Bible Discussion: Help! I Am Seeking Out The Closest Representation Of True Christianity...

Help! I Am Seeking Out The Closest Representation Of True Christianity...

Richard Hutnik
2003-08-02 21:05:10 EST
Christianity is an missionary religion. It seeks out people to join
and become part of it. This always appears in one form or another to
find seekers and integrate them in the church. And, when I talk to
some people, and they ask me where I go to church, I said I don't now.
I am seeking. And I get, "well, you NEED to be part of some church".

Well, HELLO. I am here. I am posting this. Hey some denomination,
find me, will ya? If you have the closest representation, then
contact me (please do email if you will) and persuade me. I am
waiting. The Greek root of obedience is persuasion, so I am open. My
freefloating in Christiandom has me picking up beliefs from all over,
so bear with me.

Thank you for your time...
- Richard Hutnik

Libertarius
2003-08-02 21:36:37 EST

Richard Hutnik wrote:

> Christianity is an missionary religion. It seeks out people to join
> and become part of it. This always appears in one form or another to
> find seekers and integrate them in the church. And, when I talk to
> some people, and they ask me where I go to church, I said I don't now.
> I am seeking. And I get, "well, you NEED to be part of some church".
>
> Well, HELLO. I am here. I am posting this. Hey some denomination,
> find me, will ya? If you have the closest representation, then
> contact me (please do email if you will) and persuade me. I am
> waiting. The Greek root of obedience is persuasion, so I am open. My
> freefloating in Christiandom has me picking up beliefs from all over,
> so bear with me.

===>Be careful!
First they get you to believe their book is authored by "GOD".
Then they pick out their favorite verses and prove to you that
THEIR sect/denomination is the "true" Christianity.
If they are really skillful, ANY representative of ANY denomination
can do that.

Before you buy, check out the competition. They are best at
explaining why the other guys are wrong, and vice versa.

Libertarius
==========

Sensible2me
2003-08-03 00:01:20 EST

"Richard Hutnik" <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Christianity is an missionary religion. It seeks out people to join
> and become part of it. This always appears in one form or another to
> find seekers and integrate them in the church. And, when I talk to
> some people, and they ask me where I go to church, I said I don't now.
> I am seeking. And I get, "well, you NEED to be part of some church".
>
> Well, HELLO. I am here. I am posting this. Hey some denomination,
> find me, will ya? If you have the closest representation, then
> contact me (please do email if you will) and persuade me. I am
> waiting. The Greek root of obedience is persuasion, so I am open. My
> freefloating in Christiandom has me picking up beliefs from all over,
> so bear with me.
>
> Thank you for your time...
> - Richard Hutnik

sensible2me:
Well there are about 100 million different denominations.
Every one of them will pound on your door.
I'll tell from my own personal experience.
Let God pound on your door and ask him which one is His favorite. Expect to
receive an answer.
He will tell you and you will then know. Don't ask anyone else but HIM. He
will lead you to places in your heart.

God Blesses......Always

Libertarius
2003-08-03 00:14:03 EST

sensible2me wrote:

> "Richard Hutnik" <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Christianity is an missionary religion. It seeks out people to join
> > and become part of it. This always appears in one form or another to
> > find seekers and integrate them in the church. And, when I talk to
> > some people, and they ask me where I go to church, I said I don't now.
> > I am seeking. And I get, "well, you NEED to be part of some church".
> >
> > Well, HELLO. I am here. I am posting this. Hey some denomination,
> > find me, will ya? If you have the closest representation, then
> > contact me (please do email if you will) and persuade me. I am
> > waiting. The Greek root of obedience is persuasion, so I am open. My
> > freefloating in Christiandom has me picking up beliefs from all over,
> > so bear with me.
> >
> > Thank you for your time...
> > - Richard Hutnik
>
> sensible2me:
> Well there are about 100 million different denominations.
> Every one of them will pound on your door.
> I'll tell from my own personal experience.
> Let God pound on your door and ask him which one is His favorite. Expect to
> receive an answer.

===>Ridiculous advice.
That is EXACTLY what the founders of those
"100 million different denominations" did.
What happened to THEM???

> He will tell you and you will then know.

===>Sure. Like he did the "100 million"???

> Don't ask anyone else but HIM.

===>That is what they all do.

> He
> will lead you to places in your heart.

===>The left ventricle?

Jessica L. Price
2003-08-03 01:20:43 EST

"Richard Hutnik" <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Christianity is an missionary religion. It seeks out people to join
| and become part of it. This always appears in one form or another to
| find seekers and integrate them in the church. And, when I talk to
| some people, and they ask me where I go to church, I said I don't now.
| I am seeking. And I get, "well, you NEED to be part of some church".
|
| Well, HELLO. I am here. I am posting this. Hey some denomination,
| find me, will ya? If you have the closest representation, then
| contact me (please do email if you will) and persuade me. I am
| waiting. The Greek root of obedience is persuasion, so I am open. My
| freefloating in Christiandom has me picking up beliefs from all over,
| so bear with me.

Personally, I'd say that there are a gazillion different forms of
Christianity because there are a gazillion different types of people. The
one in which you feel most fulfilled is the one that will allow you to be
the closest to God. He's God, so I think he's capable of being flexible.
After all, if you believe he exists, then he's the one that created
variations in human psychology.

As I said, he's God. There's nothing he *needs* from you, so I honestly
believe whatever type of Christian worship gives you the greatest feeling
of connection to him must be where he wants you.

If you like the beauty of ritual, Catholicism has absolutely amazing
services. Or at least, some Catholic churches do. If the personal,
mystical and ecstatic experience is more your thing, I'd check out the
evangelistic non-denominational churches. If you are into social causes
and want a more liberal Christian outlook, the Methodists are known for
their open-mindedness and philanthropy.

I'd suggest that you start visiting churches. When you're in the right
one, you'll know.

But I'm not Christian, so maybe you shouldn't be listening to me. And I'm
sure there are tons of people around here eager to have a shot at
convincing you that their way is the only one, so I'll step back now and
let them have at it.

Regards,

Jessica

P=9Falmsmith_=3Cglenbradley=40sncp=2Earrm=2Ecom=3E?=
2003-08-03 05:32:06 EST
In article <bgi63d$4m4$1@news.doit.wisc.edu>,
"Jessica L. Price" <jessicaprice@wisc.edu> wrote:

> Personally, I'd say that there are a gazillion different forms of
> Christianity because there are a gazillion different types of people. The
> one in which you feel most fulfilled is the one that will allow you to be
> the closest to God. He's God, so I think he's capable of being flexible.
> After all, if you believe he exists, then he's the one that created
> variations in human psychology.

choosing a denomination carefully - in order to suit the shape of my
soul *;

] <-/->

> But I'm not Christian, so maybe you shouldn't be listening to me. And I'm
> sure there are tons of people around here eager to have a shot at
> convincing you that their way is the only one, so I'll step back now and
> let them have at it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jessica

* - means that i worship my own soul, and not God. In worshipping God,
He will move me to wherever He wants me. my soul has died, but Christ
has made me alive again. i live, therefore, for Him.

Seeking Christ in the end (telos) of all things of our life, now we live
Christ, as He speaks to this world.

A CITY SET UPON A HILL THAT CANNOT BE HID!

A heart, set on magnifying the love of Christ, and feet eager to walk
the path. God will send His messengers, by the name of Jesus all
creation will be torn and rent.

Wayne W.
2003-08-03 09:56:50 EST

"Richard Hutnik" <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Christianity is an missionary religion. It seeks out people to join
> and become part of it. This always appears in one form or another to
> find seekers and integrate them in the church. And, when I talk to
> some people, and they ask me where I go to church, I said I don't now.
> I am seeking. And I get, "well, you NEED to be part of some church".
>
> Well, HELLO. I am here. I am posting this. Hey some denomination,
> find me, will ya? If you have the closest representation, then
> contact me (please do email if you will) and persuade me. I am
> waiting. The Greek root of obedience is persuasion, so I am open. My
> freefloating in Christiandom has me picking up beliefs from all over,
> so bear with me.
>
> Thank you for your time...
> - Richard Hutnik

Richard,
Just enter into prayer, and give God time to answer you. Don't
put a time restriction on His answer. Daniel prayed and fasted for 21 days
to get his answer. Actually the answer was there, but was detained because
of Spiritual warfare. We wrestle not against flesh and blood. Finney had a
time finding God because of pride, but when he stopped worrying about other
people, and prayed with all of his heart, he wrote that he was baptized in
liquid love. I prayed for guidance, and the Lord sent me someone to take me
to church. I had never been eager to go to church, but not loathe to it
either. But this time, I was excited, eager, and waiting with anticipation.
This guy was a Christian, and I couldn't exactly tell you how I knew.

The third time I went to church with this man, he asked me if I was ready
for him to take me home. I said no. I want whatever you guys have. It is
real. I went down to the front and told the man praying for people, I want
it. (in my mind I thought, I am standing here until I receive. A thought
came to my mind of me standing there as an old man. I thought, if that is
what it takes, so be it.) Well, I couldn't seem to receive, and so I made
up words like I did as a child. I thought maybe I had the Holy Ghost and
didn't know it? But the elder told me with all patience and love, "You don't
have to do that son. When it is God, you will know it." Wow, he dispelled
one of the stories I had heard that you could just speak gibberish, and they
wouldn't know the difference. (not that that was my intentions, as I said
before, I thought maybe I had it and didn't know it.) Then I prayed some
more, and still couldn't get it. Then I prayed, "Lord, what is stopping me
from receiving?" Then there was a burning in my left shirt pocket, so I
looked to see what was causing it. There were my cigarettes. I pulled them
out and asked if that was what was stopping me from receiving? A young man
that was probably a pro football player took the pack and squashed them
saying, "I always wanted to do that." Well, within about 2 minutes I was
speaking in tongues, even shouting in tongues. I was baptized right
afterwards and went home. I didn't feel much that night except numb, cold,
and tired. The next morning though, I woke up and felt GREAT. I had never
slept so well in my life. People were so beautiful to me, and the sky was
so blue. I thought to myself, what is this? And I did this several times,
and the answer that came to me each time, "It's the Holy Ghost." And finally
I thought back, "Whatever it is, it is good."

Taste and see that the Lord is good. Look for God, not a denomination, and
he will lead you where you need to go.

God bless you, and I will be in prayer for you this week.

Yours in Christ Jesus,
Wayne W.

Richard Hutnik
2003-08-03 12:38:58 EST
"sensible2me" <mcapps@mail.advertisnet.com> wrote in message news:<vip25s38qss28@corp.supernews.com>...
> "Richard Hutnik" <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Christianity is an missionary religion. It seeks out people to join
> > and become part of it. This always appears in one form or another to
> > find seekers and integrate them in the church. And, when I talk to
> > some people, and they ask me where I go to church, I said I don't now.
> > I am seeking. And I get, "well, you NEED to be part of some church".
> >
> > Well, HELLO. I am here. I am posting this. Hey some denomination,
> > find me, will ya? If you have the closest representation, then
> > contact me (please do email if you will) and persuade me. I am
> > waiting. The Greek root of obedience is persuasion, so I am open. My
> > freefloating in Christiandom has me picking up beliefs from all over,
> > so bear with me.
> >
> > Thank you for your time...
> > - Richard Hutnik
>
> sensible2me:
> Well there are about 100 million different denominations.
> Every one of them will pound on your door.
> I'll tell from my own personal experience.
> Let God pound on your door and ask him which one is His favorite. Expect to
> receive an answer.
> He will tell you and you will then know. Don't ask anyone else but HIM. He
> will lead you to places in your heart.
>
> God Blesses......Always

Well, I posted a message before that I was looking for a church, and
no one responded before. If I call, then MAYBE I get phone calls
returned. But, heck I called a Seventh Day Adventist Church, and
didn't get a call back.

- Richard Hutnik

Richard Hutnik
2003-08-03 12:49:45 EST
"Wayne W." <hwaynew@nospam.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<Cw8Xa.1882$x96.905894977@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>...
> "Richard Hutnik" <richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Christianity is an missionary religion. It seeks out people to join
> > and become part of it. This always appears in one form or another to
> > find seekers and integrate them in the church. And, when I talk to
> > some people, and they ask me where I go to church, I said I don't now.
> > I am seeking. And I get, "well, you NEED to be part of some church".
> >
> > Well, HELLO. I am here. I am posting this. Hey some denomination,
> > find me, will ya? If you have the closest representation, then
> > contact me (please do email if you will) and persuade me. I am
> > waiting. The Greek root of obedience is persuasion, so I am open. My
> > freefloating in Christiandom has me picking up beliefs from all over,
> > so bear with me.
> >
> > Thank you for your time...
> > - Richard Hutnik
>
> Richard,
> Just enter into prayer, and give God time to answer you. Don't
> put a time restriction on His answer. Daniel prayed and fasted for 21 days
> to get his answer. Actually the answer was there, but was detained because
> of Spiritual warfare. We wrestle not against flesh and blood. Finney had a
> time finding God because of pride, but when he stopped worrying about other
> people, and prayed with all of his heart, he wrote that he was baptized in
> liquid love. I prayed for guidance, and the Lord sent me someone to take me
> to church. I had never been eager to go to church, but not loathe to it
> either. But this time, I was excited, eager, and waiting with anticipation.
> This guy was a Christian, and I couldn't exactly tell you how I knew.

Well, you know what, people need to get off my back then. I get, just
about every time, "Oh, you need to find a church to be part of". I am
aware of the fundamental churches and my issues. So, I have been
waiting. It is hard not feeling any place is a fit. And, considering
my goal isn't just getting my needs met, but to find truth, this makes
it harder.

- Richard Hutnik

Vera Six
2003-08-03 15:54:22 EST
Excellent post, Editor!

Yes, I can attest to all of this, too.

Jesus Christ is God who lives with us. For me the Bible was the
key, too. It was the key to open up my own heart with. I was
struck by the suddern awareness that it is the asolute truth what
is written in the Bible. God spoke to me personally - he meant
me! I really was perplexed when I found out that the truth was
so near and I had been searching for it anywhere. What a fool
I was, not able to see what is so obvious. Unbelievable, really.
But true, very true. One of His wonders to make people see...

In the name of Love,

Vera