Bible Discussion: A Scientific Fact

A Scientific Fact
Posts: 18

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

David Jensen
2003-09-12 14:10:46 EST
In alt.talk.creationism, IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote
in <IknowHim-1209031111380001@pm6-25.kalama.com>:

>A Scientific Fact
>
>"And as it is appointed unto men once to die...."Hebrews 9:27
>
>This is a scientific fact and we are all going to die one day. No one can
>stay, all must go. Is there anyone who can deny this fact? Even if they
>do they will eventually lay down their life and exit this world. The death
>rate is always the same one to one it never changes and is repeated over
>and over again everyday.
>
>Now, if the statement in Hebrews above is a true and scientific fact do
>you suppose that the second half of the statement is also true?
>
>"but after this the judgement." Heb 9:27
>
>Your opinion of these two statements will determine where you will be in
>eternity.
>
>Be careful how you allegorize the Word of God...

This is the most absurd misuse of the Word of God. You appeal to the
fact that people die, duh! and then claim that because this obvious
point was caught, even by the writer of Hebrews, that we should weigh
the claim that there will be a judgement, equally. Nothing in science
shows us that there will be a judgement, why bring up science at all?

IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-12 14:11:38 EST
A Scientific Fact

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die...."Hebrews 9:27

This is a scientific fact and we are all going to die one day. No one can
stay, all must go. Is there anyone who can deny this fact? Even if they
do they will eventually lay down their life and exit this world. The death
rate is always the same one to one it never changes and is repeated over
and over again everyday.

Now, if the statement in Hebrews above is a true and scientific fact do
you suppose that the second half of the statement is also true?

"but after this the judgement." Heb 9:27

Your opinion of these two statements will determine where you will be in
eternity.

Be careful how you allegorize the Word of God...

John W
2003-09-12 14:27:52 EST
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:11:38 -0700, IknowHim@leavingsoon.com
(IknowHimDoYou) wrote:

>A Scientific Fact
>
>"And as it is appointed unto men once to die...."Hebrews 9:27
>
>This is a scientific fact and we are all going to die one day. No one can
>stay, all must go. Is there anyone who can deny this fact? Even if they
>do they will eventually lay down their life and exit this world. The death
>rate is always the same one to one it never changes and is repeated over
>and over again everyday.
>
>Now, if the statement in Hebrews above is a true and scientific fact do
>you suppose that the second half of the statement is also true?
>
>"but after this the judgement." Heb 9:27
>
>Your opinion of these two statements will determine where you will be in
>eternity.
>
>Be careful how you allegorize the Word of God...


E X C E L L E N T S H O R T S E R M O N !!!

My hat's off to you, sir.

God bless,

John W



In Christ,

John W

______________________________________________________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - FAST UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>


John W
2003-09-12 14:29:54 EST
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:10:46 -0500, David Jensen
<*d@dajensen-family.com> wrote:

>In alt.talk.creationism, IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote
>in <IknowHim-1209031111380001@pm6-25.kalama.com>:
>
>>A Scientific Fact
>>
>>"And as it is appointed unto men once to die...."Hebrews 9:27
>>
>>This is a scientific fact and we are all going to die one day. No one can
>>stay, all must go. Is there anyone who can deny this fact? Even if they
>>do they will eventually lay down their life and exit this world. The death
>>rate is always the same one to one it never changes and is repeated over
>>and over again everyday.
>>
>>Now, if the statement in Hebrews above is a true and scientific fact do
>>you suppose that the second half of the statement is also true?
>>
>>"but after this the judgement." Heb 9:27
>>
>>Your opinion of these two statements will determine where you will be in
>>eternity.
>>
>>Be careful how you allegorize the Word of God...
>
>This is the most absurd misuse of the Word of God. You appeal to the
>fact that people die, duh! and then claim that because this obvious
>point was caught, even by the writer of Hebrews, that we should weigh
>the claim that there will be a judgement, equally. Nothing in science
>shows us that there will be a judgement, why bring up science at all?


You don't know. There may well have been a dozen different religions
and cults that presumed that we're re-incarnated even in that time.


And there may have been religion or science cults that were working on
eternal life in that day.


John W




In Christ,

John W

______________________________________________________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - FAST UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>


David Jensen
2003-09-12 14:33:20 EST
In alt.talk.creationism, John W <john_weatherly47@yahoo.com> wrote in
<*o@4ax.com>:

>On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:10:46 -0500, David Jensen
><david@dajensen-family.com> wrote:
>
>>In alt.talk.creationism, IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote
>>in <IknowHim-1209031111380001@pm6-25.kalama.com>:
>>
>>>A Scientific Fact
>>>
>>>"And as it is appointed unto men once to die...."Hebrews 9:27
>>>
>>>This is a scientific fact and we are all going to die one day. No one can
>>>stay, all must go. Is there anyone who can deny this fact? Even if they
>>>do they will eventually lay down their life and exit this world. The death
>>>rate is always the same one to one it never changes and is repeated over
>>>and over again everyday.
>>>
>>>Now, if the statement in Hebrews above is a true and scientific fact do
>>>you suppose that the second half of the statement is also true?
>>>
>>>"but after this the judgement." Heb 9:27
>>>
>>>Your opinion of these two statements will determine where you will be in
>>>eternity.
>>>
>>>Be careful how you allegorize the Word of God...
>>
>>This is the most absurd misuse of the Word of God. You appeal to the
>>fact that people die, duh! and then claim that because this obvious
>>point was caught, even by the writer of Hebrews, that we should weigh
>>the claim that there will be a judgement, equally. Nothing in science
>>shows us that there will be a judgement, why bring up science at all?
>
>You don't know. There may well have been a dozen different religions
>and cults that presumed that we're re-incarnated even in that time.

Physically? I'm not aware of any. The ones that preach any kind of
spiritual reincarnation are outside the ability of science to test.
Science cannot possibly tell you if spiritual reincarnation is true or
false.

>And there may have been religion or science cults that were working on
>eternal life in that day.

Like Christianity?

Tom
2003-09-12 14:39:57 EST

"John W" <john_weatherly47@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3u34mv0u06g5gjod9mge59hi84dipo3fd4@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:11:38 -0700, IknowHim@leavingsoon.com
> (IknowHimDoYou) wrote:
>
> >A Scientific Fact
> >
> >"And as it is appointed unto men once to die...."Hebrews 9:27
> >
> >This is a scientific fact and we are all going to die one day. No one
can
> >stay, all must go. Is there anyone who can deny this fact? Even if they
> >do they will eventually lay down their life and exit this world. The
death
> >rate is always the same one to one it never changes and is repeated over
> >and over again everyday.
> >
> >Now, if the statement in Hebrews above is a true and scientific fact do
> >you suppose that the second half of the statement is also true?
> >
> >"but after this the judgement." Heb 9:27
> >
> >Your opinion of these two statements will determine where you will be in
> >eternity.
> >
> >Be careful how you allegorize the Word of God...
>
>
>JohnW: E X C E L L E N T S H O R T S E R M O N !!!
> My hat's off to you, sir.

Tom: The only "eternity" is the deep sleep that awaits us all!



Lane Lewis
2003-09-12 14:46:57 EST

"John W" <john_weatherly47@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3u34mv0u06g5gjod9mge59hi84dipo3fd4@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:11:38 -0700, IknowHim@leavingsoon.com
> (IknowHimDoYou) wrote:
>
> >A Scientific Fact
> >
> >"And as it is appointed unto men once to die...."Hebrews 9:27
> >
> >This is a scientific fact and we are all going to die one day. No one
can
> >stay, all must go. Is there anyone who can deny this fact? Even if they
> >do they will eventually lay down their life and exit this world. The
death
> >rate is always the same one to one it never changes and is repeated over
> >and over again everyday.
> >
> >Now, if the statement in Hebrews above is a true and scientific fact do
> >you suppose that the second half of the statement is also true?
> >
> >"but after this the judgement." Heb 9:27
> >
> >Your opinion of these two statements will determine where you will be in
> >eternity.
> >
> >Be careful how you allegorize the Word of God...
>
>
> E X C E L L E N T S H O R T S E R M O N !!!
>
> My hat's off to you, sir.
>
snip

Sermon is right but it is off topic and the against the rules, but some
people believe their above the rules and will do anything they want whether
it's right or not.

Lane



Adam Marczyk
2003-09-12 16:16:29 EST
"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
news:IknowHim-1209031111380001@pm6-25.kalama.com...
> A Scientific Fact
>
> "And as it is appointed unto men once to die...."Hebrews 9:27
>
> This is a scientific fact and we are all going to die one day. No one
can
> stay, all must go. Is there anyone who can deny this fact? Even if they
> do they will eventually lay down their life and exit this world. The
death
> rate is always the same one to one it never changes and is repeated over
> and over again everyday.
>
> Now, if the statement in Hebrews above is a true and scientific fact do
> you suppose that the second half of the statement is also true?
>
> "but after this the judgement." Heb 9:27
>
> Your opinion of these two statements will determine where you will be in
> eternity.
>
> Be careful how you allegorize the Word of God...

I have no fear of a god who values allegiance to creeds more than the way a
person treats his fellow human beings. You, sir, are a moral cripple if you
think it is fair to judge an entire lifetime based on nothing more than
whether a person uttered a ten-second prayer to Jesus, or if you think the
suffering of an innocent person can wash away the crimes of a guilty one,
as if guilt was a physical substance that could somehow be transferred.

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org
--Tombstone epitaph of | e-mail: ebonmuse!hotmail.com
two amateur astronomers, | ICQ: 8777843
quoted in Carl Sagan's _Cosmos_ | PGP Key ID: 0x5C66F737
----------------------------------------------------------------------


Baresark
2003-09-12 16:27:35 EST

"David Jensen" <david@dajensen-family.com> wrote in message
news:eu24mv047a8nppeuum0alkjbj4ehmgooif@4ax.com...
> In alt.talk.creationism, IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote
> in <IknowHim-1209031111380001@pm6-25.kalama.com>:
>
> >A Scientific Fact
> >
> >"And as it is appointed unto men once to die...."Hebrews 9:27
> >
> >This is a scientific fact and we are all going to die one day. No one
can
> >stay, all must go. Is there anyone who can deny this fact? Even if they
> >do they will eventually lay down their life and exit this world. The
death
> >rate is always the same one to one it never changes and is repeated over
> >and over again everyday.
> >
> >Now, if the statement in Hebrews above is a true and scientific fact do
> >you suppose that the second half of the statement is also true?
> >
> >"but after this the judgement." Heb 9:27
> >
> >Your opinion of these two statements will determine where you will be in
> >eternity.
> >
> >Be careful how you allegorize the Word of God...
>
> This is the most absurd misuse of the Word of God. You appeal to the
> fact that people die, duh! and then claim that because this obvious
> point was caught, even by the writer of Hebrews, that we should weigh
> the claim that there will be a judgement, equally. Nothing in science
> shows us that there will be a judgement, why bring up science at all?

Indeed, our greatest physicists (Einstein, Schroedinger) claim that
science can't say anything about religion. They are two different
domains.



Midwinter
2003-09-12 18:50:26 EST
On 12 Sep 2003, IknowHimDoYou had this to say:

> A Scientific Fact
>
> "And as it is appointed unto men once to die...."Hebrews 9:27
>
> This is a scientific fact and we are all going to die one day. No one
> can stay, all must go. Is there anyone who can deny this fact? Even
> if they do they will eventually lay down their life and exit this
> world. The death rate is always the same one to one it never changes
> and is repeated over and over again everyday.
>
> Now, if the statement in Hebrews above is a true and scientific fact
> do you suppose that the second half of the statement is also true?
>
> "but after this the judgement." Heb 9:27
>
> Your opinion of these two statements will determine where you will be
> in eternity.
>
> Be careful how you allegorize the Word of God...


Your argument is invalid. The unarguable truth of the one does not
demonstrate truth in the other, except in the mind of a believer who
determinedly seeks such connections.

--
Midwinter

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron