Vegetarian Discussion: TERRORIST "PHILOSOPHY"

TERRORIST "PHILOSOPHY"

D*@.
[...]
« This manuscript explains the philosophy of a group of individuals
throughout the world who call themselves, ‘Liberators’. They believe
in a revolution to liberate animals and, if necessary, to kill their
oppressors. They say such extreme action is needed to stop the horrible
human caused suffering of animals and the destruction of the world.
They believe that nothing short of a total overthrow of this system
will free our brothers and sisters. Please see that this 'Declaration
of War’ is published for the world to read and understand.
Signed - Screaming Wolf »
[...]
http://tinyurl.com/b7ctr
[...]
The Animal Liberation Front (ALF), which advocates illegal, nonviolent
activism, was responsible for dozens of attacks in North America last
year. It took credit for $750,000 in damage to offices and equipment at
the University of Minnesota, where researchers study Alzheimer's disease
and work on a vaccine against brain cancer. Other targets were the
University of California at San Francisco, where many data, including
work aimed at developing alternatives to animal research, were lost,
and Western Washington University, where three dozen research rats and
rabbits were stolen. ALF proudly stated that it destroyed one
scientist's lifetime of work there.
[...]
http://www.sciam.com/2000/0200issue/0200techbus1.html
I believe that this decade will see the first acts of true violence. Some
may be accidental - like a bystander killed in a bomb blast; some will be
deliberate - like a vivesector shot in the street. The violence will
confuse and divide us, but it will be a temporary adjustment and then we
will learn to live with it.
-Victoria Miller, ARKI: Canadian Animal Rights Network, and former
President, Toronto Humane Society
(_Animals_Agenda_)

http://fins.actwin.com/nanf/month.200004/msg00047.html
[...]
In a war that is fought on on all fronts, as
thousands of actions occur every year
around the world there is bound to be
prisoners. Prisoner support is essential and
important aspect of our movement.
[...]
http://www.animalliberation.net/people/
All jailed political prisoners need our help through phone
calls ,letter writing, and faxes. We all must send prisoners
letters and information of different events to keep their
resolve strong (it get's lonely in jail!). Please, if you are not
a regular letter writer, make sure to send these activists mail
every once in a while. They will surely appreciate it.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/veganresist/pow.html
"Every social justice movement has embraced violence and every
successful social justice movement has utilized violent tactics to
achieve their goals. I don?t think it is possible without that. I think
we have to quit waiting until everyone is behind us before we embrace
new tactics." ? Jerry Vlasak, Animal Defense League

http://www.amprogress.org/ResearchOpposition/ResearchOpposition.cfm?ID=338&c=18
DAN MATHEWS, Celebrity Recruiter for PeTA

"We're at war, and we'll do what we need to win."
(USA Today, September 3, 1991)

INGRID NEWKIRK, FOUNDER, PEOPLE FOR THE ETHICAL TREATMENT
OF ANIMALS (PETA)

"I wish we all would get up and go into the labs and take the animals
out or burn them down."
( National Animal Rights Convention '97, June 27, 1997)

"Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we'd be against
it."
(Vogue, September, 1989)

"I know it's illegal [trespassing], but I don't think it's wrong."
(Montgomery County, MD, Journal Feb. 16, 1988)

ALEX PACHECO, CHAIRMAN, PEOPLE FOR THE ETHICAL TREATMENT
OF ANIMALS (PETA)

"Arson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable
crimes' when used for the animal cause."
(Gazette Mail, Charleston, WV, January 15, 1989)

Intersting PeTA facts

When ALF member Roger Troen was convicted of burglary and arson at
the University of Oregon, in which $36,000 in damage was inflicted,
PeTA paid Troen's $27.000 legal fees and his $34,900 fine. Gary
Thorud testified under oath that "we were illegally funding this
individual with money solicited for other causes, and Ingrid was
using that money, bragging to the staff that she had spent $25,000
on the case."
Deposition of Gary Thorud, Berosini v. PeTA, at 49-50.

Rodney Coronado, a member of the Animal Liberation Front, pleaded
guilty and was sentenced to 57 months in prison for the destruction
of an animal diagnostics research lab at the University of California,
Davis in April, 1987 (total damage estimates: $4.5 million). PETA sent
$ 45,200 to Coronado's 'support committee,' which was a sum 15 times
greater than what PETA spent on animal shelters nationwide in all of
that year.

http://altpet.net/petition/arquote.html
PETA's sympathies for ELF actions were apparent in a recent speech by
PETA Vice President Bruce Friedrich.

"I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses,
these laboratories and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow," he said.

PETA payouts to radicals willing to carry out such crimes include:

-- $5,000 to Josh Harper, who was convicted of assaulting police and firing on
a fishing vessel;

-- $2,000 to Dave Wilson, convicted of firebombing a fur cooperative;

-- $7,500 to Fran Trutt, convicted of attempted murder of a medical executive

http://www.cdfe.org/peta_fox.htm

Dr. Jai Maharaj
2005-09-18 19:33:54 EST
Facts about terrorist Islam and Muslims:

http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

The terrorist mission of Jesus stated in the Christian bible:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not so send
peace, but a sword.
"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the
daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in
law.
"And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
- Matthew 10:34-36.

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

Pearl
2005-09-18 19:50:23 EST
"Dr. Jai Maharaj" <usenet@mantra.com> wrote in message news:LAUBE9267AjIDI@XnaAf...

> The terrorist mission of Jesus stated in the Christian bible:
>
> "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not so send
> peace, but a sword.
> "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the
> daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in
> law.
> "And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
> - Matthew 10:34-36.

Quite different to this;

14. Verily I am come to send peace upon earth, but when
I speak, behold a sword followeth. I am come to unite, but,
behold, a man shall be at variance with his father, and the
daughter with her mother, and the daughter-in-law with her
mother-in-law. And a man\ufffds foes shall be they of his own
household. For the unjust cannot mate with them that are just.
http://reluctant-messenger.com/essene/gospel_2.htm#Lection170

Dr. Jai Maharaj
2005-09-18 21:15:38 EST
THE RELIGION OF LOVE AND COMPASSION

The religion of Love and Compassion

[ From: ivaidya2000
[ Date: 16.09.05

The barbarism indulged in Goa in terms of genocide and
pogram on Hindus -- by Catholic Church of Portugal for
more than two centuries needs huge reparation cost from
them and the Church in Vatican.

I think some committee/group should be formed immediately
[with members from Goa] consisting of legal experts and
others to work on apology by Vatican and compensation of
say 100 Billion USD --

The Church should be made bankrupt -- Just like the
Boston Diocese became insolvent is paying for Paedophile
cases --

I think any Goan origin citizen in the USA can also take
up this issue.

RV

http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/sep/14inter1.htm

- -
RV

The Rediff Interview - Novelist Richard Zimer

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Richard Zimler's novel, Guardian of the Dawn, documents
the little-known Portuguese Inquisition in India, in 16th
century Goa. He points out that, apart from their laws
and religion, the Portuguese also imported and enforced
their infamous methods of interrogation to subdue
troublemakers.

Zimler has won numerous awards for his work, including a
1994 US National Endowment of the Arts Fellowship in
Fiction and 1998 Herodotus Award for best historical
novel. The Last Kabbalist of Lisbon was picked as 1998
Book of the Year by British critics, while Hunting
Midnight has been nominated for the 2005 IMPAC Literary
Award. Together with Guardian of the Dawn, these novels
comprise the 'Sephardic Cycle' -- a group of interrelated
but independent novels about different branches of a
Portuguese Jewish family.

Intrigued by his novel, as well as his reasons for
writing it, Senior Features Editor Lindsay Pereira
decided to ask him a few questions.

You were born in New York and went on to study
comparative religion. Why the decision to write about the
Portuguese inquisition in Goa -- a whole other world?

About 15 years ago, while doing research for my first
novel, The Last Kabbalist of Lisbon, I discovered that
the Portuguese exported the Inquisition to Goa in the
sixteenth century, and that many Indian Hindus were
tortured and burnt at the stake for continuing to
practice their religion. Muslim Indians were generally
murdered right away or made to flee Goan territory.

I couldn't use that information for my novel but decided,
a few years later, to do more research into that time of
fundamentalist religious persecution. I discovered that
historians consider the Goa Inquisition the most
merciless and cruel ever developed. It was a machinery of
death. A large number of Hindus were first converted and
then persecuted from 1560 all the way to 1812!

Over that period of 252 years, any man, woman, or child
living in Goa could be arrested and tortured for simply
whispering a prayer or keeping a small idol at home. Many
Hindus -- and some former Jews, as well -- languished in
special Inquisitional prisons, some for four, five, or
six years at a time.

I was horrified to learn about this, of course. And I was
shocked that my friends in Portugal knew nothing about
it. The Portuguese tend to think of Goa as the glorious
capital of the spice trade, and they believe --
erroneously -- that people of different ethnic
backgrounds lived there in tolerance and tranquillity.
They know nothing about the terror that the Portuguese
brought to India. They know nothing of how their
fundamentalist religious leaders made so many suffer.

What were you trying to do with this cycle of novels? Did
you set out, initially, to merely inform your audience
about that period in history?

I always set out first to tell a good, captivating story.
No reader is interested in a bland historical text.
People want to enjoy a novel -- and find beauty, mystery,
cruelty, love, tenderness and poetry inside it.

Within that story, I do try to recreate the world as it
once was.

In the case of Guardian of the Dawn, I want readers to
feel as if they are living in Goa at that time. I want
them to see the cobblestone streets of the city and the
masts of ships in the harbour, to smell the coconut oil
and spices in the air, to hear calls of flower-sellers in
the marketplace. I want them to feel the cold shadow of
the Inquisitional palace falling over their lives.

In my cycle of novels, I have written about different
branches and generations of the Zarco family, a single
Portuguese-Jewish family. These novels are not sequels;
they can be read in any order. But I've tried to create a
parallel universe in which readers can find subtle
connections between the different books and between the
different generations.

To me, this is very realistic because we all know, for
instance, that there are subtle connections between what
our great-grandparents did and what we are doing.

The research involved in Guardian of the Dawn is
obviously immense. Could you tell me a little about the
kind of preparatory work you had to put in?

To write the book, I tried to read everything I could
about daily life on the west coast of India -- more
specifically, in and around Goa -- at the end of the
sixteenth century. The Internet has made that sort of
research much easier than it used to be, and I was able
to order books about everything from traditional medical
practices -- including recipes for specific ailments --
to animals and plants indigenous to that region.

When I write a novel, I want to get all the details
right, so this is very important. Of course, it was also
vital for me to know as much as I could about Hinduism
and Catholicism. As you mentioned, I studied Comparative
Religion at university, so this was pretty easy. One of
the main characters in the novel is a Jain, which is a
religion I have always been curious about, so I read
three or four books about Jainism as well. It was
wonderful to be able to learn a bit about Jain belief and
practice. Writing is always a great opportunity for me to
keep learning.

Tiago Zarco is a character you manage to strongly
empathise with. Where did he come from? Was there factual
data on someone he was actually based upon?

Yes, he's someone I really like -- and for whom I feel a
strong empathy. He's a good man who is changed by his
suffering and who decides to take revenge on the people
who have hurt him and his family. But I did not base him
on a real person. I think, in a way, he was born of my
previous two novels, because I tried to make him someone
who could fit into the Zarco family and yet be fully
developed as an individual. With Tiago, I tried to ask
the question -- how far can we bend our own moral code to
fight evil?

In other words, can we use deception and even violence to
try to destroy a cruel system of fundamentalist religious
fervour like the Inquisition?

Re-examining the Inquisition seems apt, more so at a time
like this when religious fanaticism is changing the world
in ways unknown to us. What do you, as an author, believe
we ought to take away from a study of it?

I couldn't agree with you more, and that is one of the
reasons I wrote Guardian of the Dawn. Put simply, I think
we all need to be alert to the intolerance in our
societies and in ourselves. We ought to maintain
government and religion completely separate -- such a
separation is the only guarantee we have of freedom of
expression. We ought to learn from the ancient Asian
tradition, which is to respect the religious beliefs of
others and not impose our own Gods on them. Did you visit
Goa at any point? If not, what did you base your
descriptions of the state upon?

No, I decided not to go to Goa, because I didn't want any
images from modern Goa to infiltrate into the novel. I
didn't want to risk inadvertently putting something from
today into it. So I based my descriptions on other areas
of the world I've visited that have similar flora and
fauna -- Thailand, for instance. Also, I read all I could
about the city so that my descriptions of the buildings,
for instance, would be accurate. I then used my
imagination, which is the most important thing for a
writer. I now have a landscape in my head that is Goa --
and the surrounding region -- in 1600. I don't know how
it developed. It's almost magical.

Portugal, today, is still a country deeply steeped in a
Catholic tradition. Do you think people are aware of the
Inquisition and what it meant back then? Would they look
at this as a re-opening of old wounds?

No, few people here know anything about the Inquisition.
Many of them would rather not examine what their
ancestors did, both in Portugal and its colonies. But
others are very curious about what they didn't learn in
school about their own history. Yes, in a sense I am
opening old wounds. But I think it's important to do
that. I think that we need to face the bad things we do -
- both individually and as a society. In general, the
Portuguese have been very receptive to my books.

Guardian of the Dawn has been a Number One bestseller
here, for instance. A great many readers tell me I have
opened a door to a part of their history they know
nothing about. I'm proud of that. And I'm proud of having
made it possible for Indians and Jews who were persecuted
and imprisoned to 'speak' to modern readers through this
novel. I think that's important because I don't want
their suffering -- and their heroism -- to be forgotten.

As an author -- more specifically, an author devoted to
history -- you have a unique perspective on the past. As
a journalist, how important is examining the past to you?

As a journalist, it's important, because I think we can
change the world by exposing past injustices. By writing
about atrocities, we can change policy and avoid future
wars. We can get war criminals punished. We can help
people win fundamental human rights. Unfortunately, so
much journalism is superficial and stupid that there is
little room left for important articles.

Do you plan, in future, to base your work on other
periods, or religious themes? Or do you plan to break
away from the genre of historical fiction?

I have written a new novel that has just come out in
England called The Search for Sana, which is about two
women -- one Palestinian, one Israeli -- who grew up in
Haifa together in the 1950s. It's about how their
friendship is destroyed by political events that lead to
tragedy for one of them. I am now working on a novel set
in Berlin in the 1930s, in which one of the main characters
will be a member of the Zarco family. So this will bring
the cycle up to the 20th century. Where I will go from there
is anyone's guess.

http://www.hinduvoice.net/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi?flavor=archive&id=20050918074915&list=NL

Visit:
http://www.hinduvoice.net
http://www.vandemataram.com

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

The terrorist mission of Jesus stated in the Christian bible:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not so send
peace, but a sword.
"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the
daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in
law.
"And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
- Matthew 10:34-36.

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

Rick
2005-09-18 21:25:25 EST

> THE RELIGION OF LOVE AND COMPASSION
is not Hindu....

Why the continued killing of buddists and catholics by hindus,
jay-boy?

snip spew...

Dr. Jai Maharaj
2005-09-18 21:45:58 EST
CHRISTIANS DESTROYED HINDU TEMPLES

In article <6trmqu$rg...@winter.news.erols.com> ,
i*.@hotmail.com wrote:

> [...]
> thousands of family fled across the river. To them, the harshness of the
> Moghuls still governing the adjacent territories must have been preferable
> to the rabid monomania of papist clerics.
>
> A saying still exist in Konkani, the language of Goa:
>
> "Hanv polthandi vaitam" ( I'm leaving for the other bank ), one half
> of its double meaning implying to this day that a person is rejecting
> Christianity.
>
> Although their temples had been razed.
>
> The Hindus who remained continued to practice their religion in secret.
> More extreme methods were therefore instituted to bring the heathen into
> the church's loving embrace. Hindu festivities were forbidden; Hindu
> priests were forbidden from entering Goa; makers of idols were severely
> punished; public jobs were given only to Christians.
>
> Soon it was announced that anyone practicising in private was declared a
> crime. The penalty was confiscation of property. Also Hindus, dying
> without a male heir could pass thier estates only to relative who had
> embraced Christianity.
>
> Death was no easier than life for Hindus in mid-sixteenth-century Goa.
> To them, the cruelest piece of legislation passed by the Portugese
> prohibited cremation of the dead - an inviolably sacred part of Hindu
> faith. As a result, death had to be kept a secret; the wailing grief of
> the women had to be smothered; family members had to go about their
> business as if nothing had happened; children were sent out to play,
> washing was done, work was performed - all as usual.
>
> In the dead of the night, a boat would be loaded with firewood down
> on the riverbank, then the dead body would be placed on it, covered by
> more wood.
>
> The pyre would be set alight and the boat pushed out to drift on the
> river's currents as the funeral party ran back into the safety of
> shadows.
>
> The missionaries simply could not grasp that another people's faith
> could be as dearly cherished as deeply embedded as their own.
>
> The missionaries obviously had no idea how resilient Hinduism could
> be, and indeed is. It had survived Islam's scimtar, and it would
> survive the sword that so much resembled the cross in whose service
> it was now employed.
>
> Total of 200 temples had been demolished.
>
> * * *
>
> Says Andre Corsalli to Giuliano de Medici Jan 6, 1516
>
> " In a small island near this, called Divari, the Portuguese,
> in order to build the city, have destroyed an ancient temple ...
> which was built with marvelous art and with ancient figures wrought
> to the greatest perfection, in a certain black stone, some of which
> remain standing, ruined and shattered , because these Portuguese care
> nothing about them. If I can come by one of these shattered images,
> I will send it to your Lordship, that you may perceive how much in
> old times sculpture was esteemed in every part of the world."

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

Dr. Homilete
2005-09-19 00:23:42 EST
Johnny Judas Jay "the jackass jyotishithead" Maharaj wrote:

> CHRISTIANS DESTROYED HINDU TEMPLES

HINDU NATIONALISTS DESTROY CHRISTIAN CHURCHES IN `SECULAR' INDIA
[ Congressional Record, Page: E57 ]

HON. EDOLPHUS TOWNS

In the US House of Representatives

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6, 1999

Mr. TOWNS. Mr. Speaker, I was disturbed by recent reports that several
Christian churches, prayer halls, and religious missions have recently
been destroyed by Hindu extremists affiliated with the Vishwa Hindu
Parishad (VHP), a militant Hindu organization. The Bharatiya Janata
Party (BJP), the party that leads the governing coalition, is also part
of the VHP.

The violence forced many Christian congregations to cancel New Year's
celebrations for fear of offending the Hindu militants, which could lead
to further violence. Is this the secularism that India boasts about?
Clearly, there is no religious freedom for these Christians in India .

More at http://www.dalitstan.org/journal/rights/106/311298.html

Rick
2005-09-19 00:32:07 EST

> CHRISTIANS DESTROYED HINDU TEMPLES

ROTFLMAO You post crap from several hundred years ago. I'm
talking about NOW, fool.
Why do you support Hindu violence NOW, jay-boy?

Dr. Homilete
2005-09-19 00:53:31 EST
LORD RAMA, THE GREAT UPHOLDER OF DHARMA, SLAYS AN INNOCENT SUDRA

Lord Rama, the sat-purusa (ideal man) & the great upholder of dharma,
upholds the dharma of slaughtering an innocent Sudra only because he was
performing asceticism (tapas). Low-castes like Sudras were not allowed
to perform austerities or penances as Brahmins were, because the whole
universe could go out of balance when caste divisions are not adhered
to. Therefore, Sambuka, only because he was born as a Sudra and was
performing the svadharma (caste duty) of a higher caste than his own,
was slain by Rama as a sacrifice:

"Thereupon approaching him, Rama said, 'O you of good vows, blessed are
you; I do ask you, now, O highly effulgent and grown old in asceticism,
in what Varna (caste) are you born? I put this question out of
curiosity. I am the son of king Dasaratha and my name is Rama. For what
are you going through such hard austerities? Is it heaven or anything
else that you pray for? O ascetic, I wish to hear, of the purpose for
which you are performing such hard penances. Are you a Brahman, or an
irrepressible Ksatriya or the third caste Vaisya or a Sudra? Speak the
truth and you shall be crowned with auspiciousness.' Hearing the words
of Rama, the ascetic, whose face was downwards, gave out his degraded
birth and communicated unto him for what he was performing ascetic
observances. Hearing the words of Rama of unwearied actions, the
ascetic, with his face downwards, said, 'O highly illustrious Rama, I am
born in the race of Sudras; and with a view to reach the region of the
celestials with my body I am going through these austere penances. O
Kakutstha (Rama), I shall never utter a falsehood since I am willing to
conquer the region of gods. I am a Sudra and my name is Sambuka.' The
Sudra ascetic having said this, Rama took out of scabbard a beautiful
sharp sword and chopped off his head therewith. And that Sudra being
slain, Indra, Agni and other celestials praised him again and again and
showered flowers." -- Ramayana 7:88-89.

Dr. Jai Maharaj
2005-09-19 04:33:36 EST
CHRISTIANS SMASH HINDU TEMPLE IDOLS

Xtians smash Hindu temple idols in Tamil Nadu
(www.newstodaynet.com )

http://www.newstodaynet.com/03jul/ld6.htm

Idol found smashed in suburb temple

NT Bureau
Chennai, July 3, 2004

The sleepy suburb of Pallavaram, especially around
Periamalai area, today woke up to tension and tumult as a
temple idol was found smashed to smithereens by
unidentified miscreants. A trident and a previously
mutilated peacock statue in the temple were also found
broken.

This morning the authorities of the local Balamurugan
temple found the Dakshayini Amman (Devi)idol destroyed
(presumably with a sledgehammer), with the pieces strewn
all around the place. The Amman's sari was torn and found
spread over a nearby thorny bush.

The temple's main trustee, Raghupathy, who has been
looking after the temple affairs for the last several
years, immediately alerted the police and filed a formal
complaint. The police, who arrived at the scene, have
taken the broken pieces for further investigation.

Though officials were tight-lipped on who could have
committed this shameful act, the locals were more vocal.

Many residents of the area were openly pointing fingers
at a Christian group that was 'notoriously active' in the
area. The names of a local Panchayat leader and a Pastor
were openly bandied about by the residents.

The Periamalai area was already sitting on a communal
powder keg due to the confrontational and provocative
attitude of a Pentecost group that specifically targeted
the local Balamurugan temple. The group, which used to be
very active on full-moon nights (yesterday was one), has
a history of creating trouble for those coming to worship
at the temple.

The residents had made several complaints that the cult
group had chosen the place to carry out their brazen
expansion activities 12 churches have come up in the last
few years within the small circumference of Pallavaram.

The religious group also used to gather up at Periamalai
(a small hillock) regularly and shout out taunting
remarks at Hindus and openly deride Hindu Gods.

(Remarks by G.C.Asnani : Christian Missionaries have been
aggressive throughout their history; they spread hatred
and war against non-Christians in the name of Christ as
the symbol of Peace. What a contradiction and hypocrisy?
They are mistaken to think that under the leadership of
Mrs. Sonia Gandhi, they can be more aggressive; they are
mistaken. If they follow these aggressive policies, they
will bring the downfall of Mrs. Sonia Gandhi. It is
advisable for Mrs. Sonia Gandhi to dissuade her
supporters from creating an impression that they have the
support of Mrs. Sonia Gandhi in these aggressive and
destructive activities)

Article:

[ Subject: Xtians smash Hindu temple idols
[ From: "G.Subramaniam" <gsubrec@comcast.net>
[ Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004

Chennai, July 3, 2004

[...]

Locals say the Christians brought in women, who were
purportedly Hindus, and then asked them to throw their
mettis and thalis into a fire.

After the locals took up the issue with the police, a
check-post on the entry road to the hillock was put up a
few years back to prevent any meeting in the night. But
some time later, the check-post was damaged by some
miscreants and the night show of evangelism continued.

However, the locals applied pressure with the authorities
and got another check-post in the area. Long-time
residents of the locality also got a Court order some
time back restraining the Christians from 'encroaching'
into the land belonging to the Murugan temple.

After last night's act of vandalism by some bigoted
minds, security has been put up at the temple.

The tension in the area is palpable and looks like the
residents of the sleepy suburb are set for some sleepless
nights.

UNGODLY ACT: The pedestal of the Dakshayini Amman at the
Balamurugan temple in Pallavaram tells the tale of
vandal's act. The idol was smashed to bits using a
sledgehammer and the remnants were strewn all around.

http://www.newstodaynet.com/03jul/ld6.htm

http://www.hinduvoice.net/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi?flavor=archive&id=20040706151658&list=NL

Visit:
http://www.hinduvoice.net