Vegetarian Discussion: Insect Collection Cruelty

Insect Collection Cruelty

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)

Dr Phred
2005-08-27 11:48:31 EST
I see lots of flame, but it isn't shedding any light on my problem...

Rick
2005-08-27 12:06:38 EST

"Dr Phred" <drphred@attitude.com> wrote in message
>I see lots of flame, but it isn't shedding any light on my
>problem...
>====================
Because fool, there is NO problem, other than in your head.
Thanks for once again proving that unnecessary killing of things
is not your real concern here, killer.

Gerbil Pumpin' Jonnie
2005-08-27 13:32:33 EST

rick wrote:
> "Dr Phred" <drphred@attitude.com> wrote in message
> >I see lots of flame, but it isn't shedding any light on my
> >problem...
> >====================

> Because fool, there is NO problem, other than in your head.
> Thanks for once again proving that unnecessary killing of things
> is not your real concern here, killer.

So having children killing and collecting things is not a problem?
At the least it is a useless waste of time.
The teacher would be further ahead taking the children on a field trip
and explaining how the insect world works....that there are bugs that
destroy plants but are in turn kept in check by other bugs (and other
wildlife)that prey on them.

Rick
2005-08-27 20:05:07 EST

"Gerbil pumpin' jonnie" <rudy-canoza@excite.com> wrote in message

> rick wrote:
>> "Dr Phred" <drphred@attitude.com> wrote in message
>> >I see lots of flame, but it isn't shedding any light on my
>> >problem...
>> >====================
>

>> Because fool, there is NO problem, other than in your head.
>> Thanks for once again proving that unnecessary killing of
>> things
>> is not your real concern here, killer.
>

> So having children killing and collecting things is not a
> problem?
===================
Nope. All you do is kill and leave them to rot. Who is doing
the worst thing, hypocrite?

> At the least it is a useless waste of time.
> The teacher would be further ahead taking the children on a
> field trip
> and explaining how the insect world works....that there are
> bugs that
> destroy plants but are in turn kept in check by other bugs (and
> other
> wildlife)that prey on them.
====================
How do you know that that isn't what is taught? Having the real
specomins there to explain their function and life is easier to
understand that some dry text. Besides, how do you learn
anything about all the animals you kill when all you do is ignore
them and leave them to rot, killer?

SpiKe
2005-08-28 07:11:32 EST

> My son is a freshman in a Christian High School. This school has a long
> tradition of making an insect collection a large part of the Biology
> curriculum. Each student is expected to catch, kill and mount as large
> a variety of insects as possible. I believe that this is wrong on many
> levels. First, it teaches disrespect for life. Second, it is
> ecologically irresponsible. Third, it is an ineffective and
> time-consuming way to teach one of the most unimportant aspects of
> biology.
>
> Can you help me convince my son's teacher that what he is doing is
> wrong? A Google search was very unfruitful, and only produced some
> anti-PETA articles from FOX news. I don't get it- this approach to
> biology is so wrong and outdated, why am I the only one up in arms?
>
> Thanks.

Astonished. A leftover of Victorian scientific thinking. Typical Christian
attitude to animal life. You should remove your son from this so-called
school before he ends up like some of the prats that post here.

Rick
2005-08-28 20:55:54 EST

"SpiKe >" <no-one@home.com.<invalid> wrote in message

> "Dr Phred" <drphred@attitude.com> wrote in message
>> My son is a freshman in a Christian High School. This school
>> has a long
>> tradition of making an insect collection a large part of the
>> Biology
>> curriculum. Each student is expected to catch, kill and mount
>> as large
>> a variety of insects as possible. I believe that this is wrong
>> on many
>> levels. First, it teaches disrespect for life. Second, it is
>> ecologically irresponsible. Third, it is an ineffective and
>> time-consuming way to teach one of the most unimportant
>> aspects of
>> biology.
>>
>> Can you help me convince my son's teacher that what he is
>> doing is
>> wrong? A Google search was very unfruitful, and only produced
>> some
>> anti-PETA articles from FOX news. I don't get it- this
>> approach to
>> biology is so wrong and outdated, why am I the only one up in
>> arms?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Astonished. A leftover of Victorian scientific thinking.
> Typical Christian attitude to animal life.
=======================
And what is your 'enlightened' attitude to animals lives? Care
to tell use how you justify your brutal, inhumane contributions
to animal death and sufffering for nothing more than your selfish
entertainment?

You should remove your son from this so-called
> school before he ends up like some of the prats that post here.
> =========================
LOL What, an uncaring, brutal, inhumane killer like you that
excuses your actions by focusing on what you think others are
doing? Thanks for the laugh, hypocrite.

T*@hotmail.com
2005-08-30 21:14:14 EST

pickle-head@hotmail.com wrote:
> Nice way to piss someone off, jackass.
> But like usual, your post is best to be ignored.

It's not ignored. You responded, so it must have been of some
importance, else why would someone of your intelligence and importance
have responded to it?

TC

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)