Vegetarian Discussion: DOCTORS' DAY - REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

DOCTORS' DAY - REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

Or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2006-07-01 22:01:33 EST
DOCTORS' DAY - REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

Forwarded message from Jagannath Chatterjee

[ Subject: Doctors Day: Revised Oath for Doctors
[ From: Jagannath Chatterjee
[ Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006

REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

Written and Administered by Dr. Leo Rebello, since 2003

This more comprehensive Oath was drawn by Dr. Leo Rebello
in 2003, since Hippocrates Oath is now partly outdated
being centuries old. This revised Oath has been widely
circulated, accepted and appreciated.

1st July is celebrated as Doctors' Day all over the
world. The day usually passes without a whimper. Many
doctors have forgotten their Hippocratic oath or
humanism. Therefore, I would like to administer the
following oath to the doctors to serve as a reminder as
to how important is their profession. Doctors to please
repeat after me.

I, -------------, do hereby swear on this solemn day
that:

I shall NOT prescribe unnecessary medicines and tests to
my patients;

I shall NOT give false counseling;

I shall NOT overcharge and accept cuts and gifts;

I shall NOT rape tiny tots with mercury laced
innoculations or vaccinations, for they pollute the blood
stream leading to serious diseases like AIDS, Cancers,
Autism, etc;

I shall NOT prescribe lethal drugs, like anti-
retrovirals, chemotherapy, or give ECT to my patients;

I shall NOT indulge in human organ thefts to the
detriment of my patients;

I shall NOT be afraid of any authority and fabricate
medical records or give false evidence;

I shall NOT exploit students studying under me;

I shall NOT manipulate findings or results to win grants.

I, -------------, further solemnly affirm that:

If I cannot treat a disease, I shall not say that AIDS,
cancers, diabetes has no cure. But will tell the patient
to try other systems of medicine.

I shall treat health practitioners of other systems with
respect and not tell deliberate lies to prove my
importance.

I shall study Holistic healing modalities to increase my
knowledge and wisdom.

I shall not even by mistake say that "HIV=AIDS=Death" or
cancers cannot be treated.

I shall not frighten my patients with unnecessary
comments, opinions or advice.

I still remember what Hippocrates said, namely, "Let diet
be your medicine" and shall accordingly prescribe fresh
fruits, vegetables and good diet to my patients, rather
than tonics, syrups, synthetic multi-vitamins, especially
to children.

I shall NOT perform surgery, unless it is absolutely must
and will not indulge in rackets like amniocentesis,
caesarian section, silicon implant or liposuction.

I shall work to ban the useless and cruel animal
experiments in the name of medicine.

I shall participate in periodic workshops, seminars,
conferences at my expense or on scholarship (no pharma
funding) to educate myself and speak from my conscience
if I am called upon to speak or preside.

Finally, I shall not consume alcohol, smoke tobacco, or
take other narcotic and psychtropic substances. As far as
possible, I shall also not take animal proteins.

I realize and aver that a great responsibility of
people's well-being is upon my shoulders and I shall
carry on my onerous task with utmost dedication.

This I swear in the name of God on this solemn Doctors'
Day and I shall repeat this oath daily lest I forget that
I am in a divine profession to heal the world.

For more enlightenment refer to Dr. Leo Rebello's popular
website: www.healthwisdom.org

"Our ideal is not the spirituality that withdraws from
life but the conquest of life by the power of the
spirit." - Aurobindo.

End of forwarded message from Jagannath Chatterjee

I (Jai Maharaj) posted the following in 1995:

Medicinal Properties of Vegetarian Food

"Ahinsaa, nonviolence, is the greatest gift. . . ahinsaa
is the highest teaching . . ." - The Mahaabhaarat.

Proclaiming what Asian health systems already state,
Hippocrates said: Let food be your medicine and medicine
your food.

Protect our planet from the destructive meat industry and
also achieve good health for yourself and your family.
Here is a short, A-through-G, list of the medicinal
properties of some plant foods:

APPLE good heart medicine; lowers blood cholesterol;
lowers blood pressure; stabilizes blood sugar; regulates
appetite; blocks cancer; kills infectious viruses APRICOT
cancer inhibitor, especially lung, smoking-related cancer
ARTICHOKE lowers blood cholesterol; stimulates bile and
urine BANANA prevents and heals ulcers; lowers blood
cholesterol BARLEY lowers bood cholesterol; inhibits
cancer; improves bowel function; relieves constipation
BEANS reduce bad-type cholesterol; inhibit cancer;
control insulin and blood sugar; lower blood pressure;
regulate colon function; cure and prevent constipation;
prevent hemorrhoids and other bowel problems BLUEBERRY
combats diarrhea; kills infectious viruses; blocks damage
to blood vessels; acts as a laxative in certain
situations BROCCOLI lowers risk of many cancers BRUSSEL
SPROUTS inhibit colon and stomach cancer CABBAGE lowers
risk of cancer, espcially of the colon; prevents and
heals ulcers; stimulates the immune system; kills harmful
bacteria and viruses; fosters growth; prolongs life
CARROT blocks cancer, especially smoking-related cancers;
lowers blood cholesterol; prevents constipation;
excellent food for the heart CAULIFLOWER reduces risk of
cancer, especially clon and stomach cancers CHERRY
prevents cavities CHILI PEPPER excellent medicine for the
lungs; acts as an expectorant; prevents and cures chronic
bronchitis and emphysema; acts as a decongestant;
dissolves blood clots; kills pain CORN prevents cancer;
lowers risk of heart disease; lowers risk of cavities;
corn oil lowers blood cholesterol CRANBERRY prevents
urinary tract infections, cystitis; kills harmful
bacteria and viruses; prevents kidney stones; deodorizes
urine CURRANT prevents and cures diarrhea; protects blood
vessels; prolongs life EGGPLANT protects arteries from
cholesterol damage; prevents cancer; prevents convulsions
FIG fights cancer; kills harmful bacteria; kills
roundworms; aids digestion GARLIC fights infections;
prevents cancer; thins the blood, anticoagulant; reduces
blood pressure; reduces cholesterol; reduces
triglycerides; strengthens the immune system; prevents
and cures chronic bronchitis; acts as an expectorant;
acts as a decongestant; is an antiseptic; is an anti-
tumor agent; is a sedative; is a hair restorer; is a
vermifuge; is a carminative; heals arthritis, influenza,
athlete's foot, dyspepsia, epilepsy, gangrene,
hypertension, piles, measles, jaundice, laryngitis, lead
poisoning, typhoid, dropsy, malaria, lip and mouth
disorders, ringworm, scurvy, intestinal gas, smallpox,
splenic enlargement, eye burns, cholera, phthisis,
catarrh, piles, etc. GINGER prevents motion sickness;
thins the blood; lowers blood cholesterol; prevents
cancer; cures vomiting; stops coughing; cures abdominal
pain; cures lumbago; cures diarrhea GRAPE inactivates
viruses; thwarts tooth decay; blocks cancer GRAPEFRUIT
great for the cardiovascular system; lowers blood
cholesterol; protects arteries from disease; lowers the
risk of cancer Sample of references: Applied and
Environmental Biology; Food Technology; Nutrition
Research; Hamdard; British Journal of Pharmacology;
Journal of Ethno-Pharmacology; Indian Journal of
Experimental Biiology; Israel Journal of Medical Science;
American Journal of Gastroenterology; American Journal of
Clinical Nutrition; Lipids; Cancer Research; Prostate;
British Journal of Nutrition.

Last year (1994) in Hawaii, we started perhaps the
America's only govenment-sponsored campaign to include
more plant-based foods in our diet.

The taxpayer-funded nutritional education program targets
kids and parents alike in our public school system.

What is more, the Physicians Committee for Responsible
Medicine, Washington, D.C., http://www.pcrm.org has
concluded that not only is an animal-based diet
unnecessary, but is actually harmful. In Bharat (also
known as India), large-scale efforts are being undertaken
to educate both medical practitioners and the general
population about the benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.

The benefits of the healthy, plant-based food culture
contrast sharply the terrorism the animal-eating habit
wages on our body, others and the environment. That is a
future we can all live with.

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/a5ljc
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Howard McCollister
2006-07-01 23:11:03 EST

<*t@mantra.comgg2EfR50j or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote
in message news:20060701W0gg2EfR50jKDu4438460t1@IqZ2R...
> DOCTORS' DAY - REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

--snipped--

Wow! You put a lot of effort into that useless drivel.

HMc

Or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2006-07-02 00:29:14 EST
DOCTORS' DAY - REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

Forwarded message from Jagannath Chatterjee

[ From: Jagannath Chatterjee
[ Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006

[...]

Chico Chupacabra
2006-07-02 10:14:16 EST
half-baked astrologer Jay Stevens wrote:

> DOCTORS' DAY - REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS
>
> Forwarded message from Jagannath Chatterjee
>
> [ Subject: Doctors Day: Revised Oath for Doctors
> [ From: Jagannath Chatterjee
> [ Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006
>
> REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS
>
> Written and Administered by Dr. Leo Rebello, since 2003
>
> This more comprehensive Oath was drawn by Dr. Leo Rebello
> in 2003, since Hippocrates Oath is now partly outdated
> being centuries old. This revised Oath has been widely
> circulated, accepted and appreciated.

Accepted and appreciated by nitwits, not by real doctors.

> 1st July is celebrated as Doctors' Day all over the
> world. The day usually passes without a whimper. Many
> doctors have forgotten their Hippocratic oath or
> humanism. Therefore, I would like to administer the
> following oath to the doctors to serve as a reminder as
> to how important is their profession. Doctors to please
> repeat after me.
>
> I, -------------, do hereby swear on this solemn day
> that:
>
> I shall NOT prescribe unnecessary medicines and tests to
> my patients;

That should rule out homeopathy's little sugar pills and all the strange hair testing, ayruvedic pulse testing, etc., advocated below.

> I shall NOT give false counseling;

That would rule you out, Jay, since you're an astrologer. Your job is to give false counsel to the weakest-minded among us.

> I shall NOT overcharge and accept cuts and gifts;

Overcharging is in the eye of the beholder.

> I shall NOT rape tiny tots with mercury laced
> innoculations or vaccinations,

So you'd rather let children die of communicable diseases which civilized countries (and many uncivilized ones as well) have eradicated.

> for they pollute the blood
> stream leading to serious diseases like AIDS, Cancers,
> Autism, etc;

Bullshit, there's zero evidence of AIDS, cancer, or autism being caused by vaccinations.

> I shall NOT prescribe lethal drugs, like anti-
> retrovirals, chemotherapy, or give ECT to my patients;

Anti-retrovirals and chemotherapy aren't lethal. They save and prolong lives.

<...>
> I, -------------, further solemnly affirm that:
>
> If I cannot treat a disease, I shall not say that AIDS,
> cancers, diabetes has no cure. But will tell the patient
> to try other systems of medicine.

Just as long as they stay away from chemotherapy and other proven treatments?

> I shall treat health practitioners of other systems with
> respect

It's one thing to treat others respectfully; it's another to consider their quackery to be legitimate medical equivalents.

> I shall study Holistic healing modalities to increase my
> knowledge and wisdom.

To help debunk them when misguided patients bring them to your attention and suggest they won't immunize their children or seek appropriate medical care for them?

> I shall not even by mistake say that "HIV=AIDS=Death" or
> cancers cannot be treated.

Cancers can be treated -- often with chemo. And with the ARV drugs on the market, AIDS doesn't have to be a speedy death sentence.

> I shall not frighten my patients with unnecessary
> comments, opinions or advice.

Then why would you give them bullshit advice that suggests vaccinations cause autism, AIDS, cancer, etc.? Dumb ass.

<...>
> I shall work to ban the useless and cruel animal
> experiments in the name of medicine.

And in its place, you'll tell people to take sugar pills (homeopathy) or partake in some other half-baked and debunked "healing art."

<...>
> Finally... I shall also not take animal proteins.

WTF does that have to do with medical science?

<snip rest of Jay's prolific BS>

David
2006-07-02 10:45:33 EST
Little goatsucker, What does your uneducated opinion have to do with
ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE? Why do drug users such as yourself think that
anyone interested in finding and discusing ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE want to
read your vomit? Please go back to your drug pusher and ask for
something stronger. David
chico chupacabra wrote:
> [...]
>
> > I shall not even by mistake say that "HIV=AIDS=Death" or
> > cancers cannot be treated.
>
> Cancers can be treated -- often with chemo. And with the ARV drugs on the market, AIDS doesn't have to be a speedy death sentence.
>
> > I shall not frighten my patients with unnecessary
> > comments, opinions or advice.
>
> Then why would you give them bullshit advice that suggests vaccinations cause autism, AIDS, cancer, etc.? Dumb ass.
>
> <...>
> > I shall work to ban the useless and cruel animal
> > experiments in the name of medicine.
>
> And in its place, you'll tell people to take sugar pills (homeopathy) or partake in some other half-baked and debunked "healing art."
>
> <...>
> > Finally... I shall also not take animal proteins.
>
> WTF does that have to do with medical science?

2006-07-02 13:26:08 EST
DOCTORS' DAY - REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

Forwarded message from Jagannath Chatterjee

[ From: Jagannath Chatterjee
[ Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006

[...]

Marcia
2006-07-02 14:28:35 EST

Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> DOCTORS' DAY - REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

I especially like this part:

I shall NOT indulge in human organ thefts to the
detriment of my patients;

:)

Rick
2006-07-02 18:54:28 EST

"Marcia" <design1@insight.rr.com> wrote in message

> Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>> DOCTORS' DAY - REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS
>
> I especially like this part:
>
> I shall NOT indulge in human organ thefts to the
> detriment of my patients;
> ===================
LOL So, if the doctors patient is the one NEEDING a transplant,
then it is not detrimental to HIS patient to steal one from
somebody, eh?

> :)

Marcia
2006-07-02 19:44:49 EST

rick wrote:
> > I especially like this part:
> >
> > I shall NOT indulge in human organ thefts to the
> > detriment of my patients;
> > ===================
> LOL So, if the doctors patient is the one NEEDING a transplant,
> then it is not detrimental to HIS patient to steal one from
> somebody, eh?
>

> > :)

That's the way I read it, too. It's okay to indulge in human organ
thefts to the detriment of other doctors' patients, or doctorless
patients, as long as you're not stealing *your own* patients' organs,
which perhaps includes the organs of your patients' significant others,
even if they're seeing other doctors, since that may also be construed
as detrimental to your patient. I suppose that could be negotiated on a
case-by-case basis, though.

OTOH, it seems to leave the door open to such practices as brokering
human organs on your patients' behalf (either buying or selling), and
doesn't address whether indulging in the theft of one kidney from a
patient you happen to be operating on for something else is truly to
his detriment, if said kidney is considered to be a spare part. :)

marcia

Dr. Homilete
2006-07-03 03:47:05 EST
Johnny Judas Jay "the jumpin' jackass jyotishithead" Maharaj wrote:

> ASSTROLLOGERS' DAY - REVISED OATH FOR ASSTROLLOGERS
>

> REVISED OATH FOR ASSTROLLOGERS
>

> I, -------------, do hereby swear on this solemn day
> that:
>
> I shall NOT prescribe unnecessary rituals and penances to
> my victims
>
> I shall NOT give false counseling;
>
> I shall NOT overcharge and accept cuts and gifts;
>
> I shall NOT rape tiny tots with venom laced
> "predictions" or "charts", for they pollute the blood
> of society leading to serious illnesses such as communalism,
> racism, inhumanity etc;
>
> I shall NOT present "predictions", like deaths,
> "bad karma" or other such nonsense, or otherwise injure my victims;
>
> I shall NOT indulge in human organ thefts to the
> detriment of my victims;
>
> I shall be afraid of authority and not fabricate
> records or give false assurances of "scientific validity";
>
> I shall NOT exploit victims by making them "study" under me;
>
> I shall NOT manipulate findings or results to win believers.
>

> I, -------------, further solemnly affirm that:
>
> If I cannot validate my claims, I shall not say that jyotish,
> astrology or any such charlatanism is authentic. But will tell the
> victim the true fraudulent nature of jyotishit.
>
> I shall treat practitioners of other religions with
> respect and not tell deliberate lies to prove my
> importance.
>
> I shall study other theologies to increase my
> knowledge and wisdom.
>
> I shall not even by mistake say that "Xians=evil" or
> that other races cannot be trusted.
>
> I shall not frighten my victims with unnecessary
> comments, opinions or advice.
>

> I shall NOT perform fraud, even it is absolutely a financial
> necessity for me and will not indulge in rackets like jyotishit,
> asstrollogy, numerology and other such crap.
>
> I shall work to ban the useless and cruel practice
> of jyotish in the name of religion.
>
> I shall participate in periodic workshops, seminars,
> conferences at my expense or on scholarship (no public
> funding) to educate myself and speak from my conscience
> if I am called upon to speak or preside.
>
> Finally, I shall not consume or promote propaganda, smoke saffron
> weed, or take other narcotic and psychtropic substances. As far as
> possible, I shall also not propagate jyotish lies.
>
> I realize and aver that a great responsibility of
> people's well-being is upon my shoulders and I shall
> carry on my onerous task with utmost dedication.
>
> This I swear in the name of God on this solemn Asstrollogers'
> Day and I shall repeat this oath daily lest I forget that
> I have a divine duty to rid the world of the fraud of asstrollogy.

It would indeed be a good thing, Jay, for you to take this oath.