Bible Discussion: A Resounding Victory For Decency

A Resounding Victory For Decency

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

J Young
2004-11-05 16:19:57 EST
The people have spoken and the biggest winners on Election Day were
decency and virtue. The American public has embraced the social agenda
put forth by President Bush. These include a crushing blow in eleven
states that overwhelmingly defeated same-sex marriage initiatives. The
American people have said no to affirmative action and to abortion on
demand. The days of coddling hardened criminals are officially dead.
Illegal immigrants will be dealt with and removed from our
communities.Common sense will once again reign on the United States
Supreme Court. What has been labeled for so long as the RRR( religious
radical right) was in fact mainstream America. The people have spoken
and they have said "yes" to morals and decency.

--sexkitten--
2004-11-05 16:23:29 EST
J Young wrote:
> The people have spoken and the biggest winners on Election Day were
> decency and virtue. The American public has embraced the social agenda
> put forth by President Bush. These include a crushing blow in eleven
> states that overwhelmingly defeated same-sex marriage initiatives. The
> American people have said no to affirmative action and to abortion on
> demand. The days of coddling hardened criminals are officially dead.
> Illegal immigrants will be dealt with and removed from our
> communities.Common sense will once again reign on the United States
> Supreme Court. What has been labeled for so long as the RRR( religious
> radical right) was in fact mainstream America.

And this explains why the vote was split down the middle?
According to the reports I have seen, people voted for Bush primarily on
terrorism.

The people have spoken
> and they have said "yes" to morals and decency.

Christopher Benson-Manica
2004-11-05 16:26:03 EST
In talk.abortion J Young <youngopinions@aol.com> wrote:

> The people have spoken and the biggest winners on Election Day were
> decency and virtue.

The biggest winner was the Christian Taliban, but I wouldn't say that
it displays "decency" and "virtue".

> Supreme Court. What has been labeled for so long as the RRR( religious
> radical right) was in fact mainstream America.

Which is precisely the reason I call them the Christian Taliban;
there's no denying that they (you?) are winning. Doesn't mean I have
to like it.

Attila
2004-11-05 16:41:17 EST
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 21:26:03 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Benson-Manica
<*u@nospam.cyberspace.org> in alt.abortion with message-id
<cmgr5b$sgd$1@chessie.cirr.com> wrote:

>In talk.abortion J Young <youngopinions@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> The people have spoken and the biggest winners on Election Day were
>> decency and virtue.
>
>The biggest winner was the Christian Taliban, but I wouldn't say that
>it displays "decency" and "virtue".
>
>> Supreme Court. What has been labeled for so long as the RRR( religious
>> radical right) was in fact mainstream America.
>
>Which is precisely the reason I call them the Christian Taliban;
>there's no denying that they (you?) are winning. Doesn't mean I have
>to like it.

Nor I. But don't forget the millions who did not vote - this time.
The next election may be interesting, but frankly I doubt even a small
percentage of what is hysterically being thrown around will ever
happen.

And of course, all the representatives and 1/3 of the senators must
run again in two years.

Attila
2004-11-05 16:49:21 EST
On 5 Nov 2004 13:19:57 -0800, youngopinions@aol.com (J Young) in
<*1@posting.google.com> wrote:

>The people have spoken and the biggest winners on Election Day were
>decency and virtue.

that is a matter of opinion.

>The American public has embraced the social agenda
>put forth by President Bush.

No, the church group demonstrated it's ability to get it's voters to
the voting booths. And even then Bush only got 51% of the popular
vote.

>These include a crushing blow in eleven
>states that overwhelmingly defeated same-sex marriage initiatives. The
>American people have said no to affirmative action and to abortion on
>demand.

Not really. A lot of people were not heard from. Yet

>The days of coddling hardened criminals are officially dead.
>Illegal immigrants will be dealt with and removed from our
>communities.

No problem with those.

>Common sense will once again reign on the United States
>Supreme Court.

Strange. I thought law was to govern there.

>What has been labeled for so long as the RRR( religious
>radical right) was in fact mainstream America.

No, the RRR is still a bunch of crazy kooks as dangerous as anyone
else with an airplane in their hands and an agenda from their god.

>The people have spoken
>and they have said "yes" to morals and decency.

Almost everybody who refers to "moral"
means "what I think that you should do".

Steven M Remove Wax And Invalid To Reply
2004-11-05 16:52:22 EST
Je Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:41:17 -0500, Attila <prochoice@here.now>
skribis:

>Nor I. But don't forget the millions who did not vote - this time.

conservative voters who perservere. I'm not sure what you mean, but
he hoped-for massive turnout by young voters and minorities who would
support the Democrats just didn't happen.

Participation was the highest since when, 1968? I really doubt
whether all those people will show up again in 2008. And if they do,
I predict that the Republicans get the nod again.

>The next election may be interesting, but frankly I doubt even a small
>percentage of what is hysterically being thrown around will ever
>happen.
>
>And of course, all the representatives and 1/3 of the senators must
>run again in two years.

In another group somebody pointed out that if the terrible things
happen that it would be reflected in the mid-term elections. But GWB
actually picked up seats at his mid-term, which almost never happens.
And even if he loses some popularity, most congressional districts
have been designed to be "safe" for one party or the other. Even if a
Congresscritter is unpopular, voters usually pick the devil they know
instead of the devil they don't. About the only way an incumbent
leaves involuntarily is when he screws up big time, such as Gary
Condit (who was replaced by a Democrat, no party shift).

--
Steve M - unspam@hal-pcwax.org.invalid (remove wax and invalid to reply)

NyQuil -The stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room-spinning medicine.

Christopher Benson-Manica
2004-11-05 17:06:48 EST
In talk.abortion Attila <prochoice@here.now> wrote:

> Nor I. But don't forget the millions who did not vote - this time.

It can't possibly get better - we're talking minorities who will only
vote for Democrats if they use subterfuge to conceal their opposition
to the fundamentalist agenda. Blacks are very religious, and have
shown that they are willing to vote for Republicans over issues like
abortion and gay marriage that group themselves around religion. It's
looking very grim for the rest of us.

> The next election may be interesting, but frankly I doubt even a small
> percentage of what is hysterically being thrown around will ever
> happen.

I'd be glad if it didn't.

Christopher Benson-Manica
2004-11-05 17:09:52 EST
In talk.abortion "Steven M (remove wax and invalid to reply)" <unspam@hal-pcwax.org.invalid> wrote:

> Participation was the highest since when, 1968? I really doubt
> whether all those people will show up again in 2008. And if they do,
> I predict that the Republicans get the nod again.

It won't matter - the Supreme Court will be stacked with religious
conservatives by then, and no one will be able to do anything about
it.

Johnny
2004-11-05 17:10:09 EST

"J Young" <youngopinions@aol.com> wrote in message
> The people have spoken and the biggest winners on Election Day were
> decency and virtue. The American public has embraced the social agenda
> put forth by President Bush. These include a crushing blow in eleven
> states that overwhelmingly defeated same-sex marriage initiatives. The
> American people have said no to affirmative action and to abortion on
> demand. The days of coddling hardened criminals are officially dead.
> Illegal immigrants will be dealt with and removed from our
> communities.Common sense will once again reign on the United States
> Supreme Court. What has been labeled for so long as the RRR( religious
> radical right) was in fact mainstream America. The people have spoken
> and they have said "yes" to morals and decency.

I like the part you put in there about mainstream America and the RRR.
Good that those who want to label mainstream America as some sort of RRR
cult are being repudiated.
Mainstream America is has more integrity than to let such radical innuendo
defeat them.

Dore
2004-11-05 17:13:42 EST
The elections are fixed, the people didn't say anything except how blind and
uninformed they are.

--
Dore

www.dorewilliamson.com