Bible Discussion: Thoughts On The Passing Of Christopher Reeve

Thoughts On The Passing Of Christopher Reeve

Gactimus
2004-10-11 10:50:43 EST
One day while jumping horses \ufffd a pastime reserved for the fabulously
wealthy and well-bred \ufffd Superman fell to earth. He was called "courageous"
and "heroic." His story was called a "triumph of the human spirit." All
for being a sub-par horseman.

Within moments he became the hand puppet of the God-complex Left, an
immediate celebrity pundit and indisputable genetic ethicist for
advocating the dissection of harvested human beings at taxpayers' expense.

Reeve's pitch yanked at the passions of false hope, politicizing a demonic
practice in the name of healing dreaded neurological diseases. And yet
this research can be done at roughly the same cost and far more ethically
on adult stem cells. And besides, the promised results of this research
are far more dubious than Reeve would have had us believe.

In life Christopher Reeve acted like he knew better than the rest of us.

Vocalize
2004-10-11 12:07:01 EST
On 10/11/04 7:50 AM, in article cke6k3$tet$1@news1.usf.edu, "Gactimus"
<*s@xrs.net> wrote:

> One day while jumping horses – a pastime reserved for the fabulously
> wealthy and well-bred – Superman fell to earth. He was called "courageous"
> and "heroic." His story was called a "triumph of the human spirit." All
> for being a sub-par horseman. . . .

> In life Christopher Reeve acted like he knew better than the rest of us.

While you are only smug, sorry and sad.

Nimue
2004-10-11 12:18:35 EST
Gactimus wrote:
> One day while jumping horses - a pastime reserved for the fabulously
> wealthy and well-bred - Superman fell to earth. He was called
> "courageous" and "heroic." His story was called a "triumph of the
> human spirit." All for being a sub-par horseman.

Um, no, you idiot. He wasn't called courageous and heroic for suffering
such a devastating injury -- he was rightly called courageous and heroic for
how he handled life after it.

snip

--
nimue

Raven1
2004-10-11 12:37:11 EST
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:50:43 +0000 (UTC), Gactimus <gactimus@xrs.net>
wrote:

<snip>

You're disgusting.

<plonk>

Echo2Drs
2004-10-11 13:29:54 EST
>One day while jumping horses – a pastime reserved for the fabulously
>wealthy and well-bred – Superman fell to earth. He was called "courageous"
>and "heroic." His story was called a "triumph of the human spirit." All
>for being a sub-par horseman.
>
>Within moments he became the hand puppet of the God-complex Left, an
>immediate celebrity pundit and indisputable genetic ethicist for
>advocating the dissection of harvested human beings at taxpayers' expense.
>
>Reeve's pitch yanked at the passions of false hope, politicizing a demonic
>practice in the name of healing dreaded neurological diseases. And yet
>this research can be done at roughly the same cost and far more ethically
>on adult stem cells. And besides, the promised results of this research
>are far more dubious than Reeve would have had us believe.
>
>In life Christopher Reeve acted like he knew better than the rest of us.

Shame on you!!!!

The Other Donald
2004-10-11 13:33:22 EST

"Gactimus" <gactimus@xrs.net> wrote in message
> One day while jumping horses - a pastime reserved for the fabulously
> wealthy and well-bred - Superman fell to earth. He was called "courageous"
> and "heroic." His story was called a "triumph of the human spirit." All
> for being a sub-par horseman.
>
> Within moments he became the hand puppet of the God-complex Left, an
> immediate celebrity pundit and indisputable genetic ethicist for
> advocating the dissection of harvested human beings at taxpayers' expense.

Obviously, you are more obsessed with a money shot in a porn movie rather

Your pathetic state

> Reeve's pitch yanked at the passions of false hope, politicizing a demonic
> practice in the name of healing dreaded neurological diseases.

Really? Choke on these "false hopes" you ignorant fuck:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/08/03/stemcell.research/index.html

...and....

growing new organs:
tiny url:
http://tinyurl.com/6gxvd

original:
http://www.theage.com.au/cgi-bin/common/printArticle.pl?path=/articles/2002/04/22/1019441222506.html

> And yet
> this research can be done at roughly the same cost and far more ethically
> on adult stem cells.

Spoken like someone who truly is a clueless fuck that continues to spout
bullshit regarding something he knows nothing about:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/res_stem.htm

> And besides, the promised results of this research
> are far more dubious than Reeve would have had us believe.

You must be attending the "Jerry Falwell-George Bush School of Sky Pixie
Medicine." Their campus is next door to the Falwell Law School where
students openly learn to ignore the separation of church and state.

> In life Christopher Reeve acted like he knew better than the rest of us.

Reeves was in the wheelchair, you aren't. Therefore, he knows better than
either of us what it is like to be there, and what it takes to get out. Your
bullshit is the equivalent of you telling a women that her pregnancy is not
*that* life altering and she should just gut-up and deal with it because you
say so.

If you believe that Reeves "acted like he knew better than the rest of us,"
it's because he fucking well did.

--
-Donald in Austin
AA #2104

The Other Donald
2004-10-11 13:35:35 EST

"Gactimus" <gactimus@xrs.net> wrote in message
> One day while jumping horses - a pastime reserved for the fabulously
> wealthy and well-bred - Superman fell to earth. He was called "courageous"
> and "heroic." His story was called a "triumph of the human spirit." All
> for being a sub-par horseman.

As opposed to the inbred morons like yourself that can't see outside your
own shallow world and take in the "big picture?"

> Within moments he became the hand puppet of the God-complex Left, an
> immediate celebrity pundit and indisputable genetic ethicist for
> advocating the dissection of harvested human beings at taxpayers' expense.

Obviously, you are more obsessed with a money shot in a porn movie rather
than the overall health of the people.

Your pathetic state of delusion is sickening.

> Reeve's pitch yanked at the passions of false hope, politicizing a demonic
> practice in the name of healing dreaded neurological diseases.

Really? Choke on these "false hopes" you ignorant fuck:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/08/03/stemcell.research/index.html

...and....

growing new organs:
tiny url:
http://tinyurl.com/6gxvd

original:
http://www.theage.com.au/cgi-bin/common/printArticle.pl?path=/articles/2002/04/22/1019441222506.html

> And yet
> this research can be done at roughly the same cost and far more ethically
> on adult stem cells.

Spoken like someone who truly is a clueless fuck that continues to spout
bullshit regarding something he knows nothing about:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/res_stem.htm

> And besides, the promised results of this research
> are far more dubious than Reeve would have had us believe.

You must be attending the "Jerry Falwell-George Bush School of Sky Pixie
Medicine." Their campus is next door to the Falwell Law School where
students openly learn to ignore the separation of church and state.

> In life Christopher Reeve acted like he knew better than the rest of us.

Reeves was in the wheelchair, you aren't. Therefore, he knows better than
either of us what it is like to be there, and what it takes to get out. Your
bullshit is the equivalent of you telling a women that her pregnancy is not
*that* life altering and she should just gut-up and deal with it because you
say so.

If you believe that Reeves "acted like he knew better than the rest of us,"
it's because he fucking well did.

--
-Donald in Austin
AA #2104
Apatriot #22
Atheist FF/EMT
....and ordained minister
Stork pin recipient: May 1, 2003 -Madelyn

Frank Wustner
2004-10-11 13:44:12 EST
raven1 <quoththeraven@nevermore.com> wrote:
> Gactimus <gactimus@xrs.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> You're disgusting.
>
> <plonk>

You said it, Raven. Could anyone prove themselves more of an asshole
than Gactimus just did?

--
Frank Wustner

Gactimus
2004-10-11 14:09:09 EST
"james g. keegan jr." <keegan@nycap.rr.com> wrote in

> Gactimus <gactimus@xrs.net> wrote in news:cke6k3$tet$1@news1.usf.edu:
>
> [...]
>
> he might still be alive had not the bush administration crippled stem
> cell research.

He didn't cripple it. Reeve died from a cardiac arrest. Not sure what that
has to do with stem cells.

Even the most optimistic researchers don't believe we are getting close
to repairing nerve trauma, stem cells or no stem cells.

Gactimus
2004-10-11 14:09:39 EST
"nimue" <cup_o_cakes@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Gactimus wrote:
>
>> One day while jumping horses - a pastime reserved for the fabulously
>> wealthy and well-bred - Superman fell to earth. He was called
>> "courageous" and "heroic." His story was called a "triumph of the
>> human spirit." All for being a sub-par horseman.
>
> Um, no, you idiot. He wasn't called courageous and heroic for suffering
> such a devastating injury -- he was rightly called courageous and heroic
> for how he handled life after it.

By bitching and complaining? Typical of someone who votes Democrat.