Vegetarian Discussion: How Many Ways Has Skanky Offended Hosts?

How Many Ways Has Skanky Offended Hosts?

Usual Suspect
2005-08-31 09:40:21 EST
Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss
one facet of this dialogue a little deeper.

> You snipped away my
> real concern
> about the other
> possibilities.

What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
hosts?

From some of your posts over the last few days:

If it's a stranger,
like a neighbourhood welcome
group to new neighbours, then you
can't be scared to say you are
veg*n.
-- Skanky

I have no trouble
saying to people "You might want
to think twice about inviting me.
I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
-- Skanky

They don't mind
talking about it either, so if they are
having a dinner where the only
vegan item is side of green peas,
one can eat before the get-together
or bring something.
-- Skanky

Other times they
don't get offended if you bring your
own, like veg patties to a bbq.
-- Skanky

It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
"possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

C. James Strutz
2005-08-31 10:12:23 EST

"usual suspect" <support@our.troops> wrote in message
> Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
> exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss one
> facet of this dialogue a little deeper.
>
> > You snipped away my
> > real concern
> > about the other
> > possibilities.
>
> What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
> hosts?
>
> From some of your posts over the last few days:
>
> If it's a stranger,
> like a neighbourhood welcome
> group to new neighbours, then you
> can't be scared to say you are
> veg*n.
> -- Skanky
>
> I have no trouble
> saying to people "You might want
> to think twice about inviting me.
> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
> -- Skanky
>
> They don't mind
> talking about it either, so if they are
> having a dinner where the only
> vegan item is side of green peas,
> one can eat before the get-together
> or bring something.
> -- Skanky
>
> Other times they
> don't get offended if you bring your
> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
> -- Skanky
>
> It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
> "possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
> many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
> your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
> be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

She describes typical experiences that most vegetarians face in a
carnivorous world. I've experienced it and I'm sure you have too. The key is
to be gracious in either bringing your own food (with permission) or
selectively accepting the food being offered. I don't have a problem with
eating a little something beforehand either. If somebody notices that you
are picking then kindly explain that you are vegetarian. Usually no problem.

On the other hand, you have been asked how "gracious" you would be if
somebody threw a slab of steak on your plate and you have not yet replied.
Somehow I doubt that you would be as gracious as you like to think you are,
particularly with your personality disorder. I also find it quite ironic
that you accuse somebody else of being an "OFFENSIVE asshole".

Scented Nectar
2005-08-31 12:09:58 EST
"usual suspect" <support@our.troops> wrote in message
> Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
> exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss
> one facet of this dialogue a little deeper.
>
> > You snipped away my
> > real concern
> > about the other
> > possibilities.
>
> What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
> hosts?
>
> From some of your posts over the last few days:
>
> If it's a stranger,
> like a neighbourhood welcome
> group to new neighbours, then you
> can't be scared to say you are
> veg*n.
> -- Skanky

Nothing wrong with that when
told you'll be offered meatloaves
etc.

> I have no trouble
> saying to people "You might want
> to think twice about inviting me.
> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
> -- Skanky

I've had great success with this.
No offending at all. There has
always turned out to be something
I could eat. Once a friend's dad
made it into a big adventure
where everyone tried veggie
burgers for the first time. It went
over quite well.

> They don't mind
> talking about it either, so if they are
> having a dinner where the only
> vegan item is side of green peas,
> one can eat before the get-together
> or bring something.
> -- Skanky

True friends let you know. If
the meal is too meat based
there is also the option of
showing up to the party just
in time for desert and hanging
out.

> Other times they
> don't get offended if you bring your
> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
> -- Skanky

I've never offended anyone by
doing this. Then again, maybe
Toronto is just a little more
laid back and accepting of
other's differences than a
hard to the right state like
Texas is.

> It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
> "possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
> many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
> your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
> be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

I have the skill/ability/luck of not
offending those whose meat I
have turned down. In fact I only
have ever offended one person
that way and he turned out to be
quite easily offended by anything.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Usual Suspect
2005-08-31 12:23:11 EST
Candy-ass James Strutz wrote:
>>Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
>>exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss one
>>facet of this dialogue a little deeper.
>>

>>>You snipped away my
>>>real concern
>>>about the other
>>>possibilities.
>>
>>What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
>>hosts?
>>
>>From some of your posts over the last few days:
>>
>> If it's a stranger,
>> like a neighbourhood welcome
>> group to new neighbours, then you
>> can't be scared to say you are
>> veg*n.
>> -- Skanky
>>
>> I have no trouble
>> saying to people "You might want
>> to think twice about inviting me.
>> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
>> -- Skanky
>>
>> They don't mind
>> talking about it either, so if they are
>> having a dinner where the only
>> vegan item is side of green peas,
>> one can eat before the get-together
>> or bring something.
>> -- Skanky
>>
>> Other times they
>> don't get offended if you bring your
>> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
>> -- Skanky
>>
>>It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
>>"possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
>>many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
>>your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
>>be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.
>
> She describes typical experiences

*Atypical* experiences. NORMAL people don't eat before going to parties.
NORMAL people don't give lectures or diatribes against what's served at
parties. NORMAL people don't bring their OWN food to parties. NORMAL
people will gratefully eat what's graciously offered.

Thanks for admitting that you are, like Skanky is, abnormal.

> carnivorous world.

Omnivorous. I've yet to attend a party that was strictly meat.

> On the other hand, you have been asked

And I've already responded by saying I'd much rather put aside my
preferences for ONE meal than to offend someone.

> Somehow I doubt that you would be as gracious as you like to think you are,

For example:

Any food offered with love and in the spirit of gratitude is
holy. To deny it is to profane all that is good, blessed, and
right....

I'm sure you can discuss well beforehand your insecurities and
peculiar food obsessions with the person in whose home you will
be guest. Perhaps that person will sanctify a fake turkey -- a
mockery to God -- to satisfy your eating disorder. What better
way, though, than to show others that one can be a cheerful
participant of the rest of the thanksgiving feast without eating
the bird....

What's wrong with compromise on one bloody day of the entire
year? Surely love of God and family outweighs the specious issue
of veganism the entire year.
yours truly: http://tinyurl.com/8sacw

> particularly with your personality disorder.

I have none. Has Wendy given up her futile attempt to diagnose yours
yet, or has she resigned herself to the fact that you're just a
miserable bony asshole who's no fun for a lady to be around?

Usual Suspect
2005-08-31 13:16:07 EST
Scented Asshole wrote:
>>Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
>>exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss
>>one facet of this dialogue a little deeper.
>>
>> > You snipped away my
>> > real concern
>> > about the other
>> > possibilities.
>>
>>What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
>>hosts?
>>
>> From some of your posts over the last few days:
>>
>> If it's a stranger,
>> like a neighbourhood welcome
>> group to new neighbours, then you
>> can't be scared to say you are
>> veg*n.
>> -- Skanky
>
> Nothing wrong with that

I know WHY you do it: so you can be a smarmy, sanctimonious bitch.

>> I have no trouble
>> saying to people "You might want
>> to think twice about inviting me.
>> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
>> -- Skanky
>
> I've had great success with this.

You're unbelievably narcissistic if you think that it's a success to
have the WHOLE PARTY have to adapt to your fucking eating disorder.

>> They don't mind
>> talking about it either, so if they are
>> having a dinner where the only
>> vegan item is side of green peas,
>> one can eat before the get-together
>> or bring something.
>> -- Skanky
>
> True friends let you know.

True friends needn't ask ahead of time so they can decide if they'll eat
before the party or bring their own food.

> If the meal is too meat based

You shouldn't be asked to attend.

> there is also the option of
> showing up to the party just
> in time for desert and hanging
> out.

Dessert. A desert is a barren place, like inside your head. I'd be
insulted if my guests only showed up at the end of the party like you
do. Your friends show a lot more class and tact than you do by not
telling you what a disrespectful asshole you are.

>> Other times they
>> don't get offended if you bring your
>> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
>> -- Skanky
>
> I've never offended anyone

Liar. You clearly have.

> by doing this.

You don't have eyes in the back of your head, else you'd be able to see
how others respond to your loony antics.

> Then again, maybe
> Toronto is just a little more
> laid back

Your little clicqe may be accepting of you, but you're clearly on the
kook fringe even in Toronto.

> and accepting of
> other's differences

Okay, you fucking asshole, let's deal with this bullshit once and for
all. I live in a minority-majority state -- one of four in the nation
where non-white populations exceed the white population. I live in a
city which is one of the most diverse and integrated in the country. In
2003, the last year for which I can find hate crimes statistics for
Texas, there were 294 reported incidents; our population is over 22
million. Comparatively speaking, the LIBERAL states of New Jersey had
594 reported hate crimes (population just over 8.6 million), New York
had 602 reported hate crimes (population of about 19 million), and
Massachusetts had 403 reported hate crimes (population 5.2 million).

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03hc.pdf

The states you would call "hard to the right" treat others more
respectfully, no matter how weird others are. So don't give me any more
of your baseless sterotyping bullshit about "acceptance." If you do,
I'll get out your own crime reports and see how well Ontario matches up
in terms of hate crimes. Like this:

Toronto's Hate Crime Unit reported a 22% rise of hate
crimes in Metropolitan Toronto between 1997 and 1998, up to 228
from 187.
http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/multi/evidence/series4_e.cfm

That's only ONE fucking city with a metropolitan population a quarter
the size of my state. Why does your "accepting" city have nearly
four-times as many hate crimes as my entire state, bitch?!

> than a
> hard to the right state like
> Texas is.

Hardly to the right. I live in the only county which has voted for the
Democratic presidential candidate in every election since
Reconstruction. As a whole, this state is about as far to the right as
the rest of the nation -- just right of center. Your stereotypes and
caricatures are way off base. See above.

>>It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
>>"possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
>>many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
>>your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
>>be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.
>
> I have the skill

You have no marketable skills, loser.

C. James Strutz
2005-08-31 13:27:56 EST

"pussy boy" <support@our.troops> wrote in message
> Candy-ass James Strutz wrote:

>> She describes typical experiences
>
> *Atypical* experiences.

Then you must live on a different planet. Must be Texas...

> NORMAL people don't eat before going to parties. NORMAL people don't give
> lectures or diatribes against what's served at parties. NORMAL people
> don't bring their OWN food to parties. NORMAL people will gratefully eat
> what's graciously offered.

NORMAL people make compromises graciously and respectfully.

> Thanks for admitting that you are, like Skanky is, abnormal.

I would gladly associate myself with the likes of her than you.

>> carnivorous world.
>
> Omnivorous. I've yet to attend a party that was strictly meat.

You know what I mean, dickhead. Quit picking nits...

>> Somehow I doubt that you would be as gracious as you like to think you
>> are,
>
> For example:
>
> Any food offered with love and in the spirit of gratitude is
> holy. To deny it is to profane all that is good, blessed, and
> right....

Any person who truely "loves" you will be sympathetic to one's eating
preferences. Any host I know would go out of their way to make their guests
happy and confortable. They're usually more than happy to have you bring
something to share with everyone.

> I'm sure you can discuss well beforehand your insecurities and
> peculiar food obsessions with the person in whose home you will
> be guest. Perhaps that person will sanctify a fake turkey -- a
> mockery to God -- to satisfy your eating disorder. What better
> way, though, than to show others that one can be a cheerful
> participant of the rest of the thanksgiving feast without eating
> the bird....

I didn't know we were talking about Thanksgiving, not that it makes a
difference. There's almost never a problem finding something I can eat at
parties and dinners. Of course, I'm not vegan like you are...

> What's wrong with compromise on one bloody day of the entire
> year? Surely love of God and family outweighs the specious issue
> of veganism the entire year.
> yours truly: http://tinyurl.com/8sacw

Ironic that you should use the word "bloody" to emphasize Thanksgiving.

Usual Suspect
2005-08-31 13:36:01 EST
Candy-ass James Strutz wrote:

>>>She describes typical experiences
>>
>>*Atypical* experiences.
>
> Then you must live on a different planet.

No.

>>NORMAL people don't eat before going to parties. NORMAL people don't give
>>lectures or diatribes against what's served at parties. NORMAL people
>>don't bring their OWN food to parties. NORMAL people will gratefully eat
>>what's graciously offered.
>
> NORMAL people make compromises graciously and respectfully.

She's abnormal. So are you.

>>Thanks for admitting that you are, like Skanky is, abnormal.
>
> I would gladly associate myself with the likes of her

At least that would get you off Wendy's back. Are you even seeing her on
a professional basis now?

>>>carnivorous world.
>>
>>Omnivorous. I've yet to attend a party that was strictly meat.
>
> You know what I mean

I know what you *wrote*, Putz.

>>>Somehow I doubt that you would be as gracious as you like to think you
>>>are,
>>
>>For example:
>>
>>Any food offered with love and in the spirit of gratitude is
>>holy. To deny it is to profane all that is good, blessed, and
>>right....
>
> Any person who truely "loves" you
won't have to wonder if you have Asperger's or some other organic excuse
for being an inattentive, distant asshole.

>>I'm sure you can discuss well beforehand your insecurities and
>>peculiar food obsessions with the person in whose home you will
>>be guest. Perhaps that person will sanctify a fake turkey -- a
>>mockery to God -- to satisfy your eating disorder. What better
>>way, though, than to show others that one can be a cheerful
>>participant of the rest of the thanksgiving feast without eating
>>the bird....
>
> I didn't know we were talking about Thanksgiving, not that it makes a
> difference.

I gave you examples to demonstrate you're wrong in your portrayal of my
gratitude when others invite me over for parties or gatherings.

> There's almost never a problem finding something I can eat at
> parties and dinners.

Your parents must be really proud.

>>What's wrong with compromise on one bloody day of the entire
>>year? Surely love of God and family outweighs the specious issue
>>of veganism the entire year.
>>yours truly: http://tinyurl.com/8sacw
>
> Ironic

The only irony is how "compassionate" vegans show their abject contempt
for other humans during holy days.

C. James Strutz
2005-08-31 13:49:24 EST

"bonehead" <support@our.troops> wrote in message
> Scented Asshole wrote:

>> I've had great success with this.
>
> You're unbelievably narcissistic if you think that it's a success to have
> the WHOLE PARTY have to adapt to your fucking eating disorder.

She never said the WHOLE PARTY had to adapt to her eating preferences. You
made it up.

>> True friends let you know.
>
> True friends needn't ask ahead of time so they can decide if they'll eat
> before the party or bring their own food.

True friends are sympathetic to one's eating preferences.

>> If the meal is too meat based
>
> You shouldn't be asked to attend.

You mean 'invited'. An invitation is not a request.

> I'd be insulted if my guests only showed up at the end of the party like
> you do.

Good, I'll keep that in mind the next time you invite me to one of your
parties.

> Your friends show a lot more class and tact than you do by not telling you
> what a disrespectful asshole you are.

That leaves you with something less than class and tact.

>> and accepting of
>> other's differences
>
> Okay, you fucking asshole, let's deal with this bullshit once and for all.

I love it when we get under your skin.

> I live in a minority-majority state -- one of four in the nation where
> non-white populations exceed the white population. I live in a city which
> is one of the most diverse and integrated in the country. In 2003, the
> last year for which I can find hate crimes statistics for Texas, there
> were 294 reported incidents; our population is over 22 million.
> Comparatively speaking, the LIBERAL states of New Jersey had 594 reported
> hate crimes (population just over 8.6 million), New York had 602 reported
> hate crimes (population of about 19 million), and Massachusetts had 403
> reported hate crimes (population 5.2 million).
>
> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html
> http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03hc.pdf
>
> The states you would call "hard to the right" treat others more
> respectfully, no matter how weird others are. So don't give me any more of
> your baseless sterotyping bullshit about "acceptance." If you do, I'll get
> out your own crime reports and see how well Ontario matches up in terms of
> hate crimes. Like this:
>
> Toronto's Hate Crime Unit reported a 22% rise of hate
> crimes in Metropolitan Toronto between 1997 and 1998, up to 228
> from 187.
> http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/multi/evidence/series4_e.cfm
>
> That's only ONE fucking city with a metropolitan population a quarter the
> size of my state. Why does your "accepting" city have nearly four-times as
> many hate crimes as my entire state, bitch?!
>
>> than a
>> hard to the right state like
>> Texas is.
>
> Hardly to the right. I live in the only county which has voted for the
> Democratic presidential candidate in every election since Reconstruction.
> As a whole, this state is about as far to the right as the rest of the
> nation -- just right of center. Your stereotypes and caricatures are way
> off base. See above.

You and Texas are far, far to the right. Texas is full of rednecks who wear
cowboy hats and drive pickup trucks. Texas is also full of criminals. The
re-runs of Walker: Texas Ranger prove it.

C. James Strutz
2005-08-31 13:54:23 EST

>>>*Atypical* experiences.
>>
>> Then you must live on a different planet.
>
> No.

Yes.

>>>NORMAL people don't eat before going to parties. NORMAL people don't give
>>>lectures or diatribes against what's served at parties. NORMAL people
>>>don't bring their OWN food to parties. NORMAL people will gratefully eat
>>>what's graciously offered.
>>
>> NORMAL people make compromises graciously and respectfully.
>
> She's abnormal. So are you.

What's normal?

>> I didn't know we were talking about Thanksgiving, not that it makes a
>> difference.
>
> I gave you examples to demonstrate you're wrong in your portrayal of my
> gratitude when others invite me over for parties or gatherings.

Oh, I thought you were "moving goalposts" again.

>> There's almost never a problem finding something I can eat at parties and
>> dinners.
>
> Your parents must be really proud.

My father is very proud of me, my mother passed away almost 10 years ago
from complications of cancer.

> The only irony is how "compassionate" vegans show their abject contempt
> for other humans during holy days.

Since when is Thanksgiving a holy day?

Usual Suspect
2005-08-31 14:03:39 EST
Candy-ass James Strutz wrote:
>>>I've had great success with this.
>>
>>You're unbelievably narcissistic if you think that it's a success to have
>>the WHOLE PARTY have to adapt to your fucking eating disorder.
>
> She never said the WHOLE PARTY

Once a friend's dad
made it into a big adventure
where everyone tried veggie
burgers for the first time.
-- Skanky

>>>True friends let you know.
>>
>>True friends needn't ask ahead of time so they can decide if they'll eat
>>before the party or bring their own food.
>
> True friends are sympathetic to one's eating preferences.

True friends are honest if your preferences go overboard.

>>>If the meal is too meat based
>>
>>You shouldn't be asked to attend.
>
> You mean 'invited'. An invitation is not a request.

1. The act of inviting.
2. A spoken or written *REQUEST* for someone's presence or
participation.
3. An allurement, enticement, or attraction.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/invitation

My emphasis. Are you a dummy or just a liar?

>>I'd be insulted if my guests only showed up at the end of the party like
>>you do.
>
> Good,

It's impolite, you skinny prick.

> I'll keep that in mind the next time

There hasn't been a first time. And there won't be one. I've not even
told you when I've been in Pittsburgh.

>>Your friends show a lot more class and tact than you do by not telling you
>>what a disrespectful asshole you are.
>
> That leaves you

I don't mind telling her the truth. Same goes for you, dipshit.

>>>and accepting of
>>>other's differences
>>
>>Okay, you fucking asshole, let's deal with this bullshit once and for all.
>
> I love it when we get under your skin.

You're not under my skin.

>>I live in a minority-majority state -- one of four in the nation where
>>non-white populations exceed the white population. I live in a city which
>>is one of the most diverse and integrated in the country. In 2003, the
>>last year for which I can find hate crimes statistics for Texas, there
>>were 294 reported incidents; our population is over 22 million.
>>Comparatively speaking, the LIBERAL states of New Jersey had 594 reported
>>hate crimes (population just over 8.6 million), New York had 602 reported
>>hate crimes (population of about 19 million), and Massachusetts had 403
>>reported hate crimes (population 5.2 million).
>>
>>http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html
>>http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03hc.pdf
>>
>>The states you would call "hard to the right" treat others more
>>respectfully, no matter how weird others are. So don't give me any more of
>>your baseless sterotyping bullshit about "acceptance." If you do, I'll get
>>out your own crime reports and see how well Ontario matches up in terms of
>>hate crimes. Like this:
>>
>>Toronto's Hate Crime Unit reported a 22% rise of hate
>>crimes in Metropolitan Toronto between 1997 and 1998, up to 228
>>from 187.
>>http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/multi/evidence/series4_e.cfm
>>
>>That's only ONE fucking city with a metropolitan population a quarter the
>>size of my state. Why does your "accepting" city have nearly four-times as
>>many hate crimes as my entire state, bitch?!
>>

>>>than a
>>>hard to the right state like
>>>Texas is.
>>
>>Hardly to the right. I live in the only county which has voted for the
>>Democratic presidential candidate in every election since Reconstruction.
>>As a whole, this state is about as far to the right as the rest of the
>>nation -- just right of center. Your stereotypes and caricatures are way
>>off base. See above.
>
> You and Texas

Let's talk about you and Wendy. Are you still seeing her personally or
just professionally for your "issues" now?