Bible Discussion: Are You Sure It's Jesus Who's With You?

Are You Sure It's Jesus Who's With You?

JD
2004-06-24 17:31:40 EST
I keep being told by Christians that they know Jesus personally.
How do they know him? How do they know it's the biblical Jesus and not some
other benevolent cosmic entity that's attached itself to them?
Has the entity positively identified itself to them or are they just making
an assumption it's him and hoping for the best?

JD

Barry OGrady
2004-06-25 09:22:19 EST
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:31:40 +1000, "JD" <jd@slowtrain.com> wrote:

>I keep being told by Christians that they know Jesus personally.
>How do they know him? How do they know it's the biblical Jesus and not some
>other benevolent cosmic entity that's attached itself to them?
>Has the entity positively identified itself to them or are they just making
>an assumption it's him and hoping for the best?

They lack the ability to think for themselves.

>JD

-Barry
========

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-06-25 19:29:54 EST
Some good questions...
"JD" <jd@slowtrain.com> wrote in message

> I keep being told by Christians that they know Jesus personally.
> How do they know him?

His fruits, attributes, communications, and miracles He accomplished in my
life match up with the Biblical account of what He would be

> How do they know it's the biblical Jesus and not some
> other benevolent cosmic entity that's attached itself to them?

No way to know for sure, admittingly, but if He isn't, He sure is a pro
impostor

> Has the entity positively identified itself to them or are they just
making
> an assumption it's him and hoping for the best?

He has, in His own way, but such still leaves *us hoping for the best

*us, because I know a few who appear to have the same *benevolent cosmic
entity* attached to them, as the one I know

> JD

G(CM)

JD
2004-06-25 20:09:19 EST
"Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message
> Some good questions...
> "JD" <jd@slowtrain.com> wrote in message
>
> > I keep being told by Christians that they know Jesus personally.
> > How do they know him?
>
> His fruits, attributes, communications, and miracles He accomplished in my
> life match up with the Biblical account of what He would be

Jesus is not the first to show love and compassion to the weak. There have
been many others not so famous, and he's most probably not the only
benevolent entity in the cosmos, so why assume that it must be him? Is it
just because the bible raves about him? Maybe his operating style is a
standard in the upper realms.

> > How do they know it's the biblical Jesus and not some
> > other benevolent cosmic entity that's attached itself to them?
>
> No way to know for sure, admittingly, but if He isn't, He sure is a pro
> impostor

Either that or the churches did a big beat up on the original story.
It wouldn't be the first time a story was over sensationalised.

> > Has the entity positively identified itself to them or are they just
> making
> > an assumption it's him and hoping for the best?
>
> He has, in His own way, but such still leaves *us hoping for the best

Maybe the entity figured he'd better stick to a figure you can relate to so
he doesn't complicate matters by trying to explain who and what he is.

> *us, because I know a few who appear to have the same *benevolent cosmic
> entity* attached to them, as the one I know

Maybe all benevolent entities are the same in their ways.
To the receiver, compassion is compassion no matter who's giving it.

> > JD
>
> G(CM)

David Matthieu P.P.
2004-06-25 21:08:23 EST

"JD" <jd@slowtrain.com> wrote in message
> I keep being told by Christians that they know Jesus personally.
> How do they know him? How do they know it's the biblical Jesus and not
some
> other benevolent cosmic entity that's attached itself to them?
> Has the entity positively identified itself to them or are they just
making
> an assumption it's him and hoping for the best?
>
> JD

Check this video File of a tormented believer testifying of what a spiritual
entity did to her in a so called "Christian" Revival:

http://www.bible.ca/tongues-brownsville-amy-ward.ram

Thomas Hankin
2004-06-26 12:57:55 EST
"JD" <jd@slowtrain.com> wrote in

> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message
>> Some good questions...
>> "JD" <jd@slowtrain.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > I keep being told by Christians that they know Jesus personally.
>> > How do they know him?
>>
>> His fruits, attributes, communications, and miracles He accomplished
>> in my life match up with the Biblical account of what He would be
>>

> Jesus is not the first to show love and compassion to the weak. There
> have been many others not so famous, and he's most probably not the
> only benevolent entity in the cosmos, so why assume that it must be
> him? Is it just because the bible raves about him? Maybe his operating
> style is a standard in the upper realms.
>
>> > How do they know it's the biblical Jesus and not some
>> > other benevolent cosmic entity that's attached itself to them?
>>
>> No way to know for sure, admittingly, but if He isn't, He sure is a
>> pro impostor
>>

> Either that or the churches did a big beat up on the original story.
> It wouldn't be the first time a story was over sensationalised.
>
>> > Has the entity positively identified itself to them or are they
>> > just
>> making
>> > an assumption it's him and hoping for the best?
>>
>> He has, in His own way, but such still leaves *us hoping for the best
>>

> Maybe the entity figured he'd better stick to a figure you can relate
> to so he doesn't complicate matters by trying to explain who and what
> he is.
>
>> *us, because I know a few who appear to have the same *benevolent
>> cosmic entity* attached to them, as the one I know
>>

> Maybe all benevolent entities are the same in their ways.
> To the receiver, compassion is compassion no matter who's giving it.
>
>> > JD
>>
>> G(CM)

And maybe there is truly only one such "benevolent entity" and His name
is Jesus Christ, and He is just as the Bible describes. No hype -- no
build up -- just Jesus, the way He was, is and always will be.

God Bless.

Tom.

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-06-26 13:46:08 EST

"JD" <jd@slowtrain.com> wrote in message
> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message
> > Some good questions...
> > "JD" <jd@slowtrain.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > I keep being told by Christians that they know Jesus personally.
> > > How do they know him?
> >
> > His fruits, attributes, communications, and miracles He accomplished in
my
> > life match up with the Biblical account of what He would be
> >

> Jesus is not the first to show love and compassion to the weak. There have
> been many others not so famous, and he's most probably not the only
> benevolent entity in the cosmos, so why assume that it must be him?

I see no reason not to, whoever He is, He doesn't mind being called *Jesus*

> Is it just because the bible raves about him? Maybe his operating style is
> standard in the upper realms.

You forget that you are talking with a MYSTIC, is such supposed to bother me
somehow ?

> > > How do they know it's the biblical Jesus and not some
> > > other benevolent cosmic entity that's attached itself to them?
> >
> > No way to know for sure, admittingly, but if He isn't, He sure is a pro
> > impostor
> >
> Either that or the churches did a big beat up on the original story.
> It wouldn't be the first time a story was over sensationalised.

As I do not worship some book, it really doesn't matter to me. But what you
say could very well be true.

> > > Has the entity positively identified itself to them or are they just
making
> > > an assumption it's him and hoping for the best?
> >
> > He has, in His own way, but such still leaves *us hoping for the best
> >
> Maybe the entity figured he'd better stick to a figure you can relate to
so
> he doesn't complicate matters by trying to explain who and what he is.

Maybe

> > *us, because I know a few who appear to have the same *benevolent cosmic
> > entity* attached to them, as the one I know
> >
> Maybe all benevolent entities are the same in their ways.
> To the receiver, compassion is compassion no matter who's giving it.

Very true.

Are you trying to get somewhere with this ?

> > > JD
> >
> > G(CM)

JD
2004-06-26 17:38:08 EST
"Thomas Hankin" <thomas_hankin@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> And maybe there is truly only one such "benevolent entity" and His name
> is Jesus Christ, and He is just as the Bible describes. No hype -- no
> build up -- just Jesus, the way He was, is and always will be.
>
> God Bless.
>
> Tom.

If you want to sell your soul to a 'maybe' then that's your choice.

JD

JD
2004-06-26 19:55:17 EST

> "JD" <jd@slowtrain.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > Jesus is not the first to show love and compassion to the weak. There
have
> > been many others not so famous, and he's most probably not the only
> > benevolent entity in the cosmos, so why assume that it must be him?
>
> I see no reason not to, whoever He is, He doesn't mind being called
*Jesus*

Since they don't use names in the upper realms, he/it won't really care what
you choose to call it.

> > Is it just because the bible raves about him? Maybe his operating style
is
> > standard in the upper realms.
>
> You forget that you are talking with a MYSTIC, is such supposed to bother
me
> somehow ?

It's just that it's not wise to give your life and energy to something you
cannot readily identify because any entity can emulate benevolence and any
entity can quote scripture and the human race is a very attractive target to
certain lower astral realm (4th dimensional) entities who like to manipulate
lower life forms than themselves.
All they need is your consent and they can do with you what ever they want.
If getting your consent requires them to answer to a name from an old human
book then they'll do that no problem.

> > Either that or the churches did a big beat up on the original story.
> > It wouldn't be the first time a story was over sensationalised.
>
> As I do not worship some book,

Oh, but you do worship a book. Think about it.

> it really doesn't matter to me. But what you
> say could very well be true.

If you knew what they do then you would be very concerned.

> Are you trying to get somewhere with this ?

I'm just curious to see whether christians really know or care who or what
they're selling their souls to.
Also I don't like seeing good people get taken for a ride by opportunistic
entities and church dogmas.

Thomas Hankin
2004-06-26 20:21:47 EST
"JD" <jd@slowtrain.com> wrote in news:40ddecc7$0$16104$afc38c87
@news.optusnet.com.au:

> "Thomas Hankin" <thomas_hankin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> And maybe there is truly only one such "benevolent entity" and His name
>> is Jesus Christ, and He is just as the Bible describes. No hype -- no
>> build up -- just Jesus, the way He was, is and always will be.
>>
>> God Bless.
>>
>> Tom.
>
> If you want to sell your soul to a 'maybe' then that's your choice.
>
> JD

You know JD, in a way you are right, except for the part of celling our
soul. There is no maybe. A rewrite is in order.

There is only one such "benevolent entity" and His name is Jesus Christ,
and He is just as the Bible describes. No hype -- no build up -- just
Jesus, the He was, is and always will be. Thanks for the correction.

God Bless.

Tom.