Vegetarian Discussion: KATRINA & RITA RESCUED CATS & DOGS NEED YOUR HELP -->> NOW!!!

KATRINA & RITA RESCUED CATS & DOGS NEED YOUR HELP -->> NOW!!!

*Because **NYC** Could Be BETTER!!
2005-09-24 23:52:02 EST
a truck went out with a few volunteers, but money to pay for the rental
truck and to send another and items listed below still needed, as a
second truck for Katrina and Rita dogs and cats loose still needed.

You can help financially by mail or Paypal.
or by dropping off supplies.

details listed in below message:

------------>>

E-mail message

Sender: njaraalert-bounces@lists.igc.org From:njara@nj-ara.org
(New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance)

Date: Tue, Sep 13, 2005, 2:12pm To:

n*a@nj-ara.org (NJARA Action Alerts!)

Subject: [adl-nj] [Njara Alert] Katrina UPDATE - NJ rescuers,
fosters/homes, donations needed

PLEASE CROSS POST

Katrina UPDATE - NJ - rescuers, fosters/homes, donations needed
9/13/05

Hello,

This is a follow-up to a previous alert, asking that donations of
materials be dropped off at my house in North Plainfield, NJ and that
monetary donations be sent to NJARA.

Terry Fritzges left for the hurricane area yesterday, Monday, 9/12/05.
She went with a vet tech. They will meet up with volunteers from AVAR
(Association of Veterinarians for Animal Rights - http://www.avar.org).

NJ people have been so generous, both with monetary and material
donations. Donations FILLED my 2 car garage. Thank you! Terry was only
able to fit a small amount of these donations in her mini-van, but ALL
of the items will be transported to the animal victims of Katrina.

Jackie of www.bamasnatural.com (who donated a large amount of cat and
dog food, and who has donated food in the past) is arranging continual
caravans of rescuers and supplies. These rescuers will take the
remaining supplies in my garage to the Katrina zone.
***********
THIS IS WHAT WE STILL NEED:

1. If you can travel to the affected areas, to help rescue animals, and
can leave from NJ, contact Jackie: bamamail@verizonmail.com (be aware
that some of the e-mails to her are bouncing back, due to the high
volume of Katrina related e-mails; if you do not hear back from her,
call her at 908-757-7666); put "I WANT TO VOLUNTEER" in your subject
header

2. If you can foster or adopt animals rescued from Katrina, contact
Jackie at the above e-mail (put "I WANT TO ADOPT OR FOSTER" in your
subject header) or phone her.

3. If you can supply transport vehicles or have contacts in the trucking
industry, who will provide free or reduced-fee for transport of
supplies, contact Jackie, above.

4. Please continue to make monetary donations to New Jersey Animal
Rights Alliance. Thank you for the generous donations that have already
been made!

Donations of money are needed to buy supplies that are not donated
(including any large items, such as boats, that may be needed to rescue
animals). Part of the money collected will pay for transport and lodging
of the activists.

SEND DONATIONS TO:

New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance
PO Box 174
Englishtown NJ 07726

NOTE: Mark donations as "KATRINA RESCUE FUND"

If you wish to donate by Pay Pal, please click here:

http://www.nj-ara.org/donate.htm

5. Medicines, such as antibiotics, and some of the fluids, were sent
with Terry to the hurricane zone. Medicines that are likely to be needed
by the animals (and that do not need to be kept refrigerated), along
with more fluids, will be needed by Jackie's rescue crews. Please leave
them in my garage in North Plainfield (see address and directions,
below).

6. Jackie needs nylon leashes and collars (it has been reported that
dogs are running around loose). Drop them off at my garage in North
Plainfield (see address and directions, below).

** If you donate items, please e-mail me your contact info
(name/address/e-mail), so that I can thank you and so that I can add you
to the update e-mail list.

If you previously donated and did not leave this info, please e-mail
me. Put "MY CONTACT INFO RE: KATRINA" in your subject header.

MY ADDRESS:
Susan Gordon
111 Willow Ave.
North Plainfield, New Jersey 07060

mailto:veganvirago@comcast.net

North Plainfield is in Somerset County, but is one town away from Union
County. It is not far from Middlesex County.

I have a 2-car garage. USE ONLY THE LEFT GARAGE DOOR. The other door
does not work. I will leave it unlocked.

WHEN YOU LEAVE, DO NOT TURN THE HANDLE, ON THE OUTSIDE OR INSIDE OF THE
DOOR, AS THIS WILL LOCK THE DOOR, PREVENTING OTHERS FROM GETTING INTO
THE GARAGE.

When leaving, just pull the door down, without turning the handle. If
the door is locked, when you get there, leave the items in front of the
garage, in a place as unobservable from the street as possible.

STEER CLEAR OF THE POISON IVY ON THE FENCE TO THE LEFT OF THE GARAGE.

DIRECTIONS:

I live less than one mile off of Rt. 22 East. Rt. 22 is accessible from
the Garden State Parkway, the NJ Turnpike, Rt. 202/206, Rt. 287, Rt. 78,
and other major roads.

If you are traveling west on Rt. 22, take the jug-handle (from the right
lane) for West End Ave. It is past Blockbuster and right past Siperstein
Paints.

If you are traveling east, just make a right onto West End Ave. right
after Staples. Go through the light at Greenbrook Rd. Shortly after
that, a divider will form in the middle of the road. Make a left at the
3rd street (passing Rockview and Tappan Aves) onto Willow Ave.

I am the third house on the right. It is grey and there is an amber
light on above the front door.

As different items are needed, I will let you know. I will also send
updates on our rescue efforts, as I receive them.

Thank you for your continued help and your compassion.

Susan Gordon
Board Member
New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance

(-->>BeTTeR LiVinG Thru BetteR LiVING !!<<----)
PS: The ASPCA of NYC still KILL Dogs & Cats & are a Bunch of LYING
MONEY-GRUBBERS and their SHOW "Animal Precinct" is a con-job
extraordinaire. FEEL FREE To BOYCOTT The Sponsors on The Animal Planet
Cable Channel Until the 43 Wire-haired Terriers who have were released
to the public with active Cushings Disease are treated gratis as per NYS
& NYC Humane Law and LET ASPCA Know You Know About their Attempts at
Coverup: 212-876-7700!!!!

Especially if you have any spare Anipryl or Lysodren Or Nizoral for my
doggie to ease the symptoms, email me!

http://www.marianne41.250free.com/BLANKTAGS2/HEART110.gif

The Daring Dufas
2005-09-25 00:18:44 EST
*Because **NYC** Could Be BETTER!! wrote:
> a truck went out with a few volunteers, but money to pay for the
> rental truck and to send another and items listed below still needed,
> as a second truck for Katrina and Rita dogs and cats loose still
> needed.
>
> You can help financially by mail or Paypal.
> or by dropping off supplies.
>
> details listed in below message:
>
> ------------>>
>
> E-mail message
>
> Sender: njaraalert-bounces@lists.igc.org From:njara@nj-ara.org
> (New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance)

It just occurred to me that cats and dogs are good source of high
quality protein. Why anyone would go hungry in the hurricane
ravaged areas with all that food just wandering around puzzles me.

The Daring Dufas (I love animals, they're great with barbeque sauce)

Max Of Mad
2005-09-25 02:48:59 EST
*Because **NYC** Could Be BETTER!! wrote:
> a truck went out with a few volunteers, but money to pay for the rental
> truck and to send another and items listed below still needed, as a
> second truck for Katrina and Rita dogs and cats loose still needed.

<snip>

New York seems to have problems of its own. If you want to help, hop in
your car and drive down to louisiana. Volunteerism always works.

Joining the Democratic party might've helped about 3 or 4 years ago..
Too late now. If you love regular people and/or dogs'n cats, the best
you can do now is volunteer. They money goes to halliburton, but the
real work is up to volunteers. Trust me on this.

Max of Mad

ps.- My area couldda used your help after Ivan last year. We have a
wolf problem now. This past year, they had a steady food supply, and
they multiplied. Here kitty, kitty. Kitty went bye bye.

->Sticky<->Buds<-
2005-09-25 09:25:54 EST
THIS IS NO JOKE. HELP IS DESPERATELY NEEDED.
This is a heart wrenching, first hand account from a very brave
volunteer from a CT shelter that just came back from New Orleans:
September 19, 2005
Hi All,
I got home late last night from Louisiana. I'm still trying to process
everything I've seen and done, not to mention trying to get the stench
out of my clothes! We went to the LSU temporary shelter, which is well
run and organized. They really have their act together and it's a
great place to volunteer.
Next stop was the Lamar Dixon Expo Center(aka Gonzales), the large
"clearing house" facility. LASPCA, HSUS, ASPCA, and VMAT are in a power
struggle over who is in charge. It is total chaos. They don't have
anywhere near enough people to care for the 2000 animals (average) and
are turning away rescue groups bringing more animals in after sitting
in line for hours.
This place is HUGE, and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand
is doing. Dogs and cats sit for days waiting for vet care even if
illness is obvious. Many do not get out of their crates for 2+ days.
There is no leadership, no system, and the animals are suffering.
Vet care is obtained when they get the chance, and only after a request
is put in the "inbox", which happens to be a bucket. Volunteers are so
burnt out they are in tears. There are some very sick animals who are
put in makeshift "wards" in the barns. No bleach bucket outside for
shoes, and no where near any acceptable level of sanitation. "Triage"
doesn't happened regularly, not enough vets & vet techs.
The Parvo stalls are in the middle of everything ... people in & out of
them constantly, and going directly in stalls with "healthy" dogs. All
dogs & cats are kept in crates of all kinds. We got yelled at by VMAT
for moving a puppy into a wire crate instead of a veri-kennel after
being told to do so by HSUS. Don't know if it was because she was a
pit pup and therefore most likely not going to make it out of that
hellhole after all she'd been thru- she was air-vacced off the 610
bridge- or what.
There are huge buses, vans, RV's, tents everywhere, representives of
different states for each large group. Animal Planet had their bus
there, and PETA was driving in as we were leaving. That's all well &
good, but the "negotiations" for control is disgusting. Whoever gets
the government "grant" (aka "Contract") runs the show, and makes some
nice $$. There are pallets of food, water, crates, etc from Walmart,
Petco, Petsmart, and a bunch of others. They just don't have enough
people to clean & walk all these dogs, let alone feed, water, and med.
They DESPERATELY need more people to do the basic stuff.
We hooked up with Pasado Animal Rescue & did door to door searches for
animal survivors in New Orleans. It is mind-blowing how many pets are
still alive, though many are going down hill fast. Wednesday we did
water rescue in an area that was still flooded, and pulled over a dozen
dogs out of houses where they were trapped. We found animals alive in
homes that were boarded up & barricaded, having to break in using any
means necessary to get to them. The stench is unreal, and most homes
are booby-traps- furniture and appliances thrown everywhere by the
flood waters, the mold, sludge and god knows what makes walking in very
dangerous. You DO NOT want to fall and get that stuff on you.
The situation changes hour by hour, let alone day by day. They are
beginning to release animals to rescues at least from what I saw, at
least 50% of the dog population is Pitbull/Pit-mixes, approx 25%
Rotties & Chows, and the remaining 25% every breed you can imagine.
Some of the rescues are taking Pits & Rotties, though Lamar Dixon may
not be allowing them out, Pasado & LSU are.
I know there are other groups as well. Save A Dog is still there and
flying in volunteers. They are also doing door to door rescue in the
city now.
IF ANYONE CAN GO PLEASE GO! Hotels are not an option. If you go, plan
on sleeping in a tent (bring your own), or your vehicle. Personally, I
recommend the vehicle ... Fire Ants are everywhere, and from personal
experience, they will find you. I spent 2 nights sleeping in a horse
stall before they realized I was there (the ants), but once they did,
it was all over. Their bite is EXTREMELY painful and leaves blisters
that turn into something resembling a pimple. Nothing seems to kill
them. Showers are a luxury, if you can get one. Bring your own food &
water, medical supplies, Rubbing Alcohol, bleach, etc to decontaminate
yourself after handling the animals, who are still covered with dry
toxic sewage.
This effort will be going on for months, and people will be needed all
the way thru. Right now, the dogs & cats (and every other creature you
can imagine) are critical. Many are dehydrated and starving, and it is
a VERY ugly scene. I hope things will improve. If anyone goes now, be
prepared to separate your personal feelings from what needs to be done
just to get these animals some help. Hopefully it will improve over
the next few weeks/months, and someone will be in charge and get things
somewhat organized.
For those who can't turn off their feelings and just do the job as best
they can, don't go now. Wait until it gets better. If you have a
strong stomach, and can stay focused on just taking care of one at a
time, you are needed now.
Feral dog packs and cat colonies were well established in New Orleans
prior to the hurricane ... now they are feeding off each other, and
whatever they can find. It is truly horrible. The animal population
problem is beyond belief. Out of some 300 dogs Pasado Rescue pulled,
only TWO males were neutered, and I think ONE female. There are dogs
who were severely neglected prior to the hurricane, mange is very
prevalent, and god only knows what else. Most of the Pits have had
there ears cropped back to their heads ...."Home Jobs" done with
scissors or knives. The whole thing is just surreal. I did not dream at
all while I was down there, probably due to exhaustion - we were up at
6 am and lucky to get to bed by 3 or 4 am. The nightmares are starting
now, and I can't get the images out of my mind. I try to focus on the
ones we've saved, and pray they get into homes. Enough for now, this
is too long as it is, and I'm starting to cry again.
B.

Mimic
2005-09-25 10:27:23 EST

STFU already and get a clue. Even god hates you.

--
Mimic

"The man who awaits the rising of the sun, cannot wait forever."
"I have come to realise that, only in death, will I find true perfection."
[email: ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ==]
Help Stop Spam - www.hidemyemail.net

Mimic
2005-09-25 12:19:24 EST
->Sticky<->Buds<- wrote:
> THIS IS NO JOKE. HELP IS DESPERATELY NEEDED.

Oh it isnt? oh well then, that makes all the difference, I better go get
my wallet.

--
Mimic

"The man who awaits the rising of the sun, cannot wait forever."
"I have come to realise that, only in death, will I find true perfection."
[email: ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ==]
Help Stop Spam - www.hidemyemail.net

Rastapasta
2005-09-25 12:33:20 EST

"*Because **NYC** Could Be BETTER!!" <rosaphilia@webtv.net> wrote in message
a truck went out with a few volunteers, but money to pay for the rental
truck and to send another and items listed below still needed, as a
second truck for Katrina and Rita dogs and cats loose still needed.

You can help financially by mail or Paypal.
or by dropping off supplies.

details listed in below message:

------------>>
[cut]

Cars can run on dead cats now:
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/09/14/germany.catfuel.reut/

->Sticky<->Buds<-
2005-09-25 13:15:57 EST
Volunteers NOT money. Read the damn post.
++++++++++++++++
#Stick It Up Your Bud#

Mimic
2005-09-25 16:50:26 EST
->Sticky<->Buds<- wrote:
> Volunteers NOT money. Read the damn post.
> ++++++++++++++++
> #Stick It Up Your Bud#

oh sorry my bad, after the few lines about some scamming crossposting
fucknutt whore, I didnt bother reading on. If you want to try and scam
people, take to aol, dont be so stupid as to think we A: give a fuck, B:
actually believe you.

--
Mimic

"The man who awaits the rising of the sun, cannot wait forever."
"I have come to realise that, only in death, will I find true perfection."
[email: ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ==]
Help Stop Spam - www.hidemyemail.net

Hans Van Eynsbergen
2005-09-26 14:19:18 EST
On 25 Sep 2005 06:25:54 -0700, ->Sticky<->Buds<-, after pondering on
life, the Universe and everything, checking the Hitchhiker's guide to
the Galaxy we now know to be Usenet, decided to scribble :
> THIS IS NO JOKE. HELP IS DESPERATELY NEEDED.

Sorry Dude, but maintenance on my 3 Aston Martin's is already expensive
enough....

--
Hans van Eynsbergen

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack...
This knack lies in learning to throw yourself
at the ground and miss...
www.cotse.com