Bible Discussion: Who Has God Counted In ?

Who Has God Counted In ?

Rhuff163
2004-07-21 01:16:12 EST
Devotional Guide

For the week of July 18, 2004

OPPOSITION TO GOD

Who has God counted in?

To Read: 2 Chronicles 13-15

To Know:

"Him we proclaim, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom,
that we may present every man mature in Christ." (Col.1: 28)

In this world some people simply don't count. The old South worked to
exclude blacks from the vote count. Some women hear male pronouns and feel
counted out. When we decided to build the new meetinghouse we sought
unanimity to be sure everyone counted. In Christ everyone counts.

Three times in this one verse Paul writes, "every." God discounts no one.
When Paul speaks of man, he means mankind. He means every member of
mankind, male or female. The word the apostle writes is anthropos, from
which we get anthropology. Everyone is to be warned. Everyone is to be
taught. Everyone is to be fulfilled.

Congregations must take care for everyone. Our flesh will tempt us to build
self-serving relationships. It is the Spirit who commands us to go out to
the least. No one is to be excluded. Jesus exposes the power of the flesh
to exclude by being born of peasant stock. Those who counted themselves
important felt free to exclude Christ from their consideration as they led
Israel for God.

To Do:

Our Lord has everyone counted. When Jesus was preparing to die he prayed
thus to his Father, ".Father, the hour has come; glorify thy Son that the
Son may glorify thee, since thou hast given him power over all flesh, to
give eternal life to all whom thou hast given him." (Jn.17: 1,2) Christ
died for a known number of people. We must be careful to guard our hearts
lest we be guilty of counting out someone God has counted in.

To Ask:

Father, give me a true heart of love for everyone.

07214$-07214

Mike Rhodes
2004-07-21 13:55:52 EST
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 05:16:12 GMT, "rhuff163" <rhuff163@mchsi.com>
wrote:

>Three times in this one verse Paul writes, "every." God discounts no one.
>When Paul speaks of man, he means mankind. He means every member of
>mankind, male or female. The word the apostle writes is anthropos, from
>which we get anthropology. Everyone is to be warned. Everyone is to be
>taught. Everyone is to be fulfilled.

Are you not Lutheran? I heard Martin Luther wanted to exclude
Hebrews, James, II Peter and Revelation. (Wow.) I suppose he wasn't
so overt about the Gospels -- though that apparently has also become a
mental non-habit for some; actually many of you who are not whole, in
Truth, but only in Paul.
Jesus most certainly did exclude, and commanded us to do likewise,
you dog-feeder, (therefore a _thief_; of money, conscience and heart).
You obviously feed trouble.

>Congregations must take care for everyone.

The hell you say! Talk about burdens too heavy to bear!
But you're implying the government also, while pretending (lying)
as if to present a nonpolitical 'Christian' thought.

> Our flesh will tempt us to build self-serving relationships.

The hell you say! As if it were to our condemnation!
Some may want relationships which only serve them financially, or
their ego; and are willng to compromise themselves to maintain them.
But you've redefined the word 'friendship' into an evil form! Are you
disturbed? I surely think so.

> It is the Spirit who commands us to go out to the least.

The hell you say! _You've_ defined least absolutely.
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs", said Christ, who sends the
Spirit (not you, nor Luther, nor Paul). So your word is not His, and
so it is not holy. It is not Spirit.
You are abusing the consciences of others with lies. In effect
(and by vote), you take what is not yours and 'give' it (you thief!)
as if the act were holy. Jesus clearly said (and I'm sure you've
read) "Render to Caesar what is Caesar's."
You've lied, and you've lied about the Gospel. You've stolen, and
you've stolen as if it were a gift, from God. You're sins are great.

> No one is to be excluded.

The hell you say! What you say is not Gospel.

> Jesus exposes the power of the flesh to exclude by being
> born of peasant stock.

The hell you say! "Expose the power of the flesh" is what God did?!
Mary & Joseph were were not 'peasant stock.' He was not born from
slaves. Their geneaologies were known. He was born in toubled and
humble circumstances.
And the apostles, His associations, were talented, if not
well-to-do -- though not rich power-brokers.

> Those who counted themselves important felt free to exclude
> Christ from their consideration as they led Israel for God.

Dog's will say, concerning those with stature, "You think you're so
important!" And do so with a spit, as they feel their own
inadequacies. And then some will continue, "Well, I'm as important as
you!" And recieve their own spit.

--Mike Rhodes

B*@yahoo.com
2004-07-21 16:19:39 EST
"Not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

-- 2 Peter 3:9

Mike Rhodes
2004-07-21 20:26:54 EST
On 21 Jul 2004 13:19:39 -0700, bibleverse2@yahoo.com wrote:

>"Not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
>
>-- 2 Peter 3:9

Peter wrote that, but that's not what Jesus said. Nor was the context
Peter used the same as that in this thread. Why didn't you respond to
me directly? So you could snip without actually snipping?

If all scriptures are inspired of God then all scriptures must carry
the same weight? And all in one single verse? By Peter? They don't,
and you'll get yourself in serious trouble, at least logically
(affecting the brain directly), if you hold that belief.
Conflicts exist in the New Testament, and to even the level of the
"another gospel" Paul warned of. And much of the disagreement is
between Paul and everyone else. No one, and I do mean NO ONE, taught
_FAITH_ to the _Exclusive_ level that Paul did. And many of today's
churches seem most strongly attached to Paul's writings, (as they say
"in Jesus' name.")

As for Peter's statement that you quoted, there was a battle to
protect the churches from Jewish influence, and to insure the Church
was open to the Gentiles. You do recall the visions of Peter in Acts
"Take, eat." The effort God went to teach Peter concerning Gentile
conversion causes me to treat such a statement by Peter as in the Jew
vs Gentile context.
But the actual context of that verse was to the seeming delay the
Lord would take in His return. We will (all will?) have _the time_ to
be saved. And some might think this an odd notion for a Christian to
teach, unless that's all they've ever been taught; while purposefully
avoiding other sources...

--Mike Rhodes

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-07-30 20:34:38 EST

"Mike Rhodes" <brhodes-nosp-@granderiver.net> wrote in message
> On 21 Jul 2004 13:19:39 -0700, bibleverse2@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >"Not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to
repentance."

> >-- 2 Peter 3:9

1 Tim.2:3-4 says much the same thing, it was written by Paul, and God's WILL
cannot fail but to happen.

> Peter wrote that, but that's not what Jesus said. Nor was the context
> Peter used the same as that in this thread. Why didn't you respond to
> me directly? So you could snip without actually snipping?
>
> If all scriptures are inspired of God then all scriptures must carry
> the same weight? And all in one single verse? By Peter? They don't,
> and you'll get yourself in serious trouble, at least logically
> (affecting the brain directly), if you hold that belief.
> Conflicts exist in the New Testament, and to even the level of the
> "another gospel" Paul warned of. And much of the disagreement is
> between Paul and everyone else. No one, and I do mean NO ONE, taught
> _FAITH_ to the _Exclusive_ level that Paul did. And many of today's
> churches seem most strongly attached to Paul's writings, (as they say
> "in Jesus' name.")
>
> As for Peter's statement that you quoted, there was a battle to
> protect the churches from Jewish influence, and to insure the Church
> was open to the Gentiles. You do recall the visions of Peter in Acts
> "Take, eat." The effort God went to teach Peter concerning Gentile
> conversion causes me to treat such a statement by Peter as in the Jew
> vs Gentile context.
> But the actual context of that verse was to the seeming delay the
> Lord would take in His return. We will (all will?) have _the time_ to
> be saved. And some might think this an odd notion for a Christian to
> teach, unless that's all they've ever been taught; while purposefully
> avoiding other sources...
>
> --Mike Rhodes

Libertarius
2004-07-30 21:25:19 EST

"Glenn (Christian Mystic)" wrote:

> "Mike Rhodes" <brhodes-nosp-@granderiver.net> wrote in message
> > On 21 Jul 2004 13:19:39 -0700, bibleverse2@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > >"Not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to
> repentance."
> > >
> > >-- 2 Peter 3:9
>
> 1 Tim.2:3-4 says much the same thing, it was written by Paul, and God's WILL
> cannot fail but to happen.

===>Aside from the well-established conclusion that neither was 2 Peter written
by THE (Gospel's) Peter, no was 2 Tim written by Saul/Paul,
what makes you think "God's WILL" is what "Peter" or "Paul" or any other human
wrote? -- L.

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-07-31 09:56:04 EST

"Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message
> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" wrote:
> > "Mike Rhodes" <brhodes-nosp-@granderiver.net> wrote in message

> > 1 Tim.2:3-4 says much the same thing, it was written by Paul, and
> >God's WILL cannot fail but to happen.
>
> ===>Aside from the well-established conclusion that neither was 2 Peter >
written by THE (Gospel's) Peter,

Yeah and as Moses died before his last book was completed it is questionable
that he actually wrote it, as well. But what human wrote what is hardly
relevant, but rather the inspiration of God

> nor was 2 Tim written by Saul/Paul,

Again, who wrote what isn't relevant, it was oft a habit to attribute books
to a well known, because of this, it is possible that no book of the Bible
was actually written by the claimed authors, fussing about this amounts to
meaningless nit-picking and nothing more.

> what makes you think "God's WILL" is what "Peter" or "Paul" or any other >
human wrote? -- L.

Again, who wrote what isn't really the issue, but the matter of what
establishes a thing scriptually, is here we have two witnesses to the same
message !

Andrew W
2004-07-31 16:17:39 EST
"Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message

> "Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message
> > "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" wrote:
> > > "Mike Rhodes" <brhodes-nosp-@granderiver.net> wrote in message

> > > 1 Tim.2:3-4 says much the same thing, it was written by Paul, and
> > >God's WILL cannot fail but to happen.
> >
> > ===>Aside from the well-established conclusion that neither was 2 Peter
>
> written by THE (Gospel's) Peter,
>
> Yeah and as Moses died before his last book was completed it is
questionable
> that he actually wrote it, as well. But what human wrote what is hardly
> relevant, but rather the inspiration of God
>
> > nor was 2 Tim written by Saul/Paul,
>
> Again, who wrote what isn't relevant, it was oft a habit to attribute
books
> to a well known, because of this, it is possible that no book of the Bible
> was actually written by the claimed authors, fussing about this amounts to
> meaningless nit-picking and nothing more.
>
> > what makes you think "God's WILL" is what "Peter" or "Paul" or any other
>
> human wrote? -- L.
>
> Again, who wrote what isn't really the issue, but the matter of what
> establishes a thing scriptually, is here we have two witnesses to the same
> message !

How do you know which part of the bible is true and which part isn't?

--
Andrew W.

A good scientist is one who keeps an open mind.
A good Christian is one who keeps a closed mind.

Religion Exposed!
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~ajwerner

Renee
2004-07-31 19:35:55 EST

"Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message

> "Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message
>> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" wrote:
>> > "Mike Rhodes" <brhodes-nosp-@granderiver.net> wrote in message

>> > 1 Tim.2:3-4 says much the same thing, it was written by Paul, and
>> >God's WILL cannot fail but to happen.
>>
>> ===>Aside from the well-established conclusion that neither was 2 Peter >
> written by THE (Gospel's) Peter,
>
> Yeah and as Moses died before his last book was completed it is
> questionable
> that he actually wrote it, as well. But what human wrote what is hardly
> relevant, but rather the inspiration of God
>
>> nor was 2 Tim written by Saul/Paul,
>
> Again, who wrote what isn't relevant, it was oft a habit to attribute
> books
> to a well known, because of this, it is possible that no book of the Bible
> was actually written by the claimed authors, fussing about this amounts to
> meaningless nit-picking and nothing more.
>
>> what makes you think "God's WILL" is what "Peter" or "Paul" or any other
>> >
> human wrote? -- L.
>
> Again, who wrote what isn't really the issue, but the matter of what
> establishes a thing scriptually, is here we have two witnesses to the same
> message !

Have you no shame? Being an apologetic for a monster "God" does not become
you.

Angles City at night is the nearest that you will ever be to paradise! <G>

Renee

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-08-03 21:43:47 EST

"Andrew W" <nospaam_ajwerner@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message
> > "Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message

<snip>

> > Again, who wrote what isn't relevant, it was oft a habit to attribute
books
> > to a well known, because of this, it is possible that no book of the
Bible
> > was actually written by the claimed authors, fussing about this amounts
> > meaningless nit-picking and nothing more.
> >
> > > what makes you think "God's WILL" is what "Peter" or "Paul" or any
other

> > human wrote? -- L.
> >
> > Again, who wrote what isn't really the issue, but the matter of what
> > establishes a thing scriptually, is here we have two witnesses to the
same
> > message !
>
> How do you know which part of the bible is true and which part isn't?

Example

> > 1 Tim.2:3-4 says much the same thing, it was written by Paul, and
> >God's WILL cannot fail but to happen.

....what establishes a thing scriptually, is here we have two witnesses to
the same
message !

> --
> Andrew W.
> A good scientist is one who keeps an open mind.
> A good Christian is one who keeps a closed mind.

Actually such is a piss-poor Christian

Glenn (Christian Mystic)

> Religion Exposed!

Andrew's opinion Exposed !