Bible Discussion: More Barriers To Sin Been Torn Down!

More Barriers To Sin Been Torn Down!

Martus
2004-07-01 04:48:47 EST
FAITH UNDER FIRE
Hate-crimes law
worries pastors
Some consider liability insurance
to cover pulpit remarks

1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A religious liberty group is trying to reassure Pennsylvania pastors
who fear they could face prosecution under a new law if they preach
against homosexuality.

The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty sent a letter [Requires pdf
viewer] to 9,000 houses of worship across the state June 18 after a
hate-crimes law was amended to add "sexual orientation" and "gender
identity" as motives that trigger heavier penalties for the crime of
"harassment."

"It is a measure of our times that religious leaders have lately
considered taking out liability insurance to cover remarks made from
the pulpit," said Becket Fund President Kevin J. Hasson.

Of particular concern to pastors is the amendment's expansion of the
definition of "harassment" to include "harassment by communication" –
which means one could be convicted on the basis of spoken words alone.

"Although legislators expressly disavowed the motive at the time, one
might be forgiven the impression that one purpose of this legislation
was to generate a fear of prosecution among those who would preach and
teach in favor of the traditional prohibition on homosexual behavior –
a teaching so common to so many faiths," Hasson noted.

However, the Becket Fund's letter explained to clergy that the new law
should not deter them from preaching against homosexual conduct.

The group says that although the language of the law appears to cover
preaching from the pulpit, it is unlikely to be applied that way.

The Becket Fund also offered to help ministers threatened with such
prosecution.

"We will defend, free of charge, anything said from the pulpit,
conservative or liberal, wisdom or nonsense, so long as it is a
religious message given in good faith," Hasson declared.

As WorldNetDaily reported, Canada recently added sexual orientation as
a protected category in its genocide and hate-crimes legislation,
which carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.

Opponents fear the Bible will be regarded as "hate literature" under
the criminal code in certain instances, as evidenced by the case of a
Saskatchewan man fined by a provincial human-rights tribunal for
taking out a newspaper ad with Scripture references to verses about
homosexuality.

'Bible as hate speech' signed into law

'Bible as hate speech' author admits stealing

'Bible as hate speech' bill passes

'Bible verses regarded as hate literature

Ezekiel 22:23-31 (NRSV)

23 The word of the Lord came to me: 24 Mortal, say to it: You are a
land that is not cleansed, not rained upon in the day of indignation.
25 Its princesc within it are like a roaring lion tearing the prey;
they have devoured human lives; they have taken treasure and precious
things; they have made many widows within it. 26 Its priests have done
violence to my teaching and have profaned my holy things; they have
made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they
taught the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have
disregarded my sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

27 Its officials within it are like wolves tearing the prey, shedding
blood, destroying lives to get dishonest gain. 28 Its prophets have
smeared whitewash on their behalf, seeing false visions and divining
lies for them, saying, "Thus says the Lord God," when the Lord has not
spoken.

29 The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed
robbery; they have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted
from the alien without redress. 30 And I sought for anyone among them
who would repair the wall and stand in the breach before me on behalf
of the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one. 31
Therefore I have poured out my indignation upon them; I have consumed
them with the fire of my wrath; **************I have returned their
conduct upon their heads,************* says the Lord God.

[1]
c Gk: Heb indignation. 25A conspiracy of its prophets

[1] The Holy Bible : New Revised Standard Version. 1996, c1989.
Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

And when all barriers to sin come down, and those that speak out
against these sins have been silenced, God will allow the fire of sin
to destroy the people by removing God's protection that stop man from
destroying man.

End
times:
http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/

Ninure Saunders

(This article is based/was inspired on an article I read almost two years
ago in the newsgroups (usenet).)

Which Law should Christians follow?

It is suprising the number of Christians who do not seem to understand the
difference between the Commadments given to the nation of Israrel as part
of the Old Covenant, and the Commandments given to Christians, between the
Law (including the Levitical Code) given to a race/nation set apart, that
which Law Jesus preached, and taught, and asks that those believe in Him
live by.

Jesus said:

" If ye love me, keep my commandments. " (John 14:15 KJV)

What were these commandments that Jesus was referrring to? Was He, as a
large number of Fundamentalist Christians claim, telling His followers to
keep the Laws of the Old Testament except those involving aninal
sacrifice?

Not according to Paul!!

The Paul of the Bible summarizes God's law for mankind in one verse:

"For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, "You shall love your neighbor
as yourself." (Galatians 5:14 RSV)

This has become known as the "Royal Law".

If you really fulfil the royal law, according to the scripture, "You shall
love your neighbor as yourself," you do well. (James 2:8 RSV)

Jesus Himself went into more detail about what He wants us to do and not
to do. Although we are \ufffdsaved by grace, not by works\ufffd if we follow only
the Royal Law we demonstrate our love for what God through Jesus Christ as
done for us.

It is even better if we can also keep all of the Commandments of Jesus,
since is thew way in which we can accomplish two very important things:

1) Demonstrate to non-Christians that we truly are followeres of
Christ.

These Commandments of Jesus have a very special place of high priority
for all Christians because The Lord said, "If ye love Me, keep My
commandments." (John 14:15 KJV). (Emphasis mine)

2) Help bring about God's dominion/kingdom/realm , the same
dominion/kingdom/realm we pray for every time we say the Prayer That
Jesus Taught Us. "Your dominion/jingdom/realm come, Your will be on
earth as it is in heaven."

Jesus also gave the following instructions regarding His Commandments . . .

" Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of
the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to
observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you
alway, even unto the end of the world." (Matthew 28:19-20 KJV)

By these words, Jesus tells us that we are to obey all of the Commandments
He gave to His disciples, and that these Commandments apply until the end
of the world and God\ufffds domion is fully realized.

Here, then, is a fairly complete list of all the Commandments which Jesus
taught His disciples (us) to observe, obey, and live by. I found these in
an article posted to usenet, where someone had taken the time to do a
study of all four Gospels. They are organized into two groups: the
Universal Moral Law, and the Other Commandments Of Jesus.

A summary of His commandments is given first, then a detailed explanation
of each one (where necessary), with Scriptural references.

It is always possible that a commandment or two may have been overlooked.
So in order to make sure for yourself, please buy or borrow a Bible with
the words of Jesus written in red. Then read the red words first, and see
for yourself! As Jesus said, "the words I speak to you, they are spirit
and they are life." (John 6:63b KJV)

Summary Of The Commandments of Jesus

I. The Universal Moral Law

A. The Law Of Love

"First, love God your Creator more than anything else. Then, love all
other people the same as you love yourself."

B. The Ten Commandments

1. "Do not put anything ahead of God your Creator."

2. "Do not make or worship idols."

3. "Do not take the name of God in vain."

4. "Take one day of complete rest each week, in honor of God."

5. "Honor your father and your mother."

6. "Do not commit murder."

7. "Do not commit adultery."

8. "Do not steal."

9. "Do not tell lies against anyone."

10. "Do not covet other people's
possessions."

C. The Golden Rule

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

II. The Other Commandments Of Jesus

1. "FORGIVE EVERYBODY OF ALL THEIR OFFENSES AGAINST YOU." (Forgive, and
be forgiven.)

2. "YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN."

3. "ABIDE IN ME, AND LET ME ABIDE IN YOU."

4. "LET PEOPLE SEE YOUR GOOD WORKS." (Do not hide your light under a
basket.)

5. "END DISPUTES QUICKLY." (And take to your "problem to the person!!!
Not to everybody else!)

6. "WHATEVER CAUSES YOU TO SIN, GET RID OF IT."

7. "DO NOT SWEAR OATHS AT ALL."

8. "DO NOT RETURN OFFENSE FOR OFFENSE." (Turn the other cheek.)

9. "GIVE WHAT PEOPLE ASK OF YOU, AND GIVE MORE THAN IS REQUIRED." (Go
the extra mile.)

10. "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES AND THOSE WHO WORK AGAINST YOU."

11. "GIVE TO THE POOR TO PLEASE GOD, NOT TO GAIN APPROVAL FROM OTHER
PEOPLE."

12. "PRAY PRIVATELY AND SIMPLY, NOT TO IMPRESS OTHER PEOPLE."

13. "MAKE YOUR PRAYERS BE LIKE THE LORD'S PRAYER."

14. "WHEN YOU FAST, DO IT SECRETLY, NOT FOR SHOW."

15. "STORE UP YOUR TREASURES IN HEAVEN, NOT ON EARTH."

16. "DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR MATERIAL NEEDS."

17. "DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE."

18. "MAKE GOD YOUR HIGHEST PRIORITY, AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF ALL YOUR
NEEDS."

19. "DO NOT JUDGE OTHER PEOPLE." (Judge not, lest ye be judged.)

20. "DO NOT GIVE HOLY THINGS TO DOGS OR CAST YOUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE."

21. "ASK GOD FOR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO HAVE." (Seek, and ye shall find.)

22. "FEED THE HUNGRY, CLOTHE THE NAKED, SHELTER THE HOMELESS, COMFORT
THOSE IN DISTRESS."

23. "FOLLOW THE NARROW PATH TO LIFE." (Enter by the narrow gate.)

24. "BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS."

25. "EXERCISE POWER OVER UNCLEAN SPIRITS."

26. "LOVE LITTLE CHILDREN, DO NOT DESPISE THEM."

27. "DO NOT TAKE THE TITLES 'MASTER' OR 'FATHER' FOR YOURSELF."

28. "RESOLVE DISPUTES IN AN ORDERLY WAY, LIKE THIS . . . "

29. "DO NOT OPPOSE OTHER BELIEVERS IN CHRIST WHO ARE NOT IN YOUR
GROUP." (stop denomination bashing!)

30. "HAVE TOTAL FAITH IN GOD FOR EVERYTHING."

31. "BE LIKE THE GOOD SAMARITAN." (Go, and do likewise.)

32. "LOVE OTHER PEOPLE AS I HAVE LOVED YOU"

33. "EAT BREAD AND DRINK WINE IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

34. "WASH ONE ANOTHER'S FEET."

35. "BE MERCIFUL."

36. "GO AND TEACH ALL NATIONS."

37. "KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS."

38. "BE PREPARED FOR YOUR MASTER TO RETURN."

Details Of The Commandments Of Jesus

The Universal Moral Law

This is the Universal Moral Law regarding your relationship with your
Creator and with all other people on Earth. This law now applies to all
people in all situations, regardless of whatever name they vall God by .

There are three parts to the Universal Moral Law . . .

1. The Law Of Love

2. The Ten Commandments

3. The Golden Rule

THE LAW OF LOVE

"First, love God your Creator more than anything else. Then, love all
other people the same as you love yourself."

(Based on Matthew 22:35-40, restated in Mark 12:28-31 and Luke 10:25-28.
The idea of all people as neighbors is explained in Luke 10:29-37)

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great
commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38 KJV)

"And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (Matthew
22:39-40 KJV)

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

Throughout the Old Testament, there are hundreds of "commandments,"
covering all parts of life. Collectively, these make up "the Law" of the
Old Covenant.

However, one group of commandments is very special, and it is known as
"the 10 Commandments." The Book of Exodus records that the Ten
Commandments were given directky to Moses by God, written io tablets
stone, and given to all people forever. The people of Israel placed The
Ten Commandments first, separate and distinct above all others.

Most of The Law of the Old Covenant no longer applies to Christians under
the New Covenant (See Hebrews 8:13, etc.) However, the Ten Commandments
still apply, because they were ratified by Jesus in Mark 10:19 and Luke
18:20 when He said, "You know the Commandments."

The Ten Commandments are given in two different places in the Bible, once
in Exodus 20:1-17 and once in Deuteronomy 5:6-22. The content is the
basically same in both places.

Here is the modern restatement of The Ten Commandments. After this is the
translation of the original text.

The Ten Commandments: Modern Restatement

1. "Do not put anything ahead of God your Creator."

2. "Do not make or worship idols."

3. "Do not take the name of God in vain."

4. "Take one day of complete rest each week, in honor of God."

5. "Honor your father and your mother."

6. "Do not commit murder."

7. "Do not commit adultery."

8. "Do not steal."

9. "Do not tell lies against anyone."

10. "Do not covet other people's possessions."

(Based on Exodus 20:1-17, restated in Deuteronomy 5:6-22. Jesus did not
specifically restate commandments 2, 3, 4 or 10, but it was understood
that He endorsed and followed all of the Ten Commandments.)

EXODUS 20:1-17 (KJV)

The Ten Commandments

1 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt,
out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any
thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is
in the water under the earth
.

NOTE: "Graven images" here means idols, that is things which wee not such
the representations of the Deity, but the Deity Himself/Herself. It
certainly did not/does not mean all drawings or statues, as some have
mistakenly believed. If statues were prohibited, then the two angel
statues on the Ark Of The Covenant would have been prohibited. (See Exodus
25:18-20)

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD
thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the
children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my
commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD
will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou
shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy
manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is
within thy gates: 11

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in
them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the
sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the
land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

NOTE: This clearly was a prohibition against private killing, not against
killing in war, in self defense, or as punishment for breaking the law.
God specifically authorized killing in war (see Deuteronomy 7:2, etc.) and
killing as punishment for certain crimes (see Deuteronomy 13:9, etc.

Today meany Christians and Jews agree that at the very least, this command
forbids murder, but there is a wide variety of opinion regarding war,
capitial punishment, and/or self defense.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy
neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor
his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

THE GOLDEN RULE

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

(Based on Matthew 7:12, restated in Luke 6:31)

" "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do
ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12
KJV)

The Other Commandments Of Jesus

1. "FORGIVE EVERYBODY OF ALL THEIR OFFENSES AGAINST YOU." (Forgive, and be
forgiven.)

As you forgive other people, God will forgive you.

"And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." (Matthew 6:12 KJV)
"And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that
your Father also which in heaven may forgive you your trespasses." "But if
ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive
your trespasses." (Mark 11:25-26 KJV)

2. "YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN."

Simply put, accepting Christ as Savior, and being baptized is being born
again. It can also mean, that if you were baptized as a child, raised as a
Christian, but only when you became an adult did you make a choice to be a
Christian, well then you've been born again.

"Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." (John 3:7 KJV)

3. "ABIDE IN ME, AND LET ME ABIDE IN YOU."

When you accept Jesus and the grace of God into your life, and you committ
to living you life in partnership with Christ, then Jesus abides in you.

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." (John
15:4 KJV)

4. "LET PEOPLE SEE YOUR GOOD WORKS." (Do not hide your light under a basket.)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see see your good
works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16 KJV; see
also Matthew 5:15)

5. "END DISPUTES QUICKLY."

This important!!! Failure to end "disputes quickly can not only get you in
trouble (legal or otherwise). Failure to end disputes, clear the air,
resolve problems can let feelings fester, making forgiveness and healing
impossible.

"Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that
thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the
altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come
and offer thy gift.Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in
the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the
judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into
prison." (Matthew 5:23-25 KJV)

6. "WHATEVER CAUSES YOU TO SIN, GET RID OF IT."

"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee:
for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and
not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. "And if thy right hand
offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for
thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body
should be cast into hell." (Matthew 5:29-30 KJV)

7. "DO NOT SWEAR OATHS AT ALL."

"But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's
throne:

"Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it
is the city of the great King.

"Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one
hair white or black.

"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more
than these cometh of evil."
(Matthew 5:34-37 KJV)

8. "DO NOT RETURN OFFENSE FOR OFFENSE." (Turn the other cheek.)

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for
a tooth: "But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall
smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew
5:38-39 KJV)

9. "GIVE WHAT PEOPLE ASK OF YOU, AND GIVE MORE THAN IS REQUIRED." (Go the
extra mile.)

"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him
have thy cloak also. "And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go
with him twain. "Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would
borrow of thee turn not thou away." (Matthew 5:40-42 KJV)

10. "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES AND THOSE WHO WORK AGAINST YOU."

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good
to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and
persecute you;

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he
maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on
the just and on the unjust." (Matthew 5:43-45 KJV)

11. "GIVE TO THE POOR TO PLEASE GOD, NOT TO GAIN APPROVAL FROM OTHER PEOPLE."

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them:
otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew
6:1 KJV)

12. "PRAY PRIVATELY AND SIMPLY, NOT TO IMPRESS OTHER PEOPLE."

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they
love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets,
that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their
reward.

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast
shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which
seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they
think that they shall be heard for their much speaking." (Matthew 6:5-7
KJV)

13. "MAKE YOUR PRAYERS BE LIKE THE LORD'S PRAYER."

" After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done in earth,
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom,
And the power,
And the glory,
For ever.

Amen."

(Matthew 6:9-15 KJV)

Note that that the major elements of praye are covered in this model Jesus
left for us: Adoration, Confession. Thanksgiving, and Supplication!!!

14. "WHEN YOU FAST, DO IT SECRETLY, NOT FOR SHOW."

" Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance:
for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast.
Verily I say unto you, They have their reward." (Matthew 6:16)

15. "STORE UP YOUR TREASURES IN HEAVEN, NOT ON EARTH."

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth
corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor
rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Matthew 6:19-21)

16. "DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR MATERIAL NEEDS."

"Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall
eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.
Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor
gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much
better than they?" (Matthew 6:25-26 KJV)

17. "DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE."

That may seem strange, but considering the level of stress that Americans
live under, this certainly makes sense.

This doesn't mean that one shouldn't budget, plan for a vacation.....but
simply that one should not be caught up in such things to the exclusion of
the NOW.

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take
thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil
thereof." (Matthew 6:34 KJV)

18. "MAKE GOD YOUR HIGHEST PRIORITY, AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF ALL YOUR NEEDS."

" But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all
these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33 KJV)

19. "DO NOT JUDGE OTHER PEOPLE." (Judge not, lest ye be judged.)

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.

"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." (Matthew 7:1-2 KJV)

20. "DO NOT GIVE HOLY THINGS TO DOGS OR CAST YOUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE."

This is an example of what this means to me:

There are some people who just won't hear the Good News that's God's love
is inclusive. No matter what you say, or how you live, they will insist on
being bigots. (Some say Fred Phelps may change someday for example)

Stop wasting your time on them!!!

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls
before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and
rend you." (Matthew 7:6 KJV)

21. "ASK GOD FOR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO HAVE." (Seek, and ye shall find.)

Keep in mind tho, that sometimes God says no. When its not in God's will,
when it will hurt you, when what you ask could harm someone else, God will
say no.

But...if you don't ask, you can't get ANY answer!!

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it
shall be opened unto you:" (Matthew 7:7 KJV)

22. "FEED THE HUNGRY, CLOTHE THE NAKED, SHELTER THE HOMELESS, COMFORT
THOSE IN DISTRESS."

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of
my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the
world:

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me
drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

"Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison,
and ye came unto me."

(Matthew 25:34-36 KJV)

23. "FOLLOW THE NARROW PATH TO LIFE." (Enter by the narrow gate.)

The wide gate is the gate you simply stumble through, when you are not
paying attention.

Accepting or engaging in homophobia, racism,classism, ageism, nationalism,
homophobia, and sexism is the way "the wide gate". Being apathetic is also
the way of the "wide gate"...

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the
way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto
life, and few there be that find it." (Matthew 7:13-14 KJV)

24. "BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS."

Can we say Exodus International? World Church of the Creator? Christian
Identity?

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but
inwardly they are ravening wolves." (Matthew 7:15 KJV)

25. "EXERCISE POWER OVER UNCLEAN SPIRITS."

Do something to comfort people, help people, get then the help they need....

"And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power
against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of
sickness and all manner of disease." (Matthew 10:1 KJV)

"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils:
freely ye have received, freely give." (Matthew 10:8 KJV)

26. "LOVE LITTLE CHILDREN, DO NOT DESPISE THEM."

"Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto
you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father
which is in heaven." (Matthew 18:10 KJV)

27. "DO NOT TAKE THE TITLES 'MASTER' OR 'FATHER' FOR YOURSELF."

"But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master,
even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one
is your Father, which is in heaven.

"Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master,
even Christ.

"But he that is greatest among you shall be your
servant.

"And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased;
and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."

(Matthew 23:8-12 KJV)

28. "RESOLVE DISPUTES IN AN ORDERLY WAY, LIKE THIS . . . "

"Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee,
go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone:
if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

"But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one
or two more, that in the mouth of two or three
witnesses every word may be established.

"And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto
the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let
him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican."

(Matthew 18:15-17 KJV)

29. "DO NOT OPPOSE OTHER BELIEVERS IN CHRIST WHO ARE NOT IN YOUR GROUP."
.....that is stop "denomination" bashing!!!

"And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in
thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth
not us.

"But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a
miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

"For he that is not against us is on our part." (Mark 9:38-40 KJV)

30. "HAVE TOTAL FAITH IN GOD FOR EVERYTHING."

"And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain,
Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his
heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to
pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray,
believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." (Mark 11:22-24 KJV)

31. "BE LIKE THE GOOD SAMARITAN." (Go, and do likewise.)

"Then Jesus said unto him, Go, and do thou likewise." (Luke 10:37b KJV)

This was in reference to the Parable Of The Good Samaritan, who helped and
took care of a man who had been attacked by robbers. (See Luke 10:30-35)
His hearers considered Samaritans worse than Gentiles, unlean and unworthy
of God's love.

32. "LOVE OTHER PEOPLE AS I HAVE LOVED YOU"

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."
(John 15:12 KJV)

33. "EAT BREAD AND DRINK WINE IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them,
saying, This is my body which is given for you: do this in remembrance of
me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new
testament in my blood, which is shed for you." (Luke 22:19-20 KJV)

34. "WASH ONE ANOTHER'S FEET."

The full meaning of this dramatic command is for us to care for each
other's needs as if they were our own. He also wants us literally to wash
each other's feet.

"If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to
wash one another's feet." (John 13:14 KJV)

35. "BE MERCIFUL."

"Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." (Luke 6:36
KJV) " . . . for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." (Luke
6:35b KJV)

36. "GO AND TEACH ALL NATIONS."

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the
Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe
all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway,
even unto the end of the world." (Matthew 28:19-20 KJV)

37. "KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS."

"If you love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15 KJV)

38. "BE PREPARED FOR YOUR MASTER TO RETURN."

"Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye
think not." (Luke 12:40 KJV)

The Law of Moses or the Law of Jesus?

To a very large extent, the choice is up to each and every person:

One can decide that's God's grace is too easy, that the way Jesus is
insufficent fo salvation, and try to live under the Law, which the Gospels
record even Jesus did not do.

OR

One can accept the fact that:

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it
is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any person should boast.....13 But
now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the
blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath
broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished
in his flesh the enmity, even the Law of commandments contained in
ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby:" Ephesians 2:8-9, 13-16 KJV)

Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian
http://Rainbow-Christian.tk

The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay
http://Ninure-Saunders.tk

My Polling Place
http://ninure.100megsfree5.com

My Yahoo Group
http://Ninure.tk

My Online Diary
http://www.ninure.deardiary.net
-
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
http://www.MCCchurch.org

To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

Jesus said:

[...]

Jude & Sandra
2004-07-01 11:40:31 EST
"martus" <marttila69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> FAITH UNDER FIRE
> Hate-crimes law
> worries pastors
> Some consider liability insurance
> to cover pulpit remarks

------
> 1:00 a.m. Eastern
>
> \ufffd 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
>
> A religious liberty group is trying to reassure Pennsylvania pastors
> who fear they could face prosecution under a new law if they preach
> against homosexuality.
>
> The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty sent a letter [Requires pdf
> viewer] to 9,000 houses of worship across the state June 18 after a
> hate-crimes law was amended to add "sexual orientation" and "gender
> identity" as motives that trigger heavier penalties for the crime of
> "harassment."
>
> "It is a measure of our times that religious leaders have lately
> considered taking out liability insurance to cover remarks made from
> the pulpit," said Becket Fund President Kevin J. Hasson.
>

> Of particular concern to pastors is the amendment's expansion of the
> definition of "harassment" to include "harassment by communication" -
> which means one could be convicted on the basis of spoken words alone.
>
> "Although legislators expressly disavowed the motive at the time, one
> might be forgiven the impression that one purpose of this legislation
> was to generate a fear of prosecution among those who would preach and
> teach in favor of the traditional prohibition on homosexual behavior -
> a teaching so common to so many faiths," Hasson noted.
>
> However, the Becket Fund's letter explained to clergy that the new law
> should not deter them from preaching against homosexual conduct.
>
> The group says that although the language of the law appears to cover
> preaching from the pulpit, it is unlikely to be applied that way.
>
> The Becket Fund also offered to help ministers threatened with such
> prosecution.
>
> "We will defend, free of charge, anything said from the pulpit,
> conservative or liberal, wisdom or nonsense, so long as it is a
> religious message given in good faith," Hasson declared.
>
> As WorldNetDaily reported, Canada recently added sexual orientation as
> a protected category in its genocide and hate-crimes legislation,
> which carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.
>
> Opponents fear the Bible will be regarded as "hate literature" under
> the criminal code in certain instances, as evidenced by the case of a
> Saskatchewan man fined by a provincial human-rights tribunal for
> taking out a newspaper ad with Scripture references to verses about
> homosexuality.
>

> 'Bible as hate speech' signed into law
>
> 'Bible as hate speech' author admits stealing
>
> 'Bible as hate speech' bill passes
>
> 'Bible verses regarded as hate literature

First of all, the lawmakers and givers, ALREADY recognize different
extenuating circumstances within violence crime, such as murder1,
manslaughter, etc. There are also, aggravating circumstances within a crime
that can and WILL attribute to more "time" given a criminal, depending on
what theose aggravating circumstances are. So, having a hate crime given
some stature under the law has viable predasessors. When a person kills
another person UNPROVOKED (hate crime), to me, should be given extra
consideration. It's the difference between so-called cold and hot blooded
murder. We instinctively understand that people who commit so-called cold
blooded murder have a deeper damaged psyhie and SHOULD be put away forever
if not executed. I can, as well as most people, imagine killing someone to
save myself or my loved one but I CAN'T, as well as most others, image
killing someone for something I don't like/hate about them.

As far as ministers being afraid of law suits against them for speaking out
against "homosexuality." THAT in and of itself is mis-leading. The
ministers I have hard for many years speak in very foul and hateful
terminology against homosexuals - people (and NOT the sin they believe the
people are committing). They reserve the most damming and ill speak against
PEOPLE, not the sin they believe the people are committing. PLUS, I don't
hear (usually) the same ministers getting anywhere near as angry and free
mongering as they do when they speak of other "sins" of the people.

I, for one, am GLAD they're afraid. They need to wake up as well as grow
up. When a minister or a person speaks against what they think is the SIN
of homosexuality then they better start ACTING like a Christian and make
sure the people they speak to understand that they don't advocate violence
or personal attacks, either physical or verbal, against gays.

Minister's favorite word is abomination when they refer to homosexuals AS IF
it is the ONLY word used to describe ONLY homosexuals in the bible. THE
HYPOCRISY IS OVERWHELMING!!! What they fail to add is ALL the things listed
as abominable offenses in the bible are:

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 3
"31": Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways. "32": For
the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the
righteous.

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 6
"16": These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination
unto him: "17": A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent
blood, "18": An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift
in running to mischief, "19": A false witness that speaketh lies, and he
that soweth discord among brethren.

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 11
"1": A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his
delight.
"20": They that are of a froward heart are abomination to the LORD: but such
as are upright in their way are his delight.

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 12
"22": Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are
his delight.

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 15
"8": The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the
prayer of the upright is his delight.
"26": The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the
words of the pure are pleasant words.

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 16
"5": Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though
hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 17
"15": He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even
they both are abomination to the LORD.

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 20
"10": Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike
abomination to the LORD.
"23": Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance
is not good.

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 21
"27": The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more, when he
bringeth it with a wicked mind?

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 26
"25": When he speaketh fair, believe him not: for there are seven
abominations in his heart.

PROVERBS, CHAPTER 28
"9": He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer
shall be abomination.

DEUTERONOMY, CHAPTER 7
"25": The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt
not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest
thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God.

DEUTEROMONY, CHAPTER 17
"1": Thou shalt not sacrifice unto the LORD thy God any bullock, or sheep,
wherein is blemish, or any evilfavouredness: for that is an abomination unto
the LORD thy God.

DEUTERONOMY, CHAPTER 22
"5": The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither
shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination
unto the LORD thy God.

DEUTERONOMY, CHAPTER 23
"18": Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into
the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are
abomination unto the LORD thy God.

DEUTERONOMY, CHAPTER 24
"4": Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be
his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the
LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God
giveth thee for an inheritance.

DEUTERONOMY, CHAPTER 25
"15": But thou shalt have a perfect and just weight, a perfect and just
measure shalt thou have: that thy days may be lengthened in the land which
the LORD thy God giveth thee. "16": For all that do such things, and all
that do unrighteously, are an abomination unto the LORD thy God.

LEVITICUS, CHAPTER 7
"18": And if any of the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings be
eaten at all on the third day, it shall not be accepted, neither shall it be
imputed unto him that offereth it: it shall be an abomination, and the soul
that eateth of it shall bear his iniquity.

LEVITICUS, CHAPTER 11
"10": And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers,
of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the
waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: "11": They shall be even an
abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have
their carcases in abomination. "12": Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in
the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. "13": And these are
they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be
eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the
ospray,
20": All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto
you. "21": Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth
upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the
earth; "22": Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and
the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the
grasshopper after his kind. "23": But all other flying creeping things,
which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.
"41": And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an
abomination; it shall not be eaten. "42": Whatsoever goeth upon the belly,
and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all
creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they
are an abomination.

LEVITICUS, CHAPTER 18
"22": Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

ISAIAH, CHAPTER 1
"13": Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the
new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is
iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

ISAIAH, CHAPTER 66
"3": He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a
lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he
offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol.
Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their
abominations.
"17": They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens
behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and
the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

(snipped original bible verses by original poster)

Jude & Sandra
2004-07-01 11:43:05 EST
My spelling is terrible!!! Isn't there a spelling check function on Outlook
Express. Is there anybody out there who knows how to activate it?

Walksalone
2004-07-01 12:17:17 EST
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:43:05 -0500, Jude & Sandra wrote:

> My spelling is terrible!!! Isn't there a spelling check function on Outlook
> Express. Is there anybody out there who knows how to activate it?

Better yet.
http://nonags.com

select free to all, Florida if that is closest

scroll down & find news readers.

Get a good newsreader & not a security breech magnet.

I am testing dialog, which does have a spell checker & can be moved around
as needed without messing things up.

HTH

walksalone who could tell you how much he dislikes microdaft products, were
he to outlive the universe.

Robert D. De Mars
2004-07-01 12:25:49 EST
Jude & Sandra wrote:

> My spelling is terrible!!! Isn't there a spelling check function on Outlook
> Express. Is there anybody out there who knows how to activate it?

As with just about every M$ prg that has a spell check
function.....

Easiest is to simply press the [F7] key
or
'Tools' & 'spell checking'
when you are ready to check spelling.

Now that you know this, I recommend you do not use M$
outlook express, M$ outlook, or M$ as an operating
system at all.

M$ is Satan's Operating System.

End Communication...

Robert De Mars

--
===========================
http://b-o-b.homelinux.com

Jude & Sandra
2004-07-01 12:46:15 EST
To both "walksalone" and Robert... thanks.

"walksalone" <spam@fcc.gov> wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:43:05 -0500, Jude & Sandra wrote:
>
> > My spelling is terrible!!! Isn't there a spelling check function on
Outlook
> > Express. Is there anybody out there who knows how to activate it?
>
> Better yet.
> http://nonags.com
>
> select free to all, Florida if that is closest
>
> scroll down & find news readers.
>
> Get a good newsreader & not a security breech magnet.
>
> I am testing dialog, which does have a spell checker & can be moved around
> as needed without messing things up.
>
> HTH
>
> walksalone who could tell you how much he dislikes microdaft products,
were
> he to outlive the universe.

John Watson
2004-07-01 14:19:25 EST

"martus" <marttila69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> FAITH UNDER FIRE
> Hate-crimes law
> worries pastors
> Some consider liability insurance
> to cover pulpit remarks
>
> > 'Bible as hate speech' signed into law
>
> 'Bible as hate speech' author admits stealing
>
> 'Bible as hate speech' bill passes
>
> 'Bible verses regarded as hate literature

Well that's good, those that preach hate from the pulpit should be held
accountable.

John

John Watson
2004-07-01 14:21:08 EST

"Jude & Sandra" <Judsan@somewhere.usa> wrote in message
> My spelling is terrible!!! Isn't there a spelling check function on
> Outlook
> Express. Is there anybody out there who knows how to activate it?

I do, but I am not going to tell you! <G>

You need to have a dictionary that it can reference, such as the one in MS
Word.

John