Vegetarian Discussion: I Agree With The Fda AND Natural Selection Foods; Lesley Stubbornly Disagrees With Them Both

I Agree With The Fda AND Natural Selection Foods; Lesley Stubbornly Disagrees With Them Both

Chico Chupacabra
2006-09-23 10:16:47 EST
Natural Selection Foods, the distributor of tainted spinach, issued a
clearly-worded press release that says:

This does not mean that organic products have been cleared.
-- Natural Selection/Earthbound Farms press release
http://www.ebfarm.com/press/SpinachUpdates/

This is in agreement with the FDA position that organic produce has NOT
been cleared yet:

"You can get E. coli contamination with organic products," Dr. David
Acheson, director of Food Safety and Security at the FDA's Center for
Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, said during a teleconference
Wednesday. "AT THIS POINT WE HAVE NOT RULED IN OR OUT ORGANIC
SPINACH. We're not at the point of saying it's one or the other."
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/health/285852_spinach21.html

I accept the statements of both the supplier and the FDA. Lesley rejects
them both.

Lesley is a lying retard. QED.

Pearl
2006-09-23 10:33:42 EST
"chico chupacabra" <no@way.jose> wrote in message news:jlbRg.22714$4B3.13176@tornado.texas.rr.com...

> Natural Selection Foods, the distributor of tainted spinach, issued a
> clearly-worded press release that says:

'... the manufacturing codes turned over to health officials from packages
of spinach that had infected patients *ALL* were from non-organic spinach.
The company packages both organic and conventionally grown spinach in
separate areas at its San Juan Bautista, Calif., plant.'
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2006-09-18-spinach-ecoli_x.htm

<*emphasis added>. chimpo chumpo needs to get a life.

Chico Chupacabra
2006-09-23 10:38:33 EST
Lying Lesley lied:

> > Natural Selection Foods, the distributor of tainted spinach, issued
> > a clearly-worded press release that says:

This does not mean that organic products have been cleared.
-- Natural Selection/Earthbound Farms press release
http://www.ebfarm.com/press/SpinachUpdates/

This is in agreement with the FDA position that organic produce has NOT
been cleared yet:

"You can get E. coli contamination with organic products," Dr. David
Acheson, director of Food Safety and Security at the FDA's Center for
Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, said during a teleconference
Wednesday. "AT THIS POINT WE HAVE NOT RULED IN OR OUT ORGANIC
SPINACH. We're not at the point of saying it's one or the other."
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/health/285852_spinach21.html

I accept the statements of both the supplier and the FDA. Lesley rejects
them both.

Lesley is a lying and malnourished retard with poor reading
comprehension. QED.

Scented Nectar
2006-09-23 12:38:44 EST
Face it Chicky, contamination can happen to BOTH conventional and
organic foods. Your whole goal in posting in the first place was to
slur organics specifically.

Chico Chupacabra
2006-09-23 12:49:49 EST
Skanky, 46 year-old slacker dependent on her aging parents, wrote:

> Face it

This does not mean that organic products have been cleared.
-- Natural Selection/Earthbound Farms press release
http://www.ebfarm.com/press/SpinachUpdates/

This is in agreement with the FDA position that organic produce has NOT
been cleared yet:

"You can get E. coli contamination with organic products," Dr. David
Acheson, director of Food Safety and Security at the FDA's Center for
Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, said during a teleconference
Wednesday. "AT THIS POINT WE HAVE NOT RULED IN OR OUT ORGANIC
SPINACH. We're not at the point of saying it's one or the other."
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/health/285852_spinach21.html

> contamination can happen to BOTH conventional and
> organic foods.

You're preaching to the choir: take it up with the raving moonbat
Lesley.

> Your whole goal in posting in the first place was to
> slur organics specifically.

The company involved in distributing tainted spinach specializes in
organics, and their wild and unsupported claims about the benefits of
organics is very fair game -- especially since they're responsible for
scores of sickened people.

El Guapo
2006-09-23 13:49:27 EST

chico chupacabra wrote:
> Skanky, 46 year-old slacker dependent on her aging parents, wrote:
>
> > Face it
>
> This does not mean that organic products have been cleared.
> -- Natural Selection/Earthbound Farms press release
> http://www.ebfarm.com/press/SpinachUpdates/
>
> This is in agreement with the FDA position that organic produce has NOT
> been cleared yet:
>
> "You can get E. coli contamination with organic products," Dr. David
> Acheson, director of Food Safety and Security at the FDA's Center for
> Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, said during a teleconference
> Wednesday. "AT THIS POINT WE HAVE NOT RULED IN OR OUT ORGANIC
> SPINACH. We're not at the point of saying it's one or the other."
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/health/285852_spinach21.html
>
> > contamination can happen to BOTH conventional and
> > organic foods.
>
> You're preaching to the choir: take it up with the raving moonbat
> Lesley.
>
> > Your whole goal in posting in the first place was to
> > slur organics specifically.
>
> The company involved in distributing tainted spinach specializes in
> organics, and their wild and unsupported claims about the benefits of
> organics is very fair game -- especially since they're responsible for
> scores of sickened people.

Goo you stupid little retarded homo, much of the produce in the US and
elsewhere is watered with recycled sewage water. The E.coli may well be
on every piece of lettuce or spinach that you eat.

People who don't wash their produce before consuming it might well run
the risk of getting sick.

Chico Chupacabra
2006-09-24 07:27:19 EST
Ronnie HOMO-ton, wearing his El Pendejo Maricon sock puppet, wrote:

> > Skanky, 46 year-old slacker dependent on her aging parents, wrote:
> >
> > > Face it
> >
> > This does not mean that organic products have been cleared.
> > -- Natural Selection/Earthbound Farms press release
> > http://www.ebfarm.com/press/SpinachUpdates/
> >
> > This is in agreement with the FDA position that organic produce has
> > NOT been cleared yet:
> >
> > "You can get E. coli contamination with organic products," Dr.
> > David Acheson, director of Food Safety and Security at the FDA's
> > Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, said during a
> > teleconference Wednesday. "AT THIS POINT WE HAVE NOT RULED IN OR
> > OUT ORGANIC SPINACH. We're not at the point of saying it's one
> > or the other."
> > http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/health/285852_spinach21.html
> >
> > > contamination can happen to BOTH conventional and
> > > organic foods.
> >
> > You're preaching to the choir: take it up with the raving moonbat
> > Lesley.
> >
> > > Your whole goal in posting in the first place was to
> > > slur organics specifically.
> >
> > The company involved in distributing tainted spinach specializes in
> > organics, and their wild and unsupported claims about the benefits
> > of organics is very fair game -- especially since they're
> > responsible for scores of sickened people.
>

> Goo you stupid little retarded homo, much of the produce in the US and
> elsewhere is watered with recycled sewage water.

Show me one molecule of water on our planet that isn't recycled or
reclaimed, you irrational little pansy. What you stupidly call "recycled
sewage water" is called "water" by the rest of the world. It's treated
and acceptable for use on crops. Your hysteria over the realities of
life isn't too surprising, but it's amusing.

> The E.coli may well
> be on every piece of lettuce or spinach that you eat.

Or *in* it, you fat fuck:

If the E. coli pathogen is found to be inside the plant leaves, that
might have serious implications for the burgeoning organic foods market.

Scientists at Rutgers University reported four years ago that they had
shown that quantities of the bacteria sufficient to cause disease can be
present in - rather than on - the plants' leaves.

"I am concerned from the findings that we have," said Karl Matthews, a
microbiologist. "You can't wash the organism away from the crop. Even if
it's washed several times, you're not actually washing away the
organism."

After growing lettuce in soil that had been deliberately inoculated with
E. coli O157:H7, Matthews washed the leaves in bleach but still found
the bacteria inside the plant tissues.

He and other researchers concluded that the pathogen had clearly
traveled to edible parts of the lettuce through the roots.

He said the research was not designed to determine how much
contamination could have occurred, but whether it could happen at all.
Even so, he said, in some cases the amount of E. coli found in the
leaves was sufficient to cause disease....

No one has shown that organically produced vegetables are likely to be
more vulnerable to this form of contamination than conventionally grown
crops.

However, organic crops are nourished not with chemical fertilizer but
with material that contains animal manure, usually the source of E.
coli.

Federal regulations adopted for organic foods prohibit application of
raw animal manure to crops within 120 days of harvest if the edible
portion comes into contact with the manure. Raw manure is not allowed
within 90 days of harvest of any food crop.

However, these regulations determine only whether a farmer qualifies for
the Department of Agriculture "organic food," seal and are not enforced
by food safety officials. Instead, private organizations approved by the
department visit farms and "certify" them for the seal.

A California company that has been at the center of an outbreak of E.
coli poisoning in raw spinach produces an organic line of fresh
vegetables.

http://www.oxfordpress.com/business/content/shared/news/stories/2006/09/SPINACH_FDA19_COX_W1535.html

> People who don't wash their produce before consuming it might well run
> the risk of getting sick.

Washing isn't sufficient since E coli has been shown to colonize
WITHIN the plant, not merely on it.