Vegetarian Discussion: Challenge To "pearl": Defend Your Absurdity.

Challenge To "pearl": Defend Your Absurdity.

D*@.
2006-09-02 15:40:58 EST
Supposedly people know what they think they think regarding
issues they make claims about. Even when the claims seem
completely absurd, people supposedly have some idea why
they believe them IF they actually do. The apparent absurdity
of some of the things you've written lately immediately produce
questions regarding how they could possibly be true, or how
you could possibly think they are whether they are or not.
If there's any real thought behind what so far appears to
be simply thoughtless desperation from a crazed "ara", try
answering these questions you've forced me to wonder about
and share the thought process(es) which caused you to arrive
at what appears to be mere confusion and bewilderment.
You wrote....I asked:

>Frogs are as mobile as the next creature. Any there could easily
>move on as the fields dry.

How would they know what was happening? How would they
know where the water went? How far would they have to travel
in order to get to it? What would keep them from getting killed
by predators IF they hopped along trying to get there? What
would keep them from dehydrating even IF they did know where
to go, tried to get there, and didn't get killed by predators?

. . .
>Why would they move from their established habitat? Some frogs
>live near rivers or creeks, but they don't actually live -in- the water
>of moving rivers and creeks, nor do they spawn in moving water.
>Why don't you do a little research?

I'll just ask you what you asked me: where do they come from?
IF you think they don't get killed when the fields dry, but still think
they "easily move on as the fields dry", they're still GONE. So again,
where do you think they come from?

. . .
>And if his claims were true, a seasonal wholesale slaughter of frogs
>would be well-documented.

Who would document it? Why?

Guppy The Corpse Pumper
2006-09-03 17:33:22 EST

dh@. wrote:
> Supposedly people know what they think they think regarding
> issues they make claims about. Even when the claims seem
> completely absurd, people supposedly have some idea why
> they believe them IF they actually do. The apparent absurdity
> of some of the things you've written lately immediately produce
> questions regarding how they could possibly be true, or how
> you could possibly think they are whether they are or not.
> If there's any real thought behind what so far appears to
> be simply thoughtless desperation from a crazed "ara", try
> answering these questions you've forced me to wonder about
> and share the thought process(es) which caused you to arrive
> at what appears to be mere confusion and bewilderment.
> You wrote....I asked:
>
> >Frogs are as mobile as the next creature. Any there could easily
> >move on as the fields dry.
>
> How would they know what was happening? How would they
> know where the water went? How far would they have to travel
> in order to get to it? What would keep them from getting killed
> by predators IF they hopped along trying to get there? What
> would keep them from dehydrating even IF they did know where
> to go, tried to get there, and didn't get killed by predators?

When a water hole or creek starts drying up frogs will either move or
dig themselves down into the mud and await the next freshet of water.

> . . .
> >Why would they move from their established habitat? Some frogs
> >live near rivers or creeks, but they don't actually live -in- the water
> >of moving rivers and creeks, nor do they spawn in moving water.
> >Why don't you do a little research?
>
> I'll just ask you what you asked me: where do they come from?
> IF you think they don't get killed when the fields dry, but still think
> they "easily move on as the fields dry", they're still GONE. So again,
> where do you think they come from?
>
> . . .
> >And if his claims were true, a seasonal wholesale slaughter of frogs
> >would be well-documented.
>
> Who would document it? Why?

.no-spam.invalid Anonymous
2006-09-04 02:04:52 EST
dh@. wrote
> Supposedly people know what they think they think regardin
> issues they make claims about. Even when the claims see
> completely absurd, people supposedly have some idea wh
> they believe them IF they actually do. The apparent absurdit
> of some of the things you've written lately immediately produc
> questions regarding how they could possibly be true, or ho
> you could possibly think they are whether they are or not
> If there's any real thought behind what so far appears t
> be simply thoughtless desperation from a crazed "ara", tr
> answering these questions you've forced me to wonder abou
> and share the thought process(es) which caused you to arriv
> at what appears to be mere confusion and bewilderment
> You wrote....I asked
>
> Frogs are as mobile as the next creature. Any there could easil
> move on as the fields dry
>
> How would they know what was happening? How would the
> know where the water went? How far would they have to trave
> in order to get to it? What would keep them from getting kille
> by predators IF they hopped along trying to get there? Wha
> would keep them from dehydrating even IF they did know wher
> to go, tried to get there, and didn't get killed by predators

When a water hole or creek starts drying up frogs will either move o
dig themselves down into the mud and await the next freshet of water

> . .
> Why would they move from their established habitat? Some frog
> live near rivers or creeks, but they don't actually live -in- th
wate
> of moving rivers and creeks, nor do they spawn in moving water
> Why don't you do a little research
>
> I'll just ask you what you asked me: where do they come from
> IF you think they don't get killed when the fields dry, but stil
thin
> they "easily move on as the fields dry", they're stil
GONE. So again
> where do you think they come from
>
> . .
> And if his claims were true, a seasonal wholesale slaughter of frog
> would be well-documented
>
> Who would document it? Why
Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org

.no-spam.invalid Anonymous
2006-09-04 02:04:52 EST
dh@. wrote
> [...]

When a water hole or creek starts drying up frogs will either move o
dig themselves down into the mud and await the next freshet of water

> . .
> Why would they move from their established habitat? Some frog
> live near rivers or creeks, but they don't actually live -in- th
wate
> of moving rivers and creeks, nor do they spawn in moving water
> Why don't you do a little research
>
> I'll just ask you what you asked me: where do they come from
> IF you think they don't get killed when the fields dry, but stil
thin
> they "easily move on as the fields dry", they're stil
GONE. So again
> where do you think they come from
>
> . .
> And if his claims were true, a seasonal wholesale slaughter of frog

2006-09-04 02:04:54 EST
dh@. wrote
> Supposedly people know what they think they think regardin
> issues they make claims about. Even when the claims see
> completely absurd, people supposedly have some idea wh
> they believe them IF they actually do. The apparent absurdit
> of some of the things you've written lately immediately produc
> questions regarding how they could possibly be true, or ho
> you could possibly think they are whether they are or not
> If there's any real thought behind what so far appears t
> be simply thoughtless desperation from a crazed "ara", tr
> answering these questions you've forced me to wonder abou
> and share the thought process(es) which caused you to arriv
> at what appears to be mere confusion and bewilderment
> You wrote....I asked
>
> Frogs are as mobile as the next creature. Any there could easil
> move on as the fields dry
>
> How would they know what was happening? How would the
> know where the water went? How far would they have to trave
> in order to get to it? What would keep them from getting kille
> by predators IF they hopped along trying to get there? Wha
> would keep them from dehydrating even IF they did know wher
> to go, tried to get there, and didn't get killed by predators

When a water hole or creek starts drying up frogs will either move o
dig themselves down into the mud and await the next freshet of water

> . .
> Why would they move from their established habitat? Some frog
> live near rivers or creeks, but they don't actually live -in- th
wate
> of moving rivers and creeks, nor do they spawn in moving water
> Why don't you do a little research
>
> I'll just ask you what you asked me: where do they come from
> IF you think they don't get killed when the fields dry, but stil
thin
> they "easily move on as the fields dry", they're stil
GONE. So again
> where do you think they come from
>
> . .
> And if his claims were true, a seasonal wholesale slaughter of frog
> would be well-documented
>
> Who would document it? Why
Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org

.no-spam.invalid Anonymous
2006-09-04 02:04:55 EST
dh@. wrote
> Supposedly people know what they think they think regardin
> issues they make claims about. Even when the claims see
> completely absurd, people supposedly have some idea wh
> they believe them IF they actually do. The apparent absurdit
> of some of the things you've written lately immediately produc
> questions regarding how they could possibly be true, or ho
> you could possibly think they are whether they are or not
> If there's any real thought behind what so far appears t
> be simply thoughtless desperation from a crazed "ara", tr
> answering these questions you've forced me to wonder abou
> and share the thought process(es) which caused you to arriv
> at what appears to be mere confusion and bewilderment
> You wrote....I asked
>
> Frogs are as mobile as the next creature. Any there could easil
> move on as the fields dry
>
> How would they know what was happening? How would the
> know where the water went? How far would they have to trave
> in order to get to it? What would keep them from getting kille
> by predators IF they hopped along trying to get there? Wha
> would keep them from dehydrating even IF they did know wher
> to go, tried to get there, and didn't get killed by predators

When a water hole or creek starts drying up frogs will either move o
dig themselves down into the mud and await the next freshet of water

> . .
> Why would they move from their established habitat? Some frog
> live near rivers or creeks, but they don't actually live -in- th
wate
> of moving rivers and creeks, nor do they spawn in moving water
> Why don't you do a little research
>
> I'll just ask you what you asked me: where do they come from
> IF you think they don't get killed when the fields dry, but stil
thin
> they "easily move on as the fields dry", they're stil
GONE. So again
> where do you think they come from
>
> . .
> And if his claims were true, a seasonal wholesale slaughter of frog
> would be well-documented
>
> Who would document it? Why
Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org

Pearl
2006-09-04 08:51:38 EST
<*h@.> wrote in message news:dhmjf25rv2jsna3gavs8kttnlo079tmhpl@4ax.com...
> Supposedly people know what they think they think regarding
> issues they make claims about. Even when the claims seem
> completely absurd, people supposedly have some idea why
> they believe them IF they actually do. The apparent absurdity
> of some of the things you've written lately immediately produce
> questions regarding how they could possibly be true, or how
> you could possibly think they are whether they are or not.
> If there's any real thought behind what so far appears to
> be simply thoughtless desperation from a crazed "ara", try
> answering these questions you've forced me to wonder about
> and share the thought process(es) which caused you to arrive
> at what appears to be mere confusion and bewilderment.

Projection.

> >Why would they move from their established habitat? Some frogs
> >live near rivers or creeks, but they don't actually live -in- the water
> >of moving rivers and creeks, nor do they spawn in moving water.
> >Why don't you do a little research?

So where are all 'these' frogs coming from, dh?

> >And if his claims were true, a seasonal wholesale slaughter of frogs
> >would be well-documented.
>
> Who would document it? Why?

Amphibian watchers, .. agricultural sites, .. ecological sites..

I challenge you to find a reference to this alleged mass slaughter.

D*@.
2006-09-04 22:19:08 EST
On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 02:04:52 -0400, .no-spam.invalid (Anonymous) wrote:

>*h@. wrote:
>> Supposedly people know what they think they think regarding
>> issues they make claims about. Even when the claims seem
>> completely absurd, people supposedly have some idea why
>> they believe them IF they actually do. The apparent absurdity
>> of some of the things you've written lately immediately produce
>> questions regarding how they could possibly be true, or how
>> you could possibly think they are whether they are or not.
>> If there's any real thought behind what so far appears to
>> be simply thoughtless desperation from a crazed "ara", try
>> answering these questions you've forced me to wonder about
>> and share the thought process(es) which caused you to arrive
>> at what appears to be mere confusion and bewilderment.
>> You wrote....I asked:
>>
>> Frogs are as mobile as the next creature. Any there could easily
>> move on as the fields dry.
>>
>> How would they know what was happening? How would they
>> know where the water went? How far would they have to travel
>> in order to get to it? What would keep them from getting killed
>> by predators IF they hopped along trying to get there? What
>> would keep them from dehydrating even IF they did know where
>> to go, tried to get there, and didn't get killed by predators?
>>

>When a water hole or creek starts drying up frogs will either move

How would they know what was happening? How would they
know where the water went? How far would they have to travel
in order to get to it? What would keep them from getting killed
by predators IF they hopped along trying to get there? What
would keep them from dehydrating even IF they did know where
to go, tried to get there, and didn't get killed by predators?

>or dig themselves down into the mud and await the next freshet
>of water.

Before that happens the harvesting equipment would crush
many of them. Also predators like racoons etc would dig up
and kill many that survive the harvesting. Of those who do
survive until the water returns many of them will be killed by
waterfowl in diderot's case, and those that survive the birds
will again have to survive more draining. Those that dig into
the mud and survive again for a while will be killed later when
the ground is turned for planting...

"rice has to grow in water, so it is flooded in april, drained for
harvest in july/august, reflooded and drained in october. we flood in
mid-december for waterfowl, and drain in february. in february and
march, the land is disced and planed." - diderot