Bible Discussion: He Is The Lord Of The Seventh Day Lord Day Of Rest

He Is The Lord Of The Seventh Day Lord Day Of Rest
Posts: 9

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Anonymous
2004-06-25 16:41:23 EST
24 June 2004

Dear Sir and Brethren in our Lord Jesus Christ's Name,

My Lord God of the seventh day Lord day of rest has given to me to
give this gift to you, and as His servant, I do so.

It was He, my Lord of the seventh Lord day of rest who sanctified and
hallowed the seventh day. Genesis 2:1 to 2.

He later stood before Moses and wrote His Royal Law including the
commandment to keep His seventh day Lord day of rest. Exodus 31:18.

Then before His disciples and others, He kept the Royal Law (the 10
commandments) He wrote before Moses.

And He is the Lord of the seventh day Lord day of rest. Matthew 12:8
and Luke 6:5.

All His people were sabbath keepers of the seventh Lord day of rest.
He stated, If you do love me as your Lord, then you too will rest upon
my seventh Lord day of rest, John 14:15, in obedience to call me Lord,
Luke 6:46.

Now why do people relate to the first day of the week which is sun god
worship day as the Lord day of rest? It was given to be by emperor
constantine who created another Lord day of rest led by a satanic
spirit to fulfill Daniel 7:25. He, emperor constantine, sent out
soldiers all over Rome to put on stakes all the sabbath keeping Jewish
persons and all the early Christians who also were seventh day Lord
day of rest people. Then he sent his army to all the countries to the
east to kill all the pastors, priests and brethren who followed John,
Peter and Paul as seventh day Lord day of rest people, so that then
all the churches were perverted to keep emperor constantine's sun god
worship day as His Lord day of rest. And they, the churches, do follow
the tradition of this man emperor constantine in vain as written,
Matthew 15:3 to 9. And they do teach their flocks to do also so as to
be of them written, Matthew 5:17 to 20.

For what is sin? Why it is written in I John 3:4.

Royal Law breakers are of them written in II Thessalonians 2:10 to 11,
who are the brethren who do not want to seek the truth over this
matter. So they are on that broad path down to hell as a Royal Law
breaker. Sadly, hell is getting bigger for you all. Isaiah 5:13 to 16.

Well, He, our Lord of the seventh day Lord day of rest, has sent us to
warn you. But most do not want to hear, much less change. So He allows
us all to make a choice to where we will go soon. Hebrews 10:26.

You know, Israel had left Egypt by the million or so, but sadly they
became law breakers too. So the Lord rejected them to enter His
Promise Land of rest, Hebrews 4:1 to 12, for their rebellion except
for two men who obeyed Him and the young people later.

Jude 5 to 6.

It is sad. There were a great multitude of angelic persons in heaven
that rebelled with satan so as to be tossed out as written in
Revelation 12:7-8-9. It was for their rebellion to not obey their God
Creator's authority, Matthew 28:18, Ephesians 1:22, and to let satan
deceive them and lead them into rebellion. Well, that's what emperor
constantine did too, to change the Royal Law of our God Creator so as
to lead billions upon billions into rebellion even this day.

He will gather only less than 2% or less when He calls His very elect
chosen and faithful away in the first resurrection as written in
Revelation 20:6, 12, who are the real saints of the Lord as written to
be called to Him above, Revelation 12:14 to 17 and Revelation 14:1 to
12. They are Royal Law keepers (or ten commandment keepers) and have
the faith of their Lord Jesus Christ to keep His seventh day Lord day
of rest as He did, in action, as His disciples did.

He did not change His Lord day of rest on His hallowed and sanctified
seventh day Lord day of rest. Hebrews 4:8. The apostate churches did.

Seek the truth while yet He is near to call from above, Daniel 12:1, I
Thessalonians 4:16 to 18. You do not want to be rejected so as to be
left here with a whole earth full of rebellious people and their
father the devil who will soon be here to take charge of a whole earth
full of Royal Law breakers, while the real bride of Christ Jesus has
been of them rewarded to be taken as written in Revelation 22:11 to
12. And He will come quickly, as a thief in a world full of darkness,
spiritually that is, with no light of the truth in those that perish
as written in His Word, Revelation 18:23 to 24.

Why it is liken to the days of Noah as written, Matthew 24:37 to 38,
Luke 17:30 to 37. The whole earth's religions are coming to be as one
apostate one world religion of many gods to worship together whose
head is the false prophet of the vatican roma which is the great whore
of Revelation 17:1 to 18.

So as written, Revelation 18:4, Come out from these Royal Law
breakers. Be you separate as strangers or pilgrims as written, I Peter
2:5 to 11, ready to be called away very soon in a moment of time,
Romans 8:11, 29, and to be in a moment of time, I Corinthians 15:50 to
54, in the first resurrection of the justified by their faith they do
live, Hebrews 10:35 to 39, until He calls, through trials of your
faith through persecutions and tribulation you go through to come out
as pure gold before Him, your heavenly Father, to hear Him say,

COME, GOOD AND FAITHFUL INTO MY HEAVENLY REST
AS A ROYAL LAW KEEPER.
His Servant,

Elijah

Elijah the Tishbite
PO Box 53702, Main Post Office - Gladstone Street
Limassol CYPRUS 3317

Messages of God servant prophet Elijah are on internet at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TwoOliveTrees/
http://two-olive-trees.org/

Rico
2004-06-26 07:37:33 EST
I don't break the fourth commandment because even thogh I go to church on
sunday, I do not work on the sabbath.
"Anonymous" <wipeout64@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c835bafc.0406251241.6fdc5de4@posting.google.com...
> 24 June 2004
>
> Dear Sir and Brethren in our Lord Jesus Christ's Name,
>
> My Lord God of the seventh day Lord day of rest has given to me to
> give this gift to you, and as His servant, I do so.
>
> It was He, my Lord of the seventh Lord day of rest who sanctified and
> hallowed the seventh day. Genesis 2:1 to 2.
>
> He later stood before Moses and wrote His Royal Law including the
> commandment to keep His seventh day Lord day of rest. Exodus 31:18.
>
> Then before His disciples and others, He kept the Royal Law (the 10
> commandments) He wrote before Moses.
>
> And He is the Lord of the seventh day Lord day of rest. Matthew 12:8
> and Luke 6:5.
>
> All His people were sabbath keepers of the seventh Lord day of rest.
> He stated, If you do love me as your Lord, then you too will rest upon
> my seventh Lord day of rest, John 14:15, in obedience to call me Lord,
> Luke 6:46.
>
> Now why do people relate to the first day of the week which is sun god
> worship day as the Lord day of rest? It was given to be by emperor
> constantine who created another Lord day of rest led by a satanic
> spirit to fulfill Daniel 7:25. He, emperor constantine, sent out
> soldiers all over Rome to put on stakes all the sabbath keeping Jewish
> persons and all the early Christians who also were seventh day Lord
> day of rest people. Then he sent his army to all the countries to the
> east to kill all the pastors, priests and brethren who followed John,
> Peter and Paul as seventh day Lord day of rest people, so that then
> all the churches were perverted to keep emperor constantine's sun god
> worship day as His Lord day of rest. And they, the churches, do follow
> the tradition of this man emperor constantine in vain as written,
> Matthew 15:3 to 9. And they do teach their flocks to do also so as to
> be of them written, Matthew 5:17 to 20.
>
> For what is sin? Why it is written in I John 3:4.
>
> Royal Law breakers are of them written in II Thessalonians 2:10 to 11,
> who are the brethren who do not want to seek the truth over this
> matter. So they are on that broad path down to hell as a Royal Law
> breaker. Sadly, hell is getting bigger for you all. Isaiah 5:13 to 16.
>
> Well, He, our Lord of the seventh day Lord day of rest, has sent us to
> warn you. But most do not want to hear, much less change. So He allows
> us all to make a choice to where we will go soon. Hebrews 10:26.
>
> You know, Israel had left Egypt by the million or so, but sadly they
> became law breakers too. So the Lord rejected them to enter His
> Promise Land of rest, Hebrews 4:1 to 12, for their rebellion except
> for two men who obeyed Him and the young people later.
>
> Jude 5 to 6.
>
> It is sad. There were a great multitude of angelic persons in heaven
> that rebelled with satan so as to be tossed out as written in
> Revelation 12:7-8-9. It was for their rebellion to not obey their God
> Creator's authority, Matthew 28:18, Ephesians 1:22, and to let satan
> deceive them and lead them into rebellion. Well, that's what emperor
> constantine did too, to change the Royal Law of our God Creator so as
> to lead billions upon billions into rebellion even this day.
>
> He will gather only less than 2% or less when He calls His very elect
> chosen and faithful away in the first resurrection as written in
> Revelation 20:6, 12, who are the real saints of the Lord as written to
> be called to Him above, Revelation 12:14 to 17 and Revelation 14:1 to
> 12. They are Royal Law keepers (or ten commandment keepers) and have
> the faith of their Lord Jesus Christ to keep His seventh day Lord day
> of rest as He did, in action, as His disciples did.
>
> He did not change His Lord day of rest on His hallowed and sanctified
> seventh day Lord day of rest. Hebrews 4:8. The apostate churches did.
>
> Seek the truth while yet He is near to call from above, Daniel 12:1, I
> Thessalonians 4:16 to 18. You do not want to be rejected so as to be
> left here with a whole earth full of rebellious people and their
> father the devil who will soon be here to take charge of a whole earth
> full of Royal Law breakers, while the real bride of Christ Jesus has
> been of them rewarded to be taken as written in Revelation 22:11 to
> 12. And He will come quickly, as a thief in a world full of darkness,
> spiritually that is, with no light of the truth in those that perish
> as written in His Word, Revelation 18:23 to 24.
>
> Why it is liken to the days of Noah as written, Matthew 24:37 to 38,
> Luke 17:30 to 37. The whole earth's religions are coming to be as one
> apostate one world religion of many gods to worship together whose
> head is the false prophet of the vatican roma which is the great whore
> of Revelation 17:1 to 18.
>
> So as written, Revelation 18:4, Come out from these Royal Law
> breakers. Be you separate as strangers or pilgrims as written, I Peter
> 2:5 to 11, ready to be called away very soon in a moment of time,
> Romans 8:11, 29, and to be in a moment of time, I Corinthians 15:50 to
> 54, in the first resurrection of the justified by their faith they do
> live, Hebrews 10:35 to 39, until He calls, through trials of your
> faith through persecutions and tribulation you go through to come out
> as pure gold before Him, your heavenly Father, to hear Him say,
>
> COME, GOOD AND FAITHFUL INTO MY HEAVENLY REST
> AS A ROYAL LAW KEEPER.
> His Servant,
>
> Elijah
>
> Elijah the Tishbite
> PO Box 53702, Main Post Office - Gladstone Street
> Limassol CYPRUS 3317
>
> Messages of God servant prophet Elijah are on internet at:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TwoOliveTrees/
> http://two-olive-trees.org/



Paul Laird
2004-06-26 14:13:35 EST

"Anonymous" <wipeout64@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c835bafc.0406251241.6fdc5de4@posting.google.com...
> 24 June 2004
>
> Dear Sir and Brethren in our Lord Jesus Christ's Name,
>
> My Lord God of the seventh day Lord day of rest has given to me to
> give this gift to you, and as His servant, I do so.

Actually, He is the Lord of SEVEN days; every single one of them. Jesus
said, "The seventh day was made for man; not man for the seventh day."

>
> It was He, my Lord of the seventh Lord day of rest who sanctified and
> hallowed the seventh day. Genesis 2:1 to 2.

God sanctified and hallowed every day ALL SEVEN. God wants us the sancfiy,
"set apart" one day for Him. That is the meaning of the seventh day.

>
> He later stood before Moses and wrote His Royal Law including the
> commandment to keep His seventh day Lord day of rest. Exodus 31:18.

In reality, the Hebrew can also be read and interpreted as, "Remember A
seventh day, to keep it set apart to Me."

>
> Then before His disciples and others, He kept the Royal Law (the 10
> commandments) He wrote before Moses.
>
> And He is the Lord of the seventh day Lord day of rest. Matthew 12:8
> and Luke 6:5.

You are "proof-texting", taking one verse out of its contextual setting to
prove something the context does not support. In Matthew 12:1-8 and Luke
6:1-5, Jesus is teaching exactly the opposite of what your are trying to
prove. The Pharisees had taken His disciples to task for "working" on the
seventh day by picking corn to eat. Jesus spoke out against that and said
justified His disciples by saying "The Son of Man is the Lord of the
Sabbath."

>
> All His people were sabbath keepers of the seventh Lord day of rest.
> He stated, If you do love me as your Lord, then you too will rest upon
> my seventh Lord day of rest, John 14:15, in obedience to call me Lord,
> Luke 6:46.

Now you are making things up. John 14:15 speaks nothing of the seventh day.
You really must quit this pulling verses out of context to prove that which
is not supported in the scripture.

>
> Now why do people relate to the first day of the week which is sun god
> worship day as the Lord day of rest? It was given to be by emperor
> constantine who created another Lord day of rest led by a satanic
> spirit to fulfill Daniel 7:25.

Now you're re-writing history. Sunday is simple the name of the day of the
week; translated to English from Latin. It is a name fom Man. God did not
create the first day of the week for the sun. Man, in his ignorance, named
it that. The early Christian church regularly gathered for worship on the
FIRST day of the week. Not because they worshiped the Sun God, but because
they were celebrating the resurrection of the Son of God. It was not
"given" by Emperor Constantine at all and there is no scriptural basis, not
even Daniel 7:25, that supports your silliness.

He, emperor constantine, sent out
> soldiers all over Rome to put on stakes all the sabbath keeping Jewish
> persons and all the early Christians who also were seventh day Lord
> day of rest people. Then he sent his army to all the countries to the
> east to kill all the pastors, priests and brethren who followed John,
> Peter and Paul as seventh day Lord day of rest people, so that then
> all the churches were perverted to keep emperor constantine's sun god
> worship day as His Lord day of rest. And they, the churches, do follow
> the tradition of this man emperor constantine in vain as written,
> Matthew 15:3 to 9. And they do teach their flocks to do also so as to
> be of them written, Matthew 5:17 to 20.

This whole section here is absolutely untrue, a misrepresentation of the
historical record and a fabrication by you to prove that which you know
cannot be proven by scripture. Your entire post is so filled with FALSE
statements, improper use of Biblical truth, and creative reasoning that it
gives headaches to intelligent people. You do not do the Seventh Day
Adventists any favors by trying to support their mis-interpretation of God's
Law with lies and ignorance. You should be ashamed of yourself.




-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Libertarius
2004-06-26 18:43:54 EST


Paul Laird wrote:

> "Anonymous" <wipeout64@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:c835bafc.0406251241.6fdc5de4@posting.google.com...
> > 24 June 2004
> >
> > Dear Sir and Brethren in our Lord Jesus Christ's Name,
> >
> > My Lord God of the seventh day Lord day of rest has given to me to
> > give this gift to you, and as His servant, I do so.
>
> Actually, He is the Lord of SEVEN days; every single one of them. Jesus
> said, "The seventh day was made for man; not man for the seventh day."
>
> >
> > It was He, my Lord of the seventh Lord day of rest who sanctified and
> > hallowed the seventh day. Genesis 2:1 to 2.
>
> God sanctified and hallowed every day ALL SEVEN. God wants us the sancfiy,
> "set apart" one day for Him. That is the meaning of the seventh day.
>
> >
> > He later stood before Moses and wrote His Royal Law including the
> > commandment to keep His seventh day Lord day of rest. Exodus 31:18.
>
> In reality, the Hebrew can also be read and interpreted as, "Remember A
> seventh day, to keep it set apart to Me."
>
> >
> > Then before His disciples and others, He kept the Royal Law (the 10
> > commandments) He wrote before Moses.
> >
> > And He is the Lord of the seventh day Lord day of rest. Matthew 12:8
> > and Luke 6:5.
>
> You are "proof-texting", taking one verse out of its contextual setting to
> prove something the context does not support. In Matthew 12:1-8 and Luke
> 6:1-5, Jesus is teaching exactly the opposite of what your are trying to
> prove. The Pharisees had taken His disciples to task for "working" on the
> seventh day by picking corn to eat. Jesus spoke out against that and said
> justified His disciples by saying "The Son of Man is the Lord of the
> Sabbath."
>
> >
> > All His people were sabbath keepers of the seventh Lord day of rest.
> > He stated, If you do love me as your Lord, then you too will rest upon
> > my seventh Lord day of rest, John 14:15, in obedience to call me Lord,
> > Luke 6:46.
>
> Now you are making things up. John 14:15 speaks nothing of the seventh day.
> You really must quit this pulling verses out of context to prove that which
> is not supported in the scripture.
>
> >
> > Now why do people relate to the first day of the week which is sun god
> > worship day as the Lord day of rest? It was given to be by emperor
> > constantine who created another Lord day of rest led by a satanic
> > spirit to fulfill Daniel 7:25.
>
> Now you're re-writing history. Sunday is simple the name of the day of the
> week; translated to English from Latin. It is a name fom Man. God did not
> create the first day of the week for the sun. Man, in his ignorance, named
> it that. The early Christian church regularly gathered for worship on the
> FIRST day of the week. Not because they worshiped the Sun God, but because
> they were celebrating the resurrection of the Son of God. It was not
> "given" by Emperor Constantine at all and there is no scriptural basis, not
> even Daniel 7:25, that supports your silliness.
>
> He, emperor constantine, sent out
> > soldiers all over Rome to put on stakes all the sabbath keeping Jewish
> > persons and all the early Christians who also were seventh day Lord
> > day of rest people. Then he sent his army to all the countries to the
> > east to kill all the pastors, priests and brethren who followed John,
> > Peter and Paul as seventh day Lord day of rest people, so that then
> > all the churches were perverted to keep emperor constantine's sun god
> > worship day as His Lord day of rest. And they, the churches, do follow
> > the tradition of this man emperor constantine in vain as written,
> > Matthew 15:3 to 9. And they do teach their flocks to do also so as to
> > be of them written, Matthew 5:17 to 20.
>
> This whole section here is absolutely untrue, a misrepresentation of the
> historical record and a fabrication by you to prove that which you know
> cannot be proven by scripture. Your entire post is so filled with FALSE
> statements, improper use of Biblical truth, and creative reasoning that it
> gives headaches to intelligent people. You do not do the Seventh Day
> Adventists any favors by trying to support their mis-interpretation of God's
> Law with lies and ignorance. You should be ashamed of yourself.

===>In fact BOTH of you are correct.
1. The biblical "Sabbath" IS designated as the day of YHWH.
The original Jesus people (NOT "Christians"), were JEWS, who
observed that day according to their laws and traditions.
2. Sunday DID become the day observed by GENTILE Christians
BECAUSE it was the day of the SUN, DIES SOLIS, celebrated by
the Gentiles whose mystery religion was simply transformed by
Saul/Paul and Co. into the Christos Cult.

Curiously, however, while the EXODUS list of Commandments
does dedicate the seventh day Sabbath to the "six-day creation",
Exodus 20:11
"For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth,
the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day.
Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
the other version in DEUTERONOMY dedicates it to the coming
out of Egypt!
Deuteronomy 5:15
"Remember that you were slaves in Egypt
and that the LORD your God brought you out of there
with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.
Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you
to observe the Sabbath day."

So, one might ask WHATFOR did he REALLY make that day
so special???

Was it perhaps because the Sabbath observation was standard practice
among the BABYLONIANS, and after the exile they had to give it a
Jewish justification to keep observing it???

"The Babylon Sabbath-rest was a Babylonian, as well as a Hebrew,
institution. Its origin went back to pre-Semitic days, and the very name,
Sabbat, by which it was known in Hebrew, was of Babylonian origin.
In the cuneiform tablets of the Sabattu is described as a 'day of rest for the
soul,'...
...The Sabbath was also known, at all events in Accadian times, as a 'dies
nefastus,'
a day on which certain work was forbidden to be done, and an old list of
Babylonian
festivals and fast-days tells us that on the seventh, fourteenth, nineteenth,
twenty-first,
and twenty-eighth days each month the Sabbath-rest had to be observed"
(A. H. Sayce, The Higher Criticism and the Monuments, p. 74, 1895).

"Asurbanipal in the seventh century promulgated a calendar with a definite
scheme
of a seven-day week, a regulation of the month by which all men were to rest on
days
7, 14, 19, 21, 28. The old menology of Nisan that made the two days of the dark
moon,
29, 30, rest-days, so that each lunar month had 9 rest-days, on which neither
the sick
could be cured nor a man in difficulty consult a prophet; none might travel and
fasting
was enforced." (S. Langdon, Babylonian Menologies and the Semitic Calendars,
London: Oxford University Press, 1935, pp.86-87)

And, of course, it goes back much, much farther, to Sumeria and the Flood story,

in which the gods sed the flood to wipe out noisy mankind because they could
not REST from all the noise, the rain falls for SIX DAYS, and the SVENTH DAY
(Sumerian SABAT day) the gods could finally rest because the noisy humans
were all DEAD!
(Perhaps RAP "music" became too popular among the erthlings?)
There is a curious punning relationship between the word for "seven" and the
word for "rest" in the Sumerian language.
See:
Sabbath Origins and The Epic of Gilgamesh
By Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld, at
http://www.meta-religion.com/World_Religions/Christianity/Other_Articles/sabbath_origins.htm

Hope this helps. -- L.


Libertarius
2004-06-26 18:44:58 EST


Paul Laird wrote:

> "Anonymous" <wipeout64@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:c835bafc.0406251241.6fdc5de4@posting.google.com...
> > 24 June 2004
> >
> > Dear Sir and Brethren in our Lord Jesus Christ's Name,
> >
> > My Lord God of the seventh day Lord day of rest has given to me to
> > give this gift to you, and as His servant, I do so.
>
> Actually, He is the Lord of SEVEN days; every single one of them. Jesus
> said, "The seventh day was made for man; not man for the seventh day."
>
> >
> > It was He, my Lord of the seventh Lord day of rest who sanctified and
> > hallowed the seventh day. Genesis 2:1 to 2.
>
> God sanctified and hallowed every day ALL SEVEN. God wants us the sancfiy,
> "set apart" one day for Him. That is the meaning of the seventh day.
>
> >
> > He later stood before Moses and wrote His Royal Law including the
> > commandment to keep His seventh day Lord day of rest. Exodus 31:18.
>
> In reality, the Hebrew can also be read and interpreted as, "Remember A
> seventh day, to keep it set apart to Me."
>
> >
> > Then before His disciples and others, He kept the Royal Law (the 10
> > commandments) He wrote before Moses.
> >
> > And He is the Lord of the seventh day Lord day of rest. Matthew 12:8
> > and Luke 6:5.
>
> You are "proof-texting", taking one verse out of its contextual setting to
> prove something the context does not support. In Matthew 12:1-8 and Luke
> 6:1-5, Jesus is teaching exactly the opposite of what your are trying to
> prove. The Pharisees had taken His disciples to task for "working" on the
> seventh day by picking corn to eat. Jesus spoke out against that and said
> justified His disciples by saying "The Son of Man is the Lord of the
> Sabbath."
>
> >
> > All His people were sabbath keepers of the seventh Lord day of rest.
> > He stated, If you do love me as your Lord, then you too will rest upon
> > my seventh Lord day of rest, John 14:15, in obedience to call me Lord,
> > Luke 6:46.
>
> Now you are making things up. John 14:15 speaks nothing of the seventh day.
> You really must quit this pulling verses out of context to prove that which
> is not supported in the scripture.
>
> >
> > Now why do people relate to the first day of the week which is sun god
> > worship day as the Lord day of rest? It was given to be by emperor
> > constantine who created another Lord day of rest led by a satanic
> > spirit to fulfill Daniel 7:25.
>
> Now you're re-writing history. Sunday is simple the name of the day of the
> week; translated to English from Latin. It is a name fom Man. God did not
> create the first day of the week for the sun. Man, in his ignorance, named
> it that. The early Christian church regularly gathered for worship on the
> FIRST day of the week. Not because they worshiped the Sun God, but because
> they were celebrating the resurrection of the Son of God. It was not
> "given" by Emperor Constantine at all and there is no scriptural basis, not
> even Daniel 7:25, that supports your silliness.
>
> He, emperor constantine, sent out
> > soldiers all over Rome to put on stakes all the sabbath keeping Jewish
> > persons and all the early Christians who also were seventh day Lord
> > day of rest people. Then he sent his army to all the countries to the
> > east to kill all the pastors, priests and brethren who followed John,
> > Peter and Paul as seventh day Lord day of rest people, so that then
> > all the churches were perverted to keep emperor constantine's sun god
> > worship day as His Lord day of rest. And they, the churches, do follow
> > the tradition of this man emperor constantine in vain as written,
> > Matthew 15:3 to 9. And they do teach their flocks to do also so as to
> > be of them written, Matthew 5:17 to 20.
>
> This whole section here is absolutely untrue, a misrepresentation of the
> historical record and a fabrication by you to prove that which you know
> cannot be proven by scripture. Your entire post is so filled with FALSE
> statements, improper use of Biblical truth, and creative reasoning that it
> gives headaches to intelligent people. You do not do the Seventh Day
> Adventists any favors by trying to support their mis-interpretation of God's
> Law with lies and ignorance. You should be ashamed of yourself.

===>In fact BOTH of you are correct.
1. The biblical "Sabbath" IS designated as the day of YHWH.
The original Jesus people (NOT "Christians"), were JEWS, who
observed that day according to their laws and traditions.
2. Sunday DID become the day observed by GENTILE Christians
BECAUSE it was the day of the SUN, DIES SOLIS, celebrated by
the Gentiles whose mystery religion was simply transformed by
Saul/Paul and Co. into the Christos Cult.

Curiously, however, while the EXODUS list of Commandments
does dedicate the seventh day Sabbath to the "six-day creation",
Exodus 20:11
"For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth,
the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day.
Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
the other version in DEUTERONOMY dedicates it to the coming
out of Egypt!
Deuteronomy 5:15
"Remember that you were slaves in Egypt
and that the LORD your God brought you out of there
with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.
Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you
to observe the Sabbath day."

So, one might ask WHATFOR did he REALLY make that day
so special???

Was it perhaps because the Sabbath observation was standard practice
among the BABYLONIANS, and after the exile they had to give it a
Jewish justification to keep observing it???

"The Babylon Sabbath-rest was a Babylonian, as well as a Hebrew,
institution. Its origin went back to pre-Semitic days, and the very name,
Sabbat, by which it was known in Hebrew, was of Babylonian origin.
In the cuneiform tablets of the Sabattu is described as a 'day of rest for the
soul,'...
...The Sabbath was also known, at all events in Accadian times, as a 'dies
nefastus,'
a day on which certain work was forbidden to be done, and an old list of
Babylonian
festivals and fast-days tells us that on the seventh, fourteenth, nineteenth,
twenty-first,
and twenty-eighth days each month the Sabbath-rest had to be observed"
(A. H. Sayce, The Higher Criticism and the Monuments, p. 74, 1895).

"Asurbanipal in the seventh century promulgated a calendar with a definite
scheme
of a seven-day week, a regulation of the month by which all men were to rest on
days
7, 14, 19, 21, 28. The old menology of Nisan that made the two days of the dark
moon,
29, 30, rest-days, so that each lunar month had 9 rest-days, on which neither
the sick
could be cured nor a man in difficulty consult a prophet; none might travel and
fasting
was enforced." (S. Langdon, Babylonian Menologies and the Semitic Calendars,
London: Oxford University Press, 1935, pp.86-87)

And, of course, it goes back much, much farther, to Sumeria and the Flood story,

in which the gods sed the flood to wipe out noisy mankind because they could
not REST from all the noise, the rain falls for SIX DAYS, and the SVENTH DAY
(Sumerian SABAT day) the gods could finally rest because the noisy humans
were all DEAD!
(Perhaps RAP "music" became too popular among the erthlings?)
There is a curious punning relationship between the word for "seven" and the
word for "rest" in the Sumerian language.
See:
Sabbath Origins and The Epic of Gilgamesh
By Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld, at
http://www.meta-religion.com/World_Religions/Christianity/Other_Articles/sabbath_origins.htm

Hope this helps. -- L.


Paul Laird
2004-06-26 20:07:47 EST

"Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message
news:40DDFC2A.E4B7ACAC@Nothing_But_The.Truth...
>
>
> Paul Laird wrote:
>
> > "Anonymous" <wipeout64@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:c835bafc.0406251241.6fdc5de4@posting.google.com...
> > > 24 June 2004
> > >
> > > Dear Sir and Brethren in our Lord Jesus Christ's Name,
> > >
> > > My Lord God of the seventh day Lord day of rest has given to me to
> > > give this gift to you, and as His servant, I do so.
> >
> > Actually, He is the Lord of SEVEN days; every single one of them. Jesus
> > said, "The seventh day was made for man; not man for the seventh day."
> >
> > >
> > > It was He, my Lord of the seventh Lord day of rest who sanctified and
> > > hallowed the seventh day. Genesis 2:1 to 2.
> >
> > God sanctified and hallowed every day ALL SEVEN. God wants us the
sancfiy,
> > "set apart" one day for Him. That is the meaning of the seventh day.
> >
> > >
> > > He later stood before Moses and wrote His Royal Law including the
> > > commandment to keep His seventh day Lord day of rest. Exodus 31:18.
> >
> > In reality, the Hebrew can also be read and interpreted as, "Remember A
> > seventh day, to keep it set apart to Me."
> >
> > >
> > > Then before His disciples and others, He kept the Royal Law (the 10
> > > commandments) He wrote before Moses.
> > >
> > > And He is the Lord of the seventh day Lord day of rest. Matthew 12:8
> > > and Luke 6:5.
> >
> > You are "proof-texting", taking one verse out of its contextual setting
to
> > prove something the context does not support. In Matthew 12:1-8 and
Luke
> > 6:1-5, Jesus is teaching exactly the opposite of what your are trying to
> > prove. The Pharisees had taken His disciples to task for "working" on
the
> > seventh day by picking corn to eat. Jesus spoke out against that and
said
> > justified His disciples by saying "The Son of Man is the Lord of the
> > Sabbath."
> >
> > >
> > > All His people were sabbath keepers of the seventh Lord day of rest.
> > > He stated, If you do love me as your Lord, then you too will rest upon
> > > my seventh Lord day of rest, John 14:15, in obedience to call me Lord,
> > > Luke 6:46.
> >
> > Now you are making things up. John 14:15 speaks nothing of the seventh
day.
> > You really must quit this pulling verses out of context to prove that
which
> > is not supported in the scripture.
> >
> > >
> > > Now why do people relate to the first day of the week which is sun god
> > > worship day as the Lord day of rest? It was given to be by emperor
> > > constantine who created another Lord day of rest led by a satanic
> > > spirit to fulfill Daniel 7:25.
> >
> > Now you're re-writing history. Sunday is simple the name of the day of
the
> > week; translated to English from Latin. It is a name fom Man. God did
not
> > create the first day of the week for the sun. Man, in his ignorance,
named
> > it that. The early Christian church regularly gathered for worship on
the
> > FIRST day of the week. Not because they worshiped the Sun God, but
because
> > they were celebrating the resurrection of the Son of God. It was not
> > "given" by Emperor Constantine at all and there is no scriptural basis,
not
> > even Daniel 7:25, that supports your silliness.
> >
> > He, emperor constantine, sent out
> > > soldiers all over Rome to put on stakes all the sabbath keeping Jewish
> > > persons and all the early Christians who also were seventh day Lord
> > > day of rest people. Then he sent his army to all the countries to the
> > > east to kill all the pastors, priests and brethren who followed John,
> > > Peter and Paul as seventh day Lord day of rest people, so that then
> > > all the churches were perverted to keep emperor constantine's sun god
> > > worship day as His Lord day of rest. And they, the churches, do follow
> > > the tradition of this man emperor constantine in vain as written,
> > > Matthew 15:3 to 9. And they do teach their flocks to do also so as to
> > > be of them written, Matthew 5:17 to 20.
> >
> > This whole section here is absolutely untrue, a misrepresentation of the
> > historical record and a fabrication by you to prove that which you know
> > cannot be proven by scripture. Your entire post is so filled with FALSE
> > statements, improper use of Biblical truth, and creative reasoning that
it
> > gives headaches to intelligent people. You do not do the Seventh Day
> > Adventists any favors by trying to support their mis-interpretation of
God's
> > Law with lies and ignorance. You should be ashamed of yourself.
>
> ===>In fact BOTH of you are correct.
> 1. The biblical "Sabbath" IS designated as the day of YHWH.
> The original Jesus people (NOT "Christians"), were JEWS, who
> observed that day according to their laws and traditions.
> 2. Sunday DID become the day observed by GENTILE Christians
> BECAUSE it was the day of the SUN, DIES SOLIS, celebrated by
> the Gentiles whose mystery religion was simply transformed by
> Saul/Paul and Co. into the Christos Cult.

Absolutely untrue. This is a myth that was started in the mid-19th century
by Mary Baker Eddy. There is no historical evidence, no writings, no
traditions from the early days of the church to support this. The Deis
Solis was never a "mystic religion." and certainly not incorporated into the
faith by Paul. Paul was a Jew, Pharisee, not a practicer of Roman
religions.

>
> Curiously, however, while the EXODUS list of Commandments
> does dedicate the seventh day Sabbath to the "six-day creation",
> Exodus 20:11
> "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth,
> the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day.
> Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
> the other version in DEUTERONOMY dedicates it to the coming
> out of Egypt!
> Deuteronomy 5:15
> "Remember that you were slaves in Egypt
> and that the LORD your God brought you out of there
> with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.
> Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you
> to observe the Sabbath day."
>
> So, one might ask WHATFOR did he REALLY make that day
> so special???
Your observations are partially true. The problem is the HEBREW language -
it does not have the indefinite articles "the" and "a". Translators have to
insert them within the context of the verse. The verses that say "THE
sabbath day" could just as easily be interpreted "A sabbath day."

The words of Jesus make it very clear that God's intent with the "seventh
day rest" was to remind His people to set themselves apart for His worship;
not a "one-size fits all" command to worship on one specific day.




-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Katrina Bloomfield
2004-06-26 20:52:55 EST
"Paul Laird" <smalltoe10@ywave.com> wrote:
> "Anonymous" <wipeout64@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > brethren who followed John, Peter and Paul as seventh day Lord day
> > of rest people, so that then all the churches were perverted to
> > keep emperor constantine's sun god worship day as His Lord day of
> > rest. And they, the churches, do follow the tradition of this man
> > emperor constantine in vain as written, Matthew 15:3 to 9. And
> > they do teach their flocks to do also so as to be of them written,
> > Matthew 5:17 to 20.
>
> This whole section here is absolutely untrue, a misrepresentation of
> the historical record and a fabrication by you to prove that which
> you know cannot be proven by scripture. Your entire post is so
> filled with FALSE statements, improper use of Biblical truth, and
> creative reasoning that it gives headaches to intelligent people.
> You do not do the Seventh Day Adventists any favors by trying to
> support their mis-interpretation of God's Law with lies and
> ignorance. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Paul, this message came from some guy who calls himself "Elijah the
Tishbite", who claims to be a prophet. Now as we know, if what a
prophet says doesn't come true, that person is a false prophet. You
might like to examine some of the prophecies of "Elijah the Tishbite"
and decide for yourself if he is true or false:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TwoOliveTrees/

Deuteronomy 18:21 You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when
a message has not been spoken by the LORD ?" 22 If what a prophet
proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true,
that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken
presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

Libertarius
2004-06-28 13:26:46 EST


Paul Laird wrote:

> "Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message
> news:40DDFC2A.E4B7ACAC@Nothing_But_The.Truth...
> >
> >
> > Paul Laird wrote:
> >
> > > "Anonymous" <wipeout64@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:c835bafc.0406251241.6fdc5de4@posting.google.com...
> > > > 24 June 2004
> > > >
> > > > Dear Sir and Brethren in our Lord Jesus Christ's Name,
> > > >
> > > > My Lord God of the seventh day Lord day of rest has given to me to
> > > > give this gift to you, and as His servant, I do so.
> > >
> > > Actually, He is the Lord of SEVEN days; every single one of them. Jesus
> > > said, "The seventh day was made for man; not man for the seventh day."
> > >
> > > >
> > > > It was He, my Lord of the seventh Lord day of rest who sanctified and
> > > > hallowed the seventh day. Genesis 2:1 to 2.
> > >
> > > God sanctified and hallowed every day ALL SEVEN. God wants us the
> sancfiy,
> > > "set apart" one day for Him. That is the meaning of the seventh day.
> > >
> > > >
> > > > He later stood before Moses and wrote His Royal Law including the
> > > > commandment to keep His seventh day Lord day of rest. Exodus 31:18.
> > >
> > > In reality, the Hebrew can also be read and interpreted as, "Remember A
> > > seventh day, to keep it set apart to Me."
> > >
> > > >
> > > > Then before His disciples and others, He kept the Royal Law (the 10
> > > > commandments) He wrote before Moses.
> > > >
> > > > And He is the Lord of the seventh day Lord day of rest. Matthew 12:8
> > > > and Luke 6:5.
> > >
> > > You are "proof-texting", taking one verse out of its contextual setting
> to
> > > prove something the context does not support. In Matthew 12:1-8 and
> Luke
> > > 6:1-5, Jesus is teaching exactly the opposite of what your are trying to
> > > prove. The Pharisees had taken His disciples to task for "working" on
> the
> > > seventh day by picking corn to eat. Jesus spoke out against that and
> said
> > > justified His disciples by saying "The Son of Man is the Lord of the
> > > Sabbath."
> > >
> > > >
> > > > All His people were sabbath keepers of the seventh Lord day of rest.
> > > > He stated, If you do love me as your Lord, then you too will rest upon
> > > > my seventh Lord day of rest, John 14:15, in obedience to call me Lord,
> > > > Luke 6:46.
> > >
> > > Now you are making things up. John 14:15 speaks nothing of the seventh
> day.
> > > You really must quit this pulling verses out of context to prove that
> which
> > > is not supported in the scripture.
> > >
> > > >
> > > > Now why do people relate to the first day of the week which is sun god
> > > > worship day as the Lord day of rest? It was given to be by emperor
> > > > constantine who created another Lord day of rest led by a satanic
> > > > spirit to fulfill Daniel 7:25.
> > >
> > > Now you're re-writing history. Sunday is simple the name of the day of
> the
> > > week; translated to English from Latin. It is a name fom Man. God did
> not
> > > create the first day of the week for the sun. Man, in his ignorance,
> named
> > > it that. The early Christian church regularly gathered for worship on
> the
> > > FIRST day of the week. Not because they worshiped the Sun God, but
> because
> > > they were celebrating the resurrection of the Son of God. It was not
> > > "given" by Emperor Constantine at all and there is no scriptural basis,
> not
> > > even Daniel 7:25, that supports your silliness.
> > >
> > > He, emperor constantine, sent out
> > > > soldiers all over Rome to put on stakes all the sabbath keeping Jewish
> > > > persons and all the early Christians who also were seventh day Lord
> > > > day of rest people. Then he sent his army to all the countries to the
> > > > east to kill all the pastors, priests and brethren who followed John,
> > > > Peter and Paul as seventh day Lord day of rest people, so that then
> > > > all the churches were perverted to keep emperor constantine's sun god
> > > > worship day as His Lord day of rest. And they, the churches, do follow
> > > > the tradition of this man emperor constantine in vain as written,
> > > > Matthew 15:3 to 9. And they do teach their flocks to do also so as to
> > > > be of them written, Matthew 5:17 to 20.
> > >
> > > This whole section here is absolutely untrue, a misrepresentation of the
> > > historical record and a fabrication by you to prove that which you know
> > > cannot be proven by scripture. Your entire post is so filled with FALSE
> > > statements, improper use of Biblical truth, and creative reasoning that
> it
> > > gives headaches to intelligent people. You do not do the Seventh Day
> > > Adventists any favors by trying to support their mis-interpretation of
> God's
> > > Law with lies and ignorance. You should be ashamed of yourself.
> >
> > ===>In fact BOTH of you are correct.
> > 1. The biblical "Sabbath" IS designated as the day of YHWH.
> > The original Jesus people (NOT "Christians"), were JEWS, who
> > observed that day according to their laws and traditions.
> > 2. Sunday DID become the day observed by GENTILE Christians
> > BECAUSE it was the day of the SUN, DIES SOLIS, celebrated by
> > the Gentiles whose mystery religion was simply transformed by
> > Saul/Paul and Co. into the Christos Cult.
>
> Absolutely untrue. This is a myth that was started in the mid-19th century
> by Mary Baker Eddy. There is no historical evidence, no writings, no
> traditions from the early days of the church to support this. The Deis
> Solis was never a "mystic religion." and certainly not incorporated into the
> faith by Paul. Paul was a Jew, Pharisee, not a practicer of Roman
> religions.

===>Mary Baker Eddy has nothing to do with my comments.
Of course as one of Saul/Paul's followers, a Pauline Christian,
you are supposed to believe that lie. So, what?

> > Curiously, however, while the EXODUS list of Commandments
> > does dedicate the seventh day Sabbath to the "six-day creation",
> > Exodus 20:11
> > "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth,
> > the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day.
> > Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
> > the other version in DEUTERONOMY dedicates it to the coming
> > out of Egypt!
> > Deuteronomy 5:15
> > "Remember that you were slaves in Egypt
> > and that the LORD your God brought you out of there
> > with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.
> > Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you
> > to observe the Sabbath day."
> >
> > So, one might ask WHATFOR did he REALLY make that day
> > so special???
> Your observations are partially true. The problem is the HEBREW language -
> it does not have the indefinite articles "the" and "a". Translators have to
> insert them within the context of the verse. The verses that say "THE
> sabbath day" could just as easily be interpreted "A sabbath day."

===>What a silly explanation!

> The words of Jesus

===>You don't have "the words of Jesus" ANYWHERE.
Only words some writers put in the mouth of their JESUS CHARACTER,
protagonist of their books. However, you don't specify WHAT WORDS
you are referring to.

> make it very clear that God's intent with the "seventh
> day rest" was to remind His people to set themselves apart for His worship;
> not a "one-size fits all" command to worship on one specific day.

===>WHAT WORDS are those?




Anonymous
2004-06-29 22:32:21 EST
RE: Actually, He is the Lord of SEVEN days; every single one of them.
Jesus said, "The seventh day was made for man; not man for the seventh
day." -- Actually, he said: (Matthew 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord
even of the sabbath day.) Elijah isn't saying He made man for the
Sabbath, but that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath and Jesus never changed
the day or a day would have been mentioned. Hebrews 4:8 states this as
well.

RE: God sanctified and hallowed every day ALL SEVEN. God wants us the
sancfiy, "set apart" one day for Him. That is the meaning of the
seventh day. -- We are to worship Him every day is correct. It's
impossible to keep every day holy and not work. This discussion is in
regard to keeping a day holy as Rico states.

RE: In reality, the Hebrew can also be read and interpreted as,
"Remember A seventh day, to keep it set apart to Me." -- I don't see
that at all in (Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would
he not afterward have spoken of another day.
). Careful of putting our traditional thoughts in there. Jesus isn't
fond of tradition. He chastised the Pharisees for this plenty of
times.

RE: You are "proof-texting", taking one verse out of its contextual
setting to prove something the context does not support. In Matthew
12:1-8 and Luke 6:1-5, Jesus is teaching exactly the opposite of what
your are trying to prove. The Pharisees had taken His disciples to
task for "working" on the
seventh day by picking corn to eat. Jesus spoke out against that and
said justified His disciples by saying "The Son of Man is the Lord of
the Sabbath." - On the surface, it appears as you say, yet in truth;
Jesus is indeed the Lord of the Sabbath as Jesus had to show the
Pharisees exactly what the Sabbath was for. It's ok to good on the
Sabbath even if it's work. Jesus was casting out tradition and showing
the Pharisees the real meaning. With Jesus' definition of the Sabbath,
if there were a new day along with the new definition, that day would
have been mentioned.

RE: Now you are making things up. John 14:15 speaks nothing of the
seventh day. -- John 14:15 referrs to all commandments including
keeping the Sabbath holy.

RE: Now you're re-writing history. Sunday is simple the name of the
day of the week; translated to English from Latin. It is a name fom
Man. God did not create the first day of the week for the sun. Man,
in his ignorance, named it that. The early Christian church regularly
gathered for worship on the
FIRST day of the week. Not because they worshiped the Sun God, but
because they were celebrating the resurrection of the Son of God. It
was not "given" by Emperor Constantine at all and there is no
scriptural basis, not even Daniel 7:25, that supports your silliness.
- The Sun God is a pagan God that has nothing to do with the God of
Abraham. Paul also gathered on the first day of the week to worship.
There's nothing wrong with that, but he still kept the Sabbath holy.
Actually, it's historically documented that Consantine did indeed
change the Holy day to Sunday.
Page: 1   (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron