Bible Discussion: AGAIN SATAN TRIES TO QUIET US REAL APOSTLES

AGAIN SATAN TRIES TO QUIET US REAL APOSTLES

Apostle Thomas Batchelor
2004-09-01 08:54:07 EST
Hello; This is Apostle Thomas Batchelor. Let me help you.
1. Satan again tries to quiet us. Thanks be to God that Satan's time is
not long. Don't believe Satan.
2. A real apostle today, like in the beginning, is chosen by Almighty God.
The apostles at Jerusalem were surprised at Apostle Paul's appointment to
apostleship. They had had NOTHING to do with it.
3. God and the Lord Jesus, and Their angels actually train us apostles and
tell us what to do. We are working for them.
4. Some preachers call themselves apostles, BUT: they don't have the power
of an apostle like Paul,
and Peter, and John, and Barnabas; and they don't have the kind of testimony
we true apostles have.
I can't post just ANYTHING: I'm under commandment. I will tell you what
the Lord Jesus said to me. Satan doesn't like it. Satan wants people to
continue to think preachers who don't live holy, and have no power with God,
are real Christians. Follow Jesus.
Apostle Thomas Batchelor.

Libertarius
2004-09-01 16:36:58 EST
===>Go, see a psychiatrist.
You're sick.
Need urgent help. -- L.

Apostle Thomas Batchelor wrote:

> Hello; This is Apostle Thomas Batchelor. Let me help you.
> 1. Satan again tries to quiet us. Thanks be to God that Satan's time is
> not long. Don't believe Satan.
> 2. A real apostle today, like in the beginning, is chosen by Almighty God.
> The apostles at Jerusalem were surprised at Apostle Paul's appointment to
> apostleship. They had had NOTHING to do with it.
> 3. God and the Lord Jesus, and Their angels actually train us apostles and
> tell us what to do. We are working for them.
> 4. Some preachers call themselves apostles, BUT: they don't have the power
> of an apostle like Paul,
> and Peter, and John, and Barnabas; and they don't have the kind of testimony
> we true apostles have.
> I can't post just ANYTHING: I'm under commandment. I will tell you what
> the Lord Jesus said to me. Satan doesn't like it. Satan wants people to
> continue to think preachers who don't live holy, and have no power with God,
> are real Christians. Follow Jesus.
> Apostle Thomas Batchelor.

Gnos Theos
2004-09-02 02:48:39 EST
"Apostle Thomas Batchelor" <thomasbatchelor@juno.com> wrote in message news:<43c5a$4135c6b5$3fbac83a$4076@allthenewsgroups.com>...
> Hello; This is Apostle Thomas Batchelor. Let me help you.
> 1. Satan again tries to quiet us. Thanks be to God that Satan's time is
> not long. Don't believe Satan.
> 2. A real apostle today, like in the beginning, is chosen by Almighty God.
> The apostles at Jerusalem were surprised at Apostle Paul's appointment to
> apostleship. They had had NOTHING to do with it.
> 3. God and the Lord Jesus, and Their angels actually train us apostles and
> tell us what to do. We are working for them.
> 4. Some preachers call themselves apostles, BUT: they don't have the power
> of an apostle like Paul,
> and Peter, and John, and Barnabas; and they don't have the kind of testimony
> we true apostles have.
> I can't post just ANYTHING: I'm under commandment. I will tell you what
> the Lord Jesus said to me. Satan doesn't like it. Satan wants people to
> continue to think preachers who don't live holy, and have no power with God,
> are real Christians. Follow Jesus.
> Apostle Thomas Batchelor.

Is the Passion movie of God or Satan? I have been curious about this,
and wanted to hear from real missionary. By the way, what did the
Greek word apostle mean to an ordinary Greek speaker of the day at
the time of Paul?

Pastor Dave
2004-09-02 08:09:50 EST
While skydiving off of the Empire State Building on 1
Sep 2004 23:48:39 -0700, spam@gnostheos.org (Gnos
Theos) screamed out:

>Is the Passion movie of God or Satan?

I offer my opinion as a one who saw the movie.

Although produced by a Roman Catholic and although some
artistic license was taken with the story, I have to
say, I was powerfully moved by this film. It brought
out the emotion that one should feel over seeing this
event taking place. It gave me the ability to see how
those around Him must have felt. And most importantly,
it gave me the ability to look deeper into His agony.
It was quite realistic and painful to watch, although
if people do not see it, they will probably never
understand exactly what He went through. It's one
thing to read it and talk about it. It's another thing
to see it. I just got my copy a couple of days ago and
when I was home and picked up the DVD in my hand and
started thinking about it, tears started welling up in
my eyes and I had to put it down. I don't know if I'll
watch it again. In a way I want to and in a way I
don't. I guess I will if there are people who need to
see it, since I have it.

>By the way, what did the
>Greek word apostle mean to an ordinary Greek speaker of the day at
>the time of Paul?

It could mean "sent", or, "a delegate". Strong's also
lists "an ambassador for Christ", but since the word
probably existed before Christians, I don't think that
was the original meaning. :)

Pastor Dave Raymond

"Were they ashamed when they made an abomination?
They were not at all ashamed, nor did they know
to blush. So they shall fall among those who fall.
At the time I visit them, they shall be cast down,
says Jehovah." - Jeremiah 6:15

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of
the Spirit, which is the word of God:" - Ephesians 6:17

/
o{}xxxxx[]::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
\

The real problem with creationism is that
our governments don't have the will to
prosecute the offenders (there are more
troublesome criminals around for one thing)
and our churches have lost the will to combat
heresies. - Dave Oldridge

Terrell D Lewis
2004-09-02 11:27:54 EST
On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 08:09:50 -0400, Pastor Dave
<*8@nospam-yahoo.com> wrote:

>>By the way, what did the
>>Greek word apostle mean to an ordinary Greek speaker of the day at
>>the time of Paul?
>
>It could mean "sent", or, "a delegate". Strong's also
>lists "an ambassador for Christ", but since the word
>probably existed before Christians, I don't think that
>was the original meaning. :)

If I can remember correctly from my reading, the word was originally
used of ambassadors, usually of a ROman general to a particular city
under his pervue.

©¿©
Terrell
http://www.terrelldlewis.org

Gnos Theos
2004-09-11 01:30:14 EST
Terrell D Lewis <composer7NOSPAM@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<dseej0dlsfvnmcen295kimrguuot7drgvl@4ax.com>...
> On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 08:09:50 -0400, Pastor Dave
> <pastordave38@nospam-yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>By the way, what did the
> >>Greek word apostle mean to an ordinary Greek speaker of the day at
> >>the time of Paul?
> >
> >It could mean "sent", or, "a delegate". Strong's also
> >lists "an ambassador for Christ", but since the word
> >probably existed before Christians, I don't think that
> >was the original meaning. :)
>

> If I can remember correctly from my reading, the word was originally
> used of ambassadors, usually of a ROman general to a particular city
> under his pervue.

Thank you for your answers. I was trying to get the original poster
to consider the meaning of apostle, since he is taking the title. My
understanding is that it was a generic word for "one who is sent out".
It would probably be a close approximation to missionary, if my
understanding is correct. What bothers me is that people want titles
without understanding what they mean. For example deacon meant
"one who waits on tables". Yet people aspire to be a "deacon" when
really they want to be a nicolaitan. Anyone who calls themselves an
apostle is at least seeking one layer of obfuscation, which is
deceptive. They should just call themselves a missionary so that
everyone understands what they are talking about.

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0057%3Aentry%3D%2313873

I have become less, and less impressed with Strong's Concordance. I
do not agree with the definitions, simply by obvious usage in the
Bible, of some words. I find it helpful to look at "common"
dictionaries in most cases as well as just how it is used in the
Bible.

Here is an example of why you should not trust Strong's Concordance
blindly. In most cases Strong's is correct, but in a few important
cases, like this, it really blows it.

http://www.gnostheos.org/nephesh.html

> ©¿©
> Terrell
> http://www.terrelldlewis.org

Gnos Theos
2004-09-11 02:50:11 EST
Pastor Dave <pastordave38@nospam-yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<6r2ej01d3tc3lmbifac8bbi6f294lrkdhh@4ax.com>...
> While skydiving off of the Empire State Building on 1
> Sep 2004 23:48:39 -0700, spam@gnostheos.org (Gnos
> Theos) screamed out:
>

> >Is the Passion movie of God or Satan?
>
> I offer my opinion as a one who saw the movie.
>
> Although produced by a Roman Catholic and although some
> artistic license was taken with the story, I have to
> say, I was powerfully moved by this film. It brought
> out the emotion that one should feel over seeing this
> event taking place. It gave me the ability to see how
> those around Him must have felt. And most importantly,
> it gave me the ability to look deeper into His agony.
> It was quite realistic and painful to watch, although
> if people do not see it, they will probably never
> understand exactly what He went through. It's one
> thing to read it and talk about it. It's another thing
> to see it. I just got my copy a couple of days ago and
> when I was home and picked up the DVD in my hand and
> started thinking about it, tears started welling up in
> my eyes and I had to put it down. I don't know if I'll
> watch it again. In a way I want to and in a way I
> don't. I guess I will if there are people who need to
> see it, since I have it.

If Paul were alive today, here is what I think he would say.

Philippians 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way,
whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and
I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

I am glad that people are thinking about, and talking
about the crucifixion of Jesus. Yet I have deep reservation
that it is idolatry in that it is literally an "image"
that is supposed to represent Jesus. I am afraid that when
people pray they will see the image of Jim Caviezel on
the cross, and unknowingly be associating that image with
Jesus.

"Every time I preach or speak about the Cross, the things I
saw [images] on the screen will be on my heart and mind."
Billy Graham

I just wish we could take one step forward without taking
two steps back.

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,
or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that
is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the
earth.

I understand your emotional response at seeing the movie.
I have often wondered why Jesus went through such physical
torture. Nothing in the law said torture the sheep/goat
before sacrificing it. I have a different perspective that
I would like to share with you.

The Roman soldiers could have beat Him till their arms
fell off, and He would not die.
Randy Weiss, http://www.crosstalk.org

Death comes by sin, correct? Jesus had no sin. Therefore
Jesus could not die. I suspect that Jesus went through the
abuse to show that He could not die, or because He would
not die. If you study Isaiah 53 closely along with what
Jesus said on the cross and Psalm 22, then put the mosaic
together, you will see what I am trying to convey.

1. Jesus Cried out on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast
thou forsaken me". At that moment God poured my sin on
Jesus. God not being able to "look upon" my sin, turned
His back on Jesus.
2. God poured out His wrath on Jesus (Isaiah 53:10). So
you Jew hating Christians need to realise that God had
His part in the death of Christ. I tried explaining this
to some Jehovah's Witnesses, but they didn't get it.
3. "Father, into thy hands I commit My spirit", Jesus now
having my sin, died of His own free will.
4. Jesus did not die because of the torture, but because
of my sin. My stupidity trampled Christ. God pouring
my sin on Christ was literally the death blow.

It is my opinion that Jesus went through such torture
to prove that He could not die!

Nonetheless, I have not seen the movie. I hope that people
understand that I am not attacking them as "wicked idolaters"
for seeing the movie, yet I seek to caution those who have to
not use those images while they pray. This may seem obvious,
but the Billy Graham quote should show just how easy it is
to fall into this trap.