Vegetarian Discussion: Why I DON'T Support Our Troops:

Why I DON'T Support Our Troops:

Holliston Perni
2005-08-24 13:59:28 EST

It's getting a bit tiresome seeing one misguided American after another with
their cutsie little yellow or red-white-blue ribbons on their outsized SUVs.
Yeah, I guess it's the thing to do; maybe part of that whole soccer-mom
culture. Unfortunately, the only thing they demonstrate is that the person
behind the wheel is a clueless, easily misguided, nitwit.

If foreign invaders landed on our soil, as we have done in Iraq, I would be
the first one to take up arms and repel them. (I suppose that would make me
an 'insurgent' by OUR logic.) This, and other aggressive governments have
always done their utmost to make it APPEAR as if committing yourself to kill
in feuds on distant shores that have nothing to do with the welfare of the
citizenry is somehow patriotic.

It is not.

Enlisting in the armed forces, in the absence of a real and impending
foreign threat, is no different that hiring yourself as a paid assassin . .
. the only difference is, you're not getting paid enough. But let's take a
realistic look at exactly WHO joins up in an all-volunteer army.

The first group are those who join (during peacetime) for the benefits: to
get an education, or because it seems a reasonable career path. Consider
carefully! Realize that you are gambling with your humanity. Once you sign
that form, you sign away your right to say: "No, that is an atrocity." You
put your abilities, including the ability to kill, at the disposal of proven
liars, psychopaths . . . enemies of humanity. Do you think that every German
soldier in World War II who helped load Jews into cattle cars was a
cold-blooded killer? Most were poor kids, just like you, who got caught up
in the patriotic frenzy. Once you're in, you're IN. You lose the ability to
stop killing until they tell you so. This not only makes you less than
human, it makes you less than an animal, for even the animals retain their
freedom of self determination.

The second group are the simple minded, who fall for patriotic entreaties
about defending democracy, Mom, apple pie; in other words, all the
traditional government propaganda. Do you think Soviet lads subjugated their
neighbors throughout the world because they thought the Soviet Union was an
EVIL empire? No, they were fighting for MOM, and whatever passes for apple
pie in Russia. Step back and examine the lies your government is handing
you, and ask yourself if they have the ring of truth. Do you want to be one
of the murderers in uniform who opened up on their fellow citizens at Kent
State? When you put on that uniform, you give up all autonomy, and become
nothing more than a weapon, to be used for whatever evil purposes the
scoundrels in government demand (and, if you look carefully, you will
discover that the only interests THEY serve are those of the big businesses
that own them.)

Finally, you have the hard-core psychopaths. These are the people who WANT
to kill. Murder, torture, rape; THESE are the American values upon which
THIS group is focused. The cause doesn't matter, they're after the thrill
that only warfare can provide.

Just remember: killing for George W. Bush, or for George H.W. Bush, or for
Lyndon B. Johnson, is not the same as defending yourself, your family, your
friends, or your country. Don't be a dupe. Don't Enlist

Rudy Canoza
2005-08-24 14:26:38 EST
Holliston Perni wrote:
> It's getting a bit tiresome seeing one misguided American after another with
> their cutsie little yellow or red-white-blue ribbons on their outsized SUVs.

I agree. Nonetheless, your complaint is too
scattershot. I support the troops, and want them to
come home safely. That doesn't mean that I support the
mission on which they've been sent. "Support the
troops" has been co-opted, corrupted, to mean "Support
the mission". Regrettably, it becomes necessary to
elaborate: "I support the troops, but I don't support
the mission." Doesn't quite fit on a bumper sticker.

If you're not willing to support the troops to the
extent of hoping for the safe return home of all of
them, then you're a hard-hearted asshole, and you will
deserve the opprobrium that will come your way.

B*@hotmail.com
2005-08-24 16:35:40 EST

Rudy Canoza wrote:
> Holliston Perni wrote:
> > It's getting a bit tiresome seeing one misguided American after another with
> > their cutsie little yellow or red-white-blue ribbons on their outsized SUVs.
>
> I agree. Nonetheless, your complaint is too
> scattershot. I support the troops, and want them to
> come home safely. That doesn't mean that I support the
> mission on which they've been sent. "Support the
> troops" has been co-opted, corrupted, to mean "Support
> the mission". Regrettably, it becomes necessary to
> elaborate: "I support the troops, but I don't support
> the mission." Doesn't quite fit on a bumper sticker.
>
> If you're not willing to support the troops to the
> extent of hoping for the safe return home of all of
> them, then you're a hard-hearted asshole, and you will
> deserve the opprobrium that will come your way.

Rudy you are a moron.

Every American *absolutely* knew that there were no WMD before the
troops were sent in and did absolutely nothing to stop the invasion.

Every soldier *absolutely* knew that neither saddam personally nor Iraq
was a threat to the USA.

America was not attacked by Iraq.

Everyone knew that.

The military personnel serving in Iraq are war criminals.

CARP
2005-08-24 17:25:04 EST
Holliston Perni <hPerni@AmericanJunta.com> wrote:

> Just remember: killing for George W. Bush, or for George H.W. Bush,
> or for Lyndon B. Johnson, is not the same as defending yourself, your
> family, your friends, or your country. Don't be a dupe. Don't Enlist

Lots of ignorant shit clipped.

You, sir, are a moron.

Xpurgatoryx
2005-08-25 17:05:04 EST
The myth, legend, giant known as "Holliston Perni"
<*i@AmericanJunta.com> shouted a big yo yo yo out to tha homies in
news:1124906615.1b7ab2add2237ceaae62d971e0fe0447@teranews on the date Wed
24 Aug 2005 12:59:28p:

keep your political shit out of here.

--
"Don't take life too serious. You'll never escape it alive anyway."
Elbert Hubbard

Pesco-vegan
2005-08-28 19:08:24 EST
I agree with much of your post but at the end of the day, I wouldn't
want my country to
be without a military. I think Rudy had it right when he said we should
support the
troops but not the cause. BTW what does any of this have to do with
vegetarian ethics?

Xpurgatoryx
2005-08-29 22:16:40 EST
The myth, legend, giant known as "Pesco-vegan" <prplbn@hotmail.com> shouted a
big yo yo yo out to tha homies in news:1125270504.220734.254720
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com on the date Sun 28 Aug 2005 06:08:24p:

> I agree with much of your post but at the end of the day, I wouldn't
> want my country to
> be without a military. I think Rudy had it right when he said we should
> support the
> troops but not the cause. BTW what does any of this have to do with
> vegetarian ethics?

why are you talking about useless shit then questioning yourself? Maybe
because you are just as bitch a troll as the other peeps.