Bible Discussion: Satanist Sailor!

Satanist Sailor!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

Martus
2004-10-24 21:10:11 EST
Horror at Navy's Acceptance of Satanist Sailor

By Rachel Williams, PA News

The Royal Navy's decision to officially recognise a non-commissioned
officer as a Satanist – allowing him to practise rituals on board ship
– was condemned today as "utterly shocking".

Tory former minister Ann Widdecombe said there should be "no question
whatsoever" of allowing naval technician Chris Cranmer to engage in
Satanic worship practices at sea.

Ldg Hand Cranmer has become the first registered Satanist in the
British Armed Forces after the captain of HMS Cumberland agreed to
recognise his beliefs.

"I am utterly shocked by this," Miss Widdecombe said.

"Satanism is wrong. Obviously the private beliefs of individuals
anywhere including the Armed Forces are their own affair but I hope it
doesn't spread.

"There should be no question whatsoever of allowing Satanist rituals
on board any ship in Her Majesty's Royal Navy.

"What they believe and do in their own home is one thing, what they do
at work is the business of their employer.

"The Navy should not permit Satanist practices on board its ships.

"God himself gives free will, but I would like to think that if
somebody applied to the Navy and said they were a Satanist today it
would raise its eyebrows somewhat."

Ldg Hand Cranmer, 24, is from Edinburgh and has been in the Navy for
four years, according to the Sunday Telegraph.

He was promoted to leading hand – the naval equivalent of corporal –
in July last year.

He is now reportedly lobbying the Ministry of Defence to make Satanism
a registered religion in the Armed Forces, although an MoD spokesman
said it was not aware of any approach about the issue.

Ldg Hand Cranmer told the paper he realised he was a Satanist nine
years ago when he "stumbled across" a copy of the Satanic Bible –
written by Church of Satan founder Anton Szandor LaVey.

"I then read more and more and came to realise I'd always been a
Satanist, just simply never knew," he said.

A spokesman for the Royal Navy said: "We are an equal opportunities
employer and we don't stop anybody from having their own religious
values."

He added: "Our policy is that, wherever practical, reasonable requests
for time and facilities that do not impact on operational
effectiveness or the welfare of other personnel, are met."

The Church of Satan was established in San Francisco in 1966 and LaVey
was its high priest until his death in 1997.

Followers live by the Nine Satanic Statements, which include "Satan
represents indulgence instead of abstinence; Satan represents
vengeance instead of turning the other cheek, and Satan represents all
of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or
emotional gratification."

Satanism will reduce a person to the worst that they can be, devoid of
any Godly quality, to a state of utter foulness. They use their bodily
fluids in the casting of spells and practice all sorts of filth in
their rituals. I have come across a clip that showed one such ritual
where a glassy eyed woman eats her own vomit.

WITCHES AND THEIR LIKE

Cackle now, cry later in despair for their is no salvation in Hell.

THOSE WHO PRACTISE WITCHCRAFT ANGER GOD

2 Chronicles 33:5-7 (NRSV)
5 He built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the
house of the Lord . 6 He made his son pass through fire in the valley
of the son of Hinnom, practiced soothsaying and augury and sorcery,
and dealt with mediums and with wizards. He did much evil in the sight
of the Lord , provoking him to anger.

WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD

Galatians 5:19
19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery,
fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft,
hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelling, and such like: of the
which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that
they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
The King James Version, (Cambridge: Cambridge) 1769.

GET THEIR POWER FROM THE DEMONS

Acts 16:16
16 One day as we were going down to the place of prayer, we met a
demon-possessed slave girl. She was a fortune-teller who earned a lot
of money for her masters. 17 She followed along behind us shouting,
These
men are servants of the Most High God, and they have come to tell you
how
to be saved.18 This went on day after day until Paul got so
exasperated that
he turned and spoke to the demon within her. I command you in the
name of
Jesus Christ to come out of her, he said. And instantly it left
her.19 Her masters hopes of wealth were now shattered, so they grabbed
Paul and Silas and
dragged them before the authorities at the marketplace

ARE THE DEVIL'S PERVERTING CHILDREN

Acts 13:6
8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for that is what his name means) opposed
them and tried to turn the proconsul from the faith. 9 Then Saul, who
was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked straight at
Elymas and said, 10 ;You are a child of the devil and an enemy
of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and
trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?

GOD OR THE DEVIL: NO MIDDLE GROUND, YOUR CHOICE!!

1 Corinthians 10:
20But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they
sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should
have fellowship with devils. 21Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord,
and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's
table, and of the table of devils. 22Do we provoke the Lord to
jealousy? are we stronger than he?

ULTIMATE FATE OF THOSE THAT PRACTICE
WITCHCRAFT/OCCULT-
LAKE OF FIRE

Revelation 21
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the
sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all
liars-their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulphur. This
is
the second death."

Matthew 25
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me,
ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his
angels:

End
times:
http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/

ps Halloween is nothing more then a recruitment drive for children to
get them interest in the black arts(just like so many children's
programs that show the occult), keep them at home and pray for the
naive.

RetroProphet
2004-10-24 21:42:49 EST

>Horror at Navy's Acceptance of Satanist Sailor
>
>By Rachel Williams, PA News
>
>The Royal Navy's decision to officially recognise a non-commissioned
>officer as a Satanist \ufffd allowing him to practise rituals on board ship
>\ufffd was condemned today as "utterly shocking".
>
><snip>
>

>Followers live by the Nine Satanic Statements, which include "Satan
>represents indulgence instead of abstinence; Satan represents
>vengeance instead of turning the other cheek, and Satan represents all
>of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or
>emotional gratification."

Every sailor I've ever known followed this philosophy
and none of them were Satanists!

>ps Halloween is nothing more then a recruitment drive for children to
>get them interest in the black arts (just like so many children's
>programs that show the occult), keep them at home and pray for the
>naive.

How do you explain that the massive and whole-hearted popularity of
Halloween over the course of 75 years or so has yielded such an
extremely limited number of occult followers? If it has been such
a dangerous phenomenon why has it yielded so few converts for all
its recruitment efforts?

PS I think I will go trick or treating this year in my
Satanic Sailor costume. Thanks for the tip!

Barnacle Bill
2004-10-24 23:59:22 EST
In article <clhlmp02v5j@drn.newsguy.com>, RetroProphet wrote:

>>Horror at Navy's Acceptance of Satanist Sailor
> Every sailor I've ever known followed this philosophy
> and none of them were Satanists!

Sez Barnacle Bill the sailor!

Ol' Bill

Martus
2004-10-26 03:11:06 EST
RetroProphet <RetroProphet_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<clhlmp02v5j@drn.newsguy.com>...
> >Horror at Navy's Acceptance of Satanist Sailor
> >
> >By Rachel Williams, PA News
> >
> >The Royal Navy's decision to officially recognise a non-commissioned
> >officer as a Satanist ? allowing him to practise rituals on board ship
> >? was condemned today as "utterly shocking".
> >
> ><snip>
> >

> >Followers live by the Nine Satanic Statements, which include "Satan
> >represents indulgence instead of abstinence; Satan represents
> >vengeance instead of turning the other cheek, and Satan represents all
> >of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or
> >emotional gratification."
>

> Every sailor I've ever known followed this philosophy
> and none of them were Satanists!
>

> >ps Halloween is nothing more then a recruitment drive for children to
> >get them interest in the black arts (just like so many children's
> >programs that show the occult), keep them at home and pray for the
> >naive.
>

> How do you explain that the massive and whole-hearted popularity of
> Halloween over the course of 75 years or so has yielded such an
> extremely limited number of occult followers? If it has been such
> a dangerous phenomenon why has it yielded so few converts for all
> its recruitment efforts?
>
> PS I think I will go trick or treating this year in my
> Satanic Sailor costume. Thanks for the tip!

ESTIMATES OF VARYING QUALITY OF THE NUMBER OF WICCANS IN THE U.S.

Some estimates:

For what it is worth, we have collected the following guesses. It is
amazing to read how confidentially some of these authors quote their
numbers as if they were accurate.

1972: John Godwin estimated in "Occult America" that "there were at
least 20,000 organized members in this country."

1980: J. Gordon Melton of the Institute for the Study of American
Religion estimated 30,000 to 40,000 adherents to some form of Craft
doctrine. The estimate was based on data collected at the 1979 Pan
Pagan Festival. 1

1982: William Petersen, author of "Those Curious New Cults in the
80s," quotes Nat Feedland, author of "The Occult Explosion." Feedland
wrote: "From the visible manifestations of the witchcraft scene it's
doubtful if there are more than 6 or 7 thousand really active
practicing witches around today--3,000 in England... perhaps 2,000 in
North America..."

1986: Margot Adler, author of the book "Drawing Down the Moon"
estimated that there were about 50,000 to 100,0000 active, self
identified Pagans in the U.S. Of these, most would probably consider
themselves Wiccans.

1988: "Morwyn" estimated 75,000 members. She based this on her
experience as a previous owner of a mail-order metaphysical supplies
business. 2

1990: The US Army published a book for the guidance of its chaplains
when dealing with a soldier of a non-traditional faith: "Religious
Requirements and Practices of Certain Selected Groups: A Handbook for
Chaplains." 3 In the 1990 edition, the author comments: "MEMBERSHIP:
Because of the complete autonomy of covens, this cannot be determined.
There are an estimated 50,000 Wiccans in the United States."

1990: The Graduate School of the City University of New York
conducted a telephone survey of 113,000 people. They apparently found
fewer than 10 people willing to admit that they were Wiccans. This
projects to perhaps 8,000 Wiccans nation-wide. [One wonders what
percentage of Wiccans would admit their religious affiliation to a
stranger over the phone; it would undoubtedly be quite low.]

1990: Craig S. Hawkins wrote in an article for the Christian Research
Journal mentioning values between 5,000 to 50,000 Witches. He
concluded that "the witchcraft community will become an increasingly
significant minority -- a sobering possibility the church cannot
afford to ignore." 4

1991: The Canadian census recorded 5,530 Neopagans 5 which would
probably imply about 55,000 Neopagans in the U.S. and perhaps 30,000
American Wiccans. But this is certainly a fraction of the true number,
because few Neopagans would reveal their religion to a census
enumerator, who is typically a stranger from their own community. The
risk would be too great.

1992: Eric Raymond author of "Frequently Asked Questions about
Neopaganism" commented: "Depending on who you talk to and what
definitions you use, there are between 40,000 and 200,000 neopagans in
the U.S.; the true figure is probably closer to the latter than the
former, and the movement is still growing rapidly following a major
'population explosion' in the late 1970s." 6

1993: Jan Phillips wrote an article about Wicca in Ms magazine. She
estimated that 200,000 people in the U.S. are Wiccans. 7

1996: Vernieda Vergara, a University of Virginia undergraduate 8
quoted author James Lewis as estimating between 300 and 30,000 covens
existed in the U.S. 9 Assuming that each coven averages 6 members, and
that half of all practicing Wiccans are solitary practitioners, this
would imply 3,600 to 360,000 members in the U.S.

1998: Countdown to Armageddon, a conservative Christian group
preaching about the end of the world, claims that there are 200,000
practicing Witches in the U.S. Unfortunately, they do not seem to
differentiate among Wiccans, other Neopagans, Witches and Satanists.
10

1998: The Covenant of the Goddess' web site states that:
"Conservative reckonings estimate 200,000 Witches and/or Neo-Pagans in
the US alone. There could be many more, who are simply more private
about their religion, for the very real fear of persecution. Witches
are still working hard for our First Amendment rights." 11

1999: The 700 Club, on the Christian Broadcasting Network, broadcast
a series of programs titled "America's Moral Crisis." Included were:
The Moral State of the Union, Materialism & Greed, Substance Abuse and
Crime, Growing up Godless, and False Religion. Under the last topic,
they discuss Witchcraft (i.e. Wicca) and Satanism - two religions that
they present as equivalent. They also include unrelated religions and
pastimes, such as New Age, materialism, the Occult, Astrology and
devil worship. A graphic on their web page showed a Los Angeles Time
newspaper with the heading "Today: 70,000 Witches in America." Under
"Symptoms" they estimate that there are 3,000,000 "avowed witches" in
the U.S. 12

1999: Loren Wilkinson wrote an article on Neopaganism for
Christianity Today, the leading Evangelical Christian periodical. He
is a professor of interdisciplinary studies and philosophy at Regent
College, a conservative Christian college in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
The essay is adapted from a forthcoming book, Circles and the Cross.
He states that "Supporters claim it is the fastest-growing religion in
the United States, with nearly half a million adherents." He does not
cite a source for this statement. 13

1999: A marketing executive from Barnes and Noble, the "World's
Largest Bookseller Online," estimates a U.S. "Pagan Buying Audience"
of 10 million. This number would not include those who scan the
Internet or frequent the public library as their main sources of
information. Of course, this number is only an estimate of the number
of people who buy Pagan books -- not the number of actual Pagans. B&N
allocates more space to Pagan books than the audience would indicate,
because "Pagan book buyers" tend to buy more books per capita than
those of all other faith groups. 14

1999: Catherine Edwards, writing in Insight online magazine quotes --
misquotes Phyllis Curott as estimating that there are 3 to 5 million
Wiccans in the U.S.. 15 Edwards also quotes Helen Berger and Craig
Hawkins' book "Witchcraft" which estimates 150,000 to 200,000. 16

1999: The Witches' Voice is one of the largest and most professional
Wiccan web sites. In their press kit, they comment on the numbers of
Witches, Wiccans and pagans: "No one knows for sure but we do know
that the number is increasing rapidly. Our best estimate here at The
Witches' Voice is about 1 million in the U.S. and 3 million
worldwide." 17

1999: This website conducted a poll of its visitors in late 1999. We
were amazed to find that 13% of those answering our poll identified
themselves as "Wiccan or other Neopagan." If this were a true sampling
of the North American population, then the result would imply that
about 40 million Neopagans lived in the U.S. and Canada! The poll is
quite unreliable for a number of reasons:
Wiccans are probably more actively involved on the Internet than
followers of other religions. After all, many Wiccans engage in
positive magical activities. Surfing the Internet involves, at a
fundamental level, the rearrangement of electrical charges on pieces
of silicon; what could be more magical that that?

Because of the extremely high level of persecution and oppression of
Wiccans, they are probably much more likely than most North Americans
to visit our web site, which is devoted to the promotion of religious
tolerance.
Being a member of a religious minority, they would probably be more
likely to take part in a religious poll.

Only about 88% of our site visitors live in the U.S. and Canada.
results.

2000: "Guy Vestal, [is] CEO of Pagan Internet Industries Inc. His
study of 'pagan demographics' indicates there are roughly 3 million
Pagan Internet users. And he suspects the actual total is much
higher." 18

2000: The Covenant of the Goddess conducted a year-long poll of
Witches and Pagans, starting 1999-JUL. They estimate that the total
number of Witches and Pagans in the United States is about 768,400.
Most of the demographic data is as expected:
There is an atypical age distribution when compared to other
religions:
11% are 17 or under
25% are 18 to 25
40% are 26 to 39
23% are 40 to 59
1% are 60 or over.
86% are registered to vote. This compares with about 50% among
American adults generally. This puts their effective size as a voting
block at about 1.3 million, approximately half that of Jews and of
Muslims in America. Politicians will have to begin to take notice.
71% are female; 29% male.
13% have military service records. 19

2001: The Graduate Center of the City University of New York,
conducted a massive survey of over 50,000 American adults between
2001-FEB and APR. It is called the "American Religious Identification
Survey." 20 They reported the following weighted estimates:
Wiccans: 134,000 (A rise from 8,000 in 1990!)
Pagans: 140,000
Druids: 33,000

These estimates probably represent only a fraction of the actual
number of Wiccans in the U.S. Many Neopagans are quite reluctant to
admit their faith to a stranger over the telephone.
2001: On MAY-13, Stats Canada reported on the religious
identification of Canadians, as determined by the 2001 census. Unlike
the U.S., the government of Canada asks religious questions during
their census data collection. They found that Wiccans and other
Neopagans showed the greatest percentage growth of any religion in the
country. They totaled 21,080 members in 2001, an increase of 281% from
1991. If we assume that Canada and the U.S. have similar cultures and
thus have a similar percentage of Wiccans, then there would be on the
order of 197,429 Wiccans among the estimated 277.60 million Americans,
compared to the 29.64 million Canadians. 21

By comparison, some of the larger faith groups in the U.S. are:
Roman Catholics at 62 million members.
Southern Baptists at 15.8 million
Assemblies of God with 2.5 million. 23

1. J.G. Melton, "Neo-Paganism: Report on the survey of an
alternative religion," The Institute for the Study of American
Religion, 1980.
2. Morwyn, "Secrets of a Witch's Coven," Whitford Press, (1988),
Page 33.
3. Jason Frenkel, "Witches win converts," Herald Sun, 2002-JUL-1,
at: http://heraldsun.news.com.au/
4. C.S. Hawkins, "The Modern World of Witchcraft," Christian
Research Journal, 1990-Winter/Spring, Page 8.
5. "Religion (95A), Age Groups (7A) and Sex (3) for Population, for
Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas 1 and Census
Agglomerations, 1991 and 2001 Censuses - 20% Sample Data," Statistics
Canada, at: http://www12.statcan.ca/ This list also gives membership
breakdowns by age groups.
6. Eric Raymond, "Frequently Asked Questions about Neopaganism,"
at: http://people.delphi.com/
7. Jan Phillips, "The Craft of the Wise," Ms magazine, 1993-JAN/FEB
8. Vernieda Vergara, "Wicca," Sociology 257 class, University of
Virginia, at: http://cti.itc.virginia.edu/
9. J.R. Lewis, "Magical Religion and Modern Witchcraft," State
University of New York Press, (1996)
10. "Countdown to Armageddon," The Family, at: http://countdown.org/
11. "Welcome members of the press," The Witches' Voice at:
http://www.witchvox.com/press.html
12. "America's Moral Crisis," Christian Broadcasting Network,
http://www.cbn.org/special/moralcrisis/day5.asp (This link is no
longer active.)
13. Loren Wilkinson, "The bewitching charms of Neopaganism,"
Christianity Today, 1999-NOV-15, Vol 43, #13, Page 54. Online at:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/
14. Posting to a Wiccan mailing list which included a personal
interview of a B&N executive.
15. Phyllis Curott, "Book of Shadows: A modern woman's journey into
the wisdom of Witchcraft and the magic of the Goddess," Broadway
Books, (1999) Read reviews or order this book safely from Amazon.com
online book store Amazon.com's sales rank for this book was 2,356 on
1999-OCT-26. Not bad, considering that Amazon lists over 1 million
books.
16. Helen Berger and Craig Hawkins, "Witchcraft: Exploring the world
of Wicca," University of South Carolina Press, (1999) Read some very
positive reviews/order this book
17. The Witches' Voice web site is at: http://www.witchvox.com/
18. Michelle Finley, "Web Pagans make love and warlock," Lycos
Network, at: http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,35931,00.html
19. "Witches Count!," press release, Covenant of the Goddess, at:
http://www.cog.org/cogpoll_final.html
20. "American Religious Identification Survey," by The Graduate
Center of the City University of New York, at:
http://www.gc.cuny.edu/studies/
21. "Religion (95A), Age Groups (7A) and Sex (3) for Population, for
Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas 1 and Census
Agglomerations, 1991 and 2001 Censuses - 20% Sample Data," Statistics
Canada, at: http://www12.statcan.ca/ This list also gives membership
breakdowns by age groups.
22. "Assemblies of God sees largest membership rise,"
CharismaNews.com at: at: http://www.mcjonline.com/news/01a/

ps These number ARE increasing who have turned their backs to God and
do not take into account christians that are dabbling in the occult
through astrology, fortune tellers etc.

1 Corinthians 10:20-22 (NIV)
20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God,
and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot
drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a
part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons. 22 Are we
trying to arouse the Lord's jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

End times:

http://mart1963.tripod.com/

Martus
2004-10-26 03:43:45 EST
Monday, October 25, 2004

God doesn't use money, power to define success

By BILLY GRAHAM
SYNDICATED COLUMNIST

DEAR DR. GRAHAM: Why does God seem to bless some people even when they
don't have anything to do with Him? Some of the most prosperous people
I know aren't religious, but that hasn't kept them from being very
successful. -- K.F.

DEAR K.F.: Have you ever asked yourself what success is in the eyes of
God? We often say a person is successful if they have wealth or power
-- and that is understandable. But God doesn't define success the way
we do, and His definition is different from ours.

Success in God's eyes has to do with our character and with our
faithfulness to what God wants us to do. Jesus wasn't successful in a
material sense, nor was He socially or politically powerful -- not at
all. And yet in God's eyes He was absolutely successful, because "He
was faithful to the one who appointed him" (Hebrews 3:2). God sent Him
into the world to save us from our sins by His death on the cross, and
He was successful because He did exactly what God sent Him to do.

You see, a person may be very successful in the eyes of the world and
yet be a failure in God's eyes. This is why material success isn't
necessarily a sign of God's blessing. Yes, sometimes it is; God does
call some people to positions of wealth or influence. But often it is
only a sign of a person's selfish determination or even greed.

What is your goal in life? Is it to achieve success in the eyes of
others -- or is it to please God? Some day this life will be over,
which is why Jesus said, "Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven"
(Matthew 6:20). Begin this today by putting Christ first in your life.

Putting Christ first in YOUR life are the key words, no one gets more
closer to God by comparing themselves, in their own distorted views,
to someone else like the world does eg an occult leaders leads her
group to hell and in her defence says that hell is only for the
murders not me, who in reality eternally destroyed her followers by
her teaching.

Attack and prevent, if possible otherwise oppose, wicked acts because
people can change and if they don't then God will deal with them!

Luke 6:41-42 (NIV)
41 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and
pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to
your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when
you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite,
first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to
remove the speck from your brother's eye.

[1]
[1] The Holy Bible : New International Version. 1996, c1984.
Zondervan: Grand Rapids

> End
> times:
> http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/

BringerOfLight
2004-10-26 11:37:49 EST
m*9@hotmail.com (martus) wrote in message news:<511a49a.0410241710.2b7179e5@posting.google.com>...
> [...]
> for time and facilities that do not impact on operational
> effectiveness or the welfare of other personnel, are met."
>
> The Church of Satan was established in San Francisco in 1966 and LaVey
> was its high priest until his death in 1997.
>
> Followers live by the Nine Satanic Statements, which include "Satan
> represents indulgence instead of abstinence; Satan represents
> vengeance instead of turning the other cheek, and Satan represents all
> of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or
> emotional gratification."
>
> Satanism will reduce a person to the worst that they can be, devoid of
> any Godly quality, to a state of utter foulness. They use their bodily
> fluids in the casting of spells and practice all sorts of filth in
> their rituals. I have come across a clip that showed one such ritual
> where a glassy eyed woman eats her own vomit.

Oh, and pray tell how did you find this clip Martus? Actually looking
for it where we? Perhaps you'd like to back this up by giving us the
source of your claim.

> [...]
> LAKE OF FIRE
>
> Revelation 21
> 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the
> sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all
> liars-their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulphur. This
> is
> the second death."
>
> Matthew 25
> 41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me,
> ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his
> angels:
>

> End
> times:
> http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/
>
> ps Halloween is nothing more then a recruitment drive for children to
> get them interest in the black arts(just like so many children's
> programs that show the occult), keep them at home and pray for the

Why? So you fundies can utilise their innocence to drive into them
your drivel about the "sandal wearer" and your so-called compassionate
"God"? This "God" who has the cheek to demand his followers do it his
way or the highway, kills the first-born of Egypt and then has the
brass neck to state through his messianic son "Suffer the little
children to come unto me"? You must be fucking joking. The mount of
contemptous nonsense you people utilise to scare children into
believing your obnoxious bullshit quite frankly is tantamount to
mental and emotional child abuse!

Oh and as for the above article if they allow christians, jews etc to
serve in the Navy why the hell shouldn't he be allowed to? Freedom of
religious choice means nothing to people like you when it doesn't
involve your own brand of religion does it?

The self-righteous, pious vomitings from people never fail to amuse
me. You cannot even smell the shit you people spread around.

Martus
2004-10-26 22:38:18 EST
> God doesn't use money, power to define success
>
> By BILLY GRAHAM
> SYNDICATED COLUMNIST
>
> DEAR DR. GRAHAM: Why does God seem to bless some people even when they
> don't have anything to do with Him? Some of the most prosperous people
> I know aren't religious, but that hasn't kept them from being very
> successful. -- K.F.
>
> DEAR K.F.: Have you ever asked yourself what success is in the eyes of
> God? We often say a person is successful if they have wealth or power
> -- and that is understandable. But God doesn't define success the way
> we do, and His definition is different from ours.
>
> Success in God's eyes has to do with our character and with our
> faithfulness to what God wants us to do. Jesus wasn't successful in a
> material sense, nor was He socially or politically powerful -- not at
> all. And yet in God's eyes He was absolutely successful, because "He
> was faithful to the one who appointed him" (Hebrews 3:2). God sent Him
> into the world to save us from our sins by His death on the cross, and
> He was successful because He did exactly what God sent Him to do.
>
> You see, a person may be very successful in the eyes of the world and
> yet be a failure in God's eyes. This is why material success isn't
> necessarily a sign of God's blessing. Yes, sometimes it is; God does
> call some people to positions of wealth or influence. But often it is
> only a sign of a person's selfish determination or even greed.
>
> What is your goal in life? Is it to achieve success in the eyes of
> others -- or is it to please God? Some day this life will be over,
> which is why Jesus said, "Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven"
> (Matthew 6:20). Begin this today by putting Christ first in your life.

> Putting Christ first in YOUR life are the key words, no one gets more
> closer to God by comparing themselves, in their own distorted views,
> to someone else like the world does eg an occult leaders leads her
> group to hell and in her defence says that hell is only for the
> murders not me, who in reality eternally destroyed her followers by
> her teaching.
>
> Attack and prevent, if possible otherwise oppose, wicked acts because
> people can change and if they don't then God will deal with them!
>
> Luke 6:41-42 (NIV)
> 41 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and
> pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to
> your brother, ?Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when
> you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite,
> first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to
> remove the speck from your brother's eye.
>
> [1]
> [1] The Holy Bible : New International Version. 1996, c1984.
> Zondervan: Grand Rapids

Luke 18:9-14 (NIV)
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked
down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10 "Two men went up
to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11 The Pharisee stood up and prayed about a himself: ‘God, I thank you
that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even
like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of
all I get.'

13 "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look
up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a
sinner.'

14 "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home
justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled,
and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

> > End
> > times:
> > http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/

Martus
2004-10-26 22:44:10 EST
RetroProphet <RetroProphet_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<clhlmp02v5j@drn.newsguy.com>...
> >Horror at Navy's Acceptance of Satanist Sailor
> >
> >By Rachel Williams, PA News
> >
> >The Royal Navy's decision to officially recognise a non-commissioned
> >officer as a Satanist ? allowing him to practise rituals on board ship
> >? was condemned today as "utterly shocking".
> >
> ><snip>
> >

> >Followers live by the Nine Satanic Statements, which include "Satan
> >represents indulgence instead of abstinence; Satan represents
> >vengeance instead of turning the other cheek, and Satan represents all
> >of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or
> >emotional gratification."
>

> Every sailor I've ever known followed this philosophy
> and none of them were Satanists!
>

> >ps Halloween is nothing more then a recruitment drive for children to
> >get them interest in the black arts (just like so many children's
> >programs that show the occult), keep them at home and pray for the
> >naive.
>

> How do you explain that the massive and whole-hearted popularity of
> Halloween over the course of 75 years or so has yielded such an
> extremely limited number of occult followers? If it has been such
> a dangerous phenomenon why has it yielded so few converts for all
> its recruitment efforts?

A Louisiana newspaper recently carried the letter from a woman who
described something called the "House of Shock." It was not just scary
fun, she alleged.

"My 12-year-old son asked if he could go last weekend with a group of
friends," said this woman. "I liked haunted houses when I was a kid
and my children like to go to them. But the House of Shock was
different. Many of the people that were there were gothic and I sensed
that they weren't just dressed for the occasion. So I didn't allow my
son to go under loud protests that 'everybody was going!' After
talking with some friends about it I knew I had made the right
decision. First of all, everybody was not going. Many parents in the
area will not allow their children to go there -- and for good reason.
A friend who knows the owners said that they are in fact devil
worshippers and have an altar to Satan in their house. I talked with
one 13-year-old girl that did go last weekend and she said that in
order to get in to the 'haunted house' they stamped 666 on her hand.
Then she watched a skit where the cross is held upside down (a mark
of Satan) and thrown into the fire (a huge insult to Jesus Christ).
Upon entering the 'haunted house' she was forced to kneel before the
altar and 'pray to our god'! The bottom line is that these people are
for real. I thought parents in the area should know this before they
let their kids go there."

Oh, how far we have come from bobbing for apples!

Martus
2004-10-26 22:58:57 EST
Exodus 9:18-19 (NIV)
18 Therefore, at this time tomorrow I will send the worst hailstorm
that has ever fallen on Egypt, from the day it was founded till now.
19 Give an order now to bring your livestock and everything you have
in the field to a place of shelter, because the hail will fall on
every man and animal that has not been brought in and is still out in
the field, and they will die.'"

By JUSTIN VALLEJO

October 26, 2004

JAGGED hailstones larger than cricket balls, flash flooding, and
lightning strikes wreaked havoc in the second major storm to hit NSW
within days.

It battered Sydney's north and west, the Hunter Valley, the Central
Coast and the Oxley region, leaving the State Emergency Service with
almost 500 calls for help.

SES spokeswoman Laura Goodin said the Hunter Valley bore the full
force of the storm.

She said Muswellbrook suffered the worst hail, Taree the flash
flooding, western Sydney the lightning strikes, and northern Sydney
and the Central Coast the heavy rain.

While no one was seriously injured, there were reports of the fierce
hail in Muswellbrook killing a family's pet dog and inflicting minor
injuries to residents trying to protect their cars.

The storm struck about 5.30pm on Sunday.

It came only five days after Bellingen and Coffs Harbour, on the
state's Mid-North Coast, were declared natural disaster zones.

Torrential rain and strong winds lashed the two towns last Wednesday,
causing homes and businesses to evacuate and families to be cut off by
floodwaters. Muswellbrook resident Michelle Sandell-Hay said yesterday
her family ran for cover as they watched mesmerised at the unusual icy
shuttlecocks.

"It was unbelievable. The hail lasted only 10 minutes but it was just
so loud and scary, we were ducking for cover as it hit the ceiling . .
. bang, bang, bang," Mrs Sandell-Hay said.

"We've lived here all our lives and have never seen anything like
this, they [the hailstones] started out the size of golf balls but
just kept getting bigger."

A Bureau of Meteorology spokesman said the large hail was the result
of several hail stones fusing together while caught high up in the
thunderstorm.

Powerful updrafts lift the hail to the top of the thunderstorm before
they fall and rise again.

The pattern can be repeated several times, making the hail bigger and
bigger before it finally falls.

Revelation 16:17-21 (NIV)

17 The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the
temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, "It is done!" 18
Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and
a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since man
has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake. 19 The great city
split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God
remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine
of the fury of his wrath. 20 Every island fled away and the mountains
could not be found. 21 From the sky huge hailstones of about a hundred
pounds(50 kilo's) each fell upon men. And they cursed God on account
of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible.

[1]
[1] The Holy Bible : New International Version. 1996, c1984.
Zondervan: Grand Rapids

> End
> times:
> http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/

Martus
2004-10-26 23:19:48 EST
Anti-Christ Wannabe, Occult 'Masters' Endorse John Kerry for President

HOLLYWOOD, October 25, 2004 (LifeSiteNews.com) - John Kerry can now
add a New Age Messiah group to his list of endorsing groups that
include the racist, anti-people Planned Parenthood, the fraudulent
Catholics for a Free Choice and almost all of the liberal U.S. news
and entertainment establishments.

Benjamin Crème, one of the 'Esoteric' (occult) movement's most
renowned speakers has been traveling the globe for nearly 30 years
claiming to be the mouthpiece of the "Ascended Masters". Crème has
attracted attention not only from occult followers but also from wary
Christians as he has claimed to foretell the imminent appearance of
Maitreya - a being Crème hails as the Messiah.

Attention to Crème beyond devout New-Agers comes as a result of his
rhetoric on Maitreya which fits well with a Biblical depiction of the
Anti-Christ as one who comes in the name of Christ.