Bible Discussion: Lack Of Refutation

Lack Of Refutation
Posts: 11

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-02 18:15:37 EST
Lack of Refutation

With all the evidence for a young earth and for the special creation
posted in these NG there has, as of yet , been no valid refutation of the
facts presented. Either of two things are going on;

1. there has been no chemical or theistic evolution in the past, present
or in the future,

and/or

2. the opinion of evolution is just that, a faith-based religion without
any factual evidence.

Now everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, no one is entitled to
monkey with the data, so to speak. After reading many posts here and
finding the same blah, blah, blah that has come out of some public school
textbooks I am more than convinced that the Scriptures are true and
accurate. The Word has always confounded the God-haters and in the end
has come away unscathed and unmatched in truthfulness. It would serve
anyone seeking the truth to study it and test it against the nay-sayer's
hyperbola and false rhetoric. The author of the Bible cannot be defeated
no matter how hard those who hate Him try. After all, He has always been
here and He always will.

Steve Zodiac
2003-09-02 19:20:29 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
news:IknowHim-0209031515370001@pm1-10.kalama.com...
> Lack of Refutation
>
> With all the evidence for a young earth and for the special creation
> posted in these NG there has, as of yet , been no valid refutation of the
> facts presented. Either of two things are going on;
>
> 1. there has been no chemical or theistic evolution in the past, present
> or in the future,
>
> and/or
>
> 2. the opinion of evolution is just that, a faith-based religion without
> any factual evidence.
>
> Now everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, no one is entitled to
> monkey with the data, so to speak. After reading many posts here and
> finding the same blah, blah, blah that has come out of some public school
> textbooks I am more than convinced that the Scriptures are true and
> accurate. The Word has always confounded the God-haters and in the end
> has come away unscathed and unmatched in truthfulness. It would serve
> anyone seeking the truth to study it and test it against the nay-sayer's
> hyperbola and false rhetoric. The author of the Bible cannot be defeated
> no matter how hard those who hate Him try. After all, He has always been
> here and He always will.

If you don't trust science, then stop pretending you are typing on a
computer and communicating with the world.

The author(s) of the bible were hallucinating from eating too much moldy
bread.

Steve Zodiac




Cactus
2003-09-02 20:37:46 EST
Congratulations Don Q, there are no windmills standing anywhere near you.

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
news:IknowHim-0209031515370001@pm1-10.kalama.com...
> Lack of Refutation
>
> With all the evidence for a young earth and for the special creation
> posted in these NG there has, as of yet , been no valid refutation of the
> facts presented. Either of two things are going on;
>
> 1. there has been no chemical or theistic evolution in the past, present
> or in the future,
>
> and/or
>
> 2. the opinion of evolution is just that, a faith-based religion without
> any factual evidence.
>
> Now everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, no one is entitled to
> monkey with the data, so to speak. After reading many posts here and
> finding the same blah, blah, blah that has come out of some public school
> textbooks I am more than convinced that the Scriptures are true and
> accurate. The Word has always confounded the God-haters and in the end
> has come away unscathed and unmatched in truthfulness. It would serve
> anyone seeking the truth to study it and test it against the nay-sayer's
> hyperbola and false rhetoric. The author of the Bible cannot be defeated
> no matter how hard those who hate Him try. After all, He has always been
> here and He always will.



Adam Marczyk
2003-09-02 21:29:32 EST
IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
news:IknowHim-0209031515370001@pm1-10.kalama.com...
> Lack of Refutation
>
> With all the evidence for a young earth and for the special creation
> posted in these NG there has, as of yet , been no valid refutation of the
> facts presented.

It's rather difficult to believe that when you have not even responded to
the vast majority of the posts refuting you. Most likely the reason for
this is that you are blinded by preconceptions, have determined your
conclusions a priori before seeing any of the evidence, and since you are
certain that you are right, you feel no need to read, much less make an
effort to comprehend, the posters responding to you. You then assume none
of them managed to refute you and declare yourself the victor. Such
arrogant and self-congratulatory tactics will get you nowhere, and only
further show why creationism has been so unanimously rejected by the
scientific community, which values evidence and ability to argue cogently,
rather than the volume one can muster in claiming victory. Until you can
actually engage in reasoned debate with the posters providing you
thoughtful replies, of which there are many, you will remain beneath
concern.

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org
--Tombstone epitaph of | e-mail: ebonmuse!hotmail.com
two amateur astronomers, | ICQ: 8777843
quoted in Carl Sagan's _Cosmos_ | PGP Key ID: 0x5C66F737
----------------------------------------------------------------------


Dave Oldridge
2003-09-02 21:30:40 EST
I*m@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote in news:IknowHim-
0*1@pm1-10.kalama.com:

> Lack of Refutation
>
> With all the evidence for a young earth and for the special creation
> posted in these NG there has, as of yet , been no valid refutation of
the
> facts presented. Either of two things are going on;
>
> 1. there has been no chemical or theistic evolution in the past,
present
> or in the future,
>
> and/or
>
> 2. the opinion of evolution is just that, a faith-based religion
without
> any factual evidence.

3. IknowHim knows nothing and nobody and is just unable to understand
scientific evidence when it is presented to him because he checked
whatever brains God gave him at the door of his heretical sect's place of
idolatrous worship.

> Now everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, no one is entitled
to
> monkey with the data, so to speak. After reading many posts here and
> finding the same blah, blah, blah that has come out of some public
school
> textbooks I am more than convinced that the Scriptures are true and
> accurate. The Word has always confounded the God-haters and in the end
> has come away unscathed and unmatched in truthfulness. It would serve
> anyone seeking the truth to study it and test it against the nay-
sayer's
> hyperbola and false rhetoric. The author of the Bible cannot be
defeated
> no matter how hard those who hate Him try. After all, He has always
been
> here and He always will.

In other words the scientists of this world and the Church are all
wasting their time trying to teach you anything.

News flash! YOU are not REQUIRED to change. You have our permission to
make your own way to hell without any interference from us. However, you
MAY NOT make libellous statements without consequence and you do NOT
possess the right to force your heretical beliefs on others or force
others to teach them for you.

--
Dave Oldridge
ICQ 1800667

Paradoxically, most real events are highly improbable.

_AnonCoward
2003-09-02 23:31:19 EST
"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
news:IknowHim-0209031515370001@pm1-10.kalama.com...
:
: Lack of Refutation
:
: With all the evidence for a young earth and for the special
: creation


Ralf:
There is no evidence for a young earth or special creation.


Ralf
--
-------------------------------------------------------------
* ^~^ ^~^ *
* _ {| |} {| |} _ *
* /_``>*< >*<''_\ *
* (\--_)++) (++(_--/) *
-------------------------------------------------------------
Nature is the canvas of creation and evolution but one of
the brushes. Religion points to the mind of God; Science
reveals its unfolding. The subjective apprehends knowledge
while the objective facilitates understanding.

In all things, yin and yang - ever flowing, one into the
other; always overtaking, always overtaken.



The_Sage
2003-09-03 00:17:24 EST
>Reply to article by: IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou)
>Date written: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 15:15:37 -0700
>MsgID:<IknowHim-0209031515370001@pm1-10.kalama.com>

>Lack of Refutation

>With all the evidence for a young earth and for the special creation
>posted in these NG there has, as of yet , been no valid refutation of the
>facts presented. Either of two things are going on;

Your logical thinking abilities aren't very good...

>1. there has been no chemical or theistic evolution in the past, present
>or in the future,

>and/or

>2. the opinion of evolution is just that, a faith-based religion without
>any factual evidence.

Those are not the only options, you only wish those were the only options.

>Now everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, no one is entitled to
>monkey with the data, so to speak. After reading many posts here and
>finding the same blah, blah, blah that has come out of some public school
>textbooks I am more than convinced that the Scriptures are true and
>accurate. The Word has always confounded the God-haters and in the end
>has come away unscathed and unmatched in truthfulness. It would serve
>anyone seeking the truth to study it and test it against the nay-sayer's
>hyperbola and false rhetoric. The author of the Bible cannot be defeated
>no matter how hard those who hate Him try. After all, He has always been
>here and He always will.

You are such a liar. We are still waiting for you to refute the following
post...

>>My reply to which came first: The chicken or the egg is...the sperm.

>No, it is dust....

What the Buybull believers don't know about reality:

1. Humans are composed of 75% water, how did Gawd create man without
using any water? Your Gawd got His science wrong again.

2. There is no place in the world that is composed of dust that is of
the same composition as the remaining 25% of matter in humans.
Where did the alleged dust come from then? Imagination?

3. The make believe Adam of Buybull fame, supposedly was created with
a body, soul, and spirit. When Adam first sinned, which of these
parts of Adam was responsible for the sin? If it was the body then
why must our souls be saved and not our bodies? If it was soul or
spirit then why must the body suffer? When God spoke to Adam in
Gen. 3:17-19, was he speaking to "Adam the body" or "Adam the soul"
or "Adam the spirit"? If you say spirit or soul then why would God
mislead Adam by saying from dust YOU were made and to dust YOU will
return? Why didn't he truthfully say from dust only your body was
made and to dust only your body will return? Your Gawd lied.

4. Eventually there would come Jesus and he was to buy back what Adam
lost. This brings us to the question of what exactly did Adam lose?
If Adam was already in Heaven, then he didn't need Jesus to die for
him because he would already be where he would want to be. If Adam
was in Hell then it was too late! He was already where he deserved
to be. Wouldn't God have originally wanted Adam to have not sinned?
If you believe in foreordaination, you would have to say no,
because God had pre-planned for Adam's failure, therefore God
wanted Adam to sin. And you call this Gawd, an "intelligent
designer"? Haha!

So now we see that those who claim creationism (in any of its multiple
forms -- theistic or intelligent design) really have not been very well schooled
in common logical sense. The foundational reason for the unreasonableness of
their beliefs is that they are looking for reasons to hate non-believers and
cannot accept the reality as it is observed to be all around us all the time,
but must submit to some ridiculous unprovable poorly thought out fantasy of how
they merely wish it were like.

The worst ones are the one who claim to know Gawd, who by accepting the blind
faith stupidity of creationism, deny themselves of ever knowing what actual
reality is. If they cannot even prove that their Gawd exists outside of their
imagination, why would they want to blindly believe without reason or thought?
They are making fools of themselves and don't even know they are making fools of
themselves, just like the blind leading the blind.

The Sage

=============================================================
My Home Page : http://members.cox.net/the.sage

"The men that American people admire most extravagantly are
most daring liars; the men they detest the most violently are
those who try to tell them the truth" -- H. L. Mencken
=============================================================

Thore Schmechtig
2003-09-03 02:07:18 EST
> With all the evidence for a young earth and for the special creation
> posted in these NG there has, as of yet , been no valid refutation of the
> facts presented.

*snort* Where there are no "facts" being posted, naturally, there are
none to be refuted.

> Now everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, no one is entitled to
> monkey with the data, so to speak.

So why do you do it?

> The Word has always confounded the God-haters and in the end
> has come away unscathed and unmatched in truthfulness.

VHS also won out against Video2000 though it was trash compared to the
much better rival system. Just because your idolatric faith survived
until now because of aggressive marketing does not prove anything.

> The author of the Bible cannot be defeated
> no matter how hard those who hate Him try. After all, He has always been
> here and He always will.

First, there are several authors. Second, the one you mean has been
CREATED. That's obvious to anyone who dares to open his eyes.

Lane Lewis
2003-09-03 09:17:36 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
news:IknowHim-0209031515370001@pm1-10.kalama.com...
> Lack of Refutation
>
> With all the evidence for a young earth and for the special creation
> posted in these NG there has, as of yet , been no valid refutation of the
> facts presented. Either of two things are going on;
>
> 1. there has been no chemical or theistic evolution in the past, present
> or in the future,
>

Amd you know there hasn't been any theistic evolution how?
If there was theistic evolution how could you know it didn't happen.
Perhaps we should all just come to you and ask how god does things because
you seem to know everything about god and even things that aren't even in
the Bible. Does God communicate through you?

Lane



Brent Howatt
2003-09-03 11:21:54 EST
In alt.talk.creationism IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote:
> Lack of Refutation
>
> With all the evidence for a young earth and for the special creation
> posted in these NG there has, as of yet , been no valid refutation of the
> facts presented. Either of two things are going on;
>
> 1. there has been no chemical or theistic evolution in the past, present
> or in the future,
>
> and/or
>
> 2. the opinion of evolution is just that, a faith-based religion without
> any factual evidence.

What you have posted is an example of the logical fallacy called the false
dichotomy. You state that there are only two possible conditions, when
obviously there are at least three and possibly many more. You state that
(to paraphrase) either 1.) there is no evolution and/or 2.) evolution is
only an opinion without any evidence. Obviously, a third option is 3.)
evolution is an observed fact with lots of supporting evidence. This
means that your false dichotomy is a fallacious argument and any
conclusion you draw from it is meaningless.

Another option is that there is theisticly based evolution occurring that
is disguised to look like biological evolution.

>
> Now everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, no one is entitled to
> monkey with the data, so to speak.

True, and you are the one monkeying with the data by using such an
obviously dishonest bit of bunk.

> After reading many posts here and
> finding the same blah, blah, blah that has come out of some public school
> textbooks I am more than convinced that the Scriptures are true and
> accurate. The Word has always confounded the God-haters and in the end
> has come away unscathed and unmatched in truthfulness. It would serve
> anyone seeking the truth to study it and test it against the nay-sayer's
> hyperbola and false rhetoric. The author of the Bible cannot be defeated
> no matter how hard those who hate Him try. After all, He has always been
> here and He always will.

There is nothing in evolution that says anything about hating god. Many
evolutionary biologist are devout followers of Christianity. Many
others are devout followers of Judaism or Islam or Buddhism or Hinduism.
Your pathetic attempts to equate biological evolution with atheism are
patently false. Yes, some biologists are atheists, but so are some
plumbers and some race car drivers.


--
H. Brent Howatt | The deluded are always filled with absolutes
h*f@die.spammers.rootshell.be| The rest of us have to live with ambiguity
PGP keys by email or keyserver | _Aristoi_ Walter Jon Williams
Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron