Vegetarian Discussion: WHAT'S WRONG WITH McDONALD'S?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH McDONALD'S?

Dr. Jai Maharaj
2005-09-19 05:10:57 EST
WHAT'S WRONG WITH McDONALD'S?

Forwarded message from Fidyl <fidyl@yahoo.com>

[ Subject: What's wrong with McDonald's?
[ From: Fidyl <fidyl@yahoo.com>
[ Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005

What's wrong with McDonald's?

Behind the smiling face of Ronald McDonald lies the reality -
McDonald's only interest is money, making profits from whoever and
whatever they can, demonstrating irresponsibility and lack of concern
for public health, human and animal rights, and the global
environment.

Chairman and CEO: Jim Skinner
Postal address: McDonald's Corporation, One McDonald's Plaza, Oak
Brook, IL 60521, USA.
Phone number: +1 (708) 575-3000
Fax number: not known
Website: http://www.mcdonalds.com
Email address: postmaster@mcd.com

Short history: McDonald's Corporation, founded in 1955, opened its
first restaurants outside of the USA in 1967.

In 1993, McDonald's and Texaco opened a restaurant, convenience store
and fueling facilities on a single site for the the busy consumer.

In 1996, McDonald's and Disney announced a deal giving McDonald's
exclusive rights to use characters from Disney films in its
promotions around the world for 10 years.

Activities: McDonald's now has over 30.000 stores in 119 countries.
The company claims it serves 47 million people a day and that a new
store opens somewhere in the world every seven hours.

Bush donor: From 2000 till now, McDonald's has given US$820,300 to
the Republican Party.

Promoting unhealthy food: McDonald's spend over two billion dollars
each year on advertising its junk food - high in fat, sugar and salt,
and low in fibre and vitamins. A diet of this type is linked with a
greater risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and other diseases.
Their food also contains many chemical additives, some of which may
cause ill-health, and hyperactivity in children.

Murdering animals: The menus of McDonald's are based on the torture
and murder of millions of animals. Most are intensively farmed, with
no access to fresh air and sunshine, and no freedom of movement.
Their deaths are barbaric. We have the choice to eat meat or not, but
the billions of animals massacred for food each year have no choice
at all.

Aggravating the world famine: McDonald's continually promote meat
products, encouraging people to eat meat more often, which wastes
more and more food resources. Vast areas of land in poor countries
are used for cash crops or for cattle ranching, or to grow grain to
feed animals to be eaten in the West. This is at the expense of local
food needs.

Damaging the environment: McDonald's use beef reared on ex-rainforest
land - vital for life- preventing its regeneration and forcing local
people to move on to other areas and cut down further trees. Every
year McDonald's use thousands of tons of unnecessary packaging, most
of which ends up littering our streets or polluting the land buried
in landfill sites.

Exploiting workers: McDonald's have always been opposed to Unions and
exploit its more than one million mostly young employees around the
world making them work harder and faster in poor safety conditions
and paying them with low wages to keep profits high and wage costs
low. Innovations to increase the workers' speed constantly are
installed. Computerised machinery regulates the pace of work at each
station to the precise second: each customer should be served within
180 seconds...

Source: http://www.motherearth.org/USboycott/cies-mcdo_en.php

End of forwarded message from Fidyl <fidyl@yahoo.com>

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

The terrorist mission of Jesus stated in the Christian bible:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not so send
peace, but a sword.
"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the
daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in
law.
"And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
- Matthew 10:34-36.

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

Rudy Canoza
2005-09-19 10:08:56 EST
not-a-doctor and phony Hindoo and LIAR Jay Stevens
MahaDung lied:

> WHAT'S WRONG WITH McDONALD'S?

No one cares what you think is wrong with it. If you
don't like their food, don't there. Keep your fucking
yap shut about wherever you do eat.

Nana Weedkiller
2005-09-19 10:18:21 EST

"Dr. Jai Maharaj" <usenet@mantra.com> wrote in message
> WHAT'S WRONG WITH McDONALD'S?

http://www.rmhc.org/rmhc/index/news/events/katrina.html

While the Ronald McDonald House of New Orleans has been
destroyed by high winds and the flood waters of Hurricane Katrina, Ronald
McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is grateful that the families staying at the
House were safely evacuated and that RMHC Chapters around the world are
coming together to provide a safe haven and assistance to the families of
pediatric patients impacted by the disaster. Help from RMHC extends to the
scores of families from across the Gulf Coast whose homes and hospitals are
gone and whose children need ongoing medical care.

Ronald McDonald House, support for RMHC of Greater New Orleans has been
swift: RMHC Taiwan granted US$100,000 and RMHC Brazil will divert 15 days of
donations (approximately US$60,000) from their RMHC Collection Canisters in
McDonald's restaurants to the New Orleans Chapter. In the U.S., numerous
RMHC Chapters and Ronald McDonald Houses are providing grants, RMHC
Collection Canister funds or proceeds from other fundraisers to the Chapter
in New Orleans. These include: RMHC of the Bluegrass (Lexington, KY), RMHC
of Phoenix (AZ), RMHC of the Central Valley (Madera, CA), RMHC of the Rio
Grande Valley (Harlingen, TX), RMHC of Western Washington (Seattle), RMHC of
Hawaii (Honolulu) and the Ronald McDonald Houses in Iowa City, Iowa and
Rochester, Minnesota.

begin 666 0.gif
K1TE&.#=A`0`!`/ ``/_______R'Y! $`````+ `````!``$`0 ("1 $`.P``
`
end

PAPPU
2005-09-19 19:55:10 EST
Witch doctor jai maharaj wants to control your eating habits just like
the mullas want to control the length of sania's skirt.

control freak religious nuts.

Harmony
2005-09-20 02:09:44 EST
it's time mcdonald guys come out with real health food meals.
aka balanced veggies meals.

> [...]
current
> e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number.
> o Posted for information and discussion. Views expressed by others
are
> not necessarily those of the poster who may or may not have read the
article.

> FAIR USE NOTICE: This article may contain copyrighted material the use of
> which may or may not have been specifically authorized by the copyright
> owner. This material is being made available in efforts to advance the
> understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic,
> democratic, scientific, social, and cultural, etc., issues. It is believed
> that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as
> provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with
Title
> 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
> profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the
included
> information for research, comment, discussion and educational purposes by
> subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more
information
> go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for purposes of
> your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
> copyright owner.
>
> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
> this post may be reposted several times.

Dr. Jai Maharaj
2005-09-20 02:16:19 EST
I posted the following 11 years ago:

[ Subject: *** Ronald McDonald Apologizes ***
[ From: Jai Maharaj
[ Date: Sun, 8 May 1994

A Sincere Apology by Former Ronald McDonald

"I was doing a safety show for kids, when I found a memo
that said, `The purpose of the Ronald McDonald Safety
Show is to increase the awareness of McDonald's goods,
services and products.' I thought to myself, `Wait a
minute pal, I thought the purpose was to help children.'
That was the end of it. I let it go. . . .

"I very sincerely would like to apologize to all HINDUISM
TODAY readers and to all of the vegetarian parents who
may be having a tougher time now making their children
understand the necessity and the urgency of a nonviolent,
vegetarian diet because of some of my actions. . . .

"Overall, I'm sorry that I did it and now I have to make
amends by speaking out against what I did. . . .

"My wish for all the meat-eaters is that they will grow
to understand that they can live healthier, happier,
holier lives by not participating in the senseless
slaughter of innocent animals and that they're giving up
a whole world world of wonderful food for something which
is dead and can only fill them with sorrow and disease
ultimately."

- Geoffrey Giuliano, former Ronald McDonald

Excerpts from HINDUISM TODAY, March 1991

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

In article <UBNXe.26580$tT.20620@okepread02>,
"harmony" <aka@hotmail.com> posted:
> [...]
> > provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with
> Title
> > 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
> > profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the
> included
> > information for research, comment, discussion and educational purposes by
> > subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more
> information
> > go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
> > If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for purposes of
> > your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
> > copyright owner.
> >
> > Since newsgroup posts are being removed
> > by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
> > this post may be reposted several times.

2005-09-20 02:35:32 EST
harmony wrote:
> it's time mcdonald guys come out with real health food meals.
> aka balanced veggies meals.

Fuck off, you whiny cunt. Just don't eat there if you
don't like the food they offer.

LISTEN, you arrogant cunt: you do not have a right to
have what you want all the time. If you want a
particular type of meal, and someone is willing to sell
it to you, then you're in luck, and good for you. If
not, then TOO FUCKING BAD. That's just the way it goes.

McDonald's should not do ONE FUCKING THING differently
from what they're currently doing. They have a
clientele who like the food, and that's all they should
concern themselves with. If they tried to satisfy you,
they'd drive away 1,000 other customers. They're not
stupid.

Stop being such a fucking crybaby.

Rudy Canoza
2005-09-20 02:36:37 EST
not-a-doctor and LIAR Jay Stevens lied:

> I posted the following 11 years ago:

It was shit then, and it's only gotten worse.

You're a gutless twat, Jay.