Vegetarian Discussion: Alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Posts: 15

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

Skywayz
2006-02-13 18:06:17 EST
Your thoughtful responses to the following three questions would be
useful to me as I explore this newsgroup. First, why did you join
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian? Second, if there is an elder among you
in terms of membership in the newsgroup, what is the history of this
newsgroup? Third, (a two-part question) how is the newsgroup
fragmented, and are the fragments within the newsgroup consistent over
time?


John Wesley
2006-02-14 21:31:31 EST
In article <1139871977.320841.299760@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
s*z@yahoo.com says...
> Your thoughtful responses to the following three questions would be
> useful to me as I explore this newsgroup. First, why did you join
> alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian?

I was looking for a good meatloaf recipe.


Leif Erikson
2006-02-15 00:16:16 EST
John Wesley wrote:

> In article <1139871977.320841.299760@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> sunshineskywayz@yahoo.com says...
>
>>Your thoughtful responses to the following three questions would be
>>useful to me as I explore this newsgroup. First, why did you join
>>alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian?
>
>
> I was looking for a good meatloaf recipe.

Howdya make out?

Leif Erikson
2006-02-15 00:41:33 EST
The response has been underwhelming...

Dutch
2006-02-15 00:59:02 EST

"John Wesley" <JohnWesley1987@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1e5c5c9152a645c298986b@news-server.carolina.rr.com...
> In article <1139871977.320841.299760@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> sunshineskywayz@yahoo.com says...
>> Your thoughtful responses to the following three questions would be
>> useful to me as I explore this newsgroup. First, why did you join
>> alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian?
>
> I was looking for a good meatloaf recipe.

Old-fashioned meatloaf

ingredients

1 can tomato soup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 TBSP chopped parsely
1 egg
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1-1/2 lbs lean ground beef
2 TBSP oil
1 cup bread cubes

preparation

Mix soup and water in a pot.

Mix thoroughly in a bowl 1/2 cup of the soup, bread cubes, onion, parsley,
egg, salt, pepper and meat. Press firmly into loaf pan. Mix oil into
remaining soup and pour over meatloaf. Cover and bake in 350\ufffd oven for 1-1/4
hours.




Dutch
2006-02-15 01:06:15 EST

"Skywayz" <sunshineskywayz@yahoo.com> wrote

> Your thoughtful responses to the following three questions would be
> useful to me as I explore this newsgroup. First, why did you join
> alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian?

The name intrigued me.

> Second, if there is an elder among you
> in terms of membership in the newsgroup, what is the history of this
> newsgroup?

I don't know who created it, someone with a sick sense of humor no doubt.

> Third, (a two-part question) how is the newsgroup
> fragmented, and are the fragments within the newsgroup consistent over
> time?

What do you mean by fragmented?




John Wesley
2006-02-15 01:46:25 EST
In article <GqzIf.7636$H%4.2833@pd7tw2no>, no@email.com says...
>
> "John Wesley" <JohnWesley1987@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1e5c5c9152a645c298986b@news-server.carolina.rr.com...
> > In article <1139871977.320841.299760@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> > sunshineskywayz@yahoo.com says...
> >> Your thoughtful responses to the following three questions would be
> >> useful to me as I explore this newsgroup. First, why did you join
> >> alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian?
> >
> > I was looking for a good meatloaf recipe.
>
> Old-fashioned meatloaf
>
> ingredients
>
> 1 can tomato soup
> 1/4 cup water
> 1/4 cup chopped onion
> 2 TBSP chopped parsely
> 1 egg
> 1 tsp salt
> 1/8 tsp black pepper
> 1-1/2 lbs lean ground beef
> 2 TBSP oil
> 1 cup bread cubes
>
> preparation
>
> Mix soup and water in a pot.
>
> Mix thoroughly in a bowl 1/2 cup of the soup, bread cubes, onion, parsley,
> egg, salt, pepper and meat. Press firmly into loaf pan. Mix oil into
> remaining soup and pour over meatloaf. Cover and bake in 350° oven for 1-1/4
> hours.
>
>
>
>
That sounds good!

THANKS!!

John Wesley
2006-02-15 01:47:15 EST
In article <AOyIf.11572$Nv2.8184@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
p*s@thedismalscience.net says...
> John Wesley wrote:
>
> > In article <1139871977.320841.299760@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> > sunshineskywayz@yahoo.com says...
> >
> >>Your thoughtful responses to the following three questions would be
> >>useful to me as I explore this newsgroup. First, why did you join
> >>alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian?
> >
> >
> > I was looking for a good meatloaf recipe.
>
> Howdya make out?
>
Dutch had one. Who says you can't get good information in this group


D*@.
2006-02-15 15:16:12 EST
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 06:06:15 GMT, "Dutch" <no@email.com> wrote:

>
>"Skywayz" <sunshineskywayz@yahoo.com> wrote
>
>> Your thoughtful responses to the following three questions would be
>> useful to me as I explore this newsgroup. First, why did you join
>> alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian?
>
>The name intrigued me.
>
>> Second, if there is an elder among you
>> in terms of membership in the newsgroup, what is the history of this
>> newsgroup?
>
>I don't know who created it, someone with a sick sense of humor no doubt.
>
>> Third, (a two-part question) how is the newsgroup
>> fragmented, and are the fragments within the newsgroup consistent over
>> time?
>
>What do you mean by fragmented?

Maybe like the "aras" and the antis, if there are any other antis left
besides myself and Etter. There is the Goobal fragment of you and
your hero, and whatever more honest "aras" are working along with
you scum.

D*@.
2006-02-15 15:16:37 EST
On 13 Feb 2006 15:06:17 -0800, "Skywayz" <sunshineskywayz@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Your thoughtful responses to the following three questions would be
>useful to me as I explore this newsgroup. First, why did you join
>alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian?

To draw attention to a very significant aspect of the
situation that "aras" have surprisingly managed to prevent
people from taking into consideration, and amusingly their
success in that may have a good bit to do with a fantasy
about a talking pig, written by one of their founding fathers
named "ar" Salt. The fantastic talking pig knows he is
being raised by humans, that they will kill him, that they
will make him into ham and sausages, and knows they will
eat him, quite unlike any real pigs. One aspect of the
situation that "aras" want to prevent people from taking
into consideration, and the Logic of the Talking "ar" Pig
supposedly opposes in some way, it that:
· Since the animals we raise for food would not be alive
if we didn't raise them for that purpose, it's a distortion of
reality not to take that fact into consideration whenever
we think about the fact that the animals are going to be
killed. The animals are not being cheated out of any part
of their life by being raised for food, but instead they are
experiencing whatever life they get as a result of it. ·

>Second, if there is an elder among you
>in terms of membership in the newsgroup, what is the history of this
>newsgroup?

Goo pretty well screwed up this ng and talk.politics.animals,
and who knows how many others by deliberately being an
inconsiderate asshole.

>Third, (a two-part question) how is the newsgroup
>fragmented, and are the fragments within the newsgroup consistent over
>time?

As far as I can tell there are few if any other "ar" opponents
left other than Rick Etter and myself. Goo and Dutch pretend
poorly/amusingly to be "ar" opponents--so they say--while they
try to persuade everyone to believe the following about the
objective to eliminate domestic animals, ie, "ar":
_________________________________________________________
(all quotes by Goo himself)

We're ONLY talking about deliberate human killing
ONLY deliberate human killing deserves any moral
consideration.
You consider that it "got to experience life" to be
some kind of mitigation of the evil of killing it
people who consume animals justify the harm they inflict
on the animals by believing that "giving" life to the
animals somehow mitigates the harm.
Fact: IF it is wrong to kill animals deliberately for
food, then having deliberately caused them to live in
the first place does not mitigate the wrong in any way
"giving them life" does NOT mitigate the wrongness of
their deaths
It is morally wrong, in an absolute sense - unjust, in
other words - if humans kill animals they don't need
to kill, i.e. not in self defense. There's your answer
killing the animals needlessly and merely for human
convenience is the worst violation of their rights
humans deliberately killing animals for food is an immoral
thing to do.
Humans could change it. They could change it by ending it.
People who don't want them to exist should be "vegans".
And if everyone adopted "veg*nism", no farm animals would
live in bad conditions.
You invent some arbitrary line and head off in some other
bizarre direction...all by yourself.
[That "other bizarre direction" is the idea of deliberately
providing decent AW for the animals we raise to eat]
there is no moral loss if domesticated species go extinct.
Since there is no moral loss to any animals, there is
nothing for any human to take into consideration
There is no "selfishness" involved in wanting farm animals
not to exist as a step towards creating a more just world.
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron