Vegetarian Discussion: Animals Raised For Food Generate More Greenhouse Gases Than All Cars And Trucks Combined

Animals Raised For Food Generate More Greenhouse Gases Than All Cars And Trucks Combined

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

CB
2007-03-08 09:17:32 EST
For all the good he's done for the environment-which, to be fair, is an
awful lot-Al's leaving out a huge piece of the puzzle by ignoring the fact
that the devastation caused by the meat industry
(http://goveg.com/environment.asp) is among the worst environmental
disasters ever to happen to the world. As we told him in our letter, sent
earlier this week:

While the steps that you urge people to take in An Inconvenient Truth are
inarguably important, the quickest and most effective way to fight climate
change will come through diet change.
An inconvenient truth for him, maybe, but it's the truth nonetheless. Since
he might not have seen the recent U.N. reports
(http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=20772&Cr=global&Cr1=environment)
on the subject, we pointed out to him that animals raised for food generate
more greenhouse gases (http://goveg.com/environment-globalwarming.asp) than
all cars and trucks combined, and that (according to a recent University of
Chicago study), switching to a vegan diet is more effective in countering
global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Prius. We've
also offered to cook him some faux "fried chicken" as an introduction to
meat-free meals, since, however many documentaries you make, you just can't
be a meat-eating environmentalist. I'll let you know if he gets back to us.

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/03/clearing_a_few.php
--
CB
What put's Algore in his lockbox?

2006 power bill
http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/07.03.04.ConspicConsump-X.gif

Global warming on Mars
In its ninth year in orbit around Mars, NASA's Mars Global Surveyor has made
a number of surprising discoveries. For three Mars summers in a row,
deposits of frozen carbon dioxide near Mars' south pole have shrunk from the
previous year's size, suggesting a climate change in progress. Apparently,
President Bush's environmental policies are so destructive that they are
causing global warming throughout the solar system.
--Harry Dope

Pearl
2007-03-08 09:31:12 EST
"CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote in message news:45f01afe$0$5249$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
> For all the good he's done for the environment-which, to be fair, is an
> awful lot-Al's leaving out a huge piece of the puzzle by ignoring the fact
> that the devastation caused by the meat industry
> (http://goveg.com/environment.asp) is among the worst environmental
> disasters ever to happen to the world. As we told him in our letter, sent
> earlier this week:
>
> While the steps that you urge people to take in An Inconvenient Truth are
> inarguably important, the quickest and most effective way to fight climate
> change will come through diet change.
> An inconvenient truth for him, maybe, but it's the truth nonetheless. Since
> he might not have seen the recent U.N. reports
> (http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=20772&Cr=global&Cr1=environment)
> on the subject, we pointed out to him that animals raised for food generate
> more greenhouse gases (http://goveg.com/environment-globalwarming.asp) than
> all cars and trucks combined, and that (according to a recent University of
> Chicago study), switching to a vegan diet is more effective in countering
> global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Prius. We've
> also offered to cook him some faux "fried chicken" as an introduction to
> meat-free meals, since, however many documentaries you make, you just can't
> be a meat-eating environmentalist. I'll let you know if he gets back to us.
>
> http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/03/clearing_a_few.php

Yes! Thank you!

CB
2007-03-08 09:52:16 EST

"pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
> "CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote in message
>> For all the good he's done for the environment-which, to be fair, is an
>> awful lot-Al's leaving out a huge piece of the puzzle by ignoring the
>> fact
>> that the devastation caused by the meat industry
>> (http://goveg.com/environment.asp) is among the worst environmental
>> disasters ever to happen to the world. As we told him in our letter, sent
>> earlier this week:
>>
>> While the steps that you urge people to take in An Inconvenient Truth
>> are
>> inarguably important, the quickest and most effective way to fight
>> climate
>> change will come through diet change.
>> An inconvenient truth for him, maybe, but it's the truth nonetheless.
>> Since
>> he might not have seen the recent U.N. reports
>> (http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=20772&Cr=global&Cr1=environment)
>> on the subject, we pointed out to him that animals raised for food
>> generate
>> more greenhouse gases (http://goveg.com/environment-globalwarming.asp)
>> than
>> all cars and trucks combined, and that (according to a recent University
>> of
>> Chicago study), switching to a vegan diet is more effective in countering
>> global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Prius.
>> We've
>> also offered to cook him some faux "fried chicken" as an introduction to
>> meat-free meals, since, however many documentaries you make, you just
>> can't
>> be a meat-eating environmentalist. I'll let you know if he gets back to
>> us.
>>
>> http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/03/clearing_a_few.php
>
> Yes! Thank you!

You're welcome

I'm going threw withdraws already. I used half the milk and omitted the
cheese I usually put in my eggs ;)

It'll get better

Pearl
2007-03-08 10:25:14 EST
"CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote in message news:45f02321$0$5762$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...

> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
> > "CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote in message
> >> For all the good he's done for the environment-which, to be fair, is an
> >> awful lot-Al's leaving out a huge piece of the puzzle by ignoring the
> >> fact that the devastation caused by the meat industry
> >> (http://goveg.com/environment.asp) is among the worst environmental
> >> disasters ever to happen to the world. As we told him in our letter, sent
> >> earlier this week:
> >>
> >> While the steps that you urge people to take in An Inconvenient Truth are
> >> inarguably important, the quickest and most effective way to fight climate
> >> change will come through diet change.
> >> An inconvenient truth for him, maybe, but it's the truth nonetheless.
> >> Since he might not have seen the recent U.N. reports
> >> (http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=20772&Cr=global&Cr1=environment)
> >> on the subject, we pointed out to him that animals raised for food generate
> >> more greenhouse gases (http://goveg.com/environment-globalwarming.asp)
> >> than all cars and trucks combined, and that (according to a recent University
> >> of Chicago study), switching to a vegan diet is more effective in countering
> >> global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Prius.
> >> We've also offered to cook him some faux "fried chicken" as an introduction to
> >> meat-free meals, since, however many documentaries you make, you just can't
> >> be a meat-eating environmentalist. I'll let you know if he gets back to us.
> >>
> >> http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/03/clearing_a_few.php
> >
> > Yes! Thank you!
>
> You're welcome
>
> I'm going threw withdraws already. I used half the milk and omitted the
> cheese I usually put in my eggs ;)
>
> It'll get better

No need to suffer at all. Substitute, substitute, substitute..
http://vegcooking.com/VegCooking.asp , also
http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/ . ... And enjoy. :)

C*@Knicklas.com
2007-03-08 10:28:56 EST
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:17:32 -0500, "CB"
<*B@PrayForMe.com> wrote:

>For all the good he's done for the environment-which, to be fair, is an
>awful lot-Al's leaving out a huge piece of the puzzle by ignoring the fact
>that the devastation caused by the meat industry

Don't you ever stop babbling---or finding babbling,
nonsensical spam articles?

Pete ‹•¿•›
2007-03-08 11:07:25 EST
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:17:32 -0500, "CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote:

>For all the good he's done for the environment-which, to be fair, is an
>awful lot-Al's leaving out a huge piece of the puzzle by ignoring the fact
>that the devastation caused by the meat industry
>(http://goveg.com/environment.asp) is among the worst environmental
>disasters ever to happen to the world. As we told him in our letter, sent
>earlier this week:
>
> While the steps that you urge people to take in An Inconvenient Truth are
>inarguably important, the quickest and most effective way to fight climate
>change will come through diet change.
>An inconvenient truth for him, maybe, but it's the truth nonetheless. Since
>he might not have seen the recent U.N. reports
>(http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=20772&Cr=global&Cr1=environment)
>on the subject, we pointed out to him that animals raised for food generate
>more greenhouse gases (http://goveg.com/environment-globalwarming.asp) than
>all cars and trucks combined, and that (according to a recent University of
>Chicago study), switching to a vegan diet is more effective in countering
>global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Prius. We've
>also offered to cook him some faux "fried chicken" as an introduction to
>meat-free meals, since, however many documentaries you make, you just can't
>be a meat-eating environmentalist. I'll let you know if he gets back to us.
>
>http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/03/clearing_a_few.php

Cars need to go too. What's the point in having eco friendly cars that
are grid locked!

--

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

Disclaimer

Pete has taken all reasonable care to ensure that pages published by him
were accurate on the date of publication or last modification.
Other pages which may be linked or which Pete may have published are in
a personal capacity. Pete takes no responsibility for the consequences
of error or for any loss or damage suffered by users of any of the information
published on any of these pages, and such information does not form any
basis of a contract with readers or users of it.

It is in the nature of Usenet & Web sites, that much of the information is
experimental or constantly changing, that information published may
be for test purposes only, may be out of date, or may be the personal
opinion of the author.
Readers should verify information gained from the Web/Usenet with the appropriate
authorities before relying on it.

Should you no longer wish to read this material or content, please use your
newsreaders kill filter.

Pete ‹•¿•›
2007-03-08 11:08:42 EST
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:52:16 -0500, "CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote:

>"pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
>> "CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote in message
>>> For all the good he's done for the environment-which, to be fair, is an
>>> awful lot-Al's leaving out a huge piece of the puzzle by ignoring the
>>> fact
>>> that the devastation caused by the meat industry
>>> (http://goveg.com/environment.asp) is among the worst environmental
>>> disasters ever to happen to the world. As we told him in our letter, sent
>>> earlier this week:
>>>
>>> While the steps that you urge people to take in An Inconvenient Truth
>>> are
>>> inarguably important, the quickest and most effective way to fight
>>> climate
>>> change will come through diet change.
>>> An inconvenient truth for him, maybe, but it's the truth nonetheless.
>>> Since
>>> he might not have seen the recent U.N. reports
>>> (http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=20772&Cr=global&Cr1=environment)
>>> on the subject, we pointed out to him that animals raised for food
>>> generate
>>> more greenhouse gases (http://goveg.com/environment-globalwarming.asp)
>>> than
>>> all cars and trucks combined, and that (according to a recent University
>>> of
>>> Chicago study), switching to a vegan diet is more effective in countering
>>> global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Prius.
>>> We've
>>> also offered to cook him some faux "fried chicken" as an introduction to
>>> meat-free meals, since, however many documentaries you make, you just
>>> can't
>>> be a meat-eating environmentalist. I'll let you know if he gets back to
>>> us.
>>>
>>> http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/03/clearing_a_few.php
>>
>> Yes! Thank you!
>
>You're welcome
>
>I'm going threw withdraws already. I used half the milk and omitted the
>cheese I usually put in my eggs ;)
>
>It'll get better

LOL. Try vegetarian first, then vegan. You might find it easier.
--

[...]

James
2007-03-08 12:01:02 EST

"CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote in message

> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
>> "CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote in message
>>> For all the good he's done for the environment-which, to be fair, is an
>>> awful lot-Al's leaving out a huge piece of the puzzle by ignoring the
>>> fact
>>> that the devastation caused by the meat industry
>>> (http://goveg.com/environment.asp) is among the worst environmental
>>> disasters ever to happen to the world. As we told him in our letter,
>>> sent
>>> earlier this week:
>>>
>>> While the steps that you urge people to take in An Inconvenient Truth
>>> are
>>> inarguably important, the quickest and most effective way to fight
>>> climate
>>> change will come through diet change.
>>> An inconvenient truth for him, maybe, but it's the truth nonetheless.
>>> Since
>>> he might not have seen the recent U.N. reports
>>> (http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=20772&Cr=global&Cr1=environment)
>>> on the subject, we pointed out to him that animals raised for food
>>> generate
>>> more greenhouse gases (http://goveg.com/environment-globalwarming.asp)
>>> than
>>> all cars and trucks combined, and that (according to a recent University
>>> of
>>> Chicago study), switching to a vegan diet is more effective in
>>> countering
>>> global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Prius.
>>> We've
>>> also offered to cook him some faux "fried chicken" as an introduction to
>>> meat-free meals, since, however many documentaries you make, you just
>>> can't
>>> be a meat-eating environmentalist. I'll let you know if he gets back to
>>> us.
>>>
>>> http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/03/clearing_a_few.php
>>
>> Yes! Thank you!
>
> You're welcome
>
> I'm going threw withdraws already. I used half the milk and omitted the
> cheese I usually put in my eggs ;)
>
> It'll get better
So you are switching to vegetarianism for the global warming scam?

2007-03-08 12:01:26 EST
On Mar 8, 9:17 am, "CB" <C...@PrayForMe.com> wrote:
> For all the good he's done for the environment-which, to be fair, is an
> awful lot-Al's leaving out a huge piece of the puzzle by ignoring the fact
> that the devastation caused by the meat industry
> (http://goveg.com/environment.asp) is among the worst environmental
> disasters ever to happen to the world. As we told him in our letter, sent
> earlier this week:

We knew that though,
Which is why Al Gore discovered
the San Franciso bridge.
Since it is meatless, and
100% pure Excel Laptop morons.

> While the steps that you urge people to take in An Inconvenient Truth are
> inarguably important, the quickest and most effective way to fight climate
> change will come through diet change.
> An inconvenient truth for him, maybe, but it's the truth nonetheless. Since
> he might not have seen the recent U.N. reports
> (http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=20772&Cr=global&Cr1=envi...)
> on the subject, we pointed out to him that animals raised for food generate
> more greenhouse gases (http://goveg.com/environment-globalwarming.asp) than
> all cars and trucks combined, and that (according to a recent University of
> Chicago study), switching to a vegan diet is more effective in countering
> global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Prius. We've
> also offered to cook him some faux "fried chicken" as an introduction to
> meat-free meals, since, however many documentaries you make, you just can't
> be a meat-eating environmentalist. I'll let you know if he gets back to us.
>
> http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/03/clearing_a_few.php
> --
> CB
> What put's Algore in his lockbox?http://home.austarnet.com.au/yours/Global%20Warming%20Problem.gif
>
> 2006 power billhttp://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/07.03.04.ConspicConsump-X.gif
>
> Global warming on Mars
> In its ninth year in orbit around Mars, NASA's Mars Global Surveyor has made
> a number of surprising discoveries. For three Mars summers in a row,
> deposits of frozen carbon dioxide near Mars' south pole have shrunk from the
> previous year's size, suggesting a climate change in progress. Apparently,
> President Bush's environmental policies are so destructive that they are
> causing global warming throughout the solar system.
> --Harry Dope

CB
2007-03-08 12:39:27 EST

"James" <kingkongg@iglou.com> wrote in message

> "CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
>>> "CB" <CB@PrayForMe.com> wrote in message

>>> Yes! Thank you!
>>
>> You're welcome
>>
>> I'm going threw withdraws already. I used half the milk and omitted the
>> cheese I usually put in my eggs ;)
>>
>> It'll get better
> So you are switching to vegetarianism for the global warming scam?

Not for that, to reduce the pollution that cows and chickens excrete into
the soil

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)