Vegetarian Discussion: Insect Collection Cruelty

Insect Collection Cruelty

Dr Phred
2005-08-26 00:40:11 EST
My son is a freshman in a Christian High School. This school has a long
tradition of making an insect collection a large part of the Biology
curriculum. Each student is expected to catch, kill and mount as large
a variety of insects as possible. I believe that this is wrong on many
levels. First, it teaches disrespect for life. Second, it is
ecologically irresponsible. Third, it is an ineffective and
time-consuming way to teach one of the most unimportant aspects of
biology.

Can you help me convince my son's teacher that what he is doing is
wrong? A Google search was very unfruitful, and only produced some
anti-PETA articles from FOX news. I don't get it- this approach to
biology is so wrong and outdated, why am I the only one up in arms?

Thanks.

CARP
2005-08-26 07:36:04 EST
Dr Phred <drphred@attitude.com> spewed incessantly:

> Can you help me convince my son's teacher that what he is doing is
> wrong?

You gotta be fucking kidding?

Xpurgatoryx
2005-08-26 10:13:05 EST
The myth, legend, giant known as "CARP" <ask@nice.com> shouted a big yo yo yo
out to tha homies in news:I8DPe.2$eD.466@news.uswest.net on the date Fri 26
Aug 2005 06:36:04a:

> Dr Phred <drphred@attitude.com> spewed incessantly:
>
>> Can you help me convince my son's teacher that what he is doing is
>> wrong?
>
> You gotta be fucking kidding?

ignore carp. he is a useless troll. infact killfile him or block him.
whatever your program allows. you should write a letter of emotion about how
this effects your beliefs and family. If they can take prayer out of school
and deal with religion. Then they can deal with your personal beliefs. Thats
my opinion.

--
"Don't take life too serious. You'll never escape it alive anyway." Elbert
Hubbard

T*@hotmail.com
2005-08-26 11:01:46 EST

Dr Phred wrote:
> My son is a freshman in a Christian High School. This school has a long
> tradition of making an insect collection a large part of the Biology
> curriculum. Each student is expected to catch, kill and mount as large
> a variety of insects as possible. I believe that this is wrong on many
> levels. First, it teaches disrespect for life. Second, it is
> ecologically irresponsible. Third, it is an ineffective and
> time-consuming way to teach one of the most unimportant aspects of
> biology.
>
> Can you help me convince my son's teacher that what he is doing is
> wrong? A Google search was very unfruitful, and only produced some
> anti-PETA articles from FOX news. I don't get it- this approach to
> biology is so wrong and outdated, why am I the only one up in arms?
>
> Thanks.

Here's how you do it. Lay out a large plastic sheet under the biggest
tree you can find. Then get a mosquito fogger at your local hardware
store and fog the hell out of the tree, as high up as you can go. In no
time he will have a collection that the entire school can be proud of.
Quick and efficient. No wasted time. And lots of fun.

TC

CARP
2005-08-26 11:41:06 EST
xpurgatoryx <imcnote@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ignore carp. he is a useless troll.

Troll? Hardly. Just a voice of reason.

> infact killfile him or block him.

Ooooh.... Please do, since that would hurt me so bad!

Scented Nectar
2005-08-26 12:49:33 EST
"CARP" <ask@nice.com> wrote in message
> xpurgatoryx <imcnote@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ignore carp. he is a useless troll.
>
> Troll? Hardly. Just a voice of reason.
>
> > infact killfile him or block him.
>
> Ooooh.... Please do, since that would hurt me so bad!

I say we mount Carp on a long nail
to a labelled board and leave him
until dead. Then put him on display.
After all, he thinks it is ok to do to
other pain feeling creatures
unnecessarily...:)

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

P*@hotmail.com
2005-08-26 14:00:56 EST
Nice way to piss someone off, jackass.
But like usual, your post is best to be ignored.

CARP
2005-08-26 14:57:15 EST
Necturd <me@scentednectar.com> wrote:

> I say we mount Carp on a long nail
> to a labelled board and leave him
> until dead.

Thanks Necturd.

CARP
2005-08-26 16:15:20 EST
CARP <ask@nice.com> wrote:

>> I say we mount Carp on a long nail
>> to a labelled board and leave him
>> until dead.
>
> Thanks Necturd.

Typical of you PeTA/ARA fucktards to value an insect's life over that of
your fellow man.

Scented Nectar
2005-08-27 01:23:20 EST
> Necturd <me@scentednectar.com> wrote: