Bible Discussion: Is The NT The Word Of Jesus?

Is The NT The Word Of Jesus?

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)

John Ings
2004-08-26 19:49:19 EST
On 26 Aug 2004 12:29:24 -0700, spam@gnostheos.org (Gnos Theos) wrote:

>> Exodus 21
>> 20 `And when a man smiteth his man-servant or his handmaid, with a
>> rod, and he hath died under his hand -- he is certainly avenged;
>> 21 only if he remain a day, or two days, he is not avenged, for he
>> [is] his money.

>We don't like verses like this, but the fact is your life is in the
>hands of men.

Yes. Men like the ones who wrote that verse you don't like,
and others like this one:

Numbers 31:17 "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones,
and kill every woman who has known a man by sleeping with him.
18 But all the young girls who have not known a man by sleeping with
him, keep alive for yourselves."

>Here is a verse that is so confused.
>
>Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children
>of the most High.
>
>John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said,
>Ye are gods?
>
>What this means is that man is over man in a positon of a god (really
>the meaning here is judge) in that men decide whether, or not another
>man should live.

Like this:
1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that
they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and
infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'"

Jeez! Even the sheep and donkeys!

>Unfortunately men are wicked and often make wrong
>choices, and innocents are condemned and killed.

And clearly some of those same men wrote parts of the Bible, and
claimed God had told them to kill innocents.

>Nonetheless, having
>rejected God, we are stuck with men ruling over us.

And even if you wholeheartedly accept God, you're still stuck with men
ruling over you, telling you what they claim God wants. Some of them
are ancients long dead who scribbled scripture, some are live
preachers in pulpits, but they're all men. God hasn't been heard from!

> We may be
>lucky enough to live in a country founded upon Christian principles,

Who's we?

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)