Vegetarian Discussion: Study: Fiber Diet Doesn't Cut Colon Cancer Risk

Study: Fiber Diet Doesn't Cut Colon Cancer Risk

Dutch
2005-12-23 17:29:55 EST
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10463146/

Whining, Crying, Bawl
2005-12-23 18:03:31 EST

Dutch wrote:
> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10463146/

fibre helps keep IGF-1 from dairy scoured out of your innards Putz.

Dutch
2005-12-23 21:44:09 EST

"Whining, Crying, Bawl" <bunghole-jonnie@lycos.com> wrote

> Dutch wrote:
>> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10463146/
>

> fibre helps keep IGF-1 from dairy scoured out of your innards Putz.

According to which reputable study? Books and websites featuring quack
doctors flogging books don't count.

Leif Erikson
2005-12-23 21:47:58 EST
Dutch wrote:
> "Whining, Crying, Bawl" <bunghole-jonnie@lycos.com> wrote
>
>>Dutch wrote:
>>
>>>http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10463146/
>>

>>fibre helps keep IGF-1 from dairy scoured out of your innards Putz.
>

> According to which reputable study?

None. dRone just makes that crap up as he goes along.

> Books and websites featuring quack
> doctors flogging books don't count.

Beach Runner
2005-12-24 05:07:33 EST

Dutch wrote:
> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10463146/

But it just studied fiber. Not what's in it. Does meat putrefy? More
research is known but a great first step.

Beach Runner
2005-12-24 05:09:25 EST

Leif Erikson wrote:

> Dutch wrote:

>>> fibre helps keep IGF-1 from dairy scoured out of your innards Putz.
>>

>> According to which reputable study?
>

> None. dRone just makes that crap up as he goes along.
>

>> Books and websites featuring quack doctors flogging books don't count.

As stated, it studied fiber alone, not the source. It open the door to
more research. I was taught that replication is the key of research.
Replicate/

More research is needed.

Dave
2005-12-24 08:33:06 EST
"CHICAGO - Eating lots of fiber does not lower a person's risk of
developing
colon cancer, but it is a good idea to consume fiber-rich fruits and
vegetables
anyway for your heart and overall health, a study said Tuesday."