Bible Discussion: The REAL Reason That The 10 Commandments Had To Go!!!

The REAL Reason That The 10 Commandments Had To Go!!!

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)

David Jensen
2003-10-29 09:24:11 EST
In alt.talk.creationism, mikeburt@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote in
<mikeburt-2910030903080001@192.168.1.55>:
>In article <El0cb.3408$wS2.44694@eagle.america.net>, "Caiaphas"
><Caiaphas66@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Aaron" <anon@home.net> wrote in message

>> > That is why Christians are wrong, they do not bother to check the
>> > actual text. The quotation is ten paragraphs. The Bible calls them
>> > "Aseret HaDivrot" (the Ten Utterances). The Catholics misnamed them
>> > tricking all Christians following them into thinking that each had to
>> > start with "Thou shalt..."
>>
>> Perhaps you ought to see how Christ enumerated them and then you will
>understand
>> why we count them the way we do.
>>

>> > It is sad really. Catholicism has done so much evil.
>> >

>> Catholicism has done evil, and Catholicism has done good. Just like Judaism -
>> Judaism has done evil, and Judaism has done good. Surely, you don't
>think I am
>> so stupid as to believe that Judaism has been perfect over the thousands of
>> years?
>
>No one disputes that the church is less than perfect, it has even produced
>evil when straying from the Word of God, but that is the church (or
>synagogue) as an institution of men, not the Word of God which is
>Christianity of which in these cases, the church is not practicing.
>
>The church, like any man, is not practicing Christianity when it produces
>evil, not matter what it may profess to confuse the Biblical illiterate by
>deceit, which is a fruit of satan, not the Ways of the Lord.

Nor are you practicing Christianity here when you lie about science and
engage in childish insults. You have shown a total lack of respect for
God's creating power with your proud ignorance and unwillingness to
consider that you are in error in your worship of your interpretation of
the Bible rather than of God.
--

Often a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens,
and the other parts of the world, about the motions and orbits of

Michael
2003-11-03 09:02:34 EST
In article <h8jvpv8m7eiovv4ku6ehks1kteiidigu4p@4ax.com>,
d*d@dajensen-family.com wrote:

> In alt.talk.creationism, mikeburt@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote in
> <mikeburt-2910030903080001@192.168.1.55>:
> >In article <El0cb.3408$wS2.44694@eagle.america.net>, "Caiaphas"
> ><Caiaphas66@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> "Aaron" <anon@home.net> wrote in message

> >> Perhaps you ought to see how Christ enumerated them and then you will
> >understand
> >> why we count them the way we do.

> >> Catholicism has done evil, and Catholicism has done good. Just like
Judaism -
> >> Judaism has done evil, and Judaism has done good. Surely, you don't
> >think I am
> >> so stupid as to believe that Judaism has been perfect over the thousands of
> >> years?
> >
> >No one disputes that the church is less than perfect, it has even produced
> >evil when straying from the Word of God, but that is the church (or
> >synagogue) as an institution of men, not the Word of God which is
> >Christianity of which in these cases, the church is not practicing.
> >
> >The church, like any man, is not practicing Christianity when it produces
> >evil, not matter what it may profess to confuse the Biblical illiterate by
> >deceit, which is a fruit of satan, not the Ways of the Lord.
>
> Nor are you practicing Christianity here when you lie about science and
> engage in childish insults.

Tee hee hee, the childish insults are generally made by evolutionists
against their Creator which transgresses the 1st 5 Commandments.

You have shown a total lack of respect for
> God's creating power with your proud ignorance and unwillingness to
> consider that you are in error in your worship of your interpretation of
> the Bible rather than of God.

Tee hee hee, hardly, but such a false witness transgresses the 4th and 9th
Commandments.

David Jensen
2003-11-03 09:17:12 EST
<mikeburt-0311030902330001@192.168.1.55>:
>In article <h8jvpv8m7eiovv4ku6ehks1kteiidigu4p@4ax.com>,
>*d@dajensen-family.com wrote:
>
>> In alt.talk.creationism, mikeburt@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote in
>> <mikeburt-2910030903080001@192.168.1.55>:
>> >No one disputes that the church is less than perfect, it has even produced
>> >evil when straying from the Word of God, but that is the church (or
>> >synagogue) as an institution of men, not the Word of God which is
>> >Christianity of which in these cases, the church is not practicing.
>> >
>> >The church, like any man, is not practicing Christianity when it produces
>> >evil, not matter what it may profess to confuse the Biblical illiterate by
>> >deceit, which is a fruit of satan, not the Ways of the Lord.
>>
>> Nor are you practicing Christianity here when you lie about science and
>> engage in childish insults.
>
>Tee hee hee, the childish insults are generally made by evolutionists
>against their Creator which transgresses the 1st 5 Commandments.

Nonsense. You are wrong about science. You know you are wrong about
science. Every time your nervous 'tee hee hee' comes, it is an
introduction to another unsupportable and generally false claim by you.
Your accusations against scientists are false and unsupportable. Your
accusations are evidence that you are not a Christian.

>> You have shown a total lack of respect for
>> God's creating power with your proud ignorance and unwillingness to
>> consider that you are in error in your worship of your interpretation of
>> the Bible rather than of God.
>
>Tee hee hee, hardly, but such a false witness transgresses the 4th and 9th
>Commandments.

Then why do you bear such false witness? Why do you worship your
interpretation of the Bible above God?

Michael
2003-11-04 17:13:02 EST
In article <5locqv81mma6apgmmi7guteihrceojjcts@4ax.com>,
d*d@dajensen-family.com wrote:

> In alt.talk.creationism, mikeburt@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote in
> <mikeburt-0311030902330001@192.168.1.55>:
> >In article <h8jvpv8m7eiovv4ku6ehks1kteiidigu4p@4ax.com>,
> >david@dajensen-family.com wrote:

> >> Nor are you practicing Christianity here when you lie about science and
> >> engage in childish insults.
> >
> >Tee hee hee, the childish insults are generally made by evolutionists
> >against their Creator which transgresses the 1st 5 Commandments.
>
> Nonsense. You are wrong about science. You know you are wrong about
> science.

No, I don't, you are assuming that.

>Every time your nervous 'tee hee hee' comes, it is an
> introduction to another unsupportable and generally false claim by you.

Tee hee hee, no, its just a genuine response to the rediculous, somewhat
unlike your tee hee hee which sounds more like it is uttered through
clentched teeth.

> Your accusations against scientists are false and unsupportable.

I haven't made any accusations against any scientist, just disagreed with
the conclusions that they may have drawn from the evidence.

Your
> accusations are evidence that you are not a Christian.

Tee hee hee, still intolerant to diversity I see.

> >> You have shown a total lack of respect for
> >> God's creating power with your proud ignorance and unwillingness to
> >> consider that you are in error in your worship of your interpretation of
> >> the Bible rather than of God.
> >
> >Tee hee hee, hardly, but such a false witness transgresses the 4th and 9th
> >Commandments.
>
> Then why do you bear such false witness? Why do you worship your
> interpretation of the Bible above God?

I don't outside of the cathedral of your own mind.

David Jensen
2003-11-04 17:22:58 EST
<mikeburt-0411031713010001@192.168.1.55>:
>In article <5locqv81mma6apgmmi7guteihrceojjcts@4ax.com>,
>*d@dajensen-family.com wrote:
>
>> In alt.talk.creationism, mikeburt@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote in
>> <mikeburt-0311030902330001@192.168.1.55>:

>> >Tee hee hee, the childish insults are generally made by evolutionists
>> >against their Creator which transgresses the 1st 5 Commandments.
>>
>> Nonsense. You are wrong about science. You know you are wrong about
>> science.
>
>No, I don't, you are assuming that.

Enough people have explained it to you that you have no excuse for your
misrepresentation of science. This is not an assumption. This is an
observation of your un-Christian behavior.

>>Every time your nervous 'tee hee hee' comes, it is an
>> introduction to another unsupportable and generally false claim by you.
>
>Tee hee hee, no, its just a genuine response to the rediculous, somewhat
>unlike your tee hee hee which sounds more like it is uttered through
>clentched teeth.
>

>> Your accusations against scientists are false and unsupportable.
>
>I haven't made any accusations against any scientist, just disagreed with
>the conclusions that they may have drawn from the evidence.
>
>Your
>> accusations are evidence that you are not a Christian.
>
>Tee hee hee, still intolerant to diversity I see.

>> >Tee hee hee, hardly, but such a false witness transgresses the 4th and 9th
>> >Commandments.
>>
>> Then why do you bear such false witness? Why do you worship your
>> interpretation of the Bible above God?
>
>I don't outside of the cathedral of your own mind.

Tom
2003-11-04 17:57:51 EST

"Michael" <mikeburt@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> In article <5locqv81mma6apgmmi7guteihrceojjcts@4ax.com>,
> david@dajensen-family.com wrote:
>
> > In alt.talk.creationism, mikeburt@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote in
> > <mikeburt-0311030902330001@192.168.1.55>:

> > >Tee hee hee, the childish insults are generally made by evolutionists
> > >against their Creator which transgresses the 1st 5 Commandments.
> >
> > Nonsense. You are wrong about science. You know you are wrong about
> > science.
>
>Burt: No, I don't, you are assuming that.

Tom: Tee hee hee, he certainly isn't wrong about your scientifc knowledge.
You are basically scientifically illiterate just like the vast majority of
fundamentalist creationists.

> >Every time your nervous 'tee hee hee' comes, it is an
> > introduction to another unsupportable and generally false claim by you.
>
>Burt: Tee hee hee, no, its just a genuine response to the rediculous,
somewhat
> unlike your tee hee hee which sounds more like it is uttered through
> clentched teeth.

Tom: Tee hee hee, still having problems with "rediculous". Between that and
"defination" you're certainly not going to win any spelling contests.

> > Your accusations against scientists are false and unsupportable.
>
>Burt: I haven't made any accusations against any scientist, just disagreed
with
> the conclusions that they may have drawn from the evidence.

Tom: Tee hee hee, of course you have made accusations against scientists,
moron. Just who do you think works in scientific areas?

> Your
> > accusations are evidence that you are not a Christian.
>
>Burt: Tee hee hee, still intolerant to diversity I see.

Tom: Tee hee hee, no one should accept behavior like yours.

> > >Tee hee hee, hardly, but such a false witness transgresses the 4th and
9th
> > >Commandments.
> >
> > Then why do you bear such false witness? Why do you worship your
> > interpretation of the Bible above God?
>
>Burt: I don't outside of the cathedral of your own mind.

Tom: Tee hee hee, you don't worship anywhere!

Michael
2003-11-06 17:01:44 EST
In article <kk9gqv001gu7m7aakbb73v9rkgmtonnm1l@4ax.com>,
d*d@dajensen-family.com wrote:

> In alt.talk.creationism, mikeburt@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote in
> <mikeburt-0411031713010001@192.168.1.55>:
> >In article <5locqv81mma6apgmmi7guteihrceojjcts@4ax.com>,
> >david@dajensen-family.com wrote:

> >> Nonsense. You are wrong about science. You know you are wrong about
> >> science.
> >
> >No, I don't, you are assuming that.
>
> Enough people have explained it to you that you have no excuse for your
> misrepresentation of science.

No one has explained it, they have just made assertions based upon their
own assumptions and limiting conditions or reliance upon the unstated
assumptions and limiting conditions of others. So what is your point?

>This is not an assumption. This is an
> observation of your un-Christian behavior.

Based upon YOUR determination of a transgression of what commandment and
what specific and particular statue and by way of reliance upon what
specific evidence?

> >>Every time your nervous 'tee hee hee' comes, it is an
> >> introduction to another unsupportable and generally false claim by you.
> >
> >Tee hee hee, no, its just a genuine response to the rediculous, somewhat
> >unlike your tee hee hee which sounds more like it is uttered through
> >clentched teeth.
> >

> >> Your accusations against scientists are false and unsupportable.
> >
> >I haven't made any accusations against any scientist, just disagreed with
> >the conclusions that they may have drawn from the evidence.
> >
> >Your
> >> accusations are evidence that you are not a Christian.
> >
> >Tee hee hee, still intolerant to diversity I see.

> >> Then why do you bear such false witness? Why do you worship your
> >> interpretation of the Bible above God?
> >
> >I don't outside of the cathedral of your own mind.

Tom
2003-11-06 17:26:25 EST

> In article <kk9gqv001gu7m7aakbb73v9rkgmtonnm1l@4ax.com>,
> david@dajensen-family.com wrote:
>
> > In alt.talk.creationism, mikeburt@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote in
> > <mikeburt-0411031713010001@192.168.1.55>:

> produced

> produces
> illiterate by

> > >No, I don't, you are assuming that.
> >
> > Enough people have explained it to you that you have no excuse for your
> > misrepresentation of science.
>
>Burt: No one has explained it, they have just made assertions based upon
their
> own assumptions and limiting conditions or reliance upon the unstated
> assumptions and limiting conditions of others. So what is your point?

Tom: Tee hee hee, his point was that you are too stupid to get the point
:-).

> >This is not an assumption. This is an
> > observation of your un-Christian behavior.
>
>Burt: Based upon YOUR determination of a transgression of what commandment
>and what specific and particular statue and by way of reliance upon what
> specific evidence?

Tom: Tee hee hee, a Philadelphia lawyer would have a difficult time figuring
out this one.

<snip>

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)