Vegetarian Discussion: HORSE SLAUGHTER TO CONTINUE DESPITE ACTION

HORSE SLAUGHTER TO CONTINUE DESPITE ACTION
Posts: 66

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2006-02-07 20:43:35 EST
Horse Slaughter to Continue Despite Action

http://tinyurl.com/dnelw

Or,

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=2091857&mesg_id=2091857

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/a5ljc
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

S Murthy
2006-02-07 23:54:08 EST
AswaMedham?? Siva siva!!!


Pearl
2006-02-12 10:39:45 EST
PLEASE CROSS POST WHEREVER APPROPRIATE!

In defiance of Congress and the expressed will of the American people,
and in favor of three foreign owned horse slaughter plants, USDA
Director Mike Johanns has published in the Federal Register a scheme
that will permit the continued slaughter of horses for human consumption
in spite of a Congressional moratorium.

Please view the KBR Wild Horse and Burro News story that explains the
situation, provides a link to the Federal Register notice, and suggests
what you can do.

http://www.kbrhorse.net/news/usdahorse01.html

Similar notices can be found on the ISPMB and AOWHA web sites.

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE! If you are concerned about horse slaughter
for human consumption, please ACT NOW and please pass this notice
along to all your friends and horse advocates.



Oscar
2006-02-12 15:04:34 EST

"pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
news:dsnkm9$uhf$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> PLEASE CROSS POST WHEREVER APPROPRIATE!
>
> In defiance of Congress and the expressed will of the American people,
> and in favor of three foreign owned horse slaughter plants, USDA
> Director Mike Johanns has published in the Federal Register a scheme
> that will permit the continued slaughter of horses for human consumption
> in spite of a Congressional moratorium.

The scheme was on the part of the animal nut lobby who thought they could
pull a fast one under the rubric of "saving tax dollars" which most
American people would be for:

"...prohibit Federal tax dollars from being used to fund the federally
mandated inspection of horses to be slaughtered for human consumption..."

Great idea. I think those processing plants should pay for their own
inspections... and so should other plants processing beef, chickens, duck,
milk, chewing gum, lollypops, bread, nuts, carrots, etc. But that doesn't
mean I think we should stop processing them... or eating them. And since
there isn't a "Mad Horse Disease" perhaps we should look into increasing the
breeding and processing of horse meat for human consumption.



Pearl
2006-02-12 17:45:19 EST
"oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message news:43ef963d_1@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>
> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
> news:dsnkm9$uhf$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> > PLEASE CROSS POST WHEREVER APPROPRIATE!
> >
> > In defiance of Congress and the expressed will of the American people,
> > and in favor of three foreign owned horse slaughter plants, USDA
> > Director Mike Johanns has published in the Federal Register a scheme
> > that will permit the continued slaughter of horses for human consumption
> > in spite of a Congressional moratorium.
>
> The scheme was on the part of the animal nut lobby who thought they could
> pull a fast one under the rubric of "saving tax dollars" which most
> American people would be for:
>
> "...prohibit Federal tax dollars from being used to fund the federally
> mandated inspection of horses to be slaughtered for human consumption..."
>
> Great idea. I think those processing plants should pay for their own
> inspections... and so should other plants processing beef, chickens, duck,
> milk, chewing gum, lollypops, bread, nuts, carrots, etc. But that doesn't
> mean I think we should stop processing them... or eating them. And since
> there isn't a "Mad Horse Disease" perhaps we should look into increasing the
> breeding and processing of horse meat for human consumption.

Rather, you should get over your unhealthy addiction to animal fat.

P.S. What goes around, comes around, .. always, .. eventually..

Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter
'Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good'
Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 4:40 p.m. EST (21:40 GMT)
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html



Oscar
2006-02-12 18:34:28 EST

"pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
news:dsodk4$6kr$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> "oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message
> news:43ef963d_1@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>>
>> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
>> news:dsnkm9$uhf$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
>> > PLEASE CROSS POST WHEREVER APPROPRIATE!
>> >
>> > In defiance of Congress and the expressed will of the American people,
>> > and in favor of three foreign owned horse slaughter plants, USDA
>> > Director Mike Johanns has published in the Federal Register a scheme
>> > that will permit the continued slaughter of horses for human
>> > consumption
>> > in spite of a Congressional moratorium.
>>
>> The scheme was on the part of the animal nut lobby who thought they could
>> pull a fast one under the rubric of "saving tax dollars" which most
>> American people would be for:
>>
>> "...prohibit Federal tax dollars from being used to fund the federally
>> mandated inspection of horses to be slaughtered for human consumption..."
>>
>> Great idea. I think those processing plants should pay for their own
>> inspections... and so should other plants processing beef, chickens,
>> duck,
>> milk, chewing gum, lollypops, bread, nuts, carrots, etc. But that doesn't
>> mean I think we should stop processing them... or eating them. And since
>> there isn't a "Mad Horse Disease" perhaps we should look into increasing
>> the
>> breeding and processing of horse meat for human consumption.
>
> Rather, you should get over your unhealthy addiction to animal fat.

Thank you doctor Pearl. I'll make a note of it!

>
> P.S. What goes around, comes around, .. always, .. eventually..
>
> Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter
> 'Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good'
> Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 4:40 p.m. EST (21:40 GMT)
> http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html

Perhaps what you should do is get over your hatred for Bush/Cheney... and
remember, what goes around, comes around... so perhaps someone will pull
your head out of the ground like a carrot... or at least out of your
fertilizer port.



Pearl
2006-02-12 20:49:35 EST
"oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message news:43efd4e3_4@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>
> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
> news:dsodk4$6kr$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
>
> > "oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message
> > news:43ef963d_1@newsfeed.slurp.net...
<..>
> >> breeding and processing of horse meat for human consumption.
> >
> > Rather, you should get over your unhealthy addiction to animal fat.
>
> Thank you doctor Pearl. I'll make a note of it!

Of course you will..

> > P.S. What goes around, comes around, .. always, .. eventually..
> >
> > Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter
> > 'Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good'
> > Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 4:40 p.m. EST (21:40 GMT)
> > http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html
>
> Perhaps what you should do is get over your hatred for Bush/Cheney...

A Cheney/Bush supporter, eh. How on earth could I guess.








Oscar
2006-02-12 21:29:20 EST

"pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
news:dsoodh$a0h$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> "oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message
> news:43efd4e3_4@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>>
>> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
>> news:dsodk4$6kr$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
>>
>> > "oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message
>> > news:43ef963d_1@newsfeed.slurp.net...
> <..>
>> >> breeding and processing of horse meat for human consumption.
>> >
>> > Rather, you should get over your unhealthy addiction to animal fat.
>>
>> Thank you doctor Pearl. I'll make a note of it!
>
> Of course you will..
>
>> > P.S. What goes around, comes around, .. always, .. eventually..
>> >
>> > Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter
>> > 'Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good'
>> > Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 4:40 p.m. EST (21:40 GMT)
>> > http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html
>>
>> Perhaps what you should do is get over your hatred for Bush/Cheney...
>
> A Cheney/Bush supporter, eh. How on earth could I guess.

Silly you... you didn't have to guess. I would have been glad to spell it
out for you and save you all of that effort. Just in case you are working on
some semi-obvious (to you) thought about now, put your brain cell down for a
moment and read on:

I am a registered republican, and I have been since I grew up. I associate
with a variety of folks, but mostly conservatives and libertarians and avoid
liberals, democrats and socialists. I voted for Bush... both of them... I am
a life member of the RNC and run a political website that you wouldn't like.
I have met Cheney, and despite the fact he is a lousy shot, he is a really
good guy who keeps his pants zipped up.

The day I met Dick the streets outside the hall were lined with democrat
protesters. Nothing wrong with that... but I wish they had bothered to take
a bath and iron their clothes before dropping in... this in stark contrast
with those EVIL republicans who arrived in suit and tie and smelling a lot
better than the southern end of a north-bound horse like the democrats
outside.

PS: I wasn't guessing when I mentioned your hatred of Bush... it is as
obvious as the stench from your unshaved pits... but I digress.

Less obvious, so I will help you a little here.... I love horses and my best
friend raises them (but not for food). I also love other animals and am very
active in dog rescue, but I pay for it instead of expecting the government
to do the heavy lifting.

Now you will excuse me but Faith, my Wonder Dog and I are about to have some
turkey for dinner... so you can pick up your brain cell now before you
forget where you put it... it looks so lonely there on the desk.

Toodles....




Pearl
2006-02-13 06:49:48 EST
"oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message news:43efee46_4@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>
> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
> news:dsoodh$a0h$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> > "oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message
> > news:43efd4e3_4@newsfeed.slurp.net...
> >>
> >> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
> >> news:dsodk4$6kr$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> >>
> >> > "oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:43ef963d_1@newsfeed.slurp.net...
> > <..>
> >> >> breeding and processing of horse meat for human consumption.
> >> >
> >> > Rather, you should get over your unhealthy addiction to animal fat.
> >>
> >> Thank you doctor Pearl. I'll make a note of it!
> >
> > Of course you will..
> >
> >> > P.S. What goes around, comes around, .. always, .. eventually..
> >> >
> >> > Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter
> >> > 'Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good'
> >> > Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 4:40 p.m. EST (21:40 GMT)
> >> > http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html
> >>
> >> Perhaps what you should do is get over your hatred for Bush/Cheney...
> >
> > A Cheney/Bush supporter, eh. How on earth could I guess.
>
> Silly you... you didn't have to guess. I would have been glad to spell it
> out for you and save you all of that effort. Just in case you are working on
> some semi-obvious (to you) thought about now, put your brain cell

(How original.) But you *did* spell it out.. utter contempt for people,
for animals, and for nature. A bunch of psychopaths, the lot of you.

Here, you can go read all about yourself.
http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm




Oscar
2006-02-13 07:40:27 EST

"pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
news:dspriu$m0s$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> "oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message
> news:43efee46_4@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>>
>> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
>> news:dsoodh$a0h$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
>> > "oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message
>> > news:43efd4e3_4@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>> >>
>> >> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
>> >> news:dsodk4$6kr$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
>> >>
>> >> > "oscar" <oscar@frotz.com> wrote in message
>> >> > news:43ef963d_1@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>> > <..>
>> >> >> breeding and processing of horse meat for human consumption.
>> >> >
>> >> > Rather, you should get over your unhealthy addiction to animal fat.
>> >>
>> >> Thank you doctor Pearl. I'll make a note of it!
>> >
>> > Of course you will..
>> >
>> >> > P.S. What goes around, comes around, .. always, .. eventually..
>> >> >
>> >> > Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter
>> >> > 'Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good'
>> >> > Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 4:40 p.m. EST (21:40 GMT)
>> >> > http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html
>> >>
>> >> Perhaps what you should do is get over your hatred for Bush/Cheney...
>> >
>> > A Cheney/Bush supporter, eh. How on earth could I guess.
>>
>> Silly you... you didn't have to guess. I would have been glad to spell it
>> out for you and save you all of that effort. Just in case you are working
>> on
>> some semi-obvious (to you) thought about now, put your brain cell
>
> (How original.) But you *did* spell it out.. utter contempt for people,
> for animals, and for nature. A bunch of psychopaths, the lot of you.

I love you too, sweetie! XXX There, feel better now?

OK folks, I've changed my mind because of PearlieGirl. She has convinced me
of the error of my ways. I now love all people who seek to enslave me with
their socialistic ideas and commandments. The government should do it all
for us poor hapless creatures called humanoids... at taxpayer (read - the
rich) expense.

As far as animals go, I now support turning Pearl's home into a sanctuary
for oppressed animals everywhere (since I am sure it already smells like
one... since she obviously couldn't use any strong cleaners for fear of
killing endangered germs). Pearl, you are welcome to come live with me under
the bridge if you like... we could curl up in the leaves together and watch
the bats fly past the moon at night with nothing but our fig-leaves on
(after having asked the fig tree for permission, of course). As for Mother
Nature... she is so fragile, as you pointed out in a prior barf, that I am
almost afraid to even approach her with my humble apology for fear of
scaring 20 million years off her growth. How she has made it this far with
MAN around is amazing... what with global warming, ozone holes, melting ice
caps, and the near-loss of her most precious delta with that awful concrete
wall around it.

Yes Pearlie, you vixen luv bunny, if only people understood just how smart
you really are... I am ashamed that you had to point out how I have such
contempt for PEOPLE. I now know I should contain my contempt for
conservatives only, following your most precious example, and become whole
and simpatico with the American Indian. This is great... and I guess that
means I can still go to the casino as long as it is on a reservation and I
walk and don't step on any ants along the way... is that correct?

Thanks - your new convert, and happy new member of "Bullies Anonymous"...
Our motto: Just shut up and help us stamp out people who disagree and have
the effrontery to express it openly.

Oscar

> Here, you can go read all about yourself.
> http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm

Bad Bullies... go suck an egg... er... orange, go suck an orange.


Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron