Bible Discussion: The Difference

The Difference

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-05 17:15:45 EST
The Difference

Evolution religion teaches that humans are just animals like any other.
They claim that humans are evolving up from goo and going on to know one
knows if anything at all. The main drive of this process is to continue
the species through survival of the fittest or stongest. Survival of the
species is for no apparent reason to evolution.

Since they consider themselves to be just animals as is a snail or a bug
it really doesn't matter how other humans treat them-good or bad it is
all the same. Except for the important ones being treated like snails or
bugs of course. This is not going to happen. When pressed for the reasons
why they should not be ill treated they fall back on "fairness". It is
just not fair to be treated badly they say.

Now, since fairness, morals, justice, equity, kindness, charity are all
derived from the principles of the Bible these are difficult for the
evolutioinsts to stomach ( you mean we have to thank God for these
scrupples?). While they claim we are just low animals on one hand they
desire to be treated by others with dignity, fairness, justice, morality,
kindness and charity on the other. It is akin to saying one thing and
doing another is it not? This describes a hypocrit.

Perhaps the solution for finding evolution's purpose is for the rest of
us, who have been made in the image of God ,to either eat them(I don't
like them) or squash them and put them out of their misery. To them it
will matter little.

Frank Reichenbacher
2003-09-05 17:27:54 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> The Difference
>
> Evolution religion teaches that humans are just animals like any other.
> They claim that humans are evolving up from goo

Correction: You are evolving from goo, the rest of us evolved from ape-like
primates.

Frank

Don't mention it.

<snip>

Christopher Robin
2003-09-05 17:40:12 EST

"Frank Reichenbacher" <vesuvius@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > The Difference
> >
> > Evolution religion teaches that humans are just animals like any other.
> > They claim that humans are evolving up from goo
>
> Correction: You are evolving from goo, the rest of us evolved from
ape-like
> primates.

And what did the ape-like primates evolve from?

Frank Reichenbacher
2003-09-05 17:59:00 EST

"Christopher Robin" <anonyngaddr@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Frank Reichenbacher" <vesuvius@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > > The Difference
> > >
> > > Evolution religion teaches that humans are just animals like any
other.
> > > They claim that humans are evolving up from goo
> >
> > Correction: You are evolving from goo, the rest of us evolved from
> ape-like
> > primates.
> >
> And what did the ape-like primates evolve from?

High class goo.

Frank

Og
2003-09-05 18:51:40 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> The Difference
>
> Evolution religion teaches that humans are just animals like any other.
> They claim that humans are evolving up from goo and going on to know one
> knows if anything at all. The main drive of this process is to continue
> the species through survival of the fittest or stongest. Survival of the
> species is for no apparent reason to evolution.
>
> Since they consider themselves to be just animals as is a snail or a bug
> it really doesn't matter how other humans treat them-good or bad it is
> all the same. Except for the important ones being treated like snails or
> bugs of course. This is not going to happen. When pressed for the reasons
> why they should not be ill treated they fall back on "fairness". It is
> just not fair to be treated badly they say.
>
> Now, since fairness, morals, justice, equity, kindness, charity are all
> derived from the principles of the Bible these are difficult for the
> evolutioinsts to stomach ( you mean we have to thank God for these
> scrupples?). While they claim we are just low animals on one hand they
> desire to be treated by others with dignity, fairness, justice, morality,
> kindness and charity on the other. It is akin to saying one thing and
> doing another is it not? This describes a hypocrit.

Hi
Thats why the animal rights movement was invented.
So they could be just animals and still have rights.
A lie to cover a lie and another lie to cover that lie.
It never stops.

Og

Zachriel
2003-09-05 18:56:01 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> The Difference
>
> Evolution religion teaches that humans are just animals like any other.
> They claim that humans are evolving up from goo and going on to know one
> knows if anything at all. The main drive of this process is to continue
> the species through survival of the fittest or stongest. Survival of the
> species is for no apparent reason to evolution.
>
> Since they consider themselves to be just animals as is a snail or a bug
> it really doesn't matter how other humans treat them-good or bad it is
> all the same. Except for the important ones being treated like snails or
> bugs of course. This is not going to happen. When pressed for the reasons
> why they should not be ill treated they fall back on "fairness". It is
> just not fair to be treated badly they say.

This world is not a nice place. Even a cursory reading of the Old Testament
tells us that. Jesus' time was a time of oppression and humiliation by a
foreign occupier. He came into the world to bring hope. His followers are to
spread the Gospel, the good news. Hope is not of this world.

> Now, since fairness, morals, justice, equity, kindness, charity are all
> derived from the principles of the Bible these are difficult for the
> evolutioinsts to stomach ( you mean we have to thank God for these
> scrupples?). While they claim we are just low animals on one hand they
> desire to be treated by others with dignity, fairness, justice, morality,
> kindness and charity on the other. It is akin to saying one thing and
> doing another is it not? This describes a hypocrit.

In this world, people have been among the most hateful and vile of
creatures. From the mud they were made, and to the mud they will return. If
hope exists, it is a gift. Why should anybody care for one another?

> Perhaps the solution for finding evolution's purpose is for the rest of
> us, who have been made in the image of God ,to either eat them(I don't
> like them) or squash them and put them out of their misery.

If you Believe, then it is your mission to bring light into a world that
doesn't really deserve it. If you lie about what scientists do, then you are
bringing darkness, as can be seen in your desire to "squash them."

> To them it will matter little.

To "them" it may matter a lot. This life might be all they have.

Adam Marczyk
2003-09-05 19:39:32 EST
IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> The Difference
>
> Evolution religion teaches that humans are just animals like any other.

This is false. Evolution (which is not a religion, evidence-free assertions
to the contrary) does teach that human beings emerged through the same
process that has produced all other life on this planet. What moral meaning
you draw from this fact is entirely up to you; like all scientific
theories, the theory of evolution merely says what happens, not whether it
is right or wrong that such things happen. It can promote immorality only
if it is immoral to accurately describe nature.

[...]

> Now, since fairness, morals, justice, equity, kindness, charity are all
> derived from the principles of the Bible

Uh-huh. So the authors of the Bible invented the very concept of morals
itself. Go on, tell us another one. In reality, the few good principles the
Bible has to teach are basic humanistic ideas that have been independently
invented by just about every culture around the world (and taught far more
effectively by some, such as Buddhism, that did not mingle teachings of
love and charity with admonitions to go kill your neighbor for believing in
the wrong god).

[...]

> Perhaps the solution for finding evolution's purpose is for the rest of
> us, who have been made in the image of God ,to either eat them(I don't
> like them) or squash them and put them out of their misery. To them it
> will matter little.

So, let's see now: The person who one paragraph above was claiming that all
moral principles derive from the Bible is now apparently advocating killing
and cannibalism. Really, do these incredible logical disconnects ever even
*enter* the minds of these people?

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org

Gaffo
2003-09-05 20:32:29 EST
IknowHimDoYou wrote:

> The Difference
>
> Evolution religion teaches that humans are just animals like any other.
> They claim that humans are evolving up from goo and going on to know one
> knows if anything at all. The main drive of this process is to continue
> the species through survival of the fittest or stongest. Survival of the
> species is for no apparent reason to evolution.
>
> Since they consider themselves to be just animals as is a snail or a bug
> it really doesn't matter how other humans treat them-good or bad it is
> all the same. Except for the important ones being treated like snails or
> bugs of course. This is not going to happen. When pressed for the reasons
> why they should not be ill treated they fall back on "fairness". It is
> just not fair to be treated badly they say.
>
> Now, since fairness, morals, justice, equity, kindness, charity are all
> derived from

derived from social insticts. All animals (usually social animals) have
instincts to work with the "group" (with others of their kind).

Without social instincts Man would never have existed long enough to
evolve in the first place!!

Morals are instinct. period. it is that simple.

Like Emotions............one need not be tought such things. Only those
who ignore their guilt (another instict) act out evils.

evil?.............ignoring one's social instinct.....knowing usually.

the principles of the Bible these are difficult for the
> evolutioinsts to stomach ( you mean we have to thank God for these
> scrupples?).

bible was written by men who had the same social instincts as we have.
Univeral morals are the same all over the world. they are instinct.

While they claim we are just low animals on one hand

"low"?????? that is your bias. I don't see animals as "low".......tehy
just "are"..................as we "are". We are simply another animal
with our own instincts. Some of which the other animals of the Earth share.

Why do you hate animals?

they
> desire to be treated by others with dignity, fairness, justice, morality,
> kindness and charity on the other.

of course. everyone supports morality.

It is akin to saying one thing and
> doing another is it not? This describes a hypocrit.

no..............it is not. you fail to understand that morality is an
instinct.

> Perhaps the solution for finding evolution's purpose

"finding" the purpose?..................surely you know the purpose of
evolution is the survival of the species.

why do you think we jail/kill molesters/murderers/insest
freaks/etc.............weeding out the "bad gene" apples (who lack/or
ignore their moral instincts)........and ensuring the survival of the
species known as Man.

is for the rest of
> us, who have been made in the image of God ,to either eat them(I don't
> like them) or squash them and put them out of their misery. To them it
> will matter little.

you calling for a Jihad Bubba?........whats with all the hate?

Gaffo
2003-09-05 20:35:31 EST
Christopher Robin wrote:

> "Frank Reichenbacher" <vesuvius@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
>
>>"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>The Difference
>>>
>>>Evolution religion teaches that humans are just animals like any other.
>>>They claim that humans are evolving up from goo
>>
>>Correction: You are evolving from goo, the rest of us evolved from
>
> ape-like
>
>>primates.
>>

> And what did the ape-like primates evolve from?

prosimians and tree shrews.

and they from rats

and the rats from small dinosuars

and the dinsuars from amphibians

and the amphibians from fish

and fish from trillobites

and trillobites from correls

and correls from one cell microbes

and microbes from sulfur loving anarobic microbes

and them from "goo".....................

byebye.

Gaffo
2003-09-05 20:42:03 EST
Og wrote:

> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
>
>>The Difference
>>
>>Evolution religion teaches that humans are just animals like any other.
>>They claim that humans are evolving up from goo and going on to know one
>>knows if anything at all. The main drive of this process is to continue
>>the species through survival of the fittest or stongest. Survival of the
>>species is for no apparent reason to evolution.
>>
>>Since they consider themselves to be just animals as is a snail or a bug
>>it really doesn't matter how other humans treat them-good or bad it is
>>all the same. Except for the important ones being treated like snails or
>>bugs of course. This is not going to happen. When pressed for the reasons
>>why they should not be ill treated they fall back on "fairness". It is
>>just not fair to be treated badly they say.
>>
>>Now, since fairness, morals, justice, equity, kindness, charity are all
>>derived from the principles of the Bible these are difficult for the
>>evolutioinsts to stomach ( you mean we have to thank God for these
>>scrupples?). While they claim we are just low animals on one hand they
>>desire to be treated by others with dignity, fairness, justice, morality,
>>kindness and charity on the other. It is akin to saying one thing and
>>doing another is it not? This describes a hypocrit.
>

> Hi
> Thats why the animal rights movement was invented.

nope that is an outgrow of instinctive morals. Some folks have kind
hearts and tranfer human intinctive morals to those animals they love.
They assume their beloved animal pets also share our moral instincts.

and in fact some do to a limited extent (only not as much as "animal
lovers" beleive). My cat loves me in her own limited way (she thinks I
am her "mother", as do other cats and dogs love there owners.

Those creatures moral instincts are a pail shadow compared to human's
morality, but they do posess a rudimentary moral instinct.

As for crualty to those animals or others with less or no moral
instinct, such acts by men only lowers him to below the animal he torchures.

> So they could be just animals and still have rights.
> A lie to cover a lie and another lie to cover that lie.
> It never stops.
>
> Og

whatever........

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)