Bible Discussion: Info About A GD Spammer! (may They Writhe In Hellfire For A Billion Eternities!)

Info About A GD Spammer! (may They Writhe In Hellfire For A Billion Eternities!)

*@sbcglobal.net
2004-07-22 09:58:14 EST
Here's the e-mail for a spammer that's managed to put some annoying adware
on my PC; I'm just returning the favor so webrobots can harvest their
address and give 'em a taste of their own medicine:

s*t@freeslide.com

This is their website:
http://www.addrive.com

. . . and here is the address of their filthy lair; may the filthy swine die
a slow death in a vat of their own vomit! (can you tell I'm pissed?):

CONTACT INFO
AdDrive, a Division of SubscriberBASE
3830 Forest Drive, Suite 207
Columbia, SC 29209

Phone: 803.790.8381
fax: 202.479.0282

Attn: Nancy Margaret Jones (ext. 234)

===================================
And here is a press release from their parent company:

Release date: September 1, 2003

AdDrive Moving in the Fast Lane

Columbia, SC - SubscriberBASE's AdDrive division is pleased to announce that
it has eclipsed $150,000 in monthly advertiser payouts in just it's third
full month of operation.

"The level of growth experienced by AdDrive is a testament to the hard work
put in by the entire AdDrive team. We couldn't be happier with the way
things are progressing," said SubscriberBASE President Jeff French.

In addition to praising the AdDrive team, French also gave credit to the
network's Publishers and Advertisers. "We couldn't have done this without
our Network Publishers and Advertisers. Our advertisers are marketing goods
and services that are very desirable in the market place and our publishers
are doing an excellent job presenting these goods and services to the
public. We appreciate the opportunity they give us to create pay for
performance ad campaigns that serve their respective needs equally well,"
said French.

While French is pleased with the fast growth AdDrive has exhibited since
May, he promises that the organization will not get complacent. "This is the
first step in a multi step process. Our goal from the outset has been to
become the preemininent advertising network online. We've got a long way to
go, but we will get there," said French. When asked what the next step would
be, French replied, "We need to exceed the 250,000 threshold in monthly
volume and we need to do it in the fourth quarter. We are on pace to that."

Reaching over half of the U.S. online population, SubscriberBASE, Inc. is
setting the standard in direct permission based email marketing. No other
direct marketing firm combines SubscriberBASE's ability to maximize
publishing revenue while providing solid return on investment for
advertisers. SubscriberBASE maintains its headquarters in Columbia, South
Carolina.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Brian Benenhaley -- Brian@subscriberbase.com

*@sbcglobal.net
2004-07-22 10:35:17 EST
Another spammer is at
www.trafficmp.com and they hide their business address and keep all of their
e-mail addresses well hidden, probably so they don't get a taste of their
own medicine . . .

It really pisses me off how these GD b------s interrupt and take control of
your computer . . . and make you spend more $$$ to buy more software to fix
the things they screw up.
JHC, I'm pissed . . .
--Tock
(pardon my French, but I'm pissed . . .)

<*k@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> [...]
the
> first step in a multi step process. Our goal from the outset has been to
> become the preemininent advertising network online. We've got a long way
> go, but we will get there," said French. When asked what the next step
would
> be, French replied, "We need to exceed the 250,000 threshold in monthly
> volume and we need to do it in the fourth quarter. We are on pace to
that."

> Reaching over half of the U.S. online population, SubscriberBASE, Inc. is
> setting the standard in direct permission based email marketing. No other
> direct marketing firm combines SubscriberBASE's ability to maximize
> publishing revenue while providing solid return on investment for
> advertisers. SubscriberBASE maintains its headquarters in Columbia, South

Dennis Kemmerer
2004-07-22 11:29:15 EST
> Another spammer is at
> www.trafficmp.com and they hide their business address and keep all of
their
> e-mail addresses well hidden, probably so they don't get a taste of their
> own medicine . . .
>

> It really pisses me off how these GD b------s interrupt and take control
of
> your computer . . . and make you spend more $$$ to buy more software to
fix
> the things they screw up.
> JHC, I'm pissed . . .
> --Tock

Try Spybot (http://www.spybot.info/en/). It's free and does a pretty good
job of keeping that shit off of your computer.

[snip]

Bill Baker
2004-07-22 11:38:31 EST
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:29:15 -0700, "Dennis Kemmerer" <dk@suespammers.org>
wrote in message news:<2ma55dFkln3hU2@uni-berlin.de>:

> <tock@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Another spammer is at
>> www.trafficmp.com and they hide their business address and keep all of
> their
>> e-mail addresses well hidden, probably so they don't get a taste of their
>> own medicine . . .
>>

>> It really pisses me off how these GD b------s interrupt and take control
> of
>> your computer . . . and make you spend more $$$ to buy more software to
> fix
>> the things they screw up.
>> JHC, I'm pissed . . .
>> --Tock
>
> Try Spybot (http://www.spybot.info/en/). It's free and does a pretty good
> job of keeping that shit off of your computer.
>
> [snip]

Better yet, try Linux. In the three years I've used it, I have not had
one single instance of a virus or any spyware. And the spam filter is
GREAT.

--
Funny Sister Lurlean quote #12:
"The important thing to know is whether the different candidates is

Terrell D Lewis
2004-07-22 13:39:25 EST
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:38:31 GMT, Bill Baker
<*r@postini.spamcon.org> wrote:

>Better yet, try Linux. In the three years I've used it, I have not had
>one single instance of a virus or any spyware. And the spam filter is
>GREAT.

Unfortunately Linux isn't compatable with my ISP, or my main reason
for having a computer, Finale music notation software.

Terrell

*@sbcglobal.net
2004-07-22 14:41:15 EST

"Dennis Kemmerer" <dk@suespammers.org> wrote
> Try Spybot (http://www.spybot.info/en/). It's free and does a pretty good
> job of keeping that shit off of your computer.

I've got spybot, it got rid of several previous infections, but doesn't
recognize this one, and there's no new update. Bummer.

Here's a copy of an email I sent to WalMart (evidently they use these guy's
services; a pop-up ad with some sort of WalMart discount card intruded on my
pc):
======
Hello,
My computer has recently been infected with some sort of
advertisement-repeating virus from both of the following companies, possibly
more:

www.addrive.com
www.trafficmp.com

and I am boycotting any and all companies that use their services to promote
their business. Their spamware was promoting your WalMart cards, so I am
notifying everyone I know AND everyone I can contact on internet newsgroups
of your egregious computer-disrupting marketing practices, encouraging them
to boycott your business until you cease this method of advertising.
Yours,
============
I'm just sick and tired of this crap. A person ought to be able to use his
own pc without being badgered by unwanted ads and losing control over it to
unwanted spam. There really ought to be a law against it . . . ugh . . .
Anyway, I'm ranting because I'm plenty pissed over this crap . . .
--Tock

Rally
2004-07-22 15:26:10 EST

> "Dennis Kemmerer" <dk@suespammers.org> wrote
> > Try Spybot (http://www.spybot.info/en/). It's free and does a pretty
good
> > job of keeping that shit off of your computer.
>
> I've got spybot, it got rid of several previous infections, but
doesn't
> recognize this one, and there's no new update. Bummer.
>
> Here's a copy of an email I sent to WalMart (evidently they use these
guy's
> services; a pop-up ad with some sort of WalMart discount card intruded
on my
> pc):
> ======
> Hello,
> My computer has recently been infected with some sort of
> advertisement-repeating virus from both of the following companies,
possibly
> more:
>
> www.addrive.com
> www.trafficmp.com
>
> and I am boycotting any and all companies that use their services to
promote
> their business. Their spamware was promoting your WalMart cards, so
I am
> notifying everyone I know AND everyone I can contact on internet
newsgroups
> of your egregious computer-disrupting marketing practices,
encouraging them
> to boycott your business until you cease this method of advertising.
> Yours,
> ============
> I'm just sick and tired of this crap. A person ought to be able to
use his
> own pc without being badgered by unwanted ads and losing control over
it to
> unwanted spam. There really ought to be a law against it . . . ugh .
. .
> Anyway, I'm ranting because I'm plenty pissed over this crap . . .
> --Tock

Sam Kinneson, (spelling?) once said that Marketers should all do the
world a favor and immediately commit suicide.
I am for that. They ruined the Internet: Turned it from a great
information and communications tool into an exasperating navigation
through bullshit to get to anything of substance, (HTML-wise anyway...).

Dennis Kemmerer
2004-07-22 15:54:07 EST
<*k@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "Dennis Kemmerer" <dk@suespammers.org> wrote
> > Try Spybot (http://www.spybot.info/en/). It's free and does a pretty
good
> > job of keeping that shit off of your computer.
>
> I've got spybot, it got rid of several previous infections, but doesn't
> recognize this one, and there's no new update. Bummer.
>
> Here's a copy of an email I sent to WalMart (evidently they use these
guy's
> services; a pop-up ad with some sort of WalMart discount card intruded on
my
> pc):
> ======
> Hello,
> My computer has recently been infected with some sort of
> advertisement-repeating virus from both of the following companies,
possibly
> more:
>
> www.addrive.com
> www.trafficmp.com
>
> and I am boycotting any and all companies that use their services to
promote
> their business. Their spamware was promoting your WalMart cards, so I am
> notifying everyone I know AND everyone I can contact on internet
newsgroups
> of your egregious computer-disrupting marketing practices, encouraging
them
> to boycott your business until you cease this method of advertising.
> Yours,
> ============
> I'm just sick and tired of this crap. A person ought to be able to use
his
> own pc without being badgered by unwanted ads and losing control over it
> unwanted spam. There really ought to be a law against it . . . ugh . . .
> Anyway, I'm ranting because I'm plenty pissed over this crap . . .
> --Tock

Goes back to the days of software vendors that would modify your
autoexec.bat file without asking. :)

Jez

Nah, that was Bill Hicks !!

--
Jez
"The condition of alienation, of being asleep, of being unconscious,

John Savard
2004-07-22 23:52:17 EST
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:35:17 GMT, <tock@sbcglobal.net> wrote, in part:

>and make you spend more $$$ to buy more software to fix
>the things they screw up.

Ad-Aware, CWShredder, Pest Patrol, and Spybot Search and Destroy are all
available free of charge, and are not advertised by means of spam or adware.

John Savard