Vegetarian Discussion: Enemies Of Health And Wellbeing

Enemies Of Health And Wellbeing

I*@Enemyreports.soc
2006-08-03 10:32:39 EST
[...]
The Animal Liberation Front (ALF), which advocates illegal, nonviolent
activism, was responsible for dozens of attacks in North America last
year. It took credit for $750,000 in damage to offices and equipment at
the University of Minnesota, where researchers study Alzheimer's disease
and work on a vaccine against brain cancer. Other targets were the
University of California at San Francisco, where many data, including
work aimed at developing alternatives to animal research, were lost,
and Western Washington University, where three dozen research rats and
rabbits were stolen. ALF proudly stated that it destroyed one
scientist's lifetime of work there.
[...]
http://www.sciam.com/2000/0200issue/0200techbus1.html

Oz
2006-08-03 10:55:17 EST
i*o@Enemyreports.soc writes
>[...]
>The Animal Liberation Front (ALF), which advocates illegal, nonviolent
>activism, was responsible for dozens of attacks in North America last
>year. It took credit for $750,000 in damage to offices and equipment at
>the University of Minnesota, where researchers study Alzheimer's disease
>and work on a vaccine against brain cancer. Other targets were the
>University of California at San Francisco, where many data, including
>work aimed at developing alternatives to animal research, were lost,
>and Western Washington University, where three dozen research rats and
>rabbits were stolen. ALF proudly stated that it destroyed one
>scientist's lifetime of work there.
>[...]
>http://www.sciam.com/2000/0200issue/0200techbus1.html

<plonk!>

--
Oz

D*@.
2006-08-03 13:24:36 EST
On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:55:17 +0100, Oz <Oz@farmeroz.port995.com> wrote:

><plonk!>
>
>--
>Oz
>This post is worth absolutely nothing

No doubt about that.

Andrew Sayers
2006-08-04 19:21:58 EST
i*o@Enemyreports.soc wrote:

>[...]
>The Animal Liberation Front (ALF), which advocates illegal, nonviolent
>activism, was responsible for dozens of attacks in North America last
>year. It took credit for $750,000 in damage to offices and equipment at
>the University of Minnesota, where researchers study Alzheimer's disease
>and work on a vaccine against brain cancer. Other targets were the
>University of California at San Francisco, where many data, including
>work aimed at developing alternatives to animal research, were lost,
>and Western Washington University, where three dozen research rats and
>rabbits were stolen. ALF proudly stated that it destroyed one
>scientist's lifetime of work there.
>[...]
>http://www.sciam.com/2000/0200issue/0200techbus1.html

The problem is that although they think they are well meaning, they haven't really
thought this through. They would by their own arguments rather see children die than
allow cures to be discovered to save these children's lives.

Trouble is that they are hypocrites, because when it comes down to their own children
and families they are happy to take the cures that have been discovered by the very
means they apparently despise.

I have no doubt that the individuals involved are decent and kind people, whom I
would probably like and would enjoy their company if I met them, but they are
slavishly following the rhetoric posted on various web sites, which they repeatedly
post in here (uk.rec.birdwatching) and which has nothing to do with the group.

Ironically they are alienating people who would probably be supportive of some of
their ideas; if the diatribes were removed and intelligent argument presented
instead, in RELEVANT news groups.

Ah well

--

Andrew Sayers

D*@.
2006-08-05 11:59:56 EST
On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 00:21:58 +0100, Andrew Sayers <none@all.invalid.com> wrote:

>*o@Enemyreports.soc wrote:
>
>>[...]
>>The Animal Liberation Front (ALF), which advocates illegal, nonviolent
>>activism, was responsible for dozens of attacks in North America last
>>year. It took credit for $750,000 in damage to offices and equipment at
>>the University of Minnesota, where researchers study Alzheimer's disease
>>and work on a vaccine against brain cancer. Other targets were the
>>University of California at San Francisco, where many data, including
>>work aimed at developing alternatives to animal research, were lost,
>>and Western Washington University, where three dozen research rats and
>>rabbits were stolen. ALF proudly stated that it destroyed one
>>scientist's lifetime of work there.
>>[...]
>>http://www.sciam.com/2000/0200issue/0200techbus1.html
>

>The problem is that although they think they are well meaning, they haven't really
>thought this through. They would by their own arguments rather see children die than
>allow cures to be discovered to save these children's lives.

They're attempting to be a threat to everyone, including their friends, family,
and themselves. Also to the future animals who will suffer due to the delays
they cause, as well as the work they destroy which needs to be done again
using that many more animals.

>Trouble is that they are hypocrites, because when it comes down to their own children
>and families they are happy to take the cures that have been discovered by the very
>means they apparently despise.

Those are some of the idiocies behind it all, yes. So we have people who are
stupid enough to believe as they do, threatening and trying to harm the health and
wellbeing of humans and other animals as well. Such stupid people taking such
strong actions really are a threat to society....people too stupid to grasp their own
stupidity doing stupid destructive things, and being encouraged by other stupid
people to do them...

>I have no doubt that the individuals involved are decent and kind people,

I can't believe they are. They would have to be stupid violent people.

>whom I would probably like and would enjoy their company

They are stupid enough to cause more suffering with their terrorist acts
while pretending they're reducing it, and I feel sure the majority of them do
it more because they love an excuse to do the things they do than in a
true attempt to accomplish something positive. I can only expect they are
the idiots they so clearly appear to be.

>if I met them, but they are
>slavishly following the rhetoric posted on various web sites, which they repeatedly
>post in here (uk.rec.birdwatching) and which has nothing to do with the group.

Everyone should be made aware of "aras" and their aburdities imo,
since they're trying to have such influence on everyone.

>Ironically they are alienating people who would probably be supportive of some of
>their ideas;

Animal Welfare means better lives for domestic animals. The gross misnomer
"animal rights" means no domestic animals. That is the huge difference between
the two ideas, and it appears that you may have them confused or think of them
as the same thing, which of course is exactly what the "aras" want.

>if the diatribes were removed and intelligent argument presented
>instead, in RELEVANT news groups.

"aras" want to prevent as much criticism of their objective as they can, so they
work against thought in that direction.

>Ah well

They feel they're at war with everyone but themselves. Most if not all of what
they claim and want is based on some sort of dishonesty. One of their biggest
problems is that some animals raised for food have lives of positive value, and
they can't make that fact go away. But they can't afford to allow people to
appreciate the fact either, so they make up absurd claims, lie about meanings of
things, and attack people who point the fact out. They are so desperate to
oppose the fact that they now depend on such claims as:

"EVEN WITH the very best animal welfare conditions one might provide: they
STILL might not be as good as the "pre-existence" state was for the animals;
one simply cannot know." - Goo

"Life per se - basic existence - is not a benefit to any creature." - Goo

"Being born is not a benefit in any way. It can't be." - Goo

"NO animals 'benefit' from being born, Fuckwit. Not a single one." - Goo

That's the type of desperate and dishonest fool we deal with when confronting
"aras". Even in these few examples we can see that the level of desperation
and dishonesty increased greatly from that of the first claim.

1ce
2006-08-07 09:38:50 EST
<*e@all.invalid.com> wrote:

>*o@Enemyreports.soc wrote:
>
>>[...]
>>The Animal Liberation Front (ALF), which advocates illegal, nonviolent
>>activism, was responsible for dozens of attacks in North America last
>>year. It took credit for $750,000 in damage to offices and equipment at
>>the University of Minnesota, where researchers study Alzheimer's disease
>>and work on a vaccine against brain cancer. Other targets were the
>>University of California at San Francisco, where many data, including
>>work aimed at developing alternatives to animal research, were lost,
>>and Western Washington University, where three dozen research rats and
>>rabbits were stolen. ALF proudly stated that it destroyed one
>>scientist's lifetime of work there.
>>[...]
>>http://www.sciam.com/2000/0200issue/0200techbus1.html
>

>The problem is that although they think they are well meaning, they haven't really
>thought this through. They would by their own arguments rather see children die than
>allow cures to be discovered to save these children's lives.
>
>Trouble is that they are hypocrites, because when it comes down to their own children
>and families they are happy to take the cures that have been discovered by the very
>means they apparently despise.
>
>I have no doubt that the individuals involved are decent and kind people, whom I
>would probably like and would enjoy their company if I met them, but they are
>slavishly following the rhetoric posted on various web sites, which they repeatedly
>post in here (uk.rec.birdwatching) and which has nothing to do with the group.
>
>Ironically they are alienating people who would probably be supportive of some of
>their ideas; if the diatribes were removed and intelligent argument presented
>instead, in RELEVANT news groups.
>

>Ah well

Dick.

Jim Webster,Barrow-in-Furness farmer,troll & president of Cumbria CLA.
would you let your children near this person? see
http://tinyurl.com/kgbnf
now in the sixth year of raving about Pat Gardiner and
still no result.

Need to complain about employees bringing Country Land and Business Association
into disrepute? Why not contact us at
Country Land and Business Association

16 Belgrave Square
London
SW1X 8PQ

Telephone: +44 (0)20 7235 0511
Fax: +44 (0)20 7235 4696
E-mail: mail@cla.org.uk

David Fursdon – President

Phone: 020 7235 0511
FAX: 020 7235 4696
Email david.fursdon@cla.org.uk

Henry Aubrey-Fletcher – Deputy President

Phone: 020 7235 0511
FAX: 020 7235 4696
Email henry.aubrey-fletcher@cla.org.uk

William Worsley – Vice President