Bible Discussion: NASA & Mars

NASA & Mars

IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-01 11:27:56 EST
A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
extracted from recent probes they believe there is a large amount of water
on the planet although it is not evidenced on the surface. Yet they claim
that the topography of the planet's surface shows large scale hydralic
erosion with deep canyons and other typical water caused markings.

Now, is it not interesting(I say incredible!) that these scientists can
see the evidence of water at work on Mars by the topography left behind
but cannot find the water. Yet when they look at the earth where there is
a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it having an
effect on the topography!

This comes under the heading of the blind cannot see anything but what
they want, regardless of the evidence...

Zachriel
2003-09-01 11:40:37 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> extracted from recent probes they believe there is a large amount of water
> on the planet although it is not evidenced on the surface. Yet they claim
> that the topography of the planet's surface shows large scale hydralic
> erosion with deep canyons and other typical water caused markings.
>
> Now, is it not interesting(I say incredible!) that these scientists can
> see the evidence of water at work on Mars by the topography left behind
> but cannot find the water. Yet when they look at the earth where there is
> a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it having an
> effect on the topography!

What are you talking about. Erosion is a well-known process in science.

> This comes under the heading of the blind cannot see anything but what
> they want, regardless of the evidence...

Adam Marczyk
2003-09-01 14:17:33 EST
IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> extracted from recent probes they believe there is a large amount of
> water on the planet although it is not evidenced on the surface. Yet
> they claim that the topography of the planet's surface shows large scale
> hydralic erosion with deep canyons and other typical water caused
> markings.
>
> Now, is it not interesting(I say incredible!) that these scientists can
> see the evidence of water at work on Mars by the topography left behind
> but cannot find the water. Yet when they look at the earth where there
> is a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it having
> an effect on the topography!

Perhaps that is because there is actual evidence of flooding on a massive
(possibly even global) scale on Mars, whereas there is no such evidence on
Earth. As you yourself pointed out, the signs of such flooding are readily
obvious, and do not exist here. Perhaps creationist ark-hunters are looking
on the wrong planet.

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org

Thore Schmechtig
2003-09-01 15:16:53 EST
> A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> extracted from recent probes they believe [...]

WARNING

The person who wrote the posting I reply to is a wonderful example of a
brainless fundamentalist, and the content of this person's postings is
perfect proof of the...

...UNWRITTEN RULES OF FUNDAMENTALISM (just the parts relevant to the
original posting)

1. "I'm right and you are wrong".
2. Never admit that you are wrong, even if you really are.
5. Be prepared at all times to lie and bluster, particularly when backed
into a corner in an argument
10.Refuse to take in information that differs from your own view and
oppose all such information through classification of such information
in
a derogatory and simplistic manner(eg by categorising it as left wing
propaganda)
11.Refuse to accept that truth is not black and white; that reality is
complex and there are shades of grey

(Thanks to the several people responsible for compiling these rules in
their current form!)

Iconoclast
2003-09-01 15:59:28 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> extracted from recent probes they believe there is a large amount of water
> on the planet although it is not evidenced on the surface. Yet they claim
> that the topography of the planet's surface shows large scale hydralic
> erosion with deep canyons and other typical water caused markings.
>
> Now, is it not interesting(I say incredible!) that these scientists can
> see the evidence of water at work on Mars by the topography left behind
> but cannot find the water. Yet when they look at the earth where there is
> a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it having an
> effect on the topography!
>
> This comes under the heading of the blind cannot see anything but what
> they want, regardless of the evidence...

Please state the release and release date of your discovery of NASA
information.
Surely since you post such information you can tell us where you got it.

Ujb
2003-09-01 16:37:09 EST
iconoclast wrote:

> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> > extracted from recent probes they believe there is a large amount of water
> > on the planet although it is not evidenced on the surface. Yet they claim
> > that the topography of the planet's surface shows large scale hydralic
> > erosion with deep canyons and other typical water caused markings.
> >
> > Now, is it not interesting(I say incredible!) that these scientists can
> > see the evidence of water at work on Mars by the topography left behind
> > but cannot find the water. Yet when they look at the earth where there is
> > a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it having an
> > effect on the topography!
> >
> > This comes under the heading of the blind cannot see anything but what
> > they want, regardless of the evidence...
>
> Please state the release and release date of your discovery of NASA
> information.
> Surely since you post such information you can tell us where you got it.

A net search will show NASA has found hematite on Mars.
ujb from the rusty North

Mefix
2003-09-01 17:17:00 EST
IknowHimDoYou wrote:

> the blind cannot see anything but what
> they want, regardless of the evidence...

The above remark perfectly describes fundie nuts like yourself.

Iconoclast
2003-09-01 18:59:39 EST

"Thore Schmechtig" <starspawn@carcosa.de> wrote in message
> > A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> > extracted from recent probes they believe [...]
>
> WARNING
>
> The person who wrote the posting I reply to is a wonderful example of a
> brainless fundamentalist, and the content of this person's postings is
> perfect proof of the...
>
> ...UNWRITTEN RULES OF FUNDAMENTALISM (just the parts relevant to the
> original posting)
>
> 1. "I'm right and you are wrong".
> 2. Never admit that you are wrong, even if you really are.
> 5. Be prepared at all times to lie and bluster, particularly when backed
> into a corner in an argument
> 10.Refuse to take in information that differs from your own view and
> oppose all such information through classification of such information
> in
> a derogatory and simplistic manner(eg by categorising it as left wing
> propaganda)
> 11.Refuse to accept that truth is not black and white; that reality is
> complex and there are shades of grey
>
> (Thanks to the several people responsible for compiling these rules in
> their current form!)

Iconoclast
2003-09-01 19:01:34 EST

"Thore Schmechtig" <starspawn@carcosa.de> wrote in message
> > A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> > extracted from recent probes they believe [...]
>
> WARNING
>
> The person who wrote the posting I reply to is a wonderful example of a
> brainless fundamentalist, and the content of this person's postings is
> perfect proof of the...

You don't believe in the fundamentals of science?

Fundamental
Hey that's more than two syllables. Do you actually know what it means.
Congratulations.

Iconoclast
2003-09-01 19:06:38 EST

"ujb" <ujb@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> iconoclast wrote:
> >
> > "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > > A report from NASA said that after examining photos and other data
> > > extracted from recent probes they believe there is a large amount of
water
> > > on the planet although it is not evidenced on the surface. Yet they
claim
> > > that the topography of the planet's surface shows large scale hydralic
> > > erosion with deep canyons and other typical water caused markings.
> > >
> > > Now, is it not interesting(I say incredible!) that these scientists
can
> > > see the evidence of water at work on Mars by the topography left
behind
> > > but cannot find the water. Yet when they look at the earth where
there is
> > > a super-abundance of water they cannot see any evidence of it having
an
> > > effect on the topography!
> > >
> > > This comes under the heading of the blind cannot see anything but what
> > > they want, regardless of the evidence...
> >
> > Please state the release and release date of your discovery of NASA
> > information.
> > Surely since you post such information you can tell us where you got it.
>
> A net search will show NASA has found hematite on Mars.
> ujb from the rusty North

Yes.

What else did they find?

What is their latest theory?

In the last probe, what did they NOT find.

I really don't know the construct of Mars, but I do know that press releases
are far from what NASA actually states. I suspect they are all wrong and
all right.

The original post was blatant and wrong.