Vegetarian Discussion: HINDUISM VS. MEAT

HINDUISM VS. MEAT

AntFarm
2006-09-10 22:33:57 EST
HINDUISM VS. MEAT

"When a man finds that his wife is having her period, he should make sure
that she does not drink from a metal cup or wear fresh clothes for three
days. Nor should a low-caste man or woman be allowed to touch her. When the
three days are over and she has taken her bath, he should get her to thresh
some rice. 'I want a son with a fair complexion who will master a single
Veda and live out his full life span' -- if this is his wish, he should get
her to cook that rice with milk, and the two of them should eat it mixed
with ghee.

The couple thus becomes capable of begetting such a son. 'I want a son with
a ruddy complexion and tawny eyes who will master two Vedas and live out his
full life span' -- if this is his wish, he should get her to cook that rice
with curd, and the two of them should eat it mixed with ghee. The couple
thus becomes capable of begetting such a son. 'I want a son with a dark
complexion and reddish eyes who will master three Vedas and live out his
full life span' -- if this is his wish, he should get her to cook that rice
in water and the two of them should eat it mixed with ghee. The couple thus
becomes capable of begetting such a son. 'I want a learned daughter who will
live out her full life span' -- if this is his wish, he should get her to
cook that rice with sesame seeds and the two of them should eat it mixed
with ghee.

The couple thus becomes capable of begetting such a daughter. 'I want a
learned and famous son, a captivating orator assisting at councils, who will
master all the Vedas and live out his full life span' -- if this is his
wish, he should get her to cook that rice with meat and the two of them
should eat it mixed with ghee. The couple thus becomes capable of begetting
such a son. The meat may be that of a young or a fully grown bull (veal or
beef). Then, towards morning, following the same ritual procedure as at the
cooking of the pot of milk-rice, he should prepare melted butter and offer
portions from the pot of milk-rice in the fire, saying: 'To fire, svaha! To
assent, svaha!

To the divine Savitr, faithful in procreation, svaha!' After making these
offerings, he takes the rest out and, after first eating himself, gives some
to his partner. After washing his hands, he fills a pot with water and
sprinkles her with it three times, saying: 'Get up, Visvavasu, and leave
this place; find yourself some other luscious girl. This wife is here with
her husband.' Then he embraces her, as he says: 'I am ama, you are sa -- you
are sa, I am ama. I am the Saman chant, you are the Rg verse; I am the sky,
you are the earth. Come, let us unite, deposit the seed, to get a son, a
male child.' Then he spreads apart her thighs, saying: 'Spread apart, earth
and sky.' He slips his penis into her, presses his mouth against hers, and
strokes her three times in the direction of her hair, as he says: 'May Visnu
prepare your womb, and Tvastr mould the forms; may Prajapati impregnate you,
and Dhatr lay the foetus in you.' " -- Brhadaranyaka Upanisad 6:4:13-21.

Blueshark
2006-09-14 10:53:33 EST
Will this be like Lord (Blue Ice) Krishna vs.The (Check out the wife)
Minotaur in an Ultimate Fighting Championship?
AntFarm wrote:
> [...]
> to his partner. After washing his hands, he fills a pot with water and
> sprinkles her with it three times, saying: 'Get up, Visvavasu, and leave
> this place; find yourself some other luscious girl. This wife is here with
> her husband.' Then he embraces her, as he says: 'I am ama, you are sa -- you
> are sa, I am ama. I am the Saman chant, you are the Rg verse; I am the sky,
> you are the earth. Come, let us unite, deposit the seed, to get a son, a
> male child.' Then he spreads apart her thighs, saying: 'Spread apart, earth
> and sky.' He slips his penis into her, presses his mouth against hers, and
> strokes her three times in the direction of her hair, as he says: 'May Visnu
> prepare your womb, and Tvastr mould the forms; may Prajapati impregnate you,
> and Dhatr lay the foetus in you.' " -- Brhadaranyaka Upanisad 6:4:13-21.

Whistler
2006-09-14 11:15:53 EST
Sounds like a recipe for That Glop that gives indigestion.
Blueshark wrote:
> [...]
> > to his partner. After washing his hands, he fills a pot with water and
> > sprinkles her with it three times, saying: 'Get up, Visvavasu, and leave
> > this place; find yourself some other luscious girl. This wife is here with
> > her husband.' Then he embraces her, as he says: 'I am ama, you are sa -- you
> > are sa, I am ama. I am the Saman chant, you are the Rg verse; I am the sky,
> > you are the earth. Come, let us unite, deposit the seed, to get a son, a
> > male child.' Then he spreads apart her thighs, saying: 'Spread apart, earth
> > and sky.' He slips his penis into her, presses his mouth against hers, and
> > strokes her three times in the direction of her hair, as he says: 'May Visnu
> > prepare your womb, and Tvastr mould the forms; may Prajapati impregnate you,
> > and Dhatr lay the foetus in you.' " -- Brhadaranyaka Upanisad 6:4:13-21.

Hippzy
2006-09-14 11:43:37 EST
yeh, like eat shit an type shit.

John
2006-09-14 13:29:30 EST
If at first you don't succeed....

Try Try Again

HA HA
Boomer

BTW: My Grandma servered Turkey the other day to welcome
in the spirits of the fall, and I had a fire with some people over,
we smoked and drank apple cider (rum) and had a good time..

I just had my tooth pulled, a sacrifice for the great spirit....

Hoka Hey

Boomer

Hippzy wrote:
> yeh, like eat shit an type shit.