Bible Discussion: The REAL Reason That The 10 Commandments Had To Go!!!

The REAL Reason That The 10 Commandments Had To Go!!!

Mark Fox
2003-09-11 20:08:37 EST
This news item just in:

The the real reason that the monument had to be removed from the
Alabama Supreme Court was discovered today:

Its because it said "thou shall not lie or steal" and it was creating
a hostile work environment for all the lawyers and politicians who
frequently visited the building.

M*@thelastchurch.borg
2003-09-12 01:19:36 EST
This is a good one. Take ten points for your trouble.

On 11 Sep 2003 17:08:37 -0700, mark_fox_@yahoo.com (Mark Fox) wrote:

>This news item just in:
>
>The the real reason that the monument had to be removed from the
>Alabama Supreme Court was discovered today:
>
>Its because it said "thou shall not lie or steal" and it was creating
>a hostile work environment for all the lawyers and politicians who
>frequently visited the building.

Thore Schmechtig
2003-09-12 02:35:47 EST
Hi,

> Its because it said "thou shall not lie or steal" and it was creating
> a hostile work environment for all the lawyers and politicians who
> frequently visited the building.

Well, don't know about your lawyers, but if your politicians really are
the same kind of people like ours here in Germany, that may be a valid
reason ;)

--
Bye

Tocis (starspawn@carcosa.de)

Caiaphas
2003-09-12 07:50:01 EST
I like it. I sent it to every lawyer and politican I know.

"Mark Fox" <mark_fox_@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This news item just in:
>
> The the real reason that the monument had to be removed from the
> Alabama Supreme Court was discovered today:
>
> Its because it said "thou shall not lie or steal" and it was creating
> a hostile work environment for all the lawyers and politicians who
> frequently visited the building.

Therion Ware
2003-09-12 08:34:42 EST

On 11 Sep 2003 17:08:37 -0700 in
alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, Mark Fox (mark_fox_@yahoo.com
(Mark Fox)) said, directing the reply to
alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic

>This news item just in:
>
>The the real reason that the monument had to be removed from the
>Alabama Supreme Court was discovered today:
>
>Its because it said "thou shall not lie or steal" and it was creating
>a hostile work environment for all the lawyers and politicians who
>frequently visited the building.

Humour from life. I love it.

Jack
2003-09-12 12:28:11 EST
Because they missed the first one and mistranslated the rest.

Caiaphas
2003-09-12 12:44:09 EST

"Jack" <Anon@noSpam.net> wrote in message
> Because they missed the first one and mistranslated the rest.

Ah, Jack is obviously Jewish.

Christians believe you counted before God said start :-)

Aaron
2003-09-23 14:00:59 EST
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:44:09 -0400, "Caiaphas"
<*6@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Jack" <Anon@noSpam.net> wrote in message
>> Because they missed the first one and mistranslated the rest.
>
>Ah, Jack is obviously Jewish.
>
>Christians believe you counted before God said start :-)

That is why Christians are wrong, they do not bother to check the
actual text. The quotation is ten paragraphs. The Bible calls them
"Aseret HaDivrot" (the Ten Utterances). The Catholics misnamed them
tricking all Christians following them into thinking that each had to
start with "Thou shalt..."

It is sad really. Catholicism has done so much evil.

Caiaphas
2003-09-23 14:33:07 EST

"Aaron" <anon@home.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:44:09 -0400, "Caiaphas"
> <Caiaphas66@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >"Jack" <Anon@noSpam.net> wrote in message
> >> Because they missed the first one and mistranslated the rest.
> >
> >Ah, Jack is obviously Jewish.
> >
> >Christians believe you counted before God said start :-)
>
> That is why Christians are wrong, they do not bother to check the
> actual text. The quotation is ten paragraphs. The Bible calls them
> "Aseret HaDivrot" (the Ten Utterances). The Catholics misnamed them
> tricking all Christians following them into thinking that each had to
> start with "Thou shalt..."

Perhaps you ought to see how Christ enumerated them and then you will understand
why we count them the way we do.

> It is sad really. Catholicism has done so much evil.

Catholicism has done evil, and Catholicism has done good. Just like Judaism -
Judaism has done evil, and Judaism has done good. Surely, you don't think I am
so stupid as to believe that Judaism has been perfect over the thousands of
years?

Michael
2003-10-29 09:03:06 EST
In article <El0cb.3408$wS2.44694@eagle.america.net>, "Caiaphas"
<*6@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Aaron" <anon@home.net> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:44:09 -0400, "Caiaphas"
> > <Caiaphas66@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > >"Jack" <Anon@noSpam.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > >Ah, Jack is obviously Jewish.
> > >
> > >Christians believe you counted before God said start :-)
> >
> > That is why Christians are wrong, they do not bother to check the
> > actual text. The quotation is ten paragraphs. The Bible calls them
> > "Aseret HaDivrot" (the Ten Utterances). The Catholics misnamed them
> > tricking all Christians following them into thinking that each had to
> > start with "Thou shalt..."
>
> Perhaps you ought to see how Christ enumerated them and then you will
understand
> why we count them the way we do.
>

> > It is sad really. Catholicism has done so much evil.
> >

> Catholicism has done evil, and Catholicism has done good. Just like Judaism -
> Judaism has done evil, and Judaism has done good. Surely, you don't
think I am
> so stupid as to believe that Judaism has been perfect over the thousands of
> years?

No one disputes that the church is less than perfect, it has even produced
evil when straying from the Word of God, but that is the church (or
synagogue) as an institution of men, not the Word of God which is
Christianity of which in these cases, the church is not practicing.

The church, like any man, is not practicing Christianity when it produces
evil, not matter what it may profess to confuse the Biblical illiterate by
deceit, which is a fruit of satan, not the Ways of the Lord.