Vegetarian Discussion: Stephen Kaufman, MD, RIPS Robert Cohen's Pseudo-scientific Asshole Wider *still*

Stephen Kaufman, MD, RIPS Robert Cohen's Pseudo-scientific Asshole Wider *still*

Leif Erikson
2006-08-15 15:30:31 EST
http://www.vegsource.com/articles/kaufman_cohen1.htm

1. Cohen has made many dubious scientific claims
posted at his web set and distributed to his 4400
member (moderator only post) nonmilk@yahoogroups.com.
Though he generally makes authoritative claims, they
are in fact poorly documented (at best) and people must
accept his claims largely on faith. His fabricated
analysis of the milk/breast cancer study, alone,
demonstrates that he cannot be trusted. The articles,
letters, and e-mails regarding Cohen published at
vegsource.com reveal a pattern of unfounded, misleading
claims. Many of these dubious claims evidently serve
primarily financial concerns, promoting his soy milk
machine over competitors. (See
http://www.vegsource.com/articles/061399.notmilk.htm
and www.vegsource.com/articles/walsh_cohen1.htm).

2. Cohen portrays himself as scientific. Yet, the
essays at vegsource.com and my own analysis betray the
falsity of Cohen's assertion, written in response to
the Walsh critique, that "The 1000+ columns that I have
written contain real science, and my analysis of
scientific fraud have continuously withstood the
rigorous scrutiny of peer review."
(www.notmilk.com/forum15.txt, 2/8/02 message "True Evil
Is Exposed"; www.vegsource.com/articles/cohen/ "The Sad
Truth About Robert Cohen").

3. Cohen has maligned Hjartaker and colleagues,
claiming they are perpetrators of "THE FRAUDULENT STUDY
OF THE CENTURY." In fact, Hjartaker et al. themselves
readily acknowledge their study's limitations and
advise caution in interpreting their data. Hjartaker
kindly answered my questions about the study, and I
have no reason to believe that she and her colleagues
are not honest, decent people. However, Cohen goes
farther than raise doubts that milk protects against
breast cancer. He accuses the authors of fraud and says
that their data shows that milk causes breast cancer.
In fact, Cohen's claims are the fraudulent ones.

4. Cohen's campaign against Stephen Walsh has been
ugly and false. Walsh is a dedicated vegan advocate who
has raised valid objections to Cohen's writings. Cohen
has responded with a vicious hate campaign (see, for
example, www.notmilk.com/forum15.txt, 2/8/02 message
"True Evil Is Exposed"), prompting some people to call
for Walsh's dismissal from his position as a trustee of
the Vegan Society.

5. We have no control over Cohen's private web
site and e-mail list, but giving him 10 presentations
at AR2002 (www.animalrights2002.org/schedule.html)
tells the world that the AR movement stands behind him.

6. Fabricating data, particularly when done to
denounce somebody's academic work, is sufficient
grounds for dismissal from an academic institution
(e.g., college, graduate school, teaching staff) and to
be ostracized by colleagues. These are the standards of
academia. If the animal advocacy movement is to be
taken seriously by thoughtful, educated people, we must
have standards of integrity. Similarly, we do not
deserve the respect of anyone of who values truth in
advocacy, truth in advertising, or journalistic
integrity if we countenance dishonesty within our own
ranks while denouncing dishonesty among our opponents.

B*@canada.com
2006-08-15 15:43:59 EST

Leif Erikson wrote:
> http://www.vegsource.com/articles/kaufman_cohen1.htm
>
> 1. Cohen has made many dubious scientific claims
> posted at his web set and distributed to his 4400
> member (moderator only post) nonmilk@yahoogroups.com.
> Though he generally makes authoritative claims, they
> are in fact poorly documented (at best) and people must
> accept his claims largely on faith. His fabricated
> analysis of the milk/breast cancer study, alone,
> demonstrates that he cannot be trusted. The articles,
> letters, and e-mails regarding Cohen published at
> vegsource.com reveal a pattern of unfounded, misleading
> claims. Many of these dubious claims evidently serve
> primarily financial concerns, promoting his soy milk
> machine over competitors. (See
> http://www.vegsource.com/articles/061399.notmilk.htm
> and www.vegsource.com/articles/walsh_cohen1.htm).
>
> 2. Cohen portrays himself as scientific. Yet, the
> essays at vegsource.com and my own analysis betray the
> falsity of Cohen's assertion, written in response to
> the Walsh critique, that "The 1000+ columns that I have
> written contain real science, and my analysis of
> scientific fraud have continuously withstood the
> rigorous scrutiny of peer review."
> (www.notmilk.com/forum15.txt, 2/8/02 message "True Evil
> Is Exposed"; www.vegsource.com/articles/cohen/ "The Sad
> Truth About Robert Cohen").
>
> 3. Cohen has maligned Hjartaker and colleagues,
> claiming they are perpetrators of "THE FRAUDULENT STUDY
> OF THE CENTURY." In fact, Hjartaker et al. themselves
> readily acknowledge their study's limitations and
> advise caution in interpreting their data. Hjartaker
> kindly answered my questions about the study, and I
> have no reason to believe that she and her colleagues
> are not honest, decent people. However, Cohen goes
> farther than raise doubts that milk protects against
> breast cancer. He accuses the authors of fraud and says
> that their data shows that milk causes breast cancer.
> In fact, Cohen's claims are the fraudulent ones.
>
> 4. Cohen's campaign against Stephen Walsh has been
> ugly and false. Walsh is a dedicated vegan advocate who
> has raised valid objections to Cohen's writings. Cohen
> has responded with a vicious hate campaign (see, for
> example, www.notmilk.com/forum15.txt, 2/8/02 message
> "True Evil Is Exposed"), prompting some people to call
> for Walsh's dismissal from his position as a trustee of
> the Vegan Society.

Walsh and Jeff Nelson of Vegsource.com were deliberately listing Walsh
as Dr. Walsh on the website and in articles KNOWING FULL WELL that
people were believing Walsh to be a MEDICAL DOCTOR. That was the
impression that they wanted people to have.

Walsh in fact works for ICC a major trader in cow milk products.

> 5. We have no control over Cohen's private web
> site and e-mail list, but giving him 10 presentations
> at AR2002 (www.animalrights2002.org/schedule.html)
> tells the world that the AR movement stands behind him.
>
> 6. Fabricating data,

LOL!!!

Oh Goo!!..........I'm going to wet my pants I'm laughing so hard. The
DAIRY industry does NOTHING but fabricate data.

particularly when done to
> denounce somebody's academic work, is sufficient
> grounds for dismissal from an academic institution
> (e.g., college, graduate school, teaching staff) and to
> be ostracized by colleagues. These are the standards of
> academia. If the animal advocacy movement is to be
> taken seriously by thoughtful, educated people, we must
> have standards of integrity. Similarly, we do not
> deserve the respect of anyone of who values truth in
> advocacy, truth in advertising, or journalistic
> integrity if we countenance dishonesty within our own
> ranks while denouncing dishonesty among our opponents.

Leif Erikson
2006-08-15 15:57:49 EST
El Homo Gordo Muy Fuckwitto got the worst of the
exchange, didn't learn from it, and blabbered:

> Leif Erikson wrote:
>
>>http://www.vegsource.com/articles/kaufman_cohen1.htm
>>
>> 1. Cohen has made many dubious scientific claims
>>posted at his web set and distributed to his 4400
>>member (moderator only post) nonmilk@yahoogroups.com.
>>Though he generally makes authoritative claims, they
>>are in fact poorly documented (at best) and people must
>>accept his claims largely on faith. His fabricated
>>analysis of the milk/breast cancer study, alone,
>>demonstrates that he cannot be trusted. The articles,
>>letters, and e-mails regarding Cohen published at
>>vegsource.com reveal a pattern of unfounded, misleading
>>claims. Many of these dubious claims evidently serve
>>primarily financial concerns, promoting his soy milk
>>machine over competitors. (See
>>http://www.vegsource.com/articles/061399.notmilk.htm
>>and www.vegsource.com/articles/walsh_cohen1.htm).
>>
>> 2. Cohen portrays himself as scientific. Yet, the
>>essays at vegsource.com and my own analysis betray the
>>falsity of Cohen's assertion, written in response to
>>the Walsh critique, that "The 1000+ columns that I have
>>written contain real science, and my analysis of
>>scientific fraud have continuously withstood the
>>rigorous scrutiny of peer review."
>>(www.notmilk.com/forum15.txt, 2/8/02 message "True Evil
>>Is Exposed"; www.vegsource.com/articles/cohen/ "The Sad
>>Truth About Robert Cohen").
>>
>> 3. Cohen has maligned Hjartaker and colleagues,
>>claiming they are perpetrators of "THE FRAUDULENT STUDY
>>OF THE CENTURY." In fact, Hjartaker et al. themselves
>>readily acknowledge their study's limitations and
>>advise caution in interpreting their data. Hjartaker
>>kindly answered my questions about the study, and I
>>have no reason to believe that she and her colleagues
>>are not honest, decent people. However, Cohen goes
>>farther than raise doubts that milk protects against
>>breast cancer. He accuses the authors of fraud and says
>>that their data shows that milk causes breast cancer.
>>In fact, Cohen's claims are the fraudulent ones.
>>
>> 4. Cohen's campaign against Stephen Walsh has been
>>ugly and false. Walsh is a dedicated vegan advocate who
>>has raised valid objections to Cohen's writings. Cohen
>>has responded with a vicious hate campaign (see, for
>>example, www.notmilk.com/forum15.txt, 2/8/02 message
>>"True Evil Is Exposed"), prompting some people to call
>>for Walsh's dismissal from his position as a trustee of
>>the Vegan Society.
>

> Walsh and Jeff Nelson of Vegsource.com were

...tearing CHARLATAN Robert Cohen a new asshole.

>> 5. We have no control over Cohen's private web
>>site and e-mail list, but giving him 10 presentations
>>at AR2002 (www.animalrights2002.org/schedule.html)
>>tells the world that the AR movement stands behind him.
>>
>> 6. Fabricating data,
>

> LOL!!!

AS a liar and a fake yourself, you would laugh about
it, ronnnnnnnnnnnie

>> particularly when done to
>>denounce somebody's academic work, is sufficient
>>grounds for dismissal from an academic institution
>>(e.g., college, graduate school, teaching staff) and to
>>be ostracized by colleagues. These are the standards of
>>academia. If the animal advocacy movement is to be
>>taken seriously by thoughtful, educated people, we must
>>have standards of integrity. Similarly, we do not
>>deserve the respect of anyone of who values truth in
>>advocacy, truth in advertising, or journalistic
>>integrity if we countenance dishonesty within our own
>>ranks while denouncing dishonesty among our opponents.

Ron
2006-08-15 17:07:19 EST

Leif Erikson wrote:
> [...]

Oh Goo!!..........I'm going to wet my pants I'm laughing so hard. The
DAIRY industry does NOTHING but fabricate data.

> > LOL!!!
>
> AS a liar and a fake yourself, you would laugh about
> it, ronnnnnnnnnnnie
>

> >> particularly when done to
> >>denounce somebody's academic work, is sufficient
> >>grounds for dismissal from an academic institution
> >>(e.g., college, graduate school, teaching staff) and to
> >>be ostracized by colleagues. These are the standards of
> >>academia. If the animal advocacy movement is to be
> >>taken seriously by thoughtful, educated people, we must
> >>have standards of integrity. Similarly, we do not
> >>deserve the respect of anyone of who values truth in
> >>advocacy, truth in advertising, or journalistic
> >>integrity if we countenance dishonesty within our own
> >>ranks while denouncing dishonesty among our opponents.

2006-08-15 17:14:34 EST
What's with the constant nym-shifting, squealing cunt
queer?

El Homo Gordo Muy Fuckwitto got the worst of the
exchange, didn't learn from it, and blabbered:

> Leif Erikson wrote:
>
>>El Homo Gordo Muy Fuckwitto got the worst of the
>>exchange, didn't learn from it, and blabbered:

>>>Walsh and Jeff Nelson of Vegsource.com were
>>
>>...tearing CHARLATAN Robert Cohen a new asshole.

> Oh Leif!!..........I'm going to wet my pants

A common occurrence with you, ronnnnnnnnnnnnie - the
HIV, and Fuckwit David Harrison's fist, have destroyed
your sphincter.

You *always* get the worst of the exchange,
ronnnnnnnnnnie - why do you keep coming back for more?

Pearl
2006-08-16 05:39:13 EST
"Leif Erikson" <jackball@phs.con> wrote in message news:rhpEg.4378$Sn3.4097@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

> milk causes breast cancer.

Briefing on Milk and Breast Cancer 4 of 7 - The Vegan Society If we
compare breast cancer rates and milk consumption between different
countries, ... There was no association between breast cancer and
fermented milk ...
www.vegansociety.com/briefings/milkbreastcancer4.htm - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Hormonal Milk - Breast Cancer Risk - kitchendoctor.com The risks
of elevated IGF-1 blood levels are among the leading known risk
factors for breast cancer, and are exceeded only by a strong family
history or ...
www.kitchendoctor.com/reprints/monsanto.html - 37k - Cached - Similar pages

MILK AND BREAST CANCER A pregnant cow produces extra
estrogen which ends up in her milk, and excess estrogen is known
to make breast cancer cells multiply ...
www.lightparty.com/Health/Milk.html - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

Consumer Health Journal: Hormones in Milk Are Linked to Cancer
Studies link dairy consumption to ovarian and breast cancer in women
and prostate cancer in men. Milk, both human and cow, has naturally-
occurring growth ...
www.consumerhealthjournal.com/articles/milk-and-cancer.html - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

A Needless New Risk of Breast Cancer Furthermore, the FDA ignores
evidence linking milk from treated cows with increased risk of breast
cancer. The concerns, based on published research: ...
www.preventcancer.com/press/editorials/march20_94.htm - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

Newsletter #42-Milk Linked to Breast Cancer This is true for human
breast milk and also for cow's milk." Is it mere coincidence that breast
cancer mortality dropped in Israel when the country banned ...
www.bcaction.org/Pages/SearchablePages/1997Newsletters/Newsletter042D.html - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

BREAST CANCER, RBGH AND MILKBREAST CANCER, RBGH
AND MILK A study of US women published May 9 in the LANCET
links insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) with breast cancer.[1,2] ...
www.organicconsumers.org/rBGH/rach598.htm - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

Cancer Prevention Coalition: Milk: America's Health Problem How
recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone increases Insulin-like Growth
Factor 1 in milk and how it is related to increased risk of breast, colon,
and prostate ...
www.preventcancer.com/consumers/general/milk.htm - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

American Milk: Colon and Breast Cancer RisksIncreased IGF-1 levels
in rBGH milk exert their cancer promoting effects directly on cells lining
the colon, and on breast cells, following absorption into ...
www.preventcancer.com/avoidable/colon_cancer/milk_colon.htm - 47k -

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=milk+breast+cancer&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

You should listen to banmilk and Cohen. Or go eat your ice-cream!

Leif Erikson
2006-08-16 11:26:42 EST
pearl wrote:

> "Leif Erikson" <jackball@phs.con> wrote in message news:rhpEg.4378$Sn3.4097@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>

>> milk causes breast cancer.
>

> Briefing

Leave more in next time, cunt. You've removed all context.

You stinking shitbag.

Chico Chupacabra
2006-08-16 13:10:56 EST
pearl wrote:

> > milk causes breast cancer.
>
> Briefing on Milk and Breast Cancer 4 of 7 - The Vegan Society

Unqualified. They're the last people who would know.

El Guapo
2006-08-16 16:57:01 EST

Leif Erikson wrote:
> pearl wrote:
>
> > "Leif Erikson" <jackball@phs.con> wrote in message news:rhpEg.4378$Sn3.4097@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> >

> >> milk causes breast cancer.
> >

> > Briefing
>
> next time, call me a cunt. You've removed all context.
>
> I'm a stinking shitbag.

BTW you stupid little Goober, NIH stated that pasteurization DOES NOT
alter the bioactivity of IGF-1 in any way.

It will still make the cancers proliferate stupid little Goo.

FDA also stated that milk hormones and proteins are protected through
the digestive process by the high buffering action of the calcium which
raises stomach ph from 2.5 to 6.5 and the encapsulation of the hormones
by the fats.

So Goober, IGF-1 survives digestion AND becomes systemic AND remains
bioactive.

Even the dairy industry got into the act by rigging one of their famous
"experiments". They set out to show IGF-1 promotes bone growth and
inadvertently proved that supplementation with 3 glasses of milk per
day over and above the normal dairy intake raises systemic IGF-1 levels
by 10%.

B*@canada.com
2006-08-17 13:18:32 EST

chico chupacabra wrote:

> >>Unqualified. They're the last people who would know.
> >
> > So
>
> You should find qualified sources instead of squeamish, sissy activists.
> You won't find qualified sources at the vegan society.

LOL!!!

Tell that to Jeff Nelson who recruited his "Dr." from the Vegan Society
of the U.K.