Vegetarian Discussion: Hi There Everyone

Hi There Everyone

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next  (First | Last)

Scented Nectar
2006-08-07 13:22:09 EST
Hey, I'm back. I decided to give the Google Groups system a try. I
see that everything here is just as dramatic as ever. Entertaining
anyways.

PS: Beach, I lost your email address when my old computer died. Wanted
to say hi. :)

Scented Nectar
http://www.scentednectar.com/

Chico Chupacabra
2006-08-07 13:46:02 EST
Skanky wrote:

> Hey, I'm back.

As predicted.

> I decided to give the Google Groups system a try.

Still too cheap to get another ISP?

> I see that everything here is just as dramatic as ever. Entertaining
> anyways.

And another drama queen like you will just add to the veg*n histrionics.

Scented Nectar
2006-08-07 13:51:50 EST

cheeky upchuck wrote:
> Skanky wrote:

You're just as charming as Usual (pun intended).

> Still too cheap to get another ISP?

I have the best ISP in the area. It's the fastest and most reliable.
The only downside is that they stopped carrying usenet.

> And another drama queen like you will just add to the

troll-stomping. :)

Scented Nectar
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Chico Chupacabra
2006-08-07 19:27:52 EST
Skanky wrote:

> chico chupacabra wrote:
>
>>Skanky wrote:
>
> You're just as charming as Usual

My first reaction when I saw your nym was, "Skanky? Skanky who?"

You weren't missed.

>>Still too cheap to get another ISP?
>
> I have

I know.

>>And another drama queen like you will just add to the
>>veg*n histrionics.

See what I mean.

Scented Nectar
2006-08-07 19:50:00 EST

cheeky upchuck wrote:

> My first reaction when I saw your nym was, "Skanky? Skanky who?"

Well, that little word association is probably best saved for your next
appt. with a Freudian. Most people would say Scented Nectar reminds
them of flowers or fruit juice even, but whatever floats your boat...

> >>Still too cheap to get another ISP?
> >
> > I have
>
> I know.

Uh, you're babbling.

> >>And another drama queen like you will just add to the
> >>veg*n histrionics.
>
> See what I mean.

No, where?

Chico Chupacabra
2006-08-07 20:04:05 EST
Skanky wrote:

> chico chupacabra wrote:
>
>> Skanky wrote:
>>
>>My first reaction when I saw your nym was, "Skanky? Skanky who?"
>
> Well,

You haven't changed a bit, dopehead. That's not a compliment. Loser.

D*@.
2006-08-07 21:31:59 EST
On 7 Aug 2006 10:22:09 -0700, "Scented Nectar" <me@scentednectar.com> wrote:

>Hey, I'm back.

Welcome back. I don't suppose during your absence you've learned to
appreciate how any livestock could have lives of positive value, but that's
no loss since you never could.

>I decided to give the Google Groups system a try. I
>see that everything here is just as dramatic as ever. Entertaining
>anyways.

The ineptitude and idiocy of Goo are some of the most amusing things
in this ng. Here are some examples of amusing Goobal idiotics::
Ron asked:
>So you are telling us that the cow was purposely bred into existance
>and fed and watered for 12 years only to be sold at the lowest price in
>the beef industry......and all that done with the singular purpose of
>supplying the pet food industry?

Goo replied:
Yes.

Ron pointed out:
>You also said cows are raised for 12 years specifically to become
>PET FOOD.

Goo replied:
Some are.

"Dogs NEVER anticipate, nor do cats, or cattle, or
any other animal you've ever encountered." - Goo

"Animals do not experience frustration." - Goo

"Darwin, a sentimental person, was projecting. He
saw something that wasn't there. He was, in a way,
hallucinating." - Goo

"No zygotes, animals, people, or any other living thing
benefits from coming into existence. No farm animals
benefit from farming." - Goo

"Causing animals to be born and "get to experience life"
. . . is no mitigation at all for killing them." - Goo

"the moral harm caused by killing them is greater in magnitude
than ANY benefit they might derive from "decent lives" - Goo

"When considering your food choices ethically, assign
ZERO weight to the morally empty fact that choosing to
eat meat causes animals to be bred into existence." - Goo

"I have examined the question at length, and feel
there is only one reasonable conclusion: life, per se,
is not a benefit." - Goo

"Being born is not a benefit in any way. It can't be." - Goo

"Animals cannot be or feel disappointed." - Goo

"Non human animals experience neither pride nor
disappointment. They don't have the mental ability
to feel either." - Goo

"Anticipation requires language." - Goo

"No animals anticipate." - Goo

"The dog didn't do what Darwin said. His statement of
the "changes in behavior" is not reliable." - Goo

"Dogs, cats, cattle, almost all animals "lower" than
the great apes have no sense of self." - Goo

"They are not aware that they can see. " - Goo

"They are *not* aware that they can smell." - Goo

"The fact of the matter is, with 135,000,000 cats and
dogs in the U.S., the food to feed them simply cannot
be "leftovers" from the animals bred to feed humans." - Goo

"Ranchers . . . have no idea if a steer they raise is
going to be used entirely for human consumption,
entirely for animal consumption, or for some
combination; nor do they care." - Goo

"Cattle are specifically bred into existence to be
pet food. " - Goo

"I'm right about all of it." - Goo
"I can explain myself in logical and coherent terms" - Goo
"Why are you laughing at mental illness" - Goo
"I'm not stupid." - Goo
"I know exactly what I think" - Goo
"I educated the public" - Goo
"I haven't made any absurd claims" - Goo

>PS: Beach, I lost your email address when my old computer died. Wanted
>to say hi. :)
>
>Scented Nectar
>http://www.scentednectar.com/

Maybe you can help me find an answer to this type question: After
a person (male) drinks a bottle of water, how long until it is processed
into urine and ready to go? How about a caffeinated drink like coke
or coffee? How about a beer?

Scented Nectar
2006-08-07 21:44:45 EST
cheeky upchuck wrote:

> You haven't changed a bit, dopehead. That's not a compliment. Loser.

Wow, you're still the miserable little shit, aren't you. Do you ever
cheer up?

Scented Nectar
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Chico Chupacabra
2006-08-07 21:51:39 EST
Skanky wrote:

> chico chupacabra wrote:
>
>>You haven't changed a bit, dopehead. That's not a compliment. Loser.
>
> Wow

I can see how that overwhelms someone like you. Step away from the bong.

Scented Nectar
2006-08-07 22:00:25 EST

dh@. wrote:
> On 7 Aug 2006 10:22:09 -0700, "Scented Nectar" <me@scentednectar.com> wrote:
>
> >Hey, I'm back.
>
> Welcome back. I don't suppose during your absence you've learned to
> appreciate how any livestock could have lives of positive value, but that's
> no loss since you never could.

I can see how in some farms, they might have a good life up until their
death, but we probably still disagree on the finer points.

> >I decided to give the Google Groups system a try. I
> >see that everything here is just as dramatic as ever. Entertaining
> >anyways.
>
> The ineptitude and idiocy of Goo are some of the most amusing things
> in this ng. Here are some examples of amusing Goobal idiotics::
> Ron asked:
> >So you are telling us that the cow was purposely bred into existance
> >and fed and watered for 12 years only to be sold at the lowest price in
> >the beef industry......and all that done with the singular purpose of
> >supplying the pet food industry?
>
> Goo replied:
> Yes.

Hahah, I read that thread. Even when shown as silly and false, he
didn't retract it.

> "Dogs NEVER anticipate, nor do cats, or cattle, or
> any other animal you've ever encountered." - Goo

He seems completely inept at any kind of basic understanding regarding
animal behaviour.
> "I'm right about all of it." - Goo
> "I can explain myself in logical and coherent terms" - Goo
> "Why are you laughing at mental illness" - Goo
> "I'm not stupid." - Goo
> "I know exactly what I think" - Goo
> "I educated the public" - Goo
> "I haven't made any absurd claims" - Goo

I think this is one of my favourite lists of Goo quotes. I picture him
spitting and sputtering out the words as he types them in a spew
frenzy.

> Maybe you can help me find an answer to this type question: After
> a person (male) drinks a bottle of water, how long until it is processed
> into urine and ready to go? How about a caffeinated drink like coke
> or coffee? How about a beer?

Being of the female anatomy persuasion, I'm not sure I can help you on
this. :) It might depend on the weather (sweating), time of day
(metabolism changes), and amount drunk. Maybe also depending on how
well one's kidneys and bladder are working. Why? Is Goo thirsty for
some recycled fluids?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next  (First | Last)