Vegetarian Discussion: "I Can Say That I Respect The Life..."

"I Can Say That I Respect The Life..."

Rudy Canoza
2007-06-20 04:20:02 EST
"...of a dead chicken."

Fuckwit David Harrison - 29 May 2006

Jumping fucking jesus - how does a dumb cracker who
says something like that think that anyone is going to
follow him down his lunatic's path to "animals getting
to experience life"? Hilarious.

Immortalist
2007-06-20 12:17:27 EST
On Jun 20, 1:20 am, Rudy Canoza <rudy-can...@excite.com> wrote:
> "...of a dead chicken."
>
> Fuckwit David Harrison - 29 May 2006
>
> Jumping fucking jesus - how does a dumb cracker who
> says something like that think that anyone is going to
> follow him down his lunatic's path to "animals getting
> to experience life"? Hilarious.

Why did the dead chicken cross the street?

Someone carried the KFC box to a better place to sit.

ZerkonX
2007-06-22 09:34:37 EST
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:20:02 +0000, Rudy Canoza wrote:

> "...of a dead chicken."

There is the old Zen question.. what is the most valuable thing on earth?
A dead cat. Why? No one can put a value on it.

Rudy Canoza
2007-06-22 11:08:53 EST
ZerkonX wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:20:02 +0000, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>
>> "...of a dead chicken."
>
> There is the old Zen question.. what is the most valuable thing on earth?
> A dead cat. Why? No one can put a value on it.

Stupid, and false. It isn't that no one /can/ put a
value on it; it's that no one *does* put any value on it.

But if you're looking for witty ambiguity - yours
wasn't - then check this:
http://www.mixed-up.com/markb/humor/ambiguous/

All of the recommendations at LIAR, by the way, apply
to you.

Dutch
2007-06-22 15:17:01 EST
"Rudy Canoza" <rudy-canoza@excite.com> wrote in message
> ZerkonX wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:20:02 +0000, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>>
>>> "...of a dead chicken."
>>
>> There is the old Zen question.. what is the most valuable thing on earth?
>> A dead cat. Why? No one can put a value on it.
>
> Stupid, and false. It isn't that no one /can/ put a value on it; it's
> that no one *does* put any value on it.

In fact somebody wrote a book called "101 Uses for a Dead Cat".
http://www.amazon.com/101-Uses-Dead-Simon-Bond/dp/0517545160

I think it was a very successful joke book.

[..]

Rudy Canoza
2007-06-22 15:54:44 EST
On Jun 22, 12:17 pm, "Dutch" <n...@home.com> wrote:
> "Rudy Canoza" <rudy-can...@excite.com> wrote in message

> > ZerkonX wrote:

> >> There is the old Zen question.. what is the most valuable thing on earth?
> >> A dead cat. Why? No one can put a value on it.
>
> > Stupid, and false. It isn't that no one /can/ put a value on it; it's
> > that no one *does* put any value on it.
>
> In fact somebody wrote a book called "101 Uses for a Dead Cat".http://www.amazon.com/101-Uses-Dead-Simon-Bond/dp/0517545160
>
> I think it was a very successful joke book.

An even better book by Simon Bond was "Unspeakable Acts". Like "101
Uses..." it was a book of mostly single panel cartoons. They were
hilarious. Two in particular come to mind. First was a guy being led
to the guillotine, and the executioner had set up a chute to direct
the head across the prison yard toward some bowling pins. The second
was a butler introducing guests as they arrived at an extremely rich
family's party, and he was introducing a particular family as "Lord
and Lady [something-or-other] and their fat daughter Daphne".

D*@.
2007-06-24 15:38:42 EST
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:34:37 -0400, ZerkonX <ZERKON@zerkonx.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:20:02 +0000, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>
>> "...of a dead chicken."
>
>There is the old Zen question.. what is the most valuable thing on earth?
>A dead cat. Why? No one can put a value on it.

Would Zen consider any value to the life it experienced?

Rudy Canoza
2007-06-25 18:11:35 EST
Fuckwit David Harrison, hopelessly overmatched as always, blabbered:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:34:37 -0400, ZerkonX <ZER...@zerkonx.net> wrote:
> >On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:20:02 +0000, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>
> >> "...of a dead chicken."
>
> >There is the old Zen question.. what is the most valuable thing on earth?
> >A dead cat. Why? No one can put a value on it.
>
> Would Zen consider any value to the life it experienced?

No. Only a Fuckwit does that.

El Guapo
2007-06-27 17:39:14 EST
On Jun 22, 1:54 pm, Rudy Canoza <notgen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 22, 12:17 pm, "Dutch" <n...@home.com> wrote:
>

> > "Rudy Canoza" <rudy-can...@excite.com> wrote in message

> > > Stupid, and false. It isn't that no one /can/ put a value on it; it's
> > > that no one *does* put any value on it.
>
> > In fact somebody wrote a book called "101 Uses for a Dead Cat".http://www.amazon.com/101-Uses-Dead-Simon-Bond/dp/0517545160
>
> > I think it was a very successful joke book.
>
> An even better book by Simon Bond was "Unspeakable Acts". Like "101
> Uses..." it was a book of mostly single panel cartoons. They were
> hilarious. Two in particular come to mind. First was a guy being led
> to the guillotine, and the executioner had set up a chute to direct
> the head across the prison yard toward some bowling pins. The second
> was a butler introducing guests as they arrived at an extremely rich
> family's party, and he was introducing a particular family as "Lord
> and Lady [something-or-other] and their fat daughter Daphne".

Goo, none of that was funny at all..........except perhaps in a very
infantile way........ooops.....now I understand why you thought it
funny.

D*@.
2007-07-16 13:50:25 EST
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Clueless Goo wrote:

>ZerkonX wrote:
>>
>> There is the old Zen question.. what is the most valuable thing on earth?
>> A dead cat. Why? No one can put a value on it.
>
>Stupid, and false. It isn't that no one /can/ put a
>value on it; it's that no one *does* put any value on it.

Goobs, you are in no position to try telling anyone anything
about the value of a dead cat, since you can't comprehend
any value even to the *lives* of any creatures at all.