Bible Discussion: The "lavender Mafia" In Action

The "lavender Mafia" In Action

El Dios Es Mi Juez
2004-06-26 07:19:40 EST
Seminarians who accept the Church's teaching on sexual morality have not
only been dismissed from seminary as "troublemakers," they have also been
threatened by classmates and faculty, especially in religious houses, that
if they did not submit to homosexuality -- to espouse and defend homosexual
acts, if not take part in them -- their priestly careers would be in
jeopardy.

http://www.bereanpublishers.co.nz/Cults/The%20Roman%20Catholic%20Church/goodbye_good_men.htm

Bob
2004-06-26 11:05:01 EST

"El dios es mi juez" <Proteja@El dios es mi juez.jc> wrote in message
> Seminarians who accept the Church's teaching on sexual morality have not
> only been dismissed from seminary as "troublemakers," they have also been
> threatened by classmates and faculty, especially in religious houses, that
> if they did not submit to homosexuality -- to espouse and defend
homosexual
> acts, if not take part in them -- their priestly careers would be in
> jeopardy.

I was told by one of the priests who tried to seduce me that it is
common practice for the priests to have sex with each other and that they
all take a vow of 'celibacy', which means to remain unmarried, but NOT a vow
of 'chastity' which means abstention from sex. They fulfill their vows quite
well.

http://www.bereanpublishers.co.nz/Cults/The%20Roman%20Catholic%20Church/good
bye_good_men.htm

• R.L.Measures
2004-06-26 12:01:27 EST
In article <xggDc.28472$Y3.17609@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Bob"
<*b@bob.bob> wrote:

> "El dios es mi juez" <Proteja@El dios es mi juez.jc> wrote in message
> > Seminarians who accept the Church's teaching on sexual morality have not
> > only been dismissed from seminary as "troublemakers," they have also been
> > threatened by classmates and faculty, especially in religious houses, that
> > if they did not submit to homosexuality -- to espouse and defend
> homosexual
> > acts, if not take part in them -- their priestly careers would be in
> > jeopardy.
>
> I was told by one of the priests who tried to seduce me that it is
> common practice for the priests to have sex with each other and that they
> all take a vow of 'celibacy', which means to remain unmarried, but NOT a vow
> of 'chastity' which means abstention from sex. They fulfill their vows quite
> well.

\ufffd As I understand it, the priestly vow of chastity only covers having sex
with females. This makes sense since it would seem that having sex with
another male would be less sinful than possibly bringing a fatherless
child into the world. As to why the Roman church is opposed to gay
legal-unions is a puzzle.

--
\ufffd R.L. Measures, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

Gabby
2004-06-26 12:29:38 EST

"Bob" <bob@bob.bob> wrote in message
> they
> all take a vow of 'celibacy', which means to remain unmarried, but NOT a
vow
> of 'chastity' which means abstention from sex.

To the Church, chastity doesn't only mean 'abstention from sex' since
married people are also called upon to be 'chaste'. And as far as celibacy
goes, the first definition in the Webster's dictionary is "abstention from
sexual relations" and Britannica online defines it as "the deliberate
abstinence from sexual activity, usually in connection with a religious role
or practice".

If a priest did, in fact tell you the above, he was seriously bullshitting
you.

Gabby

Tommy Heinzel
2004-06-26 13:27:15 EST
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:19:40 +1200, "El dios es mi juez" <Proteja@El
dios es mi juez.jc> wrote:

>Seminarians who accept the Church's teaching on sexual morality have not
>only been dismissed from seminary as "troublemakers," they have also been
>threatened by classmates and faculty, especially in religious houses, that
>if they did not submit to homosexuality -- to espouse and defend homosexual
>acts, if not take part in them -- their priestly careers would be in
>jeopardy.

New Zealand does not have a Roman Catholic state church, correct? So
what is wrong with a private organization thinning it's ranks of
people who do not share the company policy? They can always break away
and form their own denomination. This is not religious persecution.

Tommy Heinzel
2004-06-26 13:28:22 EST
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:01:27 -0700, r@somis.org (• R.L.Measures)
wrote:

>• As I understand it, the priestly vow of chastity only covers having sex
>with females. This makes sense since it would seem that having sex with
>another male would be less sinful than possibly bringing a fatherless
>child into the world.

What about contraception?

• R.L.Measures
2004-06-26 17:46:03 EST
In article <jhcrd0tvgqn5pd09ua7db411c9dk7nva03@4ax.com>, Tommy Heinzel
<*z@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:01:27 -0700, r@somis.org (\ufffd R.L.Measures)
> wrote:
>
> >\ufffd As I understand it, the priestly vow of chastity only covers having sex
> >with females. This makes sense since it would seem that having sex with
> >another male would be less sinful than possibly bringing a fatherless
> >child into the world.
>
> What about contraception?

\ufffd The Church teaches that contraception is murder in the first degree.

--
\ufffd R.L. Measures, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

Tommy Heinzel
2004-06-26 20:17:36 EST
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:46:03 -0700, r@somis.org (• R.L.Measures)
wrote:

>• The Church teaches that contraception is murder in the first degree.

Then so masturbation, right? Shouldn't we be putting all women to
death who have their period?

• R.L.Measures
2004-06-26 23:17:39 EST
In article <qf4sd0hfisa08g321rjfa3rgfaln5jor6b@4ax.com>, Tommy Heinzel
<*z@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:46:03 -0700, r@somis.org (\ufffd R.L.Measures)
> wrote:
>
> >\ufffd The Church teaches that contraception is murder in the first degree.
>
> Then so masturbation, right?

\ufffd no

--
\ufffd R.L. Measures, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

Bob
2004-06-26 23:29:44 EST

". R.L.Measures" <r@somis.org> wrote in message
> In article <xggDc.28472$Y3.17609@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Bob"
> <bob@bob.bob> wrote:
>
> > "El dios es mi juez" <Proteja@El dios es mi juez.jc> wrote in message
> > > Seminarians who accept the Church's teaching on sexual morality have
not
> > > only been dismissed from seminary as "troublemakers," they have also
been
> > > threatened by classmates and faculty, especially in religious houses,
that
> > > if they did not submit to homosexuality -- to espouse and defend
> > homosexual
> > > acts, if not take part in them -- their priestly careers would be in
> > > jeopardy.
> >
> > I was told by one of the priests who tried to seduce me that it is
> > common practice for the priests to have sex with each other and that
they
> > all take a vow of 'celibacy', which means to remain unmarried, but NOT a
vow
> > of 'chastity' which means abstention from sex. They fulfill their vows
quite
> > well.

YOU WERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION. THEY DO =NOT= TAKE A VOW OF
CHASTITY!!!!!!
CHASTITY IS =NOT= CELIBACY!!!