Bible Discussion: Mary: Lk 1:42-48 "Blessed Are You Among Women"

Mary: Lk 1:42-48 "Blessed Are You Among Women"
Posts: 19

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

Jsm
2003-07-31 22:19:41 EST
Lk 1:42-48 Mary: "Blessed are you among women"
"Blessed" means with God, if Mary the mother of God
is dead and cannot hear us asking for her prayers,
why does God call Mary "Blessed"?
Gen 5:24; Heb 11:5; 2 Kings 2:1-13 ... Enoch and Elijah taken to heaven.
If Enoch and Elijah were dead as non believers believe,
why would God say in the Bible they were "taken to heaven"?
Lk 1:28 ... annunciation.
Lk 1:42-48 ... blessed are you among women.
2 Tim 4:8, Jas 1:12, 1 Pet 5:4, Rev 2:10 ... coronation awaits saints.
Jn 2:1-5 ... Mary's intercession.

Dore
2003-08-01 23:36:40 EST
So then where does Christ tell anyone to PRAY worthless repetitious prayers
to His mother, Mary?

Being blessed doesn't mean that she has the power to hear and answer
prayers, while being dead. She was blessed because she carried Christ (GOD)
in her womb to birth.

you wrote.
> Jn 2:1-5 ... Mary's intercession.

Let's look at that closely.


John 2:1-5
1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother
of Jesus was there:
2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have
no wine.
4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not
yet come.
5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
(KJV)

Look, Mary was more concerned with the wedding and their wine, that she
asked that Christ use His powers to perform a miracle, obviously having NO
respect for the power of God and what it's purpose was, which certainly
wasn't to provide the desires of careless materialistic concerns. However,
Christ, who obeyed God, respecting the commandments, and honored His mother,
did as she asked, however, as He stated.. "Woman, what have I to do with
thee? mine hour is not yet come", obviously did so reluctantly. And because
of her careless materialistic mindset, taking the wondrous miracles and
power of God for granted, is why Christ later denied her, when she came to
speak with Him, and said that His mother and brethren were those who DID the
will of God.


Matt 12:46-50
46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren
stood without, desiring to speak with him.
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand
without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and
who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my
mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same
is my brother, and sister, and mother.
(KJV)


--
Dore

"Honor, Obey, Worship and Respect the Father, for then the Son will be
pleased"

Ps 2:12
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his
wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in
him.
(KJV)

http://dorewilliamson.com/



"jsm" <jsm542@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:b971a682.0307311819.3eee2056@posting.google.com...
> Lk 1:42-48 Mary: "Blessed are you among women"
> "Blessed" means with God, if Mary the mother of God
> is dead and cannot hear us asking for her prayers,
> why does God call Mary "Blessed"?
> Gen 5:24; Heb 11:5; 2 Kings 2:1-13 ... Enoch and Elijah taken to heaven.
> If Enoch and Elijah were dead as non believers believe,
> why would God say in the Bible they were "taken to heaven"?
> Lk 1:28 ... annunciation.
> Lk 1:42-48 ... blessed are you among women.
> 2 Tim 4:8, Jas 1:12, 1 Pet 5:4, Rev 2:10 ... coronation awaits saints.
> Jn 2:1-5 ... Mary's intercession.



Rick
2003-08-02 07:57:58 EST
Why is it that you now speak of Jesus in the third person. It clearly
proves you are not who you say you are
"Dore" <spiritfire@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
news:blGWa.7148$hW.1776@news02.roc.ny...
> So then where does Christ tell anyone to PRAY worthless repetitious
prayers
> to His mother, Mary?
>
> Being blessed doesn't mean that she has the power to hear and answer
> prayers, while being dead. She was blessed because she carried Christ
(GOD)
> in her womb to birth.
>
> you wrote.
> > Jn 2:1-5 ... Mary's intercession.
>
> Let's look at that closely.
>
>
> John 2:1-5
> 1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the
mother
> of Jesus was there:
> 2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
> 3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have
> no wine.
> 4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is
not
> yet come.
> 5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
> (KJV)
>
> Look, Mary was more concerned with the wedding and their wine, that she
> asked that Christ use His powers to perform a miracle, obviously having NO
> respect for the power of God and what it's purpose was, which certainly
> wasn't to provide the desires of careless materialistic concerns. However,
> Christ, who obeyed God, respecting the commandments, and honored His
mother,
> did as she asked, however, as He stated.. "Woman, what have I to do with
> thee? mine hour is not yet come", obviously did so reluctantly. And
because
> of her careless materialistic mindset, taking the wondrous miracles and
> power of God for granted, is why Christ later denied her, when she came to
> speak with Him, and said that His mother and brethren were those who DID
the
> will of God.
>
>
> Matt 12:46-50
> 46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren
> stood without, desiring to speak with him.
> 47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand
> without, desiring to speak with thee.
> 48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and
> who are my brethren?
> 49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold
my
> mother and my brethren!
> 50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the
same
> is my brother, and sister, and mother.
> (KJV)
>
>
> --
> Dore
>
> "Honor, Obey, Worship and Respect the Father, for then the Son will be
> pleased"
>
> Ps 2:12
> 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his
> wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust
in
> him.
> (KJV)
>
> http://dorewilliamson.com/
>
>
>
> "jsm" <jsm542@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:b971a682.0307311819.3eee2056@posting.google.com...
> > Lk 1:42-48 Mary: "Blessed are you among women"
> > "Blessed" means with God, if Mary the mother of God
> > is dead and cannot hear us asking for her prayers,
> > why does God call Mary "Blessed"?
> > Gen 5:24; Heb 11:5; 2 Kings 2:1-13 ... Enoch and Elijah taken to heaven.
> > If Enoch and Elijah were dead as non believers believe,
> > why would God say in the Bible they were "taken to heaven"?
> > Lk 1:28 ... annunciation.
> > Lk 1:42-48 ... blessed are you among women.
> > 2 Tim 4:8, Jas 1:12, 1 Pet 5:4, Rev 2:10 ... coronation awaits saints.
> > Jn 2:1-5 ... Mary's intercession.
>
>



Dore
2003-08-02 09:30:57 EST
"Rick" <hoganrj@bigpond.com> wrote in message
news:aHNWa.6737$bo1.1269@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Why is it that you now speak of Jesus in the third person. It clearly
> proves you are not who you say you are


Rick, I spoke of myself in the third person, the first time I walked the
earth, as well, when I used the term, Son of man.


Matt 8:20
20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air
have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
(KJV)


Matt 9:6
6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive
sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and
go unto thine house.
(KJV)


Matt 11:19
19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man
gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom
is justified of her children.
(KJV)


Matt 12:7-8
7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not
sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
(KJV)


Matt 12:32
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be
forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be
forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
(KJV)


Matt 12:40
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so
shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the
earth.
(KJV)


Matt 13:37
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son
of man;
(KJV)


Matt 13:41
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of
his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
(KJV)


Matt 16:27
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels;
and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
(KJV)


Matt 17:9
9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell
the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
(KJV)


Matt 17:12
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not,
but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son
of man suffer of them.
(KJV)


Matt 17:22
22 And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man
shall be betrayed into the hands of men:
(KJV)


Matt 18:11
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
(KJV)


Matt 20:18
18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto
the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,
(KJV)

etc, etc, etc....

The fact that you obviously don't read, consider and think about what is
written and said in the Bible, PROVES that you are not who YOU say you are,
a Christian.



--
Dore

"Honor, Obey, Worship and Respect the Father, for then the Son will be
pleased"

Ps 2:12
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his
wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in
him.
(KJV)

http://dorewilliamson.com/



"Rick" <hoganrj@bigpond.com> wrote in message
news:aHNWa.6737$bo1.1269@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Why is it that you now speak of Jesus in the third person. It clearly
> proves you are not who you say you are
> "Dore" <spiritfire@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> news:blGWa.7148$hW.1776@news02.roc.ny...
> > So then where does Christ tell anyone to PRAY worthless repetitious
> prayers
> > to His mother, Mary?
> >
> > Being blessed doesn't mean that she has the power to hear and answer
> > prayers, while being dead. She was blessed because she carried Christ
> (GOD)
> > in her womb to birth.
> >
> > you wrote.
> > > Jn 2:1-5 ... Mary's intercession.
> >
> > Let's look at that closely.
> >
> >
> > John 2:1-5
> > 1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the
> mother
> > of Jesus was there:
> > 2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
> > 3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They
have
> > no wine.
> > 4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is
> not
> > yet come.
> > 5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do
it.
> > (KJV)
> >
> > Look, Mary was more concerned with the wedding and their wine, that she
> > asked that Christ use His powers to perform a miracle, obviously having
NO
> > respect for the power of God and what it's purpose was, which certainly
> > wasn't to provide the desires of careless materialistic concerns.
However,
> > Christ, who obeyed God, respecting the commandments, and honored His
> mother,
> > did as she asked, however, as He stated.. "Woman, what have I to do with
> > thee? mine hour is not yet come", obviously did so reluctantly. And
> because
> > of her careless materialistic mindset, taking the wondrous miracles and
> > power of God for granted, is why Christ later denied her, when she came
to
> > speak with Him, and said that His mother and brethren were those who DID
> the
> > will of God.
> >
> >
> > Matt 12:46-50
> > 46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his
brethren
> > stood without, desiring to speak with him.
> > 47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand
> > without, desiring to speak with thee.
> > 48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother?
and
> > who are my brethren?
> > 49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said,
Behold
> my
> > mother and my brethren!
> > 50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the
> same
> > is my brother, and sister, and mother.
> > (KJV)
> >
> >
> > --
> > Dore
> >
> > "Honor, Obey, Worship and Respect the Father, for then the Son will be
> > pleased"
> >
> > Ps 2:12
> > 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his
> > wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust
> in
> > him.
> > (KJV)
> >
> > http://dorewilliamson.com/
> >
> >
> >
> > "jsm" <jsm542@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:b971a682.0307311819.3eee2056@posting.google.com...
> > > Lk 1:42-48 Mary: "Blessed are you among women"
> > > "Blessed" means with God, if Mary the mother of God
> > > is dead and cannot hear us asking for her prayers,
> > > why does God call Mary "Blessed"?
> > > Gen 5:24; Heb 11:5; 2 Kings 2:1-13 ... Enoch and Elijah taken to
heaven.
> > > If Enoch and Elijah were dead as non believers believe,
> > > why would God say in the Bible they were "taken to
heaven"?
> > > Lk 1:28 ... annunciation.
> > > Lk 1:42-48 ... blessed are you among women.
> > > 2 Tim 4:8, Jas 1:12, 1 Pet 5:4, Rev 2:10 ... coronation awaits saints.
> > > Jn 2:1-5 ... Mary's intercession.
> >
> >
>
>



Ben Mitts
2003-08-02 20:43:18 EST
Rick wrote:
> Why is it that you now speak of Jesus in the third person. It clearly
> proves you are not who you say you are
> "Dore" <spiritfire@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> news:blGWa.7148$hW.1776@news02.roc.ny...
>

Stick around, she
can really make
some LuLu's

--
Peace!

Sincerely,
Ben mitts

From The Word of God: And as Moses lifted up the serpent
in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted
up; that whoever believes may in Him have eternal life."
Similarly, God so loved the world, that He gave His only
begotten Son, that who ever believes in Him should not
perish, but Have eternal life. Another: God did not send
the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the
world should be saved through Him. He spoke elsewhere: I
am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me
shall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and
believes in Me shall never die. Believe you this?

Therefore we may, as many will to do so: "But as many as
received Him, to them He gave the right to become child-
ren of God, even to those who believe in His name,"
(John 1:12)


Carolingian
2003-08-03 23:41:14 EST

"Dore" <spiritfire@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
news:blGWa.7148$hW.1776@news02.roc.ny...
> So then where does Christ tell anyone to PRAY worthless repetitious
prayers
> to His mother, Mary?
>
> Being blessed doesn't mean that she has the power to hear and answer
> prayers, while being dead. She was blessed because she carried Christ
(GOD)
> in her womb to birth.

Is not God a living God? Those who do His will, are they not alive in God?
Moreover, she was assumed into Heaven. She told one of your people
(protestant), I closed my eyes and my Son was there. He took me into His
arms and took me to heaven, body and soul. Christ says it pleases Him that
we honor His mother and ask her to pray for us.



John Vogel
2003-08-04 00:39:14 EST

"Carolingian" <carolingian@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bgklv2$ohj@library2.airnews.net...
>
> "Dore" <spiritfire@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> news:blGWa.7148$hW.1776@news02.roc.ny...
> > So then where does Christ tell anyone to PRAY worthless repetitious
> prayers
> > to His mother, Mary?
> >
> > Being blessed doesn't mean that she has the power to hear and answer
> > prayers, while being dead. She was blessed because she carried Christ
> (GOD)
> > in her womb to birth.
>
> Is not God a living God? Those who do His will, are they not alive in
God?
> Moreover, she was assumed into Heaven. She told one of your people
> (protestant), I closed my eyes and my Son was there. He took me into His
> arms and took me to heaven, body and soul. Christ says it pleases Him
that
> we honor His mother and ask her to pray for us.

When did Christ say it pleased Him that we honor His mother and ask her to
pray for us?




-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Luminaria
2003-08-05 06:21:27 EST

"Dore" <spiritfire@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
news:blGWa.7148$hW.1776@news02.roc.ny...

> 5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
> (KJV)
>

Dore, you're completely missing the message of the miracle at Cana. It has
been honored through the millennia simply for being Christ's first miracle.
It is a sign of His compassion for the needs of others, for starters. It is
a sign of His willingness to allow His mother to intercede for others. It is
a powerful sign of His fulfillment of the Law - the water in the jars was to
have been used not for drinking, but for the ritual purification of the
wedded couple. Christ's decision to use that water to create the "best wine"
shows emphatically that they no longer needed such purification, and
pre-figured His own holy blood, spilled for the redemption of us all. It
also prefigures the blessed wine of the Last Supper, which, in turn makes it
a Eucharistic miracle - I am sure you are aware, the confected wine of
Communion is considered by Catholics to literally be His holy blood.

Hey, lets say you're right - Mary twisted Christ's arm. Isn't it wonderful
how God can use anything, anything at all, to show His greatness? Out of
that one gesture, so much meaning! Like the miracle of the loaves and
fishes, so simple - feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty - but so
powerful when you really look at it the way God intended.


--
God Bless,

Lisa A., MI
from Massachusetts



Carolingian
2003-08-06 23:41:41 EST

"John Vogel" <jvogel2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3f2de39a_1@corp.newsgroups.com...
>
> "Carolingian" <carolingian@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:bgklv2$ohj@library2.airnews.net...
> >
> > "Dore" <spiritfire@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> > news:blGWa.7148$hW.1776@news02.roc.ny...
> > > So then where does Christ tell anyone to PRAY worthless repetitious
> > prayers
> > > to His mother, Mary?
> > >
> > > Being blessed doesn't mean that she has the power to hear and answer
> > > prayers, while being dead. She was blessed because she carried Christ
> > (GOD)
> > > in her womb to birth.
> >
> > Is not God a living God? Those who do His will, are they not alive in
> God?
> > Moreover, she was assumed into Heaven. She told one of your people
> > (protestant), I closed my eyes and my Son was there. He took me into
His
> > arms and took me to heaven, body and soul. Christ says it pleases Him
> that
> > we honor His mother and ask her to pray for us.
>
> When did Christ say it pleased Him that we honor His mother and ask her to
> pray for us?

>From the ancient heralds of the orthodox faith taught the use of Theotokos
(God Bearer or more explicit title, Mother of God) according to Apostolic
Tradition.

"As Eve by the speech of an Angel was seduced, so as to flee God,
transgressing His word, so also Mary received the good tidings by means of
the Angel's speech, so as to bear God within her, being obedient to His
word. And though the one had disobeyed God, yet the other was drawn to obey
God: that of the virgin Eve the Virgin Mary might become the advocate. and,
as by a virgin the human race been bound to death, by a virgin it was saved,
the balance being preserved, a virgin's disobedience by a virgin's
obedience."

She is the cause of our Lord taking Flesh, not merely as a physical
instrument; however, as an intelligent, responsible cause of it. Her faith
and obedience being accessories to the Incarnation and gaining it as her
reward. As Eve failed in Virtues, Mary didn't. Mary alone has found grace
with God, both for herself and us. She gave being and life to the Arthur of
all grace. God the Father, from Whom every perfect gift and all grace comes,
He has given all graces to Mary by giving her His Son, as St Bernard says,
"With His Son and in Him, God has given His Will to Mary". The Paraclete
has espoused Mary and has produced in her, by her and from her, His
masterpiece, Jesus Christ, The Word Incarnate, and has never repudiated His
spouse, so He now continues to produce the elect, in her and by her, in a
real manner.

God the Father said "My daughter, let thy dwelling be in Jacob, in My
elect." God the Son said, " My dear Mother, in Israel is thine inheritance,
in My elect." God the Holy Spirit said: "Take root, My faithful Spouse, in
My elect."

Those who have spoken to Our Lord, His elect: St. Pio, St. De Montfort,
Sister Lucia, St. Catherine, St. Leonard, St. Alphonsus and Pope Leo XIII
to name a few. From henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

St. Paul in one of his Epistles tells us to show her honor, I forget which.




Bullnot@wanted Nobull
2003-08-13 18:30:17 EST
j*0@hotmail.com (John Vogel) shocked everyone by
exclaiming<3f2de39a_1@corp.newsgroups.com>:

>
>"Carolingian" <carolingian@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:bgklv2$ohj@library2.airnews.net...
>>
>> "Dore" <spiritfire@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>> news:blGWa.7148$hW.1776@news02.roc.ny...
>> > So then where does Christ tell anyone to PRAY worthless repetitious
>> prayers
>> > to His mother, Mary?
>> >
>> > Being blessed doesn't mean that she has the power to hear and answer
>> > prayers, while being dead. She was blessed because she carried
>> > Christ
>> (GOD)
>> > in her womb to birth.
>>
>> Is not God a living God? Those who do His will, are they not alive in
>God?
>> Moreover, she was assumed into Heaven. She told one of your people
>> (protestant), I closed my eyes and my Son was there. He took me into
>> His arms and took me to heaven, body and soul. Christ says it pleases
>> Him
>that
>> we honor His mother and ask her to pray for us.
>
>When did Christ say it pleased Him that we honor His mother and ask her
>to pray for us?
>
>
>
>
>-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
>http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
>

Hi. Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, but I don't get into the news
groups every day.

I don't recall anywhere in the bible where Jesus said we were to pray to
his mother. The people who do it say they are asking her to pray for them,
but that's the same thing isn't it? She's dead, so how can they do that? I
don't understand where they see any instruction to do it.
Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron