Bible Discussion: Question For Georgann

Question For Georgann

Page:  Previous  1 2 3   (First | Last)

Jos Flachs
2003-09-23 06:13:13 EST
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:22:50 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo"
<iskanipa-y@hoo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:03:07 +0700, Jos Flachs wrote:
>
>> On 21 Sep 2003 19:26:00 -0700, iamachildofgod@hotmail.com (Rachel)
>> wrote:
>>
>>>God does not ask us to give 10% of our income to him personally. We
>>>give the money inorder for God to build up his kingdom here on earth
>>>in the form of churches and temples
>> A bit weird, if you think about it: the creator of all, perfectly
>> capable of magically <poof!> creating an entire planet of solid 45
>> carat gold needs the money of the poor...
>>
>> Go a bit back in history, and observe that gods were happy with the
>> stench of burning meat. Notably the lesser parts. The steaks were for
>> the priests.
>>
>> I wonder when gods will start to accept credit cards.
>
>Holy EFT Batman!
Will that be cash or charge?

Mark K. Bilbo
2003-09-23 14:31:41 EST
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:13:13 +0700, Jos Flachs wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:22:50 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo"
> <iskanipa-y@hoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:03:07 +0700, Jos Flachs wrote:

>>> A bit weird, if you think about it: the creator of all, perfectly
>>> capable of magically <poof!> creating an entire planet of solid 45
>>> carat gold needs the money of the poor...
>>>
>>> Go a bit back in history, and observe that gods were happy with the
>>> stench of burning meat. Notably the lesser parts. The steaks were for
>>> the priests.
>>>
>>> I wonder when gods will start to accept credit cards.
>>
>>Holy EFT Batman!
> Will that be cash or charge?

DEBIT!!!!!!!!!

--
Mark K. Bilbo

Melchizedek
2003-09-23 16:18:08 EST

"ZenIsWhen" <ZenIsWhen@anywhere.com> wrote in message

"Melchizedek" <Melchizedek@as-if.com> wrote in message

> Liz #658 BAAWA
>
> "The Bible is a wonderful source of inspiration for those
> who don't understand it." -- George Santayana
>
> -----------------
> 1 Corinthians 1:18
>
> For the Word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness,
> but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
>
> Arguing spiritual truths with non-believers is foolishness.

There are no such things as spiritual truths.
Asserting such a thing is plain ignorance!

> Matthew 25:31-46 NIV
>
> The Sheep and the Goats
>
> 31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels
> with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.
>
> 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will
> separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates
> the sheep from the goats.
>
> 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
>
> 34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you
> who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom
> prepared for you since the creation of the world.
>
> 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
> I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
> I was a stranger and you invited me in,
>
> 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you
> looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
>
> 37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we
> see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something
> to drink?
>
> 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing
> clothes and clothe you?
>
> 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
>
> 40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did
> for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
>
> 41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who
> are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his
> angels.
>
> 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty
> and you gave me nothing to drink,
>
> 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes
> and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not
> look after me.'
>
> 44 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or
> thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison,
> and did not help you?'
>
> 45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do
> for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
>
> 46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the
> righteous to eternal life."
>
> It's not long after you become a believer that you discover the
world
> is divided into two distinct groups of people -- those who accept and
apply
> the Bible, and those who simply don't get it. The reason for the two
groups
> is simple. A true believer has God's Spirit living in him, teaching and
> convicting, serving as an "interpreter" for the Word of God (I Cor. 2:10).
> But a non-believer doesn't have the Spirit of God and therefore has no
> spiritual discernment.

Ahhhhh.......the unabased arrogance of the ingorant christian!

IOW ... after you become brainwashed into any ONE particular religion, you
stupidly believe that it is only YOUR religion that is right!

You have no evidence for any god - so claims about that god are meaningless
.... as are quotes from your own brainwashing book about what's been washing
your brain!

> I Cor. 2:12 ". . . we have received . . . the Spirit who is from
God,
> that we might know the things freely given to us by God."
>
> I Cor. 2:14 "But a natural (non-believer) does not accept the things
> of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot
> understand them . . ."
>
> Therefore, you can't expect non-believers to understand those things
> only revealed to us by God's Spirit. They will only make sense to them if
> they become believers.

Translation ... those who are not brainwashed will not see the delusions
that those who are brainwashed see.

The only thing revealed here is your lack of cognitive abilities.

----------------------
The Collapse Of Atheism
ftp://info-01@65.127.169.45/understanding-videos/Documentary - The Collapse Of
Atheism.mpg

----------------------

Peacenik
> > Ikyoto wrote:
> > > If you missed my previous questions and statements due to
> > > the heavy volume of debate, here they are again:
> > >
> > > 1) You had said: "Well if you both keep it up and you
> > > begin to see positive results in the lives of others,
> > > then you may see why God expects us to give a full 10% of
> > > our income."
> > >
> > > Please cite book, chapter and verse. I'm not familiar
> > > with any non-physical god who is capable of creating
> > > entire the entire universe asking for money nor having
> > > any need for it.
> >
> > Just do what the TV preachers do; throw all the money up in
> > the air and whatever this god catches, he can keep. The
> > preacher gets the rest.
>

> God does not ask us to give 10% of our income to him personally. We
> give the money inorder for God to build up his kingdom here on earth
> in the form of churches and temples

I was unaware that a supposedly omnipotent supreme being needed money to
build his temples.

Stop being a "servant of god" and let your all-powerful god do it all by
himself.

--
Chris

Page:  Previous  1 2 3   (First | Last)