Bible Discussion: Fossils And Bones

Fossils And Bones

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

IknowHimDoYou
2003-08-30 19:37:44 EST
Fossils and Bones

Fossils can be made in the laboratory using 10-20,000 psi pressure in sand
and other minerals commonly found in the earth held in steel molds. A
quick calculation of water colume at 5000+ feet gives around 23,000 psi
for salt water and this column could easily been present during the great
flood. These super-tsunamis( a mile high) rushing back and forth could
also cause earthquakes, volcano activity accompanied by huge aluvial
movements and deposits found today in many areas esposed.

Hydralic movement, both horizontal and vertical and in a short period of
time, give the best explantion for the evidence observed in geology. Long
periods of time gradually building up layer upon layer all around the
earth do not even begin to explain what is obvious to the careful observer
. These deposits show death on a momentous scale with sorting found in
water flows of great magnatude and this can be duplicated in the
laboratory over and over again with the same predictable results but not
on the same scale.

Mefix
2003-08-30 22:59:39 EST
IknowHimDoYou wrote:

[ snip ]

So where did you cut 'n' paste this latest gem of creationist wisdom
from, eh?

Cactus
2003-08-31 02:17:52 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> Fossils and Bones
>
> Fossils can be made in the laboratory using 10-20,000 psi pressure in sand
> and other minerals commonly found in the earth held in steel molds. A
> quick calculation of water colume at 5000+ feet gives around 23,000 psi
> for salt water and this column could easily been present during the great
> flood. These super-tsunamis( a mile high) rushing back and forth could
> also cause earthquakes, volcano activity accompanied by huge aluvial
> movements and deposits found today in many areas esposed.

Where do you get this? It's not biblical; tsunamis are nowhere mentioned.
This is heresy! How can you do this?

Not only that, the Bible says it rained. Maybe it rained a lot, but that
can't produce tsunamis, which are the product of earthquakes or volcanic
eruption. In case you hadn't noticed, rain does not cause volcanism. This
is too stupid for even a creationist.

Rain doesn't cause earthquakes either. I live in California, and I know
this; in fact all the earthquakes (quite a few in almost 30 years) have been
during dry weather. Mudslides do tend to happen when it rains, but they
only move downhill.

In case you hadn't noticed, rain is fresh water. No salt. A rain of the
magnitude you are talking might very well alter the salinity of the oceans,
reducing your much vaunted pressure. Not to mention the fact that the
salinity of the rain on land would have been much less than in the oceans
anyway.

Oh yes, one might be able to produce metamorphic rocks in the manner you
describe, but they can still be dated radiometrically. Were your ridiculous
proposal true (HAHAHAHAHAHA), all fossils would have the same radiometric
composition, something that has most definitely NOT been observed.

I don't mean to rain on your parade of arrogant ignorance, but maybe the
weight of my arguments will fossilize your arguments as they deserve.

Thore Schmechtig
2003-08-31 04:45:23 EST
> Fossils and Bones

Trash as usual. Dismissed.

Phar Lap
2003-08-31 06:52:39 EST
Cgristians should try not to be idiots

Lane Lewis
2003-08-31 07:54:04 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> Fossils and Bones
>
> Fossils can be made in the laboratory using 10-20,000 psi pressure in sand
> and other minerals commonly found in the earth held in steel molds. A
> quick calculation of water colume at 5000+ feet gives around 23,000 psi
> for salt water and this column could easily been present during the great
> flood. These super-tsunamis( a mile high) rushing back and forth could
> also cause earthquakes, volcano activity accompanied by huge aluvial
> movements and deposits found today in many areas esposed.
>
> Hydralic movement, both horizontal and vertical and in a short period of
> time, give the best explantion for the evidence observed in geology. Long
> periods of time gradually building up layer upon layer all around the
> earth do not even begin to explain what is obvious to the careful observer
> . These deposits show death on a momentous scale with sorting found in
> water flows of great magnatude and this can be duplicated in the
> laboratory over and over again with the same predictable results but not
> on the same scale.

Which lab, do you have a cite for this.

Trying to create a global flood in a lab even on a small scale would be
impossible with any kind of credible results. But any results we do have
all show that the type of sorting in nothing like we see in the earth today.
Fruit trees only in the upper layers, mammals only in the upper layers,
Trilobites only in certain layers, Grass only in the upper layers. Pollen
only in the upper layers. This type of sorting has never been duplicated in
a lab.

Lane

Steven J.
2003-09-01 01:04:09 EST
I*m@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote in message news:<IknowHim-3008031637440001@pm4-23.kalama.com>...
> Fossils and Bones
>
> Fossils can be made in the laboratory using 10-20,000 psi pressure in sand
> and other minerals commonly found in the earth held in steel molds. A
> quick calculation of water colume at 5000+ feet gives around 23,000 psi
> for salt water and this column could easily been present during the great
> flood. These super-tsunamis( a mile high) rushing back and forth could
> also cause earthquakes, volcano activity accompanied by huge aluvial
> movements and deposits found today in many areas esposed.

This would imply, among other things, that just about everything at
the bottom of the ocean (average depth 10,000+ feet of salt water) is
fossilized. AFAIK this is not the case.

> Hydralic movement, both horizontal and vertical and in a short period of
> time, give the best explantion for the evidence observed in geology. Long
> periods of time gradually building up layer upon layer all around the
> earth do not even begin to explain what is obvious to the careful observer
> . These deposits show death on a momentous scale with sorting found in
> water flows of great magnatude and this can be duplicated in the
> laboratory over and over again with the same predictable results but not
> on the same scale.

The trouble with these assertions is that you find fossils sorted, not
by size, or shape, or other hydrodynamically relevant factors, but by
species -- often a species will be represented in some stratum by a
mixture of ages and sizes, and then replaced in the next higher
stratum by a very similar species, also in a mix of sizes and ages.
You find ichthyosaurs and cetaceans, very similar in size, shape,
diet, etc. in different strata, never mixed together as one might
expect if they'd lived and died at the same time.

The really odd thing about "death on a momentous scale" from a single
global catastrophe, is that there are, on the one hand, too many
fossils, and on the other, too few. There are, in the Karoo formation
of southern Africa alone, an estimated (based on sampling) 800 billion
fossils of vertebrates with an average size of, say, a modern racoon.
That's an astonishing population density, even if you assume that they
lived all over Africa and just washed into the Karoo basin (though
Africa has other regions with lots of fossils as well). At the most
generous estimates of the pre-Flood Earth's carrying capacity, the
fossil record must represent well nigh every living thing alive at the
time Noah entered the Ark. So one has to wonder why, in the strata
usually supposed to have been laid down by the Flood (the Paleozoic
and Mesozoic, and sometimes the tertiary) one finds no human fossils,
or fossils of human livestock (both of whom commonly drown in flooding
of low-lying areas), and no rubble from human cities, instead of the
hosts of such fossils we should expect from the "flood model."

In some parts of the world, we see "channeled scablands" with drainage
features formed by massive flood runoffs. But we don't see these
everywhere in the world, or the massive drainage canyons around the
rims of every continent where the flood waters drained into the
oceans. We don't see the massive fractures where the ocean basins
deepened to receive the floodwaters, or where the mountains rose
drastically after the flood (if you assume current ocean basin depths
and mountain heights, the Earth has only about one-fourth of the water
needed for a global flood). There are other problems with a global
flood, of course. That there have been drastic local floods, which
have left clear and abundant evidence, no geologist denies, but there
is no evidence of a worldwide flood within the last 10,000 years, or
indeed for millions of centuries before that.

-- Steven J.

Tom
2003-09-01 16:12:29 EST

"YM1" <YM1@juno.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:52:39 +1100, Melbournecup@Flemington.com ( Phar
> Lap) wrote:
>
> >Cgristians should try not to be idiots
>
> YM1
> I agree, lets leave that to evolutionist.

Tom: Gee whiz YM1, they were referring to you.

YM1
2003-09-01 16:13:40 EST
Lap) wrote:

>Cgristians should try not to be idiots

YM1
I agree, lets leave that to evolutionist.

YM1
2003-09-01 16:34:53 EST
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 06:17:52 GMT, "cactus" <be131344@hotmal.com>
wrote:

>"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
>> Fossils and Bones
>>
>> Fossils can be made in the laboratory using 10-20,000 psi pressure in sand
>> and other minerals commonly found in the earth held in steel molds. A
>> quick calculation of water colume at 5000+ feet gives around 23,000 psi
>> for salt water and this column could easily been present during the great
>> flood. These super-tsunamis( a mile high) rushing back and forth could
>> also cause earthquakes, volcano activity accompanied by huge aluvial
>> movements and deposits found today in many areas esposed.
>
>Where do you get this? It's not biblical; tsunamis are nowhere mentioned.
>This is heresy! How can you do this?
>
>Not only that, the Bible says it rained. Maybe it rained a lot, but that
>can't produce tsunamis, which are the product of earthquakes or volcanic
>eruption. In case you hadn't noticed, rain does not cause volcanism. This
>is too stupid for even a creationist.
>
>Rain doesn't cause earthquakes either. I live in California, and I know
>this; in fact all the earthquakes (quite a few in almost 30 years) have been
>during dry weather. Mudslides do tend to happen when it rains, but they
>only move downhill.
>
>In case you hadn't noticed, rain is fresh water. No salt. A rain of the
>magnitude you are talking might very well alter the salinity of the oceans,
>reducing your much vaunted pressure. Not to mention the fact that the
>salinity of the rain on land would have been much less than in the oceans
>anyway.
>
>Oh yes, one might be able to produce metamorphic rocks in the manner you
>describe, but they can still be dated radiometrically. Were your ridiculous
>proposal true (HAHAHAHAHAHA), all fossils would have the same radiometric
>composition, something that has most definitely NOT been observed.
>
>I don't mean to rain on your parade of arrogant ignorance, but maybe the
>weight of my arguments will fossilize your arguments as they deserve.

YM1
I believe you mean to rain on his parade but why are you trying to do
it by lying?
Genesis 7: 11 says
"In the sixth hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, in
the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains
of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened."

"all the fountains of the great deep broken up" sure sounds like
earthquakes all over the ocean floor to me.

"and the windows of heaven were opened." Sounds like rain was coming
down in torrents to me. Sounds to me like God did what He said He
would do. He created a worldwide flood. This history in the earth
that you evolutionist like to snow us with gives us much more evidence
of a worldwide flood, in fact there doesn't seem to be any doubt of it
except in the mind of secularist who are determined to drive God out
ofAmerica.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)