Bible Discussion: NASA & Mars

NASA & Mars
Posts: 27

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page:  Previous  1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)

Midwinter
2003-09-01 19:37:56 EST
On 01 Sep 2003, IknowHimDoYou had this to say:

> Yet when they look at the earth where there is
> a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it having an
> effect on the topography!

WHAT? What ARE you talking about? I take it you have never seen a valley?
A coastline?

--
Midwinter

Ujb
2003-09-01 19:38:39 EST
iconoclast wrote:
>
> "ujb" <ujb@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> news:09a300382b09965cd5c572ec00345280@news.teranews.com...
> > iconoclast wrote:
> > >
> > > "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > > news:IknowHim-0109030827560001@pm8-05.kalama.com...
> > > > A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> > > > extracted from recent probes they believe there is a large amount of
> water
> > > > on the planet although it is not evidenced on the surface. Yet they
> claim
> > > > that the topography of the planet's surface shows large scale hydralic
> > > > erosion with deep canyons and other typical water caused markings.
> > > >
> > > > Now, is it not interesting(I say incredible!) that these scientists
> can
> > > > see the evidence of water at work on Mars by the topography left
> behind
> > > > but cannot find the water. Yet when they look at the earth where
> there is
> > > > a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it having
> an
> > > > effect on the topography!
> > > >
> > > > This comes under the heading of the blind cannot see anything but what
> > > > they want, regardless of the evidence...
> > >
> > > Please state the release and release date of your discovery of NASA
> > > information.
> > > Surely since you post such information you can tell us where you got it.
> >
> > A net search will show NASA has found hematite on Mars.
> > ujb from the rusty North
>
> Yes.
>
> What else did they find?
>
> What is their latest theory?
>
> In the last probe, what did they NOT find.
>
> I really don't know the construct of Mars, but I do know that press releases
> are far from what NASA actually states. I suspect they are all wrong and
> all right.
>
> The original post was blatant and wrong.

I was only pointing out hematite rust, which is suggestive of
much water, not a mist according to Mr. Wizard I think it was. :)
ujb

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
2003-09-01 20:42:26 EST
I*m@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote in message news:<IknowHim-0109030827560001@pm8-05.kalama.com>...

> This comes under the heading of the blind cannot see anything but what
> they want, regardless of the evidence...


We ARE the Martians! Our advanced, but technilogically overburdened
"civilization" drove itself to ruin eons ago on Mars so we eradicated
the dinosuars with our technology and seeded the planet Earth with a
select few, as our home planet Mars died a slow death. The progenitors
of the human race as we now know it originally came from Mars and the
Atlantean myth of old was actually metaphoric for the demise of our
old home planet.

Doc

Iconoclast
2003-09-02 00:49:36 EST

"ujb" <ujb@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:238ea36c413fca967bfd5b15d7d73f6b@news.teranews.com...
> iconoclast wrote:
> >
> > "ujb" <ujb@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> > news:09a300382b09965cd5c572ec00345280@news.teranews.com...
> > > iconoclast wrote:
> > > >
> > > > "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:IknowHim-0109030827560001@pm8-05.kalama.com...
> > > > > A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> > > > > extracted from recent probes they believe there is a large amount
of
> > water
> > > > > on the planet although it is not evidenced on the surface. Yet
they
> > claim
> > > > > that the topography of the planet's surface shows large scale
hydralic
> > > > > erosion with deep canyons and other typical water caused markings.
> > > > >
> > > > > Now, is it not interesting(I say incredible!) that these
scientists
> > can
> > > > > see the evidence of water at work on Mars by the topography left
> > behind
> > > > > but cannot find the water. Yet when they look at the earth where
> > there is
> > > > > a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it
having
> > an
> > > > > effect on the topography!
> > > > >
> > > > > This comes under the heading of the blind cannot see anything but
what
> > > > > they want, regardless of the evidence...
> > > >
> > > > Please state the release and release date of your discovery of NASA
> > > > information.
> > > > Surely since you post such information you can tell us where you got
it.
> > >
> > > A net search will show NASA has found hematite on Mars.
> > > ujb from the rusty North
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > What else did they find?
> >
> > What is their latest theory?
> >
> > In the last probe, what did they NOT find.
> >
> > I really don't know the construct of Mars, but I do know that press
releases
> > are far from what NASA actually states. I suspect they are all wrong
and
> > all right.
> >
> > The original post was blatant and wrong.
>
> I was only pointing out hematite rust, which is suggestive of
> much water, not a mist according to Mr. Wizard I think it was. :)
> ujb

True, I understood / understand.
"Much" is relative.

We still don't know what many think we know about the moon. It has many
unexplainable "valleys" and indications of water or oxidation.

Anyway, you do notice there was no answer to my request from our expert on
hydraulics.



Thore Schmechtig
2003-09-02 02:15:59 EST
Hi,

> > The person who wrote the posting I reply to is a wonderful example of a
> > brainless fundamentalist, and the content of this person's postings is
> > perfect proof of the...
> You don't believe in the fundamentals of science?

?
I'm not sure if I get the intention of your reply right, but well...

...scientists may not know everything (and no decent scientist would
claim to do so) but they use their brains, hence "brainless
fundamentalists" can't include them ;)


--
Bye

Tocis (starspawn@carcosa.de)

Lane Lewis
2003-09-02 08:27:18 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
news:IknowHim-0109030827560001@pm8-05.kalama.com...
> A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> extracted from recent probes they believe there is a large amount of water
> on the planet although it is not evidenced on the surface. Yet they claim
> that the topography of the planet's surface shows large scale hydralic
> erosion with deep canyons and other typical water caused markings.
>
> Now, is it not interesting(I say incredible!) that these scientists can
> see the evidence of water at work on Mars by the topography left behind
> but cannot find the water. Yet when they look at the earth where there is
> a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it having an
> effect on the topography!
>
> This comes under the heading of the blind cannot see anything but what
> they want, regardless of the evidence...
>

Local flooding has a huge effect on the earth, Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls
etc. It also rains on this planet which constantly erodes evidence of past
local flooding. Strong winds and glaciers also causes some erosion. There's
a big difference between Mars and the planet earth and its really hard to
compare the two.

Geologist are the ones that would confirm your Biblical view but I don't
think you can find one that believes in it anymore. There just is not any
evidence of it.

Local Flooding on mars 10 million years ago.
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/mars_flow_020220.html

What kind of evidence do you see of flooding on the earth, besides the
recent flooding of this newsgroup with nonsense post such as yours.

Lane

"A great teacher never strives to explain his vision. He simply invites you
to stand beside him and see for yourself."
- R. Inman



Iconoclast
2003-09-02 09:47:58 EST

"Thore Schmechtig" <starspawn@carcosa.de> wrote in message
news:bj1ck1$ebk0o$1@ID-87341.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Hi,
>
> > > The person who wrote the posting I reply to is a wonderful example of
a
> > > brainless fundamentalist, and the content of this person's postings is
> > > perfect proof of the...
> > You don't believe in the fundamentals of science?
>
> ?
> I'm not sure if I get the intention of your reply right, but well...
>
> ...scientists may not know everything (and no decent scientist would
> claim to do so) but they use their brains, hence "brainless
> fundamentalists" can't include them ;)
>

Having pulled more "projects" out of the garbage can edge because of
brainless scientists because of their straight incompetance, I can tell you
that you do not know what you are reading or talking about. Out of
thousands of "scientists", I have met maybe three that say they know very
little.

You do know a word, "fundamentalist" but it is more than two syllables and
thus beyond your comprehension. I suspect that you heard the term
"fundamentalist" on TV, Radio or other such bastions of intellect.

>
> --
> Bye
>
> Tocis (starspawn@carcosa.de)



Brent Howatt
2003-09-02 11:57:11 EST
In alt.talk.creationism IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote:
> A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> extracted from recent probes they believe there is a large amount of water
> on the planet although it is not evidenced on the surface. Yet they claim
> that the topography of the planet's surface shows large scale hydralic
> erosion with deep canyons and other typical water caused markings.

There is some debate over whether the erosional features were caused by
water on some one of the other mechanisms proposed. Water is still the
leading candidate, but not the only one.

> Now, is it not interesting(I say incredible!) that these scientists can
> see the evidence of water at work on Mars by the topography left behind
> but cannot find the water. Yet when they look at the earth where there is
> a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it having an
> effect on the topography!

Obviously, you never go outside. Given your delusional state, it is
understandable that you're not let out much, but this statement of yours
sets a new record for strawman building.

As to water on Mars, there are a number of hypotheses that will be tested
by various of the probes heading that way right now. First, the water may
be in the form of sub-surface ice. Second, it may have evaporated to
space along with the great byulk of the Martian atmosphere. Third, it may
be tied up in mor complex compounds. Forth, some combination of the
previous three.

> This comes under the heading of the blind cannot see anything but what
> they want, regardless of the evidence...

Your self-description is noted as being apt.


--
H. Brent Howatt | The deluded are always filled with absolutes
h*f@die.spammers.rootshell.be| The rest of us have to live with ambiguity
PGP keys by email or keyserver | _Aristoi_ Walter Jon Williams

DistrictBoy
2003-09-02 13:12:01 EST
Get out a telescope, you can see ice caps clearly,
raise the temp, there will be a flood.

Think, dont regurgitate, God is not pleased by sloth.

Thore Schmechtig
2003-09-02 14:20:30 EST
> Having pulled more "projects" out of the garbage can edge because of
> brainless scientists because of their straight incompetance, I can tell you
> that you do not know what you are reading or talking about. ^

I recognize blatant lies and intentional ignorance of evidence when I
see them. Especially when creationist twits present their so-called
"proof".

> You do know a word, "fundamentalist" but it is more than two syllables and
> thus beyond your comprehension.

Am I supposed to take you seriously if you cannot even see that the
above-mentioned word contains FIVE syllables?

> I suspect that you heard the term
> "fundamentalist" on TV, Radio or other such bastions of intellect.

I did not care about the meaning of the word until I entered this
newsgroup and saw the evil face of christianity, presented by the
fundamentalist madmen here.

If you want to prove me wrong present evidence. If you just want to
hurl insults you waste my time.
Page:  Previous  1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron