Bible Discussion: One Of My Favorite Scripture Verses . . .

One Of My Favorite Scripture Verses . . .
Posts: 27

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page:  Previous  1 2 3   (First | Last)

Crazyalec
2003-08-30 06:00:07 EST
"Nori Otaku" <nori_otaku@yahoo.spam> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.08.28.05.40.24.765610@noriotaku.usenet>...
> Crazyalec wrote on Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:55:58 +0000:
>
> >
> > "John Hattan" <john@thecodezone.com> wrote in message
> > news:vu7nkvoukpj6i3tkf3s1eitv8ncsbplrf6@4ax.com...
> >> "info" <info@as-if.com> wrote:
> >> I refuse to believe in any god that would saddle finite beings like us
> >
> > God is already a belief....an idea....a figment of somebody's
> > imagination.How can you believe in a belief?
>
> I believe that you believe you can't believe a belief.
>
> Now I've said something, but I'm not sure if that says something or not.
> -Chang Tzu

Now thats sounds very sexy

Crazyalec
2003-08-30 06:06:17 EST
"Roy Mock" <roymock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:<3f4e8b18$0$6523$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "Crazyalec" <oleka2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:OHQ2b.267866$o%2.122102@sccrnsc02...
> >
> > "John Hattan" <john@thecodezone.com> wrote in message
> > news:vu7nkvoukpj6i3tkf3s1eitv8ncsbplrf6@4ax.com...
> > > "info" <info@as-if.com> wrote:
> > > I refuse to believe in any god that would saddle finite beings like us
> >
> > God is already a belief....an idea....a figment of somebody's
> > imagination.How can you believe in a belief?
>
> I am assuming the following to see if I understood you correctly: - Any
> teaching about God is based on an imagined idea that has no substance and so
> therefore cannot be trusted.


God is a product, sold by a big business called religion. More
customers you have, more money and power you get.

>
> I wonder if anyone in the pure sciences will agree with that since ideas are
> validated. Just because a validated proposition does not find immediate
> application, it does not necessarily follow that the knowledge has no value.

Its a product that has value. Supply and demand. Religion is very good
at creating customers, and then selling a product to them.

>
> Or, alternatively, we may conceive many ideas for an outcome, but if those
> ideas are not realised it does not necessarily negate their merit nor that
> there is any one true idea. E.g. My concept of an automobile may be
> different from anyone else's.

But the product is the same.There are hundreds of car making companies
in the world, but they all selling a product (car) for a profit.

>
> The problem I have with your statement, quoted above, is that the God of the
> Bible is a PERSON - not an idea nor object.

nah, that is what theocracy says to justify a con game.In reality god
is a product, sold by a business of religion.

Crazyalec
2003-08-30 06:16:24 EST
Eudaimonus <jwscott9@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:<3F4E50E1.2080707@insightbb.com>...
> Crazyalec wrote:
>
>
> > "believe in god" translated to "buying a product, sold by a business."
> > So why "atheists" argue about a product, is beyond my fucking imagination.
>
> To keep with the analogy - the product being sold does not exist, and
> all who "sell" the product are engaging in fraud, which is both unjust
> and a positive harm to those to whom it is done.

Well, that is what a con game is, isn't it?

>
> Would you say that one should not argue against Mein Kamph because it is
> a product sold by a buisness?

No. Mein Kamph is not a product.

Considered as ideology, the ideology of
> Mein Kamph is unsafe as intended to be used, protrayed as other than it
> is, and provides no real, as opposed to apparent, value to those who
> consume it. Is that no reason to argue over the product? To not buy it
> and tell others not to buy it?

No value? You are kidding, right? If Nazi's won WW2, that would be the
richest and most powerfull country in the world.

Harry Leopold
2003-08-30 09:47:37 EST
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:30:49 -0500, De Zoolz wrote
(in message <yj83b.1624$xD2.1074@fe01.atl2.webusenet.com>):

> From: "De Zoolz" <Wicked-Men@theEvilWTs.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.religion.jehovahs-witn, alt.talk.creationism, alt.bible,
> alt.atheism
>
>
> "Harry Leopold" <hleopold@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> ** So you see THAT as proof? There's a woman down in town who SAYS she's
>>> Jesus Christ. Does that make it true? (the Zools)
>>
>> That's nothing, we have Dore posting here in alt.atheism, she claims to BE
>> Jesus Christ arisen, and boy is she pissed. ;-)
> ========================
> The poor thing! Looks like Jesus chooses to come back in all the lunatics
> of the world. That's as crazy as one of the Jehovah's Witnesses on the ARJW
> NG named Jabriol who now claims all his old posts were forged!!!! You
> know,.... the ones he's ashamed of and that recently came back to haunt him.
> The more religious a person is the more dangerous they are, or can be.

Snicker, I know, I have him in the kill-file, but in the last week or so I
have run into a number of comments to, or about, Jabriol and his current
claims. He should be ashamed of those posts.

Beware of the ghosts of posts past that come groaning and moaning in the
night. They crawl out of the grave to spread doom and gloom on those who
wrote them in haste. Not even a stake in their hearts will lay them low for
the posts of rantings past shall raise up out of the grave again tonight.

BOO!
--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076
AA/Vet #4
The Prints of Darkness

"A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that doesn't make them biscuits." -
Anonymous


Roy Mock
2003-08-30 11:42:02 EST

"Crazyalec" <oleka2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:37c9d6cf.0308300206.5a71e841@posting.google.com...
> "Roy Mock" <roymock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:<3f4e8b18$0$6523$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...
> > "Crazyalec" <oleka2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:OHQ2b.267866$o%2.122102@sccrnsc02...
> > >
> > > "John Hattan" <john@thecodezone.com> wrote in message
> > > news:vu7nkvoukpj6i3tkf3s1eitv8ncsbplrf6@4ax.com...
> > > > "info" <info@as-if.com> wrote:
> > > > I refuse to believe in any god that would saddle finite beings like
us
> > >
> > > God is already a belief....an idea....a figment of somebody's
> > > imagination.How can you believe in a belief?

[snip]

> God is a product, sold by a big business called religion. More
> customers you have, more money and power you get.

No. God is a Person to Whom we are accountable. It's not a matter of power
but relationship.

[snip]
>
> Its a product that has value. Supply and demand. Religion is very good
> at creating customers, and then selling a product to them.

Religion is never regarded as enterprises as far as I know.

[snip]

> > The problem I have with your statement, quoted above, is that the God of
the
> > Bible is a PERSON - not an idea nor object.
>
> nah, that is what theocracy says to justify a con game.In reality god
> is a product, sold by a business of religion.

You seem to have a negative obsession with commerce and power. Describe
your ideal society without commerce?



Nori Otaku
2003-09-03 01:08:22 EST
Crazyalec wrote on Sat, 30 Aug 2003 03:00:07 -0700:

> "Nori Otaku" <nori_otaku@yahoo.spam> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.08.28.05.40.24.765610@noriotaku.usenet>...
>> Crazyalec wrote on Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:55:58 +0000:
>>
>> >
>> > "John Hattan" <john@thecodezone.com> wrote in message
>> > news:vu7nkvoukpj6i3tkf3s1eitv8ncsbplrf6@4ax.com...
>> >> "info" <info@as-if.com> wrote:
>> >> I refuse to believe in any god that would saddle finite beings like us
>> >
>> > God is already a belief....an idea....a figment of somebody's
>> > imagination.How can you believe in a belief?
>>
>> I believe that you believe you can't believe a belief.
>>
>> Now I've said something, but I'm not sure if that says something or not.
>> -Chang Tzu
>
> Now thats sounds very sexy

Why thank you. :) Chang Tzu is a hilarious, yet insightful guy.

--
NoriOtaku :: Change 'spam' to 'com' to send mail


Cactus
2003-09-03 02:03:07 EST
Wasn't Chuang Tzu a butterfly? (:-)

"Nori Otaku" <nori_otaku@yahoo.spam> wrote in message
news:pan.2003.09.03.05.08.20.389903@noriotaku.usenet...
> Crazyalec wrote on Sat, 30 Aug 2003 03:00:07 -0700:
>
> > "Nori Otaku" <nori_otaku@yahoo.spam> wrote in message
news:<pan.2003.08.28.05.40.24.765610@noriotaku.usenet>...
> >> Crazyalec wrote on Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:55:58 +0000:
> >>
> >> >
> >> > "John Hattan" <john@thecodezone.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:vu7nkvoukpj6i3tkf3s1eitv8ncsbplrf6@4ax.com...
> >> >> "info" <info@as-if.com> wrote:
> >> >> I refuse to believe in any god that would saddle finite beings like
us
> >> >
> >> > God is already a belief....an idea....a figment of somebody's
> >> > imagination.How can you believe in a belief?
> >>
> >> I believe that you believe you can't believe a belief.
> >>
> >> Now I've said something, but I'm not sure if that says something or
not.
> >> -Chang Tzu
> >
> > Now thats sounds very sexy
>
> Why thank you. :) Chang Tzu is a hilarious, yet insightful guy.
>
> --
> NoriOtaku :: Change 'spam' to 'com' to send mail
>


Page:  Previous  1 2 3   (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron