Vegetarian Discussion: Stupid People

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

W*@hotmail.com
2006-07-13 02:49:37 EST
Apparently the vet's office deals with a lot of dumb people.

My dog is 16 years old, and he can't be properly groomed without
anesthesia. He won't let us get his face or paws. I would let him just
stay ungroomed (and avoid the anesthesia) except it makes him very
uncomfortable, so there's really no alternative except to take him in.


Anyway, I called the vet's office this morning to make the appointment.
The lady on the phone insisted that he needed a rabies shot, because
"It would be safer for the handlers if he had a rabies shot." I don't
get a lot of days off, I'm not even guaranteed a day off every week,
though I get one most weeks lately. So I was concerned that I'd have to
wait longer to get his hair cut. I asked "So, does this mean that I'll
have to make an appointment for him to get the rabies shot, and then
another appointment to get his hair cut?"

She said "No." So then I said "I don't have a problem with him having
one, but it wouldn't do the handlers any good if he got a rabies shot
that day and he had rabies."

After that there was an awkward silence.

The woman had been caught in a lie. A lie, that, apparently worked on a
lot of other people to coerce them into getting their dogs vaccinated.
She apparently assumed I would be so stupid as to think that a rabies
shot would both go into affect immediately, and cure rabies!

She admitted that it wouldn't make any difference, but came back with
"But he's due!" I told her that he hadn't had one in nearly a decade,
because he'd been an inside dog, but I didn't have a problem with him
having one, so I'd go ahead and get one for him. After that barrier was
crossed, I was able to set up for an appointment.

Truth be told, it's probably not a bad idea. There are squirrels in the
neighborhood now, which there didn't used to be a few years ago.


D*@.
2006-07-13 12:53:18 EST
On 12 Jul 2006 23:49:37 -0700, windstorm_100@hotmail.com wrote:

>Apparently the vet's office deals with a lot of dumb people.

They're probably inconvenienced by it frequently, and someone
probably ends up getting hurt once in a while too.

>My dog is 16 years old, and he can't be properly groomed without
>anesthesia. He won't let us get his face or paws. I would let him just
>stay ungroomed (and avoid the anesthesia) except it makes him very
>uncomfortable, so there's really no alternative except to take him in.
>
>
>Anyway, I called the vet's office this morning to make the appointment.
>The lady on the phone insisted that he needed a rabies shot, because
>"It would be safer for the handlers if he had a rabies shot." I don't
>get a lot of days off, I'm not even guaranteed a day off every week,
>though I get one most weeks lately. So I was concerned that I'd have to
>wait longer to get his hair cut. I asked "So, does this mean that I'll
>have to make an appointment for him to get the rabies shot, and then
>another appointment to get his hair cut?"
>
>She said "No." So then I said "I don't have a problem with him having
>one, but it wouldn't do the handlers any good if he got a rabies shot
>that day and he had rabies."
>
>After that there was an awkward silence.
>
>The woman had been caught in a lie. A lie, that, apparently worked on a
>lot of other people to coerce them into getting their dogs vaccinated.

Maybe she thinks all dogs should be. I had been of the opinion
that it's something you do. It seems like an even better idea if you
have a dog who's likely to snap at someone.

>She apparently assumed I would be so stupid as to think that a rabies
>shot would both go into affect immediately, and cure rabies!
>
>She admitted that it wouldn't make any difference, but came back with
>"But he's due!" I told her that he hadn't had one in nearly a decade,
>because he'd been an inside dog, but I didn't have a problem with him
>having one, so I'd go ahead and get one for him.

That's probably why she wanted you to get it. She was looking out
for her own people in the future, and probably does it as a regular
thing. By not giving the dog his shots you're really making other people
take a bigger risk than you yourself are taking, since the dog is more
likely to bite someone else than you.

>After that barrier was
>crossed, I was able to set up for an appointment.
>
>Truth be told, it's probably not a bad idea. There are squirrels in the
>neighborhood now, which there didn't used to be a few years ago.

Of course when I saw the subject heading I expected this post to
be about Goo. You appear to have figured your situation out by the
end of your own post. In contrast, Goo's stupidity is continuous and
much more severe. For this thread about stupid people, I present
some of the remarkable absurdities and idiotics of the inept and
maundering "Doctor" Goobernicus Gonad:
_________________________________________________________
"Dogs NEVER anticipate, nor do cats, or cattle, or
any other animal you've ever encountered." - Goo

"Animals do not experience frustration." - Goo

"No zygotes, animals, people, or any other living thing
benefits from coming into existence. No farm animals
benefit from farming." - Goo

"Animals cannot be or feel disappointed." - Goo

"Non human animals experience neither pride nor
disappointment. They don't have the mental ability
to feel either." - Goo

"Dogs, cats, cattle, almost all animals "lower" than
the great apes have no sense of self." - Goo

"No animals anticipate." - Goo

"Anticipation requires language." - Goo

"They are not aware that they can see. " - Goo

"They are *not* aware that they can smell." - Goo

"it is merely giving a CONDITIONED RESPONSE
to a signal." - Goo

"a lot of what you're calling their "behavior" is
non-existent" - Goo

"Ranchers . . . have no idea if a steer they raise is
going to be used entirely for human consumption,
entirely for animal consumption, or for some
combination; nor do they care." - Goo

"Cattle are specifically bred into existence to be
pet food. " - Goo

"I'm right about all of it." - Goo
"I can explain myself in logical and coherent terms" - Goo
"Why are you laughing at mental illness" - Goo
"I'm not stupid." - Goo
"I know exactly what I think" - Goo
"I educated the public" - Goo
"I haven't made any absurd claims" - Goo
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Marche
2006-07-13 19:42:42 EST
dh@. wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2006 23:49:37 -0700, windstorm_100@hotmail.com wrote:

> Of course when I saw the subject heading I expected this post to
> be about Goo.

I expected it to be about you, and Butchy Boy, and little Jonny Screwball.

Leif Erikson
2006-07-14 01:32:34 EST
Ptooie, the Shame of Canoga Park, is a stupid person.

Sunisyne And Azrella
2006-07-14 21:32:41 EST

dh@. wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2006 23:49:37 -0700, windstorm_100@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >Apparently the vet's office deals with a lot of dumb people.
>
> They're probably inconvenienced by it frequently, and someone
> probably ends up getting hurt once in a while too.
>
> >My dog is 16 years old, and he can't be properly groomed without
> >anesthesia. He won't let us get his face or paws. I would let him just
> >stay ungroomed (and avoid the anesthesia) except it makes him very
> >uncomfortable, so there's really no alternative except to take him in.
> >
> >
> >Anyway, I called the vet's office this morning to make the appointment.
> >The lady on the phone insisted that he needed a rabies shot, because
> >"It would be safer for the handlers if he had a rabies shot." I don't
> >get a lot of days off, I'm not even guaranteed a day off every week,
> >though I get one most weeks lately. So I was concerned that I'd have to
> >wait longer to get his hair cut. I asked "So, does this mean that I'll
> >have to make an appointment for him to get the rabies shot, and then
> >another appointment to get his hair cut?"
> >
> >She said "No." So then I said "I don't have a problem with him having
> >one, but it wouldn't do the handlers any good if he got a rabies shot
> >that day and he had rabies."
> >
> >After that there was an awkward silence.
> >
> >The woman had been caught in a lie. A lie, that, apparently worked on a
> >lot of other people to coerce them into getting their dogs vaccinated.
>
> Maybe she thinks all dogs should be. I had been of the opinion
> that it's something you do. It seems like an even better idea if you
> have a dog who's likely to snap at someone.
>
> >She apparently assumed I would be so stupid as to think that a rabies
> >shot would both go into affect immediately, and cure rabies!
> >
> >She admitted that it wouldn't make any difference, but came back with
> >"But he's due!" I told her that he hadn't had one in nearly a decade,
> >because he'd been an inside dog, but I didn't have a problem with him
> >having one, so I'd go ahead and get one for him.
>
> That's probably why she wanted you to get it. She was looking out
> for her own people in the future, and probably does it as a regular
> thing. By not giving the dog his shots you're really making other people
> take a bigger risk than you yourself are taking, since the dog is more
> likely to bite someone else than you.
>
> >After that barrier was
> >crossed, I was able to set up for an appointment.
> >
> >Truth be told, it's probably not a bad idea. There are squirrels in the
> >neighborhood now, which there didn't used to be a few years ago.
>
> Of course when I saw the subject heading I expected this post to
> be about Goo. You appear to have figured your situation out by the
> end of your own post. In contrast, Goo's stupidity is continuous and
> much more severe. For this thread about stupid people, I present
> some of the remarkable absurdities and idiotics of the inept and
> maundering "Doctor" Goobernicus Gonad:
> _________________________________________________________
> "Dogs NEVER anticipate, nor do cats, or cattle, or
> any other animal you've ever encountered." - Goo
>
> "Animals do not experience frustration." - Goo
>
> "No zygotes, animals, people, or any other living thing
> benefits from coming into existence. No farm animals
> benefit from farming." - Goo
>
> "Animals cannot be or feel disappointed." - Goo
>
> "Non human animals experience neither pride nor
> disappointment. They don't have the mental ability
> to feel either." - Goo
>
> "Dogs, cats, cattle, almost all animals "lower" than
> the great apes have no sense of self." - Goo
>
> "No animals anticipate." - Goo
>
> "Anticipation requires language." - Goo
>
> "They are not aware that they can see. " - Goo
>
> "They are *not* aware that they can smell." - Goo
>
> "it is merely giving a CONDITIONED RESPONSE
> to a signal." - Goo
>
> "a lot of what you're calling their "behavior" is
> non-existent" - Goo
>
> "Ranchers . . . have no idea if a steer they raise is
> going to be used entirely for human consumption,
> entirely for animal consumption, or for some
> combination; nor do they care." - Goo
>
> "Cattle are specifically bred into existence to be
> pet food. " - Goo
>
> "I'm right about all of it." - Goo
> "I can explain myself in logical and coherent terms" - Goo
> "Why are you laughing at mental illness" - Goo
> "I'm not stupid." - Goo
> "I know exactly what I think" - Goo
> "I educated the public" - Goo
> "I haven't made any absurd claims" - Goo
> ¯Who is this Goo and why does he have his head up his butt? Suni¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯


Sunisyne And Azrella
2006-07-14 21:41:07 EST

dh@. wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2006 23:49:37 -0700, windstorm_100@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >Apparently the vet's office deals with a lot of dumb people.
>
> They're probably inconvenienced by it frequently, and someone
> probably ends up getting hurt once in a while too.
>
> >My dog is 16 years old, and he can't be properly groomed without
> >anesthesia. He won't let us get his face or paws. I would let him just
> >stay ungroomed (and avoid the anesthesia) except it makes him very
> >uncomfortable, so there's really no alternative except to take him in.
> >
> >
> >Anyway, I called the vet's office this morning to make the appointment.
> >The lady on the phone insisted that he needed a rabies shot, because
> >"It would be safer for the handlers if he had a rabies shot." I don't
> >get a lot of days off, I'm not even guaranteed a day off every week,
> >though I get one most weeks lately. So I was concerned that I'd have to
> >wait longer to get his hair cut. I asked "So, does this mean that I'll
> >have to make an appointment for him to get the rabies shot, and then
> >another appointment to get his hair cut?"
> >
> >She said "No." So then I said "I don't have a problem with him having
> >one, but it wouldn't do the handlers any good if he got a rabies shot
> >that day and he had rabies."
> >
> >After that there was an awkward silence.
> >
> >The woman had been caught in a lie. A lie, that, apparently worked on a
> >lot of other people to coerce them into getting their dogs vaccinated.
>
> Maybe she thinks all dogs should be. I had been of the opinion
> that it's something you do. It seems like an even better idea if you
> have a dog who's likely to snap at someone.
>
> >She apparently assumed I would be so stupid as to think that a rabies
> >shot would both go into affect immediately, and cure rabies!
> >
> >She admitted that it wouldn't make any difference, but came back with
> >"But he's due!" I told her that he hadn't had one in nearly a decade,
> >because he'd been an inside dog, but I didn't have a problem with him
> >having one, so I'd go ahead and get one for him.
>
> That's probably why she wanted you to get it. She was looking out
> for her own people in the future, and probably does it as a regular
> thing. By not giving the dog his shots you're really making other people
> take a bigger risk than you yourself are taking, since the dog is more
> likely to bite someone else than you.
>
> >After that barrier was
> >crossed, I was able to set up for an appointment.
> >
> >Truth be told, it's probably not a bad idea. There are squirrels in the
> >neighborhood now, which there didn't used to be a few years ago.
>
> Of course when I saw the subject heading I expected this post to
> be about Goo. You appear to have figured your situation out by the
> end of your own post. In contrast, Goo's stupidity is continuous and
> much more severe. For this thread about stupid people, I present
> some of the remarkable absurdities and idiotics of the inept and
> maundering "Doctor" Goobernicus Gonad:
> _________________________________________________________
> "Dogs NEVER anticipate, nor do cats, or cattle, or
> any other animal you've ever encountered." - Goo
>
> "Animals do not experience frustration." - Goo
>
> "No zygotes, animals, people, or any other living thing
> benefits from coming into existence. No farm animals
> benefit from farming." - Goo
>
> "Animals cannot be or feel disappointed." - Goo
>
> "Non human animals experience neither pride nor
> disappointment. They don't have the mental ability
> to feel either." - Goo
>
> "Dogs, cats, cattle, almost all animals "lower" than
> the great apes have no sense of self." - Goo
>
> "No animals anticipate." - Goo
>
> "Anticipation requires language." - Goo
>
> "They are not aware that they can see. " - Goo
>
> "They are *not* aware that they can smell." - Goo
>
> "it is merely giving a CONDITIONED RESPONSE
> to a signal." - Goo
>
> "a lot of what you're calling their "behavior" is
> non-existent" - Goo
>
> "Ranchers . . . have no idea if a steer they raise is
> going to be used entirely for human consumption,
> entirely for animal consumption, or for some
> combination; nor do they care." - Goo
>
> "Cattle are specifically bred into existence to be
> pet food. " - Goo
>
> "I'm right about all of it." - Goo
> "I can explain myself in logical and coherent terms" - Goo
> "Why are you laughing at mental illness" - Goo
> "I'm not stupid." - Goo
> "I know exactly what I think" - Goo
> "I educated the public" - Goo
> "I haven't made any absurd claims" - Goo
> ¯¯¯Iam sorry iam not trying to cross post but the answer is going to i mean no disrespect but who is this Goo and how does he know his answers are right
? I think that animals are more intellgent than we give them credit
for, my cat can and has talked well enough to be understood, if animals
are so dumb as he claims then how come many animals have and will
escape large enclosers and houses? my one pet rat ran away and not by
mistreatment i tell you i still cannot figure it out to this day. the
cage was locked and the windows were shut and know one was home but she
got out somehow so if that were the case of animals are dumb figure
that one out!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯


D*@.
2006-07-15 12:40:34 EST
On 14 Jul 2006 18:41:07 -0700, "Sunisyne and Azrella" <Sunisyne@Yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>*h@. wrote:
>> On 12 Jul 2006 23:49:37 -0700, windstorm_100@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >Apparently the vet's office deals with a lot of dumb people.
>>
>> They're probably inconvenienced by it frequently, and someone
>> probably ends up getting hurt once in a while too.
[...]

>> Of course when I saw the subject heading I expected this post to
>> be about Goo. You appear to have figured your situation out by the
>> end of your own post. In contrast, Goo's stupidity is continuous and
>> much more severe. For this thread about stupid people, I present
>> some of the remarkable absurdities and idiotics of the inept and
>> maundering "Doctor" Goobernicus Gonad:
>> _________________________________________________________
>> "Dogs NEVER anticipate, nor do cats, or cattle, or
>> any other animal you've ever encountered." - Goo
>>
>> "Animals do not experience frustration." - Goo
>>
>> "No zygotes, animals, people, or any other living thing
>> benefits from coming into existence. No farm animals
>> benefit from farming." - Goo
>>
>> "Animals cannot be or feel disappointed." - Goo
>>
>> "Non human animals experience neither pride nor
>> disappointment. They don't have the mental ability
>> to feel either." - Goo
>>
>> "Dogs, cats, cattle, almost all animals "lower" than
>> the great apes have no sense of self." - Goo
>>
>> "No animals anticipate." - Goo
>>
>> "Anticipation requires language." - Goo
>>
>> "They are not aware that they can see. " - Goo
>>
>> "They are *not* aware that they can smell." - Goo
>>
>> "it is merely giving a CONDITIONED RESPONSE
>> to a signal." - Goo
>>
>> "a lot of what you're calling their "behavior" is
>> non-existent" - Goo
>>
>> "Ranchers . . . have no idea if a steer they raise is
>> going to be used entirely for human consumption,
>> entirely for animal consumption, or for some
>> combination; nor do they care." - Goo
>>
>> "Cattle are specifically bred into existence to be
>> pet food. " - Goo
>>
>> "I'm right about all of it." - Goo
>> "I can explain myself in logical and coherent terms" - Goo
>> "Why are you laughing at mental illness" - Goo
>> "I'm not stupid." - Goo
>> "I know exactly what I think" - Goo
>> "I educated the public" - Goo
>> "I haven't made any absurd claims" - Goo
>> ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
>Iam sorry iam not trying to cross post

Cross posting is okay. Some people just haven't figured that out yet.

>but the answer is going to i mean
>no disrespect but who is this Goo and how does he know his answers
>are right?

Goo is what many refer to as "an animal rights freak". This Goober
is a unique case...a sort of extreme "ara" who lies about pretty much
everything, especially the fact that he supports "ar". That is necessary
for him because he amusingly claims to be an "ar" opponent, trying to
pose in that position in hopes of creating the impression that "ar"
opponents are dishonest, childish, inconsiderate idiots by his own
character.

>I think that animals are more intellgent than we give them credit
>for, my cat can and has talked well enough to be understood,

What did it say?

>if animals
>are so dumb as he claims then how come many animals have and will
>escape large enclosers and houses? my one pet rat ran away and not by
>mistreatment i tell you i still cannot figure it out to this day.

They're really pretty stupid. I don't know if you let it out to run around
when you were there to keep an eye on it, but it might have helped if
you did. I had one for a while and would let him out to get excercise and
he got familiar with the room and where his cage was too. He would
make two or three trips around the room staying mostly right by the wall,
stopping to play with me for a while on the way by, and when he got
tired he would either curl up with me on the couch, or go back in his
cage and do it there...usually the latter.

>the
>cage was locked and the windows were shut and know one was home but she
>got out somehow so if that were the case of animals are dumb figure
>that one out!

They do have "hands", so with enough fumbling around it might have
figured out how to make something move a little...then return to it over
and over until if finally got the door open...something like that.

Back to Goo: The inept absurdity of Goober's position is obvious.
Is Goo really unaware of it? It's hard to say regarding his ignorance and
idiocy about animal emotions. But Goo's main objective is to attempt--so
far completely unsuccessfully--to refute the fact that some livestock have
lives of positive value. In his desperation to oppose the fact, the Goober
has stooped to making a number of absurd claims. The following is a short
list showing some of the idiotics that "aras" must resort to, in their desperate
attempts to prevent people from cosidering that decent lives for livestock
could be ethically equivalent or superior to the "ar" objective of eliminating
them instead:

"Unless we know with certainty that the entity's welfare
improves when it moves from "pre-existence" into the
life we can detect, we cannot conclude that life is a
benefit to it." - Goo

"EVEN WITH the very best animal welfare conditions
one might provide: they STILL might not be as good
as the "pre-existence" state was for the animals" - Goo

"Coming into existence is not a benefit to them: it does not make
them better off than before they existed." - Goo

"Life is not a "benefit"" - Goo

"Being born is not a benefit in any way. It can't be." - Goo

"NO animals 'benefit' from being born, Fuckwit. Not a
single one." - Goo

"Animals "getting to experience life", per se, is not worthy of
moral consideration. " - Goo

"Life -per se- NEVER is a "benefit" to animals or even to humans
. . . "getting to experience life" is not a benefit." - Goo

"When considering your food choices ethically, assign
ZERO weight to the morally empty fact that choosing to
eat meat causes animals to be bred into existence." - Goo

"the moral harm caused by killing them is greater in magnitude
than ANY benefit they might derive from "decent lives" - Goo

""giving them life" does NOT mitigate the wrongness of
their deaths" - Goo

"Humans could change it. They could change it by ending it." - Goo

"There is no "selfishness" involved in wanting farm animals not to
exist as a step towards creating a more just world." - Goo

Dave Bugg
2006-07-15 13:54:02 EST
Sunisyne and Azrella wrote:

> ? I think that animals are more intellgent than we give them credit
> for, my cat can and has talked well enough to be understood, if
> animals
> are so dumb as he claims then how come many animals have and will
> escape large enclosers and houses? my one pet rat ran away and not by
> mistreatment i tell you i still cannot figure it out to this day. the
> cage was locked and the windows were shut and know one was home but
> she
> got out somehow so if that were the case of animals are dumb figure
> that one out!

>From your incoherent writing style and inability to snip a previous post's
text, I can understand why you'd think animal intelligence is underrated.
Keep talkin' to your cat, though; I'm sure it is sympathetic to your plight.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com



D*@.
2006-07-15 14:31:03 EST
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:54:02 -0700, "Dave Bugg" <davebugg2@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Sunisyne and Azrella wrote:
>
>> ? I think that animals are more intellgent than we give them credit
>> for, my cat can and has talked well enough to be understood, if
>> animals
>> are so dumb as he claims then how come many animals have and will
>> escape large enclosers and houses? my one pet rat ran away and not by
>> mistreatment i tell you i still cannot figure it out to this day. the
>> cage was locked and the windows were shut and know one was home but
>> she
>> got out somehow so if that were the case of animals are dumb figure
>> that one out!
>
>From your incoherent writing style and inability to snip a previous post's
>text, I can understand why you'd think animal intelligence is underrated.

Do you agree with "aras" that no livestock benefit from farming,
or can you understand that some do and some don't depending
on the quality of their lives?


Dutch
2006-07-16 04:18:55 EST

<*h@.> wrote in message news:v1dib2h8hkkskt160oa03n6ocq64a02jg9@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:54:02 -0700, "Dave Bugg" <davebugg2@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Sunisyne and Azrella wrote:
>>
>>> ? I think that animals are more intellgent than we give them credit
>>> for, my cat can and has talked well enough to be understood, if
>>> animals
>>> are so dumb as he claims then how come many animals have and will
>>> escape large enclosers and houses? my one pet rat ran away and not by
>>> mistreatment i tell you i still cannot figure it out to this day. the
>>> cage was locked and the windows were shut and know one was home but
>>> she
>>> got out somehow so if that were the case of animals are dumb figure
>>> that one out!
>>
>>From your incoherent writing style and inability to snip a previous post's
>>text, I can understand why you'd think animal intelligence is underrated.
>
> Do you agree with "aras" that no livestock benefit from farming,
> or can you understand that some do and some don't depending
> on the quality of their lives?

I'm quite sure that he would have no idea what the hell you're talking
about, except that he's already heard enough of your drivel and has moved
on.


Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron