Bible Discussion: Tenn School Bible Class Ban Upheld

Tenn School Bible Class Ban Upheld

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next  (First | Last)

Western World
2004-06-16 09:51:49 EST
Fundies lose again!

CNN.com - Court upholds Bible class ban - Jun 8, 2004
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/06/08/bible.ruling.ap/

>>>HIDDEN HISTORY:

http://community-2.webtv.net/tales_of_the_western_world/

Carol Lee Smith
2004-06-16 11:27:40 EST
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Western World wrote:

> Fundies lose again!

> CNN.com - Court upholds Bible class ban - Jun 8, 2004
> http://edition.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/06/08/bible.ruling.ap/

> http://community-2.webtv.net/tales_of_the_western_world/

That is a very interesting article.

Thanks for posting the link.

"Without faith we might relapse into scientific or rational thinking,
which leads by a slippery slope toward constitutional democracy."
-- Robert Anton Wilson

Stoney
2004-06-16 12:12:55 EST
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:51:49 -0400, Western World wrote in alt.atheism:

> Fundies lose again!
>
> CNN.com - Court upholds Bible class ban - Jun 8, 2004
> http://edition.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/06/08/bible.ruling.ap/

These people are terminally without a clue.

Pastor Dave
2004-06-16 17:04:59 EST
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:51:49 -0400,
Tales_of_the_Western_World@webtv.net (Western World)
posted thusly:

>Fundies lose again!
>
>CNN.com - Court upholds Bible class ban - Jun 8, 2004
>http://edition.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/06/08/bible.ruling.ap/

1) The Constitution does not say a word about
"separation of church and state". There is no such
phrase any in the document.

2) This ruling violates the law. A school cannot
discriminate against any group that wishes to hold
meeting there, if they allow access to other groups.
This isn't a "separation of church and state", it is
discrimination against a particular religion.

This will be overturned.

± Pastor Dave Raymond ±

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of
the Spirit, which is the word of God:" - Ephesians 6:17

/
o{}xxxxx[]::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
\

The Bible says that death came by sin and sin came
by Adam (Rom 5:12; 1 Cor 15:21-22).

Evolution says lots of things lived and died before
Adam and Eve got here and therefore attempts to rule
out what the Bible says.

One or the other is right, but they can't both
be right.

Dave Thompson
2004-06-16 18:31:58 EST
"Pastor Dave" <nospam*-*pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:51:49 -0400,
> Tales_of_the_Western_World@webtv.net (Western World)
> posted thusly:
>
> >Fundies lose again!
> >
> >CNN.com - Court upholds Bible class ban - Jun 8, 2004
> >http://edition.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/06/08/bible.ruling.ap/
>
> 1) The Constitution does not say a word about
> "separation of church and state". There is no such
> phrase any in the document.

So what. That phrase is not the guide to how the courts test
constitutionality of religious programs in government. It's called the Lemon
Test. Read it.

> 2) This ruling violates the law.

No it does not. A bunch of fundy proselytizers invading a child's school
does, however.

A school cannot
> discriminate against any group that wishes to hold
> meeting there,

They weren't just holding a meeting there. they were teaching a religious
class. Big no no.

if they allow access to other groups.
> This isn't a "separation of church and state", it is
> discrimination against a particular religion.

You've got yourself all confused. These were seminary students teaching a
religious class to school kids on our dime. No other religion tried or tries
to do this. Your claim is without any merit at all.

> This will be overturned.

Unlikely. The Supremes have already decided on such goings on and would
likely not bother to hear it.

Steve Hayes
2004-06-17 00:54:53 EST
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:12:55 -0700, stoney <stoney@thebat.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:51:49 -0400, Western World wrote in alt.atheism:
>
>> Fundies lose again!
>>
>> CNN.com - Court upholds Bible class ban - Jun 8, 2004
>> http://edition.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/06/08/bible.ruling.ap/
>
>These people are terminally without a clue.

Which means they'll eventually get one.

Pity those who are interminably without a clue.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm

Roger
2004-06-17 05:13:26 EST
"stoney" <stoney@thebat.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:51:49 -0400, Western World wrote in alt.atheism:
>
> > Fundies lose again!
> >
> > CNN.com - Court upholds Bible class ban - Jun 8, 2004
> > http://edition.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/06/08/bible.ruling.ap/
>
> These people are terminally without a clue.

No, they're evil.

Pastor Dave
2004-06-17 05:24:16 EST
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:31:58 -0700, "Dave Thompson"
<*5@wdmdx1.com> posted thusly:

>"Pastor Dave" <nospam*-*pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:51:49 -0400,
>> Tales_of_the_Western_World@webtv.net (Western World)
>> posted thusly:
>>
>> >Fundies lose again!
>> >
>> >CNN.com - Court upholds Bible class ban - Jun 8, 2004
>> >http://edition.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/06/08/bible.ruling.ap/
>>
>> 1) The Constitution does not say a word about
>> "separation of church and state". There is no such
>> phrase any in the document.
>
>So what.

I think we're done right there.

± Pastor Dave Raymond ±

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of
the Spirit, which is the word of God:" - Ephesians 6:17

/
o{}xxxxx[]::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
\

http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/bryanp/Evolution/Gre.Sci..htm

B*@nospam.net
2004-06-17 07:45:32 EST
Pastor Dave <nospam*-*pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote:

>:|On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:51:49 -0400,
>:|Tales_of_the_Western_World@webtv.net (Western World)
>:|posted thusly:
>:|
>:|>Fundies lose again!
>:|>
>:|>CNN.com - Court upholds Bible class ban - Jun 8, 2004
>:|>http://edition.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/06/08/bible.ruling.ap/
>:|
>:|1) The Constitution does not say a word about
>:|"separation of church and state". There is no such
>:|phrase any in the document.

Incorrect, see below:

Study Guide: Separation of Church and State - Indepth
http://members.tripod.com/~candst/studygd0.htm

Establishment Clause
http://members.tripod.com/~candst/estclause.htm

Pastor Dave
2004-06-17 08:32:24 EST
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:45:32 -0400,
buckeye-ELO@nospam.net posted thusly:

>Pastor Dave <nospam*-*pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>:|On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:51:49 -0400,
>>:|Tales_of_the_Western_World@webtv.net (Western World)
>>:|posted thusly:
>>:|
>>:|>Fundies lose again!
>>:|>
>>:|>CNN.com - Court upholds Bible class ban - Jun 8, 2004
>>:|>http://edition.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/06/08/bible.ruling.ap/
>>:|
>>:|1) The Constitution does not say a word about
>>:|"separation of church and state". There is no such
>>:|phrase any in the document.
>
>Incorrect, see below:
>
>Study Guide: Separation of Church and State - Indepth
>http://members.tripod.com/~candst/studygd0.htm

Read what I wrote. There is no such statement in the
document. Here is a link to the Constitution. Please
find the phrase and tell us where it can be found in
the document.

± Pastor Dave Raymond ±

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of
the Spirit, which is the word of God:" - Ephesians 6:17

/
\

"Life has many choices.

Eternity has two.

What's yours?"

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next  (First | Last)