Bible Discussion: Question For Georgann

Question For Georgann

Ikyoto
2003-08-31 09:28:07 EST
If you missed my previous questions and statements due to the heavy
volume of debate, here they are again:

1)
You had said:
"Well if you both keep it up and you begin to see positive results in
the lives of others, then you may see why God expects us to give a
full 10% of our income."

Please cite book, chapter and verse. I'm not familiar with any
non-physical god who is capable of creating entire the entire universe
asking for money nor having any need for it.

2)
Does the bible allow slavery? If so, why do you not think it should be
allowed, OR do you think slavery should be allowed under the law?

3)
Does or does not your bible say that a rapist should be forced to
marry his victim and pay the father of said victim? If it does, why do
you not think this should be done, OR do you think it should?

David
2003-08-31 21:31:55 EST
Ikyoto wrote:
> If you missed my previous questions and statements due to
> the heavy volume of debate, here they are again:
>
> 1) You had said: "Well if you both keep it up and you
> begin to see positive results in the lives of others,
> then you may see why God expects us to give a full 10% of
> our income."
>
> Please cite book, chapter and verse. I'm not familiar
> with any non-physical god who is capable of creating
> entire the entire universe asking for money nor having
> any need for it.

Just do what the TV preachers do; throw all the money up in
the air and whatever this god catches, he can keep. The
preacher gets the rest.

--
David V.
Yosemite Llama Ranch

UDP for WebTV

Rachel
2003-09-21 22:26:00 EST
David <dave@thellamaranch.com> wrote in message news:<3f52a160$1@news.sti.net>...
> Ikyoto wrote:
> > If you missed my previous questions and statements due to
> > the heavy volume of debate, here they are again:
> >
> > 1) You had said: "Well if you both keep it up and you
> > begin to see positive results in the lives of others,
> > then you may see why God expects us to give a full 10% of
> > our income."
> >
> > Please cite book, chapter and verse. I'm not familiar
> > with any non-physical god who is capable of creating
> > entire the entire universe asking for money nor having
> > any need for it.
>
> Just do what the TV preachers do; throw all the money up in
> the air and whatever this god catches, he can keep. The
> preacher gets the rest.

God does not ask us to give 10% of our income to him personally. We
give the money inorder for God to build up his kingdom here on earth
in the form of churches and temples

Woden
2003-09-21 22:35:01 EST
i*d@hotmail.com (Rachel) wrote in

> David <dave@thellamaranch.com> wrote in message

(snip)

>> Just do what the TV preachers do; throw all the money up in
>> the air and whatever this god catches, he can keep. The
>> preacher gets the rest.
>

> God does not ask us to give 10% of our income to him personally. We
> give the money inorder for God to build up his kingdom here on earth
> in the form of churches and temples

If churches & temples are so important to this god, why doesn't he just
build them himself? Why is worship in an expensive, elaborate edifice
better to this god than worship in some ordinary, non-descript location?

--

Woden

"religion is a socio-political institution for the control of
people's thoughts, lives, and actions; based on
ancient myths and superstitions perpetrated through
generations of subtle yet pervasive brainwashing."

Anachron
2003-09-21 22:59:07 EST
The Earth is god's temple. What need does he have for your holy shacks?
You build these to glorify yourselves not in tribute to god.
--
-Anachron

> > Ikyoto wrote:
> > > If you missed my previous questions and statements due to
> > > the heavy volume of debate, here they are again:
> > >
> > > 1) You had said: "Well if you both keep it up and you
> > > begin to see positive results in the lives of others,
> > > then you may see why God expects us to give a full 10% of
> > > our income."
> > >
> > > Please cite book, chapter and verse. I'm not familiar
> > > with any non-physical god who is capable of creating
> > > entire the entire universe asking for money nor having
> > > any need for it.
> >
> > Just do what the TV preachers do; throw all the money up in
> > the air and whatever this god catches, he can keep. The
> > preacher gets the rest.
>

> God does not ask us to give 10% of our income to him personally. We
> give the money inorder for God to build up his kingdom here on earth
> in the form of churches and temples

David
2003-09-22 00:10:58 EST
Anachron wrote:
> The Earth is god's temple.

You need to prove this god exists before you can make that
claim.

--
David V.
Yosemite Llama Ranch

UDP for WebTV

David
2003-09-22 00:11:48 EST
Rachel wrote:
> David <dave@thellamaranch.com> wrote
>
>> Ikyoto wrote:
>>
>>> If you missed my previous questions and statements
>>> due to the heavy volume of debate, here they are
>>> again:
>>>
>>> 1) You had said: "Well if you both keep it up and you
>>> begin to see positive results in the lives of
>>> others, then you may see why God expects us to give a
>>> full 10% of our income."
>>>
>>> Please cite book, chapter and verse. I'm not familiar
>>> with any non-physical god who is capable of creating
>>> entire the entire universe asking for money nor
>>> having any need for it.
>>
>> Just do what the TV preachers do; throw all the money
>> up in the air and whatever this god catches, he can
>> keep. The preacher gets the rest.
>
> God does not ask us to give 10% of our income to him
> personally.

Of course not! How can a god that doesn't exist ask for
anything?
--
David V.
Yosemite Llama Ranch

UDP for WebTV

Jos Flachs
2003-09-22 02:03:07 EST
On 21 Sep 2003 19:26:00 -0700, iamachildofgod@hotmail.com (Rachel)
wrote:

>God does not ask us to give 10% of our income to him personally. We
>give the money inorder for God to build up his kingdom here on earth
>in the form of churches and temples
A bit weird, if you think about it: the creator of all, perfectly
capable of magically <poof!> creating an entire planet of solid 45
carat gold needs the money of the poor...

Go a bit back in history, and observe that gods were happy with the
stench of burning meat. Notably the lesser parts. The steaks were for
the priests.

I wonder when gods will start to accept credit cards.

Wolf333
2003-09-22 06:53:43 EST
> > Ikyoto wrote:
> > > If you missed my previous questions and statements due to
> > > the heavy volume of debate, here they are again:
> > >
> > > 1) You had said: "Well if you both keep it up and you
> > > begin to see positive results in the lives of others,
> > > then you may see why God expects us to give a full 10% of
> > > our income."
> > >
> > > Please cite book, chapter and verse. I'm not familiar
> > > with any non-physical god who is capable of creating
> > > entire the entire universe asking for money nor having
> > > any need for it.
> >
> > Just do what the TV preachers do; throw all the money up in
> > the air and whatever this god catches, he can keep. The
> > preacher gets the rest.
>

> God does not ask us to give 10% of our income to him personally. We
> give the money inorder for God to build up his kingdom here on earth
> in the form of churches and temples

And nice suits and fancy cars (and funny hats) for the church leaders.
Because, god knows... you can't really pray unless you're in a building that
cost at least $100,000 and being presided over by a man in a $1000 suit!

--
__________
"blood-red canal birds particular traffic climb" - anonymous, oddly Zen-like

Liz
2003-09-22 07:16:49 EST
On 21 Sep 2003 19:26:00 -0700, iamachildofgod@hotmail.com (Rachel) in
news message <92e2fdac.0309211826.20f24b33@posting.google.com> wrote:

[-----]

>God does not ask us to give 10% of our income to him personally. We
>give the money inorder for God to build up his kingdom here on earth
>in the form of churches and temples

Of what use to God® is a temple or church?

Liz #658 BAAWA

"The Bible is a wonderful source of inspiration for those
who don't understand it." -- George Santayana