Vegetarian Discussion: Carnivorous Cattle

Carnivorous Cattle

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

Rudy Canoza
2007-03-09 12:26:42 EST
CALCUTTA, India (AP) -- When his chickens started
disappearing a few weeks ago, a farmer in eastern India
figured dogs or jackals were to blame -- until he
discovered his calf making a meal of his poultry.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/03/09/india.calf.ap/index.html

AL
2007-03-09 13:09:37 EST
Rudy Canoza wrote:
> CALCUTTA, India (AP) -- When his chickens started disappearing a few
> weeks ago, a farmer in eastern India figured dogs or jackals were to
> blame -- until he discovered his calf making a meal of his poultry.
>
> http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/03/09/india.calf.ap/index.html

I was disappointed to find no video even though one was reportedly made.

Rudy Canoza
2007-03-09 13:17:01 EST
AL wrote:
> Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> CALCUTTA, India (AP) -- When his chickens started disappearing a few
>> weeks ago, a farmer in eastern India figured dogs or jackals were to
>> blame -- until he discovered his calf making a meal of his poultry.
>>
>> http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/03/09/india.calf.ap/index.html
>

> I was disappointed to find no video even though one was reportedly made.

I'm not sure I'd ever eat beef again if I saw such a tape.

Those videos on CNN are usually misleading. Nine times
out of ten, it's a video of some news reporter talking
with some participant well after the news event has
ended, but the juxtaposition of the word "video", or
the little video camera symbol, next to the headline
link suggests you're going to see the event itself.
This used to be really jarring, but morbidly funny, in
the past when they would append "video" at the end of
some gruesome headline, e.g. "Farmer chopped to bits by
combine - video".

Enigma
2007-03-09 13:28:47 EST
Rudy Canoza <rudy-canoza@excite.com> wrote in

> CALCUTTA, India (AP) -- When his chickens started
> disappearing a few weeks ago, a farmer in eastern India
> figured dogs or jackals were to blame -- until he
> discovered his calf making a meal of his poultry.
>
> http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/03/09/india.calf.a
> p/index.html

i don't really find the idea that unusual. we know that deer
will happily seek out & eat ground nesting birds, so why
wouldn't cattle do the same?
lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be

Chico
2007-03-09 13:29:47 EST
Rudy Canoza wrote:

> CALCUTTA, India (AP) -- When his chickens started
> disappearing a few weeks ago, a farmer in eastern India
> figured dogs or jackals were to blame -- until he
> discovered his calf making a meal of his poultry.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/03/09/india.calf.ap/index.html

I read this version of the story earlier this morning:
http://tinyurl.com/2vdozw

Includes a little more about size of chickens (chicks) and that
villagers think the calf is a reincarnated tiger. I've seen cattle
eating eggs from ground-nesting birds before, but not whole birds like
that.

Rudy Canoza
2007-03-09 13:46:34 EST
enigma wrote:
> Rudy Canoza <rudy-canoza@excite.com> wrote in
>
>> CALCUTTA, India (AP) -- When his chickens started
>> disappearing a few weeks ago, a farmer in eastern India
>> figured dogs or jackals were to blame -- until he
>> discovered his calf making a meal of his poultry.
>>
>> http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/03/09/india.calf.a
>> p/index.html
>
> i don't really find the idea that unusual. we know that deer
> will happily seek out & eat ground nesting birds, so why
> wouldn't cattle do the same?

Who ya talkin' about, "we"? I didn't know that; not
sure why I would know it, either.

I would imagine the vast majority of people reading the
story would consider it surprising. That's undoubtedly
why it's in the news in the first place.

AL
2007-03-09 14:35:12 EST
Rudy Canoza wrote:
> enigma wrote:
>
>> Rudy Canoza <rudy-canoza@excite.com> wrote in
>>
>>> CALCUTTA, India (AP) -- When his chickens started disappearing a few
>>> weeks ago, a farmer in eastern India figured dogs or jackals were to
>>> blame -- until he discovered his calf making a meal of his poultry.
>>>
>>> http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/03/09/india.calf.a
>>> p/index.html
>>

>> i don't really find the idea that unusual. we know that deer will
>> happily seek out & eat ground nesting birds, so why wouldn't cattle do
>> the same?
>

> Who ya talkin' about, "we"? I didn't know that; not sure why I would
> know it, either.
>
> I would imagine the vast majority of people reading the story would
> consider it surprising. That's undoubtedly why it's in the news in the
> first place.

I'm guessing Gary Larson would not be surprised - he has always viewed
bovines from a different perspective...

Rudy Canoza
2007-03-09 14:48:04 EST
AL wrote:
> Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> enigma wrote:
>>
>>> Rudy Canoza <rudy-canoza@excite.com> wrote in

>>> i don't really find the idea that unusual. we know that deer will
>>> happily seek out & eat ground nesting birds, so why wouldn't cattle
>>> do the same?
>>

>> Who ya talkin' about, "we"? I didn't know that; not sure why I would
>> know it, either.
>>
>> I would imagine the vast majority of people reading the story would
>> consider it surprising. That's undoubtedly why it's in the news in
>> the first place.
>

> I'm guessing Gary Larson would not be surprised - he has always viewed
> bovines from a different perspective...

...and chickens, too.

Shrubkiller
2007-03-09 15:27:29 EST
On Mar 9, 11:17 am, Rudy Canoza <rudy-can...@excite.com> wrote:
> AL wrote:
> > Rudy Canoza wrote:
> >> CALCUTTA, India (AP) -- When his chickens started disappearing a few
> >> weeks ago, a farmer in eastern India figured dogs or jackals were to
> >> blame -- until he discovered his calf making a meal of his poultry.
>
> >>http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/03/09/india.calf.ap/index.html
>
> > I was disappointed to find no video even though one was reportedly made.
>
> I'm not sure I'd ever eat beef again if I saw such a tape.

You are an idiot Goo and you'd eat ANYTHING.........and do.

> Those videos on CNN are usually misleading. Nine times
> out of ten, it's a video of some news reporter talking
> with some participant well after the news event has
> ended, but the juxtaposition of the word "video", or
> the little video camera symbol, next to the headline
> link suggests you're going to see the event itself.
> This used to be really jarring, but morbidly funny, in
> the past when they would append "video" at the end of
> some gruesome headline, e.g. "Farmer chopped to bits by
> combine - video".

AL
2007-03-09 15:36:13 EST
Rudy Canoza wrote:
> AL wrote:
>
>> Rudy Canoza wrote:

>>> Who ya talkin' about, "we"? I didn't know that; not sure why I would
>>> know it, either.
>>>
>>> I would imagine the vast majority of people reading the story would
>>> consider it surprising. That's undoubtedly why it's in the news in
>>> the first place.
>>

>> I'm guessing Gary Larson would not be surprised - he has always viewed
>> bovines from a different perspective...
>

> ...and chickens, too.

true - I almost forgot.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)