Vegetarian Discussion: Dutch And The Collateral Deaths Argument.

Dutch And The Collateral Deaths Argument.
Posts: 55

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next  (First | Last)

Derek
2006-03-23 06:25:44 EST
Dutch has a long history of lies and hypocrisy behind
him, not least the collateral deaths argument which he
claims necessarily ruins the vegan's case against
abstaining from meat, but look at his earlier quotes
rejecting that argument.

"There is a whole different mindset between tolerating
collateral death in your life and seeking out direct
sacrifice for your subsistence."
Dutch Aug 26 2000 http://tinyurl.com/7dduf

and

"The recognition of collateral deaths does one thing, it
enables you to dismiss blanket claims by veg*ns that
their diet causes no deaths or animal suffering. Antis
attempt to parlay this into completely discrediting veg*n
diet claims. Since the phenomenon is virtually
unmeasurable the argument lacks fundamental credibility.
It therefore should not detract from veg*n beliefs that the
v*gan diet causes less animal suffering."
Dutch Dec 13 2000 http://tinyurl.com/yw2zf

As we can plainly see, Dutch doesn't believe that the
collateral deaths argument carries any weight against
vegans; he's merely trying to attack those he tried but
failed to aspire to.

Shrubkiller
2006-03-23 18:55:26 EST

Derek wrote:
> Dutch has a long history of lies and hypocrisy behind
> him, not least the collateral deaths argument which he
> claims necessarily ruins the vegan's case against
> abstaining from meat, but look at his earlier quotes
> rejecting that argument.
>
> "There is a whole different mindset between tolerating
> collateral death in your life and seeking out direct
> sacrifice for your subsistence."
> Dutch Aug 26 2000 http://tinyurl.com/7dduf
>
> and
>
> "The recognition of collateral deaths does one thing, it
> enables you to dismiss blanket claims by veg*ns that
> their diet causes no deaths or animal suffering. Antis
> attempt to parlay this into completely discrediting veg*n
> diet claims. Since the phenomenon is virtually
> unmeasurable the argument lacks fundamental credibility.
> It therefore should not detract from veg*n beliefs that the
> v*gan diet causes less animal suffering."
> Dutch Dec 13 2000 http://tinyurl.com/yw2zf
>
> As we can plainly see, Dutch doesn't believe that the
> collateral deaths argument carries any weight against
> vegans; he's merely trying to attack those he tried but
> failed to aspire to.



I have asked the field mouse genius and his ilk repeatedly for photos
of the carnage supposedly visited on the wildlife populations by the
growing of plant food but they can't seem to find any.

Maybe because there aren't any.

Maybe because the wholesale slaughter they insist on doesn't happen.


Dutch
2006-03-24 04:49:45 EST
"Derek" <usenet.email@gmail.com> wrote

I want to compliment you for making the concise posts, it's much better.

Now instead of dredging up seven-year old posts in lame attempts to
discredit *me* maybe you could apply your talents to arguing the actual
issues.




Dutch
2006-03-24 05:01:04 EST

"shrubkiller" <shrubkiller@excite.com> wrote

> I have asked the field mouse genius and his ilk repeatedly for photos
> of the carnage supposedly visited on the wildlife populations by the
> growing of plant food but they can't seem to find any.
>
> Maybe because there aren't any.
>
> Maybe because the wholesale slaughter they insist on doesn't happen.

Believe whatever you want, you just better hope that you're right, otherwise
you spent your life gnawing on tofu and bean sprouts for nothing. I'll take
my balanced diet and my balanced approach to life, thanks.




Shrubkiller
2006-03-24 19:05:14 EST

Dutch wrote:
> "shrubkiller" <shrubkiller@excite.com> wrote
>
> > I have asked the field mouse genius and his ilk repeatedly for photos
> > of the carnage supposedly visited on the wildlife populations by the
> > growing of plant food but they can't seem to find any.
> >
> > Maybe because there aren't any.
> >
> > Maybe because the wholesale slaughter they insist on doesn't happen.
>
> Believe whatever you want, you just better hope that you're right, otherwise
> you spent your life gnawing on tofu and bean sprouts for nothing. I'll take
> my balanced diet and my balanced approach to life, thanks.


Putrifying flesh balanced with fluids drawn from a diseased animal?

Sounds yummy.


Dutch
2006-03-25 03:33:45 EST

"shrubkiller" <shrubkiller@excite.com> wrote in message
news:1143245114.750461.7000@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>
> Dutch wrote:
>> "shrubkiller" <shrubkiller@excite.com> wrote
>>
>> > I have asked the field mouse genius and his ilk repeatedly for photos
>> > of the carnage supposedly visited on the wildlife populations by the
>> > growing of plant food but they can't seem to find any.
>> >
>> > Maybe because there aren't any.
>> >
>> > Maybe because the wholesale slaughter they insist on doesn't happen.
>>
>> Believe whatever you want, you just better hope that you're right,
>> otherwise
>> you spent your life gnawing on tofu and bean sprouts for nothing. I'll
>> take
>> my balanced diet and my balanced approach to life, thanks.
>
>
> Putrifying flesh balanced with fluids drawn from a diseased animal?
>
> Sounds yummy.

It's worse than I thought. A life spent gnawing on tofu and bean sprouts,
*and* having to live with thoughts like that, for nothing.



Sectour4
2006-04-11 22:39:50 EST

7 year war? Hmmmm


Dutchy lost.


Johnny 'THE PEACE' McNeese


Dutch
2006-04-12 05:59:48 EST

"sectour4" <akak22@ptd.net> wrote
>
> 7 year war? Hmmmm
>
>
> Dutchy lost.

You haven't even followed the discussions. If there was an objective
moderator in any of our debates his positions would have been declared null
and void dozens of times.



The Referee
2006-04-12 07:40:58 EST
"sectour4" <akak22@ptd.net> wrote in message-
>
> 7 year war? Hmmmm
>
> Dutchy lost.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeeeerrrr Right!! - "Instant" Replay.....

Derek wrote:
>>> ........"Then you have no argument against those who abstain
>>> from meat on ethical grounds."

Then, on Mar 16 2006, Derek lands the knockout punch as
Dutch finally declares, in humiliation:
>>"I don't care what food people abstain from or why, it's none of my
>>business."

Derek follows with his Victory Speech:
>"That's better. Run along now - you're done."

The well-deserved Trophy goes to Derek. Congratulations to him!!!!

-The Referee
------
-The Reference (see bottom of page):
http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.food.vegan/msg/27b310a3ec3a6b72?&hl



Dutch
2006-04-12 14:49:11 EST

"The Referee" <TheRef@TR.com> wrote
> "sectour4" <akak22@ptd.net> wrote in message-
>>
>> 7 year war? Hmmmm
>>
>> Dutchy lost.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Yeeeerrrr Right!! - "Instant" Replay.....
>
> Derek wrote:
>>>> ........"Then you have no argument against those who abstain
>>>> from meat on ethical grounds."
>
> Then, on Mar 16 2006, Derek lands the knockout punch as
> Dutch finally declares, in humiliation:
>>>"I don't care what food people abstain from or why, it's none of my
>>>business."
>
> Derek follows with his Victory Speech:
>>"That's better. Run along now - you're done."
>
> The well-deserved Trophy goes to Derek. Congratulations to him!!!!
>
> -The Referee
> ------
> -The Reference (see bottom of page):
> http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.food.vegan/msg/27b310a3ec3a6b72?&hl

I get it, he wins because he declared victory, you're a moron.


Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron