Vegetarian Discussion: Cheeses

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

Magrat_Garlick
2006-10-12 16:30:31 EST
Hello everybody :)

My name is Maria, I'm a 36 years old female from Bulgaria.
I've got a question. I love cheese but I came to know that a lot of
cheeses are made with animal rennet. Now, do you know brands of cheese
that are suitable for vegetarians? For example the most popular Brie
they sell here is the brie by President. I stopped buying it some time
ago, because the rennet they use is not specified on the pack. Do you
know what kind of rennet President uses? I'd be very grateful if
somebody answers my question. I stopped buying brie, emmetal, grana,
mozzarella... some time ago and I really miss them. :)

Dutch
2006-10-12 17:34:45 EST

"Magrat_Garlick" <feishtica@gmail.com> wrote
> Hello everybody :)
>
> My name is Maria, I'm a 36 years old female from Bulgaria.
> I've got a question. I love cheese but I came to know that a lot of
> cheeses are made with animal rennet. Now, do you know brands of cheese
> that are suitable for vegetarians? For example the most popular Brie
> they sell here is the brie by President. I stopped buying it some time
> ago, because the rennet they use is not specified on the pack. Do you
> know what kind of rennet President uses? I'd be very grateful if
> somebody answers my question. I stopped buying brie, emmetal, grana,
> mozzarella... some time ago and I really miss them. :)

Stop worrying and enjoy your cheese, animals are killed in all forms of
agriculture, this obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell from your
food is a pointless and misguided quest. The perfection you believe you will
attain is a self-serving illusion.

Wrote
2006-10-13 01:38:30 EST
Ditch:

> "Magrat_Garlick" <feishtica@gmail.com> wrote
>
>>Hello everybody :)
>>
>>My name is Maria, I'm a 36 years old female from Bulgaria.
>>I've got a question. I love cheese but I came to know that a lot of
>>cheeses are made with animal rennet. Now, do you know brands of cheese
>>that are suitable for vegetarians? For example the most popular Brie
>>they sell here is the brie by President. I stopped buying it some time
>>ago, because the rennet they use is not specified on the pack. Do you
>>know what kind of rennet President uses? I'd be very grateful if
>>somebody answers my question. I stopped buying brie, emmetal, grana,
>>mozzarella... some time ago and I really miss them. :)

Rennet is stomach-lining membrane, likely from a calf. If the package
says "rennet" that should tell you enough already. Look for *rennetless*
cheese.

> Stop worrying and enjoy your cheese, animals are killed in all forms of
> agriculture, this obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell from your

Obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell? She's asking for CHEESE,
dope.

Dutch
2006-10-13 02:28:34 EST

"Wrote" <wrote@mail.com> wrote
> Ditch:
>
>> "Magrat_Garlick" <feishtica@gmail.com> wrote
>>
>>>Hello everybody :)
>>>
>>>My name is Maria, I'm a 36 years old female from Bulgaria.
>>>I've got a question. I love cheese but I came to know that a lot of
>>>cheeses are made with animal rennet. Now, do you know brands of cheese
>>>that are suitable for vegetarians? For example the most popular Brie
>>>they sell here is the brie by President. I stopped buying it some time
>>>ago, because the rennet they use is not specified on the pack. Do you
>>>know what kind of rennet President uses? I'd be very grateful if
>>>somebody answers my question. I stopped buying brie, emmetal, grana,
>>>mozzarella... some time ago and I really miss them. :)
>
> Rennet is stomach-lining membrane, likely from a calf. If the package says
> "rennet" that should tell you enough already. Look for *rennetless*
> cheese.

Brilliant advice, she asked for cheese without rennet and you advise her to
look for "rennetless cheese". How did you gain such an insightful grasp of
the obvious?

>> Stop worrying and enjoy your cheese, animals are killed in all forms of
>> agriculture, this obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell from your
>
> Obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell? She's asking for CHEESE

Exactly my point.

Magrat_Garlick
2006-10-13 02:50:23 EST
Well, I'm sorry, but I just can't can't enjoy something if I know it
was necessary to kill an animal in order for this thing to be done.
Rennet is not necessary of animal origin, it can be microbial or
vegetable too.
Dutch написа:
> "Wrote" <wrote@mail.com> wrote
> > Ditch:
> >
> >> "Magrat_Garlick" <feishtica@gmail.com> wrote

> > Rennet is stomach-lining membrane, likely from a calf. If the package says
> > "rennet" that should tell you enough already. Look for *rennetless*
> > cheese.
>
> Brilliant advice, she asked for cheese without rennet and you advise her to
> look for "rennetless cheese". How did you gain such an insightful grasp of
> the obvious?
>
> >> Stop worrying and enjoy your cheese, animals are killed in all forms of
> >> agriculture, this obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell from your
> >
> > Obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell? She's asking for CHEESE
>
> Exactly my point.

Dutch
2006-10-13 03:37:40 EST

"Magrat_Garlick" <feishtica@gmail.com> wrote
Well, I'm sorry, but I just can't can't enjoy something if I know it
was necessary to kill an animal in order for this thing to be done.

They don't kill sheep in order to supply the cheese industry with this
substance, it will go to waste otherwise. Whatever product they use in it's
place will have to be manufactured, and there is a cost to that also.

> Rennet is not necessary of animal origin, it can be microbial or vegetable
> too.

The dairy industry itself kills many animals, male calves are generally
killed at birth, and cows are killed when their productivity drops below a
set level. Animals are killed in the growing of the feed that the cows eat.

These furtive attempts to eliminate the evidence of death from your diet are
pointless. This thing called "veganism" is a hoax, and you are it's willing
victim.

Dutch ??????:
> "Wrote" <wrote@mail.com> wrote
> > Ditch:
> >
> >> "Magrat_Garlick" <feishtica@gmail.com> wrote

> > Rennet is stomach-lining membrane, likely from a calf. If the package
> > says
> > "rennet" that should tell you enough already. Look for *rennetless*
> > cheese.
>
> Brilliant advice, she asked for cheese without rennet and you advise her
> look for "rennetless cheese". How did you gain such an insightful grasp
> of
> the obvious?
>
> >> Stop worrying and enjoy your cheese, animals are killed in all forms of
> >> agriculture, this obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell from
> >> your
> >
> > Obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell? She's asking for CHEESE
>
> Exactly my point.

Wrote
2006-10-13 03:40:08 EST
Magrat_Garlick wrote:

> Well, I'm sorry, but I just can't can't enjoy something if I know it
> was necessary to kill an animal in order for this thing to be done.
> Rennet is not necessary of animal origin, it can be microbial or
> vegetable too.

I didn't know that. I've always thought rennet is from animals. And my
dictionary says that rennet is an extract from the lining of a calf's
stomach. I've seen plenty of cheeses that specify rennetless on the
label. Usually emblazoned in bold letters, not hidden in the list of
ingredients.

> Dutch написа:
>
>>"Wrote" <wrote@mail.com> wrote
>>
>>>Ditch:

>>>Rennet is stomach-lining membrane, likely from a calf. If the package says
>>>"rennet" that should tell you enough already. Look for *rennetless*
>>>cheese.
>>
>>Brilliant advice, she asked for cheese without rennet and you advise her to
>>look for "rennetless cheese". How did you gain such an insightful grasp of
>>the obvious?

Unlike you, I actually paid attention to what she wrote. She didn't ask
for cheese without rennet.

>>>Obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell? She's asking for CHEESE
>>
>>Exactly my point.

Which is no point at all. She's not trying to eliminate every animal
cell from her food. She wants to avoid *RENNET*, not cheese. Get it???

Dutch
2006-10-13 03:53:51 EST

"Wrote" <wrote@mail.com> wrote in message
> Magrat_Garlick wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm sorry, but I just can't can't enjoy something if I know it
>> was necessary to kill an animal in order for this thing to be done.
>> Rennet is not necessary of animal origin, it can be microbial or
>> vegetable too.
>
> I didn't know that. I've always thought rennet is from animals. And my
> dictionary says that rennet is an extract from the lining of a calf's
> stomach. I've seen plenty of cheeses that specify rennetless on the label.
> Usually emblazoned in bold letters, not hidden in the list of ingredients.

>> Dutch ??????:
>>
>>>"Wrote" <wrote@mail.com> wrote

>>>Brilliant advice, she asked for cheese without rennet and you advise her
>>>look for "rennetless cheese". How did you gain such an insightful grasp
>>>of
>>>the obvious?
>
> Unlike you, I actually paid attention to what she wrote. She didn't ask
> for cheese without rennet.

You're right, but that's what she wants. And as I explained, it's a silly
and irrational thing to deprive herself over.

>>>Exactly my point.
>
> Which is no point at all. She's not trying to eliminate every animal cell
> from her food.

She's trying to eliminate all evidence of animal death from her food. It
won't work, cheese is evidence of animal death, it's just not quite as
obvious.

> She wants to avoid *RENNET*, not cheese. Get it???

I thought you said she didn't want to avoid rennet, make up your mind.

Wrote
2006-10-13 05:29:37 EST
Ditch:

> I thought you said she didn't want to avoid rennet, make up your mind.

--> "She didn't ask for cheese without rennet." <--

See? I said she didn't _ask_ for cheese without rennet.
Why do you suppose I bothered to explain what rennet is? Now, if you
know of some kind of animal-free rennet, why don't you share?

Rick
2006-10-13 10:24:42 EST

"Magrat_Garlick" <feishtica@gmail.com> wrote in message
Well, I'm sorry, but I just can't can't enjoy something if I know
it
was necessary to kill an animal in order for this thing to be
done.
=======================
Then you are either too stupid to understnad how the world works,
or just deliberately ignoring reality. NOTHING you eat comes
cruelty free. Not cheese, not bread, not vegetables, not fruit.
Nothing! It all causes death and suffering of animals. Animals
are deliberately targetted and killed in the production of the
foods your eat, and the products you buy. All this death and
suffering for YOUR convenience and entertainment. Again, lose
the smug ignorant delusions of veg*n helps animals..

Rennet is not necessary of animal origin, it can be microbial or
vegetable too.
Dutch \ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd:
> "Wrote" <wrote@mail.com> wrote
> > Ditch:
> >
> >> "Magrat_Garlick" <feishtica@gmail.com> wrote

> > Rennet is stomach-lining membrane, likely from a calf. If the
> > package says
> > "rennet" that should tell you enough already. Look for
> > *rennetless*
> > cheese.
>
> Brilliant advice, she asked for cheese without rennet and you
> advise her to
> look for "rennetless cheese". How did you gain such an
> insightful grasp of
> the obvious?
>
> >> Stop worrying and enjoy your cheese, animals are killed in
> >> all forms of
> >> agriculture, this obsessive need to eliminate every animal
> >> cell from your
> >
> > Obsessive need to eliminate every animal cell? She's asking
> > for CHEESE
>
> Exactly my point.

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)