Bible Discussion: One Of My Favorite Scripture Verses . . .

One Of My Favorite Scripture Verses . . .

*@sbcglobal.net
2003-08-26 01:56:24 EST

It's II Timothy 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness"

And the way we know II Timothy 3:16 is "a scripture given by inspiration of
God," is because it says so, right there in the Bible. What more proof do
you want? They couldn't print it if it wasn't true . . . I guess so,
anyway . . .

--Tock

Crazyalec
2003-08-26 03:38:31 EST

<*k@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> It's II Timothy 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God,

God is a product, sold by a big business called religion. Criticizing God is
like complaining about Windows XP or a car that you bought. The company will
never stop selling a product, that brings them billions of dollars in
revenue.

Geoff Offermann
2003-08-26 07:27:04 EST
"Crazyalec" <oleka2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> <tock@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >
> > It's II Timothy 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
>
> God is a product, sold by a big business called religion. Criticizing God
is
> like complaining about Windows XP or a car that you bought. The company
will
> never stop selling a product, that brings them billions of dollars in
> revenue.

Oh yeah? Well, I don't believe in Windows!

Mekkala
2003-08-26 13:34:29 EST
On 26 Aug 2003, "Crazyalec" <oleka2000@yahoo.com> screwed up his face,
groaned, pushed hard, and farted out the following message in

> <tock@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>> It's II Timothy 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
>
> God is a product, sold by a big business called religion. Criticizing
> God is like complaining about Windows XP or a car that you bought. The
> company will never stop selling a product, that brings them billions
> of dollars in revenue.

My GOD, will you SHUT the FUCK up about your idiotic obsession!

*plonk*

--
Mekkala, Atheist #2148
"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly

Info
2003-08-26 13:42:08 EST

"Geoff Offermann" <gebobs@yahoo.nospam.com> wrote in message
"Crazyalec" <oleka2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> <tock@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >
> > It's II Timothy 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
>
> God is a product, sold by a big business called religion. Criticizing God
is
> like complaining about Windows XP or a car that you bought. The company
will
> never stop selling a product, that brings them billions of dollars in
> revenue.

Oh yeah? Well, I don't believe in Windows!

------------
It doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what is Truth.

Jesus said, I am the Way and the Truth and the Light.
No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

You choose, Heaven or Hell:

Hell is one of those subjects that makes people uncomfortable. We hear stories of hell
being a place of fire, demons, and endless torment. Throughout history many authors have
written about it, Dante's Inferno for example. Western culture is very familiar with the
concept. Even Hollywood has made it the subject of many movies. Whatever the context,
whatever the belief, hell is definitely taught in the Bible. But even the doctrine of
hell is not without its controversy. Some say it is only the grave with no consciousness.
Others say it is a place of correction and punishment that is not eternal. Others say it
is an endless agonizing punishment in fire. Whichever it is, hell is the total absence of
the favor of God.

ftp://infidel:infidel@65.127.169.45/hell.html

------------

Chain Smoker
2003-08-26 14:00:25 EST
"BuddaRootie" <no-door-knockers@myhome.edu> wrote in message

> <tock@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> :
> : And the way we know II Timothy 3:16 is "a scripture given by inspiration
> of
> : God," is because it says so, right there in the Bible.
>
> ** So you see THAT as proof? There's a woman down in town who SAYS she's
> Jesus Christ. Does that make it true?
>
> What more proof do
> : you want? They couldn't print it if it wasn't true . . .
>
> ** Who took a time machine back to biblical days to make sure it was all
> true? You know, the talking snakes and donkeys, the pregnant virgins
> ....... :-)

Not to defend the OP really, but I have to ask. You are usually the last
person to "get" the joke in your circle of friends, aren't you?

John Hattan
2003-08-26 14:00:38 EST
"info" <info@as-if.com> wrote:

>"Geoff Offermann" <gebobs@yahoo.nospam.com> wrote in message
>"Crazyalec" <oleka2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> <tock@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > It's II Timothy 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
>>
>> God is a product, sold by a big business called religion. Criticizing God
>is
>> like complaining about Windows XP or a car that you bought. The company
>will
>> never stop selling a product, that brings them billions of dollars in
>> revenue.
>
>Oh yeah? Well, I don't believe in Windows!
>
>------------
>It doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what is Truth.
>
>Jesus said, I am the Way and the Truth and the Light.
>No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6
>
> You choose, Heaven or Hell:
>
>Hell is one of those subjects that makes people uncomfortable. We hear stories of hell
>being a place of fire, demons, and endless torment. Throughout history many authors have
>written about it, Dante's Inferno for example. Western culture is very familiar with the
>concept. Even Hollywood has made it the subject of many movies. Whatever the context,
>whatever the belief, hell is definitely taught in the Bible. But even the doctrine of
>hell is not without its controversy. Some say it is only the grave with no consciousness.
>Others say it is a place of correction and punishment that is not eternal. Others say it
>is an endless agonizing punishment in fire. Whichever it is, hell is the total absence of
>the favor of God.

The doctrine of eternal punishment in hell is a doctrine that makes the
most bloodthirsty virgin-requiring volcano god seem tame in comparison.
I refuse to believe in any god that would saddle finite beings like us
with a decision with as grave consequences as "infinite punishment or
infinite reward" based on the arbitrary notion of accepting his
existence.

Very simply, I have too much much of a sense of common decency to view
such a monstrous system as "justice". I cannot believe in such a
monster.

---
John Hattan Grand High UberPope - First Church of Shatnerology
j*n@thecodezone.com http://www.shatnerology.com

BuddaRootie
2003-08-26 14:09:07 EST

<*k@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
:
: And the way we know II Timothy 3:16 is "a scripture given by inspiration
of
: God," is because it says so, right there in the Bible.

** So you see THAT as proof? There's a woman down in town who SAYS she's
Jesus Christ. Does that make it true?

What more proof do
: you want? They couldn't print it if it wasn't true . . .

** Who took a time machine back to biblical days to make sure it was all
true? You know, the talking snakes and donkeys, the pregnant virgins
....... :-)

I guess so,
: anyway . . .
--
Fuzzy Won......
Just more loving kindness from God...
><> ~~~ ><> ~~~ ><> ~~~ ><> ~~~ ><> ~~~ ><> ~~~ ><> ~~~

*@sbcglobal.net
2003-08-26 14:29:27 EST

"BuddaRootie" <no-door-knockers@myhome.edu> wrote in message

> <tock@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> :
> : And the way we know II Timothy 3:16 is "a scripture given by inspiration
> of
> : God," is because it says so, right there in the Bible.
>
> ** So you see THAT as proof? There's a woman down in town who SAYS she's
> Jesus Christ. Does that make it true?
>
> What more proof do
> : you want? They couldn't print it if it wasn't true . . .
>
> ** Who took a time machine back to biblical days to make sure it was all
> true? You know, the talking snakes and donkeys, the pregnant virgins
> ....... :-)
*************************************

Huh . . .
I guess satire doesn't work too well on Usenet, eh?
I suppose there are people crazy enough to reason like that, though.
*sigh*
Oh well . . .
--Tock

De Zoolz
2003-08-27 03:55:26 EST

"Chain Smoker" <joe@noname.com> wrote in message
:
: Not to defend the OP really, but I have to ask. You are usually the last
: person to "get" the joke in your circle of friends, aren't you?
Nope! :0)
--
Ms Zool.....
~* w89 9/15 p. 23 Be Obedient to Those Taking the Lead ~*