Vegetarian Discussion: Annual Dolphin Slaughter Begins In Japan

Annual Dolphin Slaughter Begins In Japan

Pearl
2006-10-25 17:22:41 EST
Sea Shepherd News
News Releases

10/20/2006

Annual Dolphin Slaughter Begins in Japan

On October 11th, Ito City Fishing Cooperative announced
that they will continue their annual "drive" hunt of dolphins.
They join Taiji, and other small villages along the coast of
Japan, in a bloodbath that results in the death of over 20,000
dolphins and small whales annually from October through
April each year.

Sanctioned by the government of Japan, which gives a quota
of how many animals can be slaughtered during the hunt,
these intelligent mammals are corralled into bays, where most
of them suffer a long and painful death by spears, hooks,
and drowning. Then, often sold under the guise of whale
meat, the highly toxic flesh of these animals is marketed to
the Japanese public in stores and restaurants - poisoning
their own citizens.

Dolphin and whale meat can be easily found in Japanese
food markets. The painted sign written in Japanese says,
"This is marinated whale meat."

Heavily funded by the captive dolphin industry which pays
upwards of $20,000 per dolphin, these drives become a
lucrative endeavor for these brutal murderers. Only a small
number of dolphins are actually sold for entertainment
purposes. According to the Ito Fishing Cooperative,
aquariums have already ordered a number of dolphins from
the dive hunt. These dolphins are destined for death in
captivity in an aquarium, water park, or "swim with dolphins"
programs.

The species targeted include the world's best known dolphin
- the bottlenose dolphin - along with striped dolphins, spotted
dolphins, Risso's dolphins, false killer whales, and short-finned
pilot whales. The status of each population is either threatened,
endangered, or unknown.

Ever since Sea Shepherd Conservation Society brought the
atrocity of the dolphin slaughter at Taiji to international
public attention in October 2003, we have been involved in
an ongoing campaign to end the slaughter.

Sea Shepherd is the most feared and disliked organization in
Taiji. Two of our crew, Allison Lance Watson and Alex
Cornelissen, physically released dolphins from the nets in
November 2003 and they were jailed in return for saving the
lives of dolphins. Our documentation has appeared on the
front pages of the world's newspapers and the video
documentation of the killing of the dolphins has been shown
worldwide.

Sea Shepherd is offering a reward of USD$10,000 to the
person or persons who can best document the annual
slaughter of dolphins and small cetaceans in Taiji or Futo,
Japan. For information and eligibility requirments, visit our
Rewards Page. http://www.seashepherd.org/rewards.html

Sea Shepherd continues in our commitment to ending the
cruel and barbaric slaughter of dolphins in Taiji, Japan.

Please join us in taking action. Please write an email, send
a letter or fax, to (see the sample letter below):

Prime Minister of Japan
Mr. Shinzo Abe
1-6-1 Nagata-cho 1 Chome
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
100-8968
JAPAN
E-mail the Japanese Prime Minister - click here
http://www.kantei.go.jp/foreign/forms/comment.html

Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries
Minister Toshikatsu Matsuoka
Website: http://www.maff.go.jp/eindex.html
E-mail the Minister of Fisheries here - click here
http://www.voice.maff.go.jp/maff-interactive/people/ShowWebFormAction.do?FORM_NO=5

Ito City Fishing Cooperative
1-1-18 Arai, Ito-shi,
Shizuoka-ken, Japan 414-0043
Fax:+81-557-35-0756
Email: ito@soitoshigyokyo.jf-net.ne.jp

Locate a Japanese Embassy near you:
http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/Japan/Japan.html
Or: http://www.learn4good.com/travel/japan_embassies.htm
Or: http://www.worldwide-tax.com/japan/japembassyout.asp

Sample letter:

Dear,

I am outraged by the annual brutal slaughter of dolphins and
whales that takes place in Japan. The images of bloody red
water clearly show the world that Japan has little respect for
the state of the world's oceans and for the conservation of
the marine resources it claims to support.

Many scientific studies show that the oceans are in decline.
We must take whatever actions are necessary to stop their
over-exploitation and to protect the creatures that live in them.
These dolphins do not belong to Japan. The status of the
species of dolphins and whales that you kill are either
endangered, threatened, or unknown. It is an unthinkable
waste that they will likely end up as a meat product or
deceptively sold as whale meat, polluted with toxic levels
of mercury and cadmium, killing people that eat it. It is
tragic and unacceptable that the remaining dolphins that are
not killed will end up destined for death in an aquarium,
water park, or "swim with dolphins" program.

In addition, the methods used to kill these animals are cruel.
Corralling the dolphins into bays, then making them suffer a
long and painful death by spears, hooks, and drowning is an
inhumane way of fishing. This action is disgraceful and has
caused much disappointment in the international community.

We demand that Japan permanently and immediately
renounce and stop this slaughter. We will work diligently
to bring this issue to international light until you have ceased
your reprehensible violence.

Sincerely,

http://www.seashepherd.org/news/media_061020_1.html

Kadaitcha Man
2006-10-25 22:37:37 EST
pearl <tea@signguestbook.ie>, the smudged assessor, berated:
> Sea Shepherd News
> News Releases
>
> 10/20/2006
>
> Annual Dolphin Slaughter Begins in Japan
>
> On October 11th, Ito City Fishing Cooperative announced
> that they will continue their annual "drive" hunt of dolphins.
> They join Taiji, and other small villages along the coast of
> Japan, in a bloodbath that results in the death of over 20,000
> dolphins and small whales annually from October through
> April each year.
>
> Sanctioned by the government of Japan, which gives a quota
> of how many animals can be slaughtered during the hunt,
> these intelligent mammals are corralled into bays, where most
> of them suffer a long and painful death by spears, hooks,
> and drowning. Then, often sold under the guise of whale
> meat, the highly toxic flesh<BITCHSLAP>

Bzzzzt. Wild claim presupposing the presence of polychlorinated biphenyls,
mercury, lead, arsenic, copper, dioxin, cadmium, et al.

--
alt.usenet.kooks - Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
September 2005 and April 2006

"K-Man's particular genius, however, lies not merely in his humour,
but his ability to make posters who had previously seemed reasonably
well-balanced turn into foaming, frothing, death threat-uttering
maniacs" - Snarky, Demon Lord of Confusion

Thou exceeding puppet. Thou foul, stinking mad ass.

Ronald 'More-More' Moshki
2006-10-26 00:56:02 EST
Kadaitcha Man wrote:
> pearl <tea@signguestbook.ie>, the smudged assessor, berated:
> > Sea Shepherd News
> > News Releases
> >
> > 10/20/2006
> >
> > Annual Dolphin Slaughter Begins in Japan
> >
> > On October 11th, Ito City Fishing Cooperative announced
> > that they will continue their annual "drive" hunt of dolphins.
> > They join Taiji, and other small villages along the coast of
> > Japan, in a bloodbath that results in the death of over 20,000
> > dolphins and small whales annually from October through
> > April each year.
> >
> > Sanctioned by the government of Japan, which gives a quota
> > of how many animals can be slaughtered during the hunt,
> > these intelligent mammals are corralled into bays, where most
> > of them suffer a long and painful death by spears, hooks,
> > and drowning. Then, often sold under the guise of whale
> > meat, the highly toxic flesh<BITCHSLAP>
>
> Bzzzzt. Wild claim presupposing the presence of polychlorinated biphenyls,
> mercury, lead, arsenic, copper, dioxin, cadmium, et al.
>
> --
> alt.usenet.kooks - Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
> September 2005 and April 2006
>
> "K-Man's particular genius, however, lies not merely in his humour,
> but his ability to make posters who had previously seemed reasonably
> well-balanced turn into foaming, frothing, death threat-uttering
> maniacs" - Snarky, Demon Lord of Confusion
>
> Thou exceeding puppet. Thou foul, stinking mad ass.

Japs are not human.

Pearl
2006-10-26 07:13:19 EST
"Kadaitcha Man" <> wrote in message news:ehp71j$6j5$1@blackhelicopter.databasix.com...

> pearl <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote:

> > Sea Shepherd News
> > News Releases
> >
> > 10/20/2006
> >
> > Annual Dolphin Slaughter Begins in Japan
> >
> > On October 11th, Ito City Fishing Cooperative announced
> > that they will continue their annual "drive" hunt of dolphins.
> > They join Taiji, and other small villages along the coast of
> > Japan, in a bloodbath that results in the death of over 20,000
> > dolphins and small whales annually from October through
> > April each year.
> >
> > Sanctioned by the government of Japan, which gives a quota
> > of how many animals can be slaughtered during the hunt,
> > these intelligent mammals are corralled into bays, where most
> > of them suffer a long and painful death by spears, hooks,
> > and drowning. Then, often sold under the guise of whale
> > meat, the highly toxic flesh
>
> Bzzzzt. Wild claim presupposing the presence of polychlorinated biphenyls,
> mercury, lead, arsenic, copper, dioxin, cadmium, et al.

'The concentrations of total mercury, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs),
and organochlorine pesticides (SDDT, dieldrin, hexachlorobenzene [HCB],
and SHCH) were determined in 61 whale meat products (bacon, blubber,
red meat, liver, intestine, and tongue) purchased from retail outlets across
Japan. Mean (range) concentrations of contaminants in all samples were:
total mercury 4.17 (0.01-204);SPCB 1.14 (0-8.94);SDDT 0.98 (0-7.46);
dieldrin 0.07 (0-0.35); HCB 0.06 (0-0.22); and SHCH 0.07 (0-0.19) \ufffdg/ g
(wet weight).The data were used to calculate estimated daily intakes (EDIs)
of contaminants at two hypothetical levels of whale meat consumption.
These EDIs were compared with FAO/WHO "tolerable daily intake" (TDI)
values for each chemical. EDIs calculated for higher levels of whale meat
consumption were in some cases exceptionally high and for many products
exceeded FAO/ WHO-TDIs for total mercury, PCBs, and dieldrin, with
exceedance factor values (EDI/TDI) for total mercury, PCBs, and dieldrin
reaching maxima of 175, 5.36, and 2.1, respectively. For sensitive consumers
and those with high-level consumption (e.g., whaling communities), exposure
to mercury and to a lesser extent PCBs from certain whale blubber and bacon
and striped dolphin liver products could lead to chronic health effects. The
Japanese community should therefore exercise a precautionary approach to
the consumption of such foods in excess, particularly by high-risk members
of the population.
http://palumbi.stanford.edu/manuscripts/Simmonds%20et%20al%202002.pdf

'Mercury in Japan's Whale Meat

Whale meat and organs have long been featured ingredients in traditional
Japanese dishes. Today, the meat and organs of small cetaceans including
whale and dolphin are not as widely eaten, but they are readily available
throughout Japan. Now scientists have discovered dangerously high
levels of mercury in cetacean meat products sold as food there.

A whale of a problem. Whale meat, though not widely eaten in Japan, is
readily available there. Such meat can contain far more mercury than
deemed safe by the U.S. and Japanese governments.
image credits: Ezra Clarke/EIA

The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare has set the safe
level of total mercury at 0.4 parts per million (ppm) for marine foods
(the U.S. level is set at 1.0 ppm). Each year, Japan allows more than
22,000 small cetaceans to be legally harvested for food around the
coast of Japan, although Naoko Funahashi, Japan's representative for
the International Fund for Animal Welfare, estimates the actual catch is
around 17,000-19,000.

Toothed whales--including porpoise, dolphin, and some whale species
--are top predators in the sea life food chain. These small cetaceans
therefore tend to accumulate higher loads of pollutants such as mercury
than do filter feeders such as baleen whales.

"The real health problem is that some dolphin meat is being mislabeled
as baleen whale meat," says Naomi A. Rose, a marine-mammal scientist
with The Humane Society of the United States, a Washington, D.C.-
based nonprofit organization opposed to commercial whaling. Most
consumers can't distinguish the red steaks of small cetacean meat
from those of baleen whale meat. "Whoever is getting those unlucky
packages is getting a lot of contaminants," says Rose. "People are
playing Russian roulette."

Between 2000 and 2002, a team of scientists led by Tetsuya Endo, a
professor in the Department of Clinical Toxicology and Metabolism at
the Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, purchased whale meat
samples from markets across the country. The researchers measured
total mercury levels and performed genetic analysis to verify the species
of each sample. Their findings were published in the 15 June 2003
edition of Environmental Science & Technology.

Samples of Dall's porpoise, the most commonly harvested cetacean in
Japan, had an average total mercury level of 1.26 ppm, with the highest
sample at 2.51 ppm. Samples of false killer whale had an average total
mercury level of 46.9 ppm, with a high of 81.0 ppm. Even the levels in
baleen whales were high. North Pacific minke whale samples had a total
average mercury level of 0.10 ppm. "This shows that pollution levels in
the ocean are at such a bad level that even filter feeders are
bioaccumulating some kinds of contaminants," says Frank Cipriano,
director of the Conservation Genetics Laboratory at San Francisco
State University.

Perhaps even more alarming are the results of a separate study in which
the team sampled mixtures of boiled internal organs--sold in packages
in retail outlets--for total mercury and essential heavy metals. In samples
of boiled small cetacean livers purchased between 1999 and 2001, the
researchers found an average total mercury level of 370.0 ppm. Two
samples had total mercury levels that topped 1,970.0 ppm.

"These levels are a thousand times greater than the worst samples that
we get in predatory fish in the United States," says Charles Santerre,
an environmental toxicologist at Purdue University. "With a tuna steak,
you might get one part per million of mercury. This problem in Japan
is in a different league altogether."

In their report, published in the December 2002 issue of The Science
of the Total Environment, Endo and colleagues noted that acute
mercury intoxication could result from a single meal of whale internal
organs, with effects that can include serious nervous system symptoms,
staggering, coma, and death. They called on the Japanese government
to regulate human consumption of whale and dolphin internal organs.

In 2002, a revised Japanese national law required that all fresh seafood
products be labeled with the species name. And on 3 June 2003, based
on studies suggesting that fetal exposure to methylmercury could harm
the developing nervous system, the Japanese health ministry issued a
warning to pregnant women to limit consumption of certain whale
products to no more than one 60- to 80-gram serving a week and
bottlenose dolphin to no more than once every two months.

But, says Funahashi, "many products still lack a species name, and
many have the wrong or false name" (there is no penalty for mislabeling).
Furthermore, the Japanese word for whale, kujira, can also mean dolphin
or porpoise. Some Japanese media have highlighted the mislabeling
problem, so more consumers are aware of it, she says. "But cetacean
meat is [no longer] a common food, so it is not a huge concern among
the public--yet."

http://www.ehponline.org/docs/2003/111-14/forum.html

Kadaitcha Man
2006-10-26 07:14:27 EST
pearl <tea@signguestbook.ie>, the immature moneylender, entreated:

Your line length is fux0red.

--
alt.usenet.kooks - Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
September 2005 and April 2006

"K-Man's particular genius, however, lies not merely in his humour,
but his ability to make posters who had previously seemed reasonably
well-balanced turn into foaming, frothing, death threat-uttering
maniacs" - Snarky, Demon Lord of Confusion

Thou stubborn spirit. A most pathetical nit.

Putain
2006-10-26 08:23:37 EST

"Ronald 'More-More' Moshki" <sector_four@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Kadaitcha Man wrote:
> > pearl <tea@signguestbook.ie>, the smudged assessor, berated:
> > > Sea Shepherd News
> > > News Releases
> > >
> > > 10/20/2006
> > >
> > > Annual Dolphin Slaughter Begins in Japan
> > >
> > > On October 11th, Ito City Fishing Cooperative announced
> > > that they will continue their annual "drive" hunt of dolphins.
> > > They join Taiji, and other small villages along the coast of
> > > Japan, in a bloodbath that results in the death of over 20,000
> > > dolphins and small whales annually from October through
> > > April each year.
> > >
> > > Sanctioned by the government of Japan, which gives a quota
> > > of how many animals can be slaughtered during the hunt,
> > > these intelligent mammals are corralled into bays, where most
> > > of them suffer a long and painful death by spears, hooks,
> > > and drowning. Then, often sold under the guise of whale
> > > meat, the highly toxic flesh<BITCHSLAP>
> >
> > Bzzzzt. Wild claim presupposing the presence of polychlorinated
biphenyls,
> > mercury, lead, arsenic, copper, dioxin, cadmium, et al.
> >
> > --
> > alt.usenet.kooks - Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
> > September 2005 and April 2006
> >
> > "K-Man's particular genius, however, lies not merely in his humour,
> > but his ability to make posters who had previously seemed reasonably
> > well-balanced turn into foaming, frothing, death threat-uttering
> > maniacs" - Snarky, Demon Lord of Confusion
> >
> > Thou exceeding puppet. Thou foul, stinking mad ass.
>
> Japs are not human.

No more or less human than the Chinese who eat dogs.

Kadaitcha Man
2006-10-26 23:25:36 EST
Putain <putain@faitchier.net>, the geriatric servant who runs errands,
dislodged:
> "Ronald 'More-More' Moshki" <sector_four@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Kadaitcha Man wrote:
>>> pearl <tea@signguestbook.ie>, the smudged assessor, berated:

>>> Bzzzzt. Wild claim presupposing the presence of polychlorinated
>>> biphenyls, mercury, lead, arsenic, copper, dioxin, cadmium, et al.
>>>
>>> --
>>> alt.usenet.kooks - Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
>>> September 2005 and April 2006
>>>
>>> "K-Man's particular genius, however, lies not merely in his humour,
>>> but his ability to make posters who had previously seemed reasonably
>>> well-balanced turn into foaming, frothing, death threat-uttering
>>> maniacs" - Snarky, Demon Lord of Confusion
>>>
>>> Thou exceeding puppet. Thou foul, stinking mad ass.
>>
>> Japs are not human.
>>

> No more or less human than the Chinese who eat dogs.

Having been in China recently, I can tell you cooked dog tastes like very
gamey turkey. Not too bad with a nice Bernaise sauce made with tarragon
vinegar, so you should shut the fuck up until you've tried it yourself.
You're no better than one of those fuckwitted movie critics who tear apart
movies they've never seen.

--
alt.usenet.kooks - Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
September 2005 and April 2006

"K-Man's particular genius, however, lies not merely in his humour,
but his ability to make posters who had previously seemed reasonably
well-balanced turn into foaming, frothing, death threat-uttering
maniacs" - Snarky, Demon Lord of Confusion

Thou cullion. Thou bloodsucking, wood-headed silly dwarf.

D*@.
2006-10-27 09:22:43 EST
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:22:41 +0100, "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote:

>Sea Shepherd News
>News Releases
>
>10/20/2006
>
>Annual Dolphin Slaughter Begins in Japan
>
>On October 11th, Ito City Fishing Cooperative announced
>that they will continue their annual "drive" hunt of dolphins.
>They join Taiji, and other small villages along the coast of
>Japan, in a bloodbath that results in the death of over 20,000
>dolphins and small whales annually from October through
>April each year.
>
>Sanctioned by the government of Japan, which gives a quota
>of how many animals can be slaughtered during the hunt,
>these intelligent mammals are corralled into bays, where most
>of them suffer a long and painful death by spears, hooks,
>and drowning. Then, often sold under the guise of whale
>meat, the highly toxic flesh of these animals is marketed to
>the Japanese public in stores and restaurants - poisoning
>their own citizens.

Yeah, sure it does.

>Dolphin and whale meat can be easily found in Japanese
>food markets. The painted sign written in Japanese says,
>"This is marinated whale meat."
>
>Heavily funded by the captive dolphin industry which pays
>upwards of $20,000 per dolphin,

Yeah, sure it does.

>these drives become a
>lucrative endeavor for these brutal murderers. Only a small
>number of dolphins are actually sold for entertainment
>purposes. According to the Ito Fishing Cooperative,
>aquariums have already ordered a number of dolphins from
>the dive hunt. These dolphins are destined for death in
>captivity in an aquarium, water park, or "swim with dolphins"
>programs.
>
>The species targeted include the world's best known dolphin
>- the bottlenose dolphin - along with striped dolphins, spotted
>dolphins, Risso's dolphins, false killer whales, and short-finned
>pilot whales. The status of each population is either threatened,
>endangered, or unknown.
>
>Ever since Sea Shepherd Conservation Society brought the
>atrocity of the dolphin slaughter at Taiji to international
>public attention in October 2003, we have been involved in
>an ongoing campaign to end the slaughter.
>
>Sea Shepherd is the most feared and disliked organization in
>Taiji.

Yeah, sure it is.

Demon Lord Of Confusion
2006-10-28 07:42:44 EST
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:59:27 +0545, Kadaitcha Man attempted to confuse the
issue further by squeaking:
> [...]
>> products be labeled with the species name. And on 3 June 2003, based on
>> studies suggesting that fetal exposure to methylmercury could harm the
>> developing nervous system, the Japanese health ministry issued a warning
>> to pregnant women to limit consumption of certain whale products to no
>> more than one 60- to 80-gram serving a week and bottlenose dolphin to no
>> more than once every two months.
>>
>> But, says Funahashi, "many products still lack a species name, and many
>> have the wrong or false name" (there is no penalty for mislabeling).
>> Furthermore, the Japanese word for whale, kujira, can also mean dolphin
>> or porpoise. Some Japanese media have highlighted the mislabeling
>> problem, so more consumers are aware of it, she says. "But cetacean meat
>> is [no longer] a common food, so it is not a huge concern among the

It looks to me like a newsreader issue -- I just checked her line length
in a test reply (not posted), and none of them were over 77
characters...Then again, I'm using a smallish font.;-{P}

Hail Eris! mhm 29x21; TM#5; COOSN-029-06-71069
The God of Odd Statements, the Ugliest Pigfucker In The Universe
Stupidity Takes Its Toll. Please Have Exact Change.

If you never read anything else in any of my sigs, read this:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15321167/
http://borealin.livejournal.com/15104.html
Or watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxmPjB0WSs
Then, if you manage to read/watch all that, try this:
http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf
And Molly Ivins had a few choice words to say about it, weeks before:
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/092906B.shtml
Here's Chris Floyd: Fatal Vision: The Deeper Evil Behind the Detainee
Bill: http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/100206A.shtml

"Q: What's the difference between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War?
A: George W. Bush had a plan to get out of the Vietnam War." -- Anon.

Thread where outing begins: http://tinyurl.com/hojf8
George Pickett Memorial Trophy, Special Ops Cody Memorial Purple Heart,
and the Order of the Holey Sockpuppet winner <wfh_jr@hotmail.com> on
outing personal contact info in x-poasted subject lines:
"Plenty of people post under their real names and do not attempt to hide
their contact info. You are scared of being 'outed' because you are a
pathological abuser of usenet, and people rightly despise you for it.
You're afraid of being reported to the authorities or, better, visited
by a couple of guys with baseball bats. Other people don't have this
obsessive fear. Ward Hardman himself has posted plenty of personal
information - nothing that anyone else added was hidden in any way.
You're so fucking scared you've built up this whole sick mythology about
different categories of bad dudes who 'out' scum like you.

"Meanwhile you are the ugliest pigfucker in the universe. You are the
coward without ethics. You call me a 'newbie' - ha! what an asshole you
are. Those who want to remain anonymous do so. There is absolutely no
way you could identify me, not unless you had the sort of subpoena power
that only gets turned on for big-time terrorists. That's because I chose
to be anonymous. Some people don't. Only really stupid dicks like you
choose the sort of semi-anonymity which leaves you in constant fear.

"What a dickless wonder you are 'Snarky' you fat asshole."
-- in MID: <1156587081.123977.43800@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>

"I am the only one who has outer filthed Ward" -- James C. "Crackhead"
Cracked voluntarily self-immolates, in MID:
1*0@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com

"When I told Abbie Hoffman that he was the first one who made me laugh
since Lenny Bruce died, Hoffman said, "Really? He was my god." The
combination of satirical irreverence and sense of justice that Bruce and
Hoffman shared was the real spirit behind the Yippies--a term I coined to
describe a phenomenon that already existed: an organic coalition of stoned
hippies and political activists who engaged in such actions as throwing
money on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, then explaining to
reporters the meaning of that symbolism. Folksinger Phil Ochs summed it
up: "A demonstration should turn you on, not turn you off." So when
journalists link the Yippies with misleading bedfellows, at best it's
careless shorthand; at worst it's deliberate demonization. Osama bin Laden
wanted an aircraft to crash into the Pentagon. Abbie Hoffman merely wanted
to levitate it." -- Paul Krassner, http://tinyurl.com/ehu3v

Demon Lord Of Confusion
2006-10-28 07:46:57 EST
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:10:36 +0545, Kadaitcha Man attempted to confuse the
issue further by squeaking:
> Putain, the geriatric servant who runs errands, dislodged:

>>> Japs are not human.
>>
>> No more or less human than the Chinese who eat dogs.
>
> Having been in China recently, I can tell you cooked dog tastes like very
> gamey turkey. Not too bad with a nice Bernaise sauce made with tarragon
> vinegar, so you should shut the fuck up until you've tried it yourself.
> You're no better than one of those fuckwitted movie critics who tear apart
> movies they've never seen.

Feh. China, Japan -- they're both full of hawt guys. I prefer Chinese to
Japanese cuisine, mind you. Never cared much for raw fish, and these days,
raw fish is very hazardous, potentially speaking.

Hail Eris! mhm 29x21; TM#5; COOSN-029-06-71069
The God of Odd Statements, the Ugliest Pigfucker In The Universe
Stupidity Takes Its Toll. Please Have Exact Change.

If you never read anything else in any of my sigs, read this:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15321167/
http://borealin.livejournal.com/15104.html
Or watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxmPjB0WSs
Then, if you manage to read/watch all that, try this:
http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf
And Molly Ivins had a few choice words to say about it, weeks before:
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/092906B.shtml
Here's Chris Floyd: Fatal Vision: The Deeper Evil Behind the Detainee
Bill: http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/100206A.shtml

"Q: What's the difference between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War?
A: George W. Bush had a plan to get out of the Vietnam War." -- Anon.